Final Fantasy VII - PSN only $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This is a sort of deal and was posted in the discussion thread, but since it's only $9.99 I've posted it in the deals section--mods feel free to move.

Available on PSN right now for only $9.99 is the classic FFVII. As I'm sure you all know this can be downloaded and played on either your PS3 or your PSP...

[quote name='Capitalizt']help a brotha out.. How would one going about transferring these save files from a PC to PS3? Can I just throw the files on a USB stick and have the PS3 recognize them as save files?[/QUOTE]

You can't just throw them on, but it's not very complicated. Here's a thread from GameFAQs about how to do it. Credit to Darkness King for it.

Edit: I know he's talking about zip files since most if not every save on GameFAQs comes in a zip file, but the base file you're looking for has a .PSV extension. The .PSV is the file you want in the PS3/SAVEDATA folder.

[quote name='"GameFAQs"']
1) How/Where do i download game saves for PS3 games (Such as Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed)?

- Gamefaqs provide a large selection of game saves for us. Simply go under 'Game Saves' for the game you want and download the 'Save Game File' (which is a zip file).

2) What do i do with the zip file ?

- Unzip the file
- Create new folder (name it PS3) in your USB Flash Drive.
- Create another folder inside the PS3 folder, name it 'SAVEDATA'

In most cases, the file you unzip would be a folder named something like this 'BCUS98103'. DO NOT rename it.

- Drag the folder into PS3/SAVEDATA

3) What's next?

- Turn on your PS3
- Plug your USB stick into the USB slot on your PS3
- Under Game > Saved Data Unity, 'USB Device' should appear on the top, select that
- Hit triangle when you see the save on your USB stick, select 'Copy'[/quote]

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']So many people think this is the "best" game/RPG ever because they were around 13 at the time they played it.

To paraphrase the quote, "The Golden Age of anything is 13."[/QUOTE]

Iam sure as hell not 13 now and i can see why this game gets the praise it does.

[quote name='wEEman33']The soundtrack is by far the best part of the game.

Otherwise, it's just another standard JRPG that happened to get a lot of hype over its OMGGRAPHICS back in the day and benefits from the nostalgia that comes with it being a lot of people's first experience in the genre.[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. FF7 is the most overrated game of all time, without a doubt.

[quote name='dr_illingsworth']Agree completely. FF7 is the most overrated game of all time, without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

My first JPRG was Final Fantasy III (or VI, whatever) and I still find that one the best game I've ever played. However, FF7 ranks next to it.

Part of the fondness most people hold for it was indeed the graphics, which allowed for a presentation and story telling that no game allowed for before, so yes, it was indeed OMGGRAPHICS that plays a large role in its aura.

However, it has one of the more poignant stories around, combined with a pretty large open world, fantastic character development, length and lots to do, that make it so great.

I think it's well worth the $10 to play this, but as I owned the PC version, I won't be picking this up. H/T to the OP though.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Wow $10? Why so much? Being the fact that it's digital, doesn't that cost down on costs? :|[/QUOTE]

My guess would be a combination of its popularity plus bandwidth. The game is 1.32 gig, nearly 4 times as large as a game like Castlevania Chronicles, so I'd suspect it takes a bit more resources to host it. Also, and this is what I'd go with, is that the game is so damn famous that people would probably pay close to $20 without batting an eye. I'm not too annoyed with paying $4 extra, but I kind of understand it.

$10 is a fair price point taking into consideration the demand for the game and its fairly large size. You can also take into account not having to buy a memory card, or the convenience of switching discs, etc.

[quote name='Nirron']My guess would be a combination of its popularity plus bandwidth. The game is 1.32 gig, nearly 4 times as large as a game like Castlevania Chronicles, so I'd suspect it takes a bit more resources to host it. Also, and this is what I'd go with, is that the game is so damn famous that people would probably pay close to $20 without batting an eye. I'm not too annoyed with paying $4 extra, but I kind of understand it.[/QUOTE]
That extra few hundred megabytes won't cost $4/download. They're only doing it because they can.

Well I mean, I purchased this game years ago, for $19.99, years have passed, and it only drops down in $10? Yet systems drop down in the hundreds?

Not to sound stupid...but I can't find this download ANYWHERE on the playstation store. Help!? I haven't downloaded a PSOne game since they changed the website. Can anyone post the link?

[quote name='DarthLGP']Not to sound stupid...but I can't find this download ANYWHERE on the playstation store. Help!? I haven't downloaded a PSOne game since they changed the website. Can anyone post the link?[/QUOTE] I think it's listed in the E3 section since it was announced there.

[quote name='DarthLGP']Not to sound stupid...but I can't find this download ANYWHERE on the playstation store. Help!? I haven't downloaded a PSOne game since they changed the website. Can anyone post the link?[/QUOTE]

I think the easiest thing to do is to connect to the PSN directly via your PSP. It should be the very last menu option on the right in your XMB. Just enter your login (or you can create one if you haven't already), then you'll be taken to the games and video download menu.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I think the easiest thing to do is to connect to the PSN directly via your PSP. It should be the very last menu option on the right in your XMB. Just enter your login (or you can create one if you haven't already), then you'll be taken to the games and video download menu.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will try that. Sony's website frustrates the hell out of me! So unintuitive. I have to find my PSP first and dust it off. I was about to sell it, but this is a great reason to hang on to it!

