Final Fantasy XI Xbox 360 - $29.99 Best Buy - In Store Only

Damanthia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
This evening at the Schaumburg, IL Best Buy they had Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360 on sale for $29.99. Shelf tag said it was printed today, so it looks like a recent price drop.

Using the in store Best Buy website computers it showed the price as $29.99 to order it from the web. At home, it's still showing $49.99 for ordering via the web.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7294714&st=final+fantasy&type=product&id=1118841876912

Looks like it might be on clearance in-store only. If your store doesn't have it, you can try ordering it via the computers in-store for the discounted price.

YMMV and all that jazz.

My local one clearanced it out to $4.99.. an employee grabbed it.. got pissed that it had no trade-in value.. so he gave it to me. Free FFXI for me, yay :D Minus the monthly fees. I doubt i'll ever even play it.. it's just a collector's thing.

worth trying at this price?

Damn, that's crazy Scorch. Guess this game didn't sell shit (no surprises there.)

It really didn't. I'm glad I was able to grab one. I wanted to grab one in decent shape complete before it disappeared from the market (Like FFXI on PS2)

[quote name='Apossum']worth trying at this price?[/quote]

I would say it is still not worth it at that price espcially once you factor in monthly fees considering this game will be either one that really enjoy or really hate; probably more on the side of hating unless you are a hardcore MMORPG player.

Bascially to make it anywhere in FFXI you have to devote tons of time and effort, and if can't make that kind of commitment you will go nowwhere in the game. It can be mildly fun at first but from what I've seen only really hardcore level grinders stay with the game for long periods of time to reach the maximum levels. Plus from my experience FFXI doesn't have the greatest online community.

Basically if you consider yourself a hardcore MMORPG player (aka you enjoy level grinding) you might find this game fun, otherwise you will probably burn out on the game fairly quickly.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='icebeast']Plus from my experience FFXI doesn't have the greatest online community.

PeaceOut->
icebeast[/QUOTE]

I would say FFXI has one of the BEST online communities, at least it did back when I was playing. I thought it was alot of fun. And I'm no hardcore MMORPG fan--FFXI was/is the only one I've played.

So I'd say yeah, it's worth trying at that price. With the first month free, you'll know fairly quickly if you're in the love it or hate it camp!

Beware, it does have a fairly steep learning curve. However, it really doesn't become a timesink until later levels, if you decide to pursue it.

My .02

This isn't a clearance but a universal drop. There was an announcement within the FFXI login that it was now $29.99 for the 360 ver.

"FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360™ Now Only $29.99! (08/28/2006)

Square Enix is proud to announce that FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360 is now available for only $29.99! This complete package includes the award-winning original game plus all three expansion packs. Now it's easier than ever for new adventurers to experience Vana'diel with hi-definition graphics, 5.1 surround sound, and newly added Xbox 360 achievements!

See you soon in Vana'diel!"

[quote name='boyboy1080']will the ggc coupon work with this game? making it 25 dollars?[/QUOTE]

I do believe the GGC should work for this. $25 was still too much for me, so I didn't give it a shot.

Yeah, i loves FF series but FFIXI kinda suck cuz it does not have offline option instead only online game and it's expensive to play online game (cost ya $15 per month & mine time is limited).

Oh well, I may collect for whenever it drop down $15 or less (i may not play it) but still look forward FF XII :)

i got this for ps2 and never played past first month.. would be nice to get at a cheap price for 360 but again i wouldnt play for more than a month

[quote name='guyver2077']looks like eb has it for 29.99 too ..[/quote]

it does....where, still shows up $49.99 at GS and EB sites

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yeah, i loves FF series but FFIXI kinda suck cuz it does not have offline option instead only online game and it's expensive to play online game (cost ya $15 per month & mine time is limited).

Oh well, I may collect for whenever it drop down $15 or less (i may not play it) but still look forward FF XII :)[/QUOTE]

I think my brain just exploded. Your ignorance astounds me.

It's not that FFXI is good--it sucks my left nut--but don't shit all over MMOs unless you've played one that is actually worth your time (like WoW or GW). You'll realized that the subscription fee is worth it when you find a game that doesn't suck.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yeah, i loves FF series but FFIXI kinda suck cuz it does not have offline option instead only online game and it's expensive to play online game (cost ya $15 per month & mine time is limited).

Oh well, I may collect for whenever it drop down $15 or less (i may not play it) but still look forward FF XII :)[/QUOTE]

It's $12.95/month to play, and each additional character is $1 more. WoW is $15/month or less depending if you prepay for multiple months.

When people are not involved in the level grind they do missions (FFXI has a good story), quests, craft, farm, and help others. BTW my time is limited and I still play FFXI and good 2-3 days a week. I know people who only play 1-2 days a week and still have characters high then mine.

If you REALLY want FFXI offline, you'll love FFXII. Battle system is very similar to XI. My friend played the demo and hated XII with a passion after spending months on FFXI.

I played FFXI during the PS2 beta and it was great. I've been playing WoW for the past month, and I have to say that I enjoyed FFXI a little bit more. Maybe because it was free and we were the first group to explore the world...I dunno.

Is Guild Wars worth picking up? What does it compare to?

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']I played FFXI during the PS2 beta and it was great. I've been playing WoW for the past month, and I have to say that I enjoyed FFXI a little bit more. Maybe because it was free and we were the first group to explore the world...I dunno.

Is Guild Wars worth picking up? What does it compare to?[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed guild wars for the price. I paid 49.99 for the game and the fact that it has no monthly cost made me enjoy it more. It isn't anything like WoW, but if you don't want to pay the monthly fee, go with guild wars.

I really enjoy FFXI. Ive been playing for about 2 years now, and I dont think of myself as a "Hardcore" MMOer. Ive met a lot of wonderful people on the game and still go on it often to play and to meet new folks and the like. Its really a wonderful Online world.

I enjoy FFXI.
It's all about whether or not you have friends in the game.
I had it for Ps2 and while I played it on and off, I'd eventually stop. Then I'd get the urge to play again, play for a month and stop again.

Now on the 360, I was prodded by a co-worker to pick it up and play with him. We've been playing for about 3 months now and have gotten 4 other co-workers playing as well (Leviathan server, if anybody else is on).

If any CAGs pick it up and want a world pass to the Leviathan server, let me know!

bread's done
Back