Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children $9.49 @ Amazon

To comment on the "beautiful transfer," only the newly-added footage is in true HD. Most of the movie is upscaled from the DVD release, unfortunately.

That aside, this is a good price.

I loved FFVII back in middle school, heck, still gotta say I love it. This worth a buy on blu for the story and everything?

[quote name='mr_bungle']I loved FFVII back in middle school, heck, still gotta say I love it. This worth a buy on blu for the story and everything?[/QUOTE]

For the story? No, the story is ass. But the visuals and music mostly make up for it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I loved FFVII back in middle school, heck, still gotta say I love it. This worth a buy on blu for the story and everything?[/QUOTE]

No story, but pretty action with your favorite characters and some new

I got the Japanese version back when it came with a demo of FF13. It's a blurry, upscaled mess. I can't believe they didn't bother to re-render the existing footage at 1080p.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I hated the original release, but for $10 it might be worth watching Tifa's fight scene again.[/QUOTE]

That is the only reason I am considering a purchase.

Thanks OP. My first blu-ray purchase even though I've owned a PS3 for quite some time. Didn't want to spend anymore money on stuff like this but with my Prime trial expiring in a week this is the best time to get this without paying shipping or adding filler items. This is definitely a good movie to watch when I'm completely bored or want something to watch in the background.

[quote name='pewpewpew']This is definitely a good movie to watch when I'm completely bored or want something to watch in the background.[/QUOTE]

Talk about damning with faint praise. :lol:

[quote name='rapsodist']Talk about damning with faint praise. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah it's definitely better than I made it sound. :lol: I don't usually rewatch movies unless it's one of my few absolute favorites or if I'm trying to take the monotony out of another activity like working out.

I saw this for $9.99 at Fred Meyer today. Too late since I already ordered it from Amazon 2 days ago. I ordered it when it said in stock on 10/1 but prime shipping jumped the queue for me.

Only $0.50 more from Amazon but they sent me a $4 Video on Demand coupon good for a movie rental. I guess I got a better deal :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It dropped to $9.49. Might want to change the thread title.[/QUOTE]
Damn, now I feel silly for jumping on the Overstock price. Ah well, only $2.

Mine came and it was definitely a fun watch compared to the massive disappointment it was for me when I younger. Watched it in Japanese with no subtitles so as not to be distracted =D

I was impressed on how much FFXIII's cinematics have spoiled me though. This doesn't looks as good IMO.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I hated the original release, but for $10 it might be worth watching Tifa's fight scene again.[/QUOTE]

Original release?

Well, I've the DVD version (Limited Set Collector Ed 2007).

Are there any additional scenes (Tifa fight scene?) that may be in this BluRay version that wasn't on the DVD version (LE Coll. Set)?

FYI. Case is kinda crappy. It's thin and extremely flimsy. Even has a tab you have to open first before you can open the case. Flimsiest case I've seen in a long time.

[quote name='cagfansub']Original release?

Well, I've the DVD version (Limited Set Collector Ed 2007).

Are there any additional scenes (Tifa fight scene?) that may be in this BluRay version that wasn't on the DVD version (LE Coll. Set)?[/QUOTE]

That scene is the same but there's 26 minutes of new footage throughout the movie.

I don't believe yours has this footage, as it came out well before the extended edition did.

My case came damaged. :cry: It looks like somebody got pissed off at the VII in "Final Fantasy VII" and stabbed it with a pointy object. Time to request a replacement...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back