You guys do know that this still sells for 30-40 for a greatest hits and 50-80 for black label. I don't know why there is whining that it's ten bucks. Most would be forced to spend the money. Also you could think that it could have been released on PSP for 40 bucks like all the other square games. This way you get it on PS3 and your PSP for 10 bucks. Its a steal so stop whining or go play some shitty knock off RPG from square on the Xbox 360.

[quote name='DarthLGP']Thanks! I will try that. Sony's website frustrates the hell out of me! So unintuitive. I have to find my PSP first and dust it off. I was about to sell it, but this is a great reason to hang on to it![/QUOTE]
if you're trying to do it off the pc, you actually need the media go software to access the playstation store. you can't do it at the website anymore. after installing you just connect your psp to your pc.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_enu.asp

[quote name='naes']That extra few hundred megabytes won't cost $4/download. They're only doing it because they can.[/QUOTE]

So don't buy it.

I really cannot understand these people complaining about the extra $4 this game costs. Wouldn't you rather pay $10 for a true PS1 classic instead of $6 for some run-of-the-mill PS1 game? Considering FF7 has been out of print for at least 5 years and can only be bought for $50+, isn't $10 (and PSP playability) well worth it?

Btw, I'm pissed my MS Duo is only 1GB and I have to wait until a new 4GB one is shipped to me. I can't wait to play this on my PSP.

i dont understand how anyone can complain about this being 10$. its arguably the best video game ever and it takes around 50 hours to beat. there are tons of downloadable games out there that suck and have 1/10 of the game play time.

[quote name='nativetongue88']i dont understand how anyone can complain about this being 10$. its arguably the best video game ever and it takes around 50 hours to beat. there are tons of downloadable games out there that suck and have 1/10 of the game play time.[/QUOTE]

50 hrs? r u on drugs? It took me AT LEAST 70-80 hours to complete the game...and thats taking into account maybe HALF the sidequests..

The best part is that.. you can play it at home.. load it on your PSP with your save file..and play it on the go. To me, that is total win.

[quote name='animemaniac14']50 hrs? r u on drugs? It took me AT LEAST 70-80 hours to complete the game...and thats taking into account maybe HALF the sidequests..[/QUOTE]

If it took you 80 hours to beat the game w/o doing all the extras then you must have not used the "run" function, and walked the entire game lol. The game is long, but it isn't *that* long.

[quote name='animemaniac14']50 hrs? r u on drugs? It took me AT LEAST 70-80 hours to complete the game...and thats taking into account maybe HALF the sidequests..[/QUOTE]

I've beaten this game between 24-27 hours once. Without any sidequests and if you already know all the strategies and stuff, it doesn't take nearly that long. Even then it normally takes about 40-50 hours to beat on average. My longest save is only about 65 hours and that has everything completed on it.

This is the one FF I could never get into. I still have one of the original copies from '97 so maybe I'll give it another shot.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I've beaten this game between 24-27 hours once. Without any sidequests and if you already know all the strategies and stuff, it doesn't take nearly that long. Even then it normally takes about 40-50 hours to beat on average. My longest save is only about 65 hours and that has everything completed on it.[/QUOTE]

I watched a friend beat it in one 12-14 hour sitting once. It was impressive in a slightly sad way.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']I watched a friend beat it in one 12-14 hour sitting once. It was impressive in a slightly sad way.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is impressive. He must've set the text blazing fast and skipped every part of dialogue and beat it with as little as necessary. I didn't think that was possible.

This one is also mostly great.ya rally
home.gif
:)

[quote name='KarlMarx']How is this a deal?[/QUOTE] There are several posts in this thread already arguing why this is & is not a deal.

I am gonna take my time to beat it cause I got nothing to do this summer except aside from work. Next game I am getting is BlazBlue so I have a little less than a month to beat it.

is a deal for me, trading my crusty old black label copy for a bunch of points on Goozex then rebuying digitally for $10 = win. But if it was any of my other ps1 games, probably would just stick with keeping the physical copy and passing on the psn version, as they haven't retained their value the way FF7 has. $10 isn't bad if you don't already own the game, definitely worth it if you're into JRPGs and don't mind/secretly adore translations that are just a bit off.

And yeah I'm totally looking forward to playing on my PSP and PS3, I can level grind on the go and then actually play the game at home. Although just thinking about grinding exp and leveling up all that materia again makes me slightly ill..

I don't know why some of you guys are complaining. This game can easily sell for over 50 bucks on Ebay. Getting this game for 10 bucks is a steal.

Oh man... I could never beat Ultima Weapon without the mega elixir glitch... haha... I couldn't sit through the 50+ hours again though, amazing game for those who missed it

[quote name='KarlMarx']How is this a deal?[/QUOTE]
What's with all the Yoshis crapping on this thread? I'm starting to see a trend.

was genna hold out on this and just wait for MGS1, but then realized I was going to get it no matter what at some point so went ahead...

MGS1 is going to be more worth it to me though.

[quote name='simmias']What's with all the Yoshis crapping on this thread? I'm starting to see a trend.[/QUOTE]

Padding their post count it seems to me.

I'm confused why MGS1 is more worth it to people when it was recently included in MGS Essentials Collection.

[quote name='J7.']I'm confused why MGS1 is more worth it to people when it was recently included in MGS Essentials Collection.[/QUOTE]

I'm alone on this, but I'd love having a DD version as well as be able to play it on PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back