Final Fantasy Versus XIII

dont forget that dates on store sites are usually wrong i remember when best buy put FFXIII down as like 4/21/08 or something like that. so i wouldnt trust release dates until square enix announces it.

No new news on versus?! really???! ive only done some light reading on what i can find on google....god dam you SE. GIVE ME INFO

[quote name='panzerfaust']wow, Square Enix just never stop pushing the limits[/QUOTE]
Lol, what do you mean? Pushing the boundaries of what defines Final Fantasy?

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, what do you mean? Pushing the boundaries of what defines Final Fantasy?[/QUOTE]

I was noticing the finer details of that gameplay reveal -- the animation of that in-game fight was simply unreal. I'm looking forward to the actual HD video of it, or are they going to hide it again?

They'll probably just keep pulling the trailer down since the earlier one got nixed. I'm not sure if there was a direct feed version or not, but it's nice to just see what's in store. The world looks infinitely more open than FFXIII was and that's all that matters IMO.

[quote name='panzerfaust']That would be quite the task :D[/QUOTE]
FF XIII was pretty terrible for a Final Fantasy. Normally get you a sense of grandeur, of how epic things are. It was like playing FF7 but the game kept you bombing reactors instead of letting you out of Midgar. At least this has some real time aspects to it, hopefully it's not turn based like 13.

[quote name='Mad39er']FF XIII was pretty terrible for a Final Fantasy. Normally get you a sense of grandeur, of how epic things are. It was like playing FF7 but the game kept you bombing reactors instead of letting you out of Midgar. At least this has some real time aspects to it, hopefully it's not turn based like 13.[/QUOTE]

Do we even have a clear cut definition of what a Final Fantasy should be?

This may not be a traditional FF game, but at least from that trailer it's gotten more of my interest than FF13 was able to hold. I stopped about halfway through 13 as I couldnt take any more at the time. I know I didnt get to the good part and I will eventually go back and finish, just kept dragging on...

[quote name='panzerfaust']Do we even have a clear cut definition of what a Final Fantasy should be?[/QUOTE]

imo ff 7 - 10

[quote name='jh6269']Does anyone else think that Versus looks like an action RPG? Oh lord I hope it is. That will be really freaking awesome if I'm right.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't it already confirmed that it will be an action RPG with a Kingdom Hearts type battle system? At least everything I remember hearing about the game mentions that.

[quote name='Zerok']Wasn't it already confirmed that it will be an action RPG with a Kingdom Hearts type battle system? At least everything I remember hearing about the game mentions that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't know that, but maybe it has been confirmed... I never played Kingdom Hearts, so I guess if I did read that before, it didn't have any significance.

bread's done
Back