Final Fantasy XII Art Collection $.01 at BB

phantomer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
it was free when you purchased the game when it came out, and stayed for $15 by itself for a while until now. $.01 right now.

it's a mini-artbook, inside a dvd-case. no dvd or CD. size of the game manual. 32~ pages. real basic artworks/CGs/etc.

Thanks for the effort of info but this is already old. Check the penny guide topic. Its already been advertised many times.

While I'm a regular in the penny guide thread, I'm sure many on here are not, and as such missed this tidbit. Thanks OP for making this topic, so more people can be aware of the killer deal (killer becuase it's a penny, not because it's really anything special, as the bonus is kinda a let down).

[quote name='skullivan']Much appreciated. That penny-guide thread is all but useless IMO so I very rarely check it out.[/quote]

Say that to the hundreds of guides i've gotten. Even if you cant get any its a great way to see who got extras you can get for cheap. Paying $2-3 for guides from fellow CAG's is a damn good deal.

I stumbled across this deal by accident last week, before I read about it in the guide thread. I was somewhat disappointed when I opened the case & saw there was no dvd - but then, you can't really argue for .01. ;)

I saw one at Best Buy yesterday, but didn't know it was only $.01. I probably would've still passed it up, since the checkout line is usually super long. I was looking for the PS2 FFXI expansions.

[quote name='whoknows']I hardly ever look at the penny guide thread, so thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
Me too. I never look at the penny thread mainly because I NEVER find any stores with the penny guides. So thanks OP for letting me know about this. Will check BB soon.

Add one to the never checking the penny guide thread. Mainly because I don't see the point in guides. Why waste book shelf space when I can go to gamefaqs? I guess it's all about collectibility, and collecting things for a penny isn't a bad investment I suppose.

662248906225.jpg

[quote name='Kendro']Holy crap I'm heading to BB tomorrow. Is this in the PS2 section or the guide section?[/QUOTE]

They've actually been moved in my store to the PC section for some reason, and last year they had them in the dvd section. So basically, they could be anywhere in the store. ;)

Does anyone have a link to search and see if this is available at our local BB, like using a google cached page?

All out at Bestbuy - Pasadena, CA on foothill. Looked all over and even asked a worker. He wasn't familiar with the item at all. About 3 weeks ago, I saw at least 10 left. They're all gone now.

I tried using google to find a cached page for this to check store availablitly but couldn't find any cached pages, maybe this item was never available online?

If your best buy has any Lost planet pre-orders, WWE calenders, Gears of war t-shirts, Scarface Posters, full auto faceplates, call of duty faceplates or pokemon trainer guide presells left, they should all be reduced to a penny as well. They should ring up as a penny, whether or not it's labeled as such. In fact, we were told from corporate to just give them away to customers that are buying something.

Do they keep all that other stuff behind the counter or in the back or what? I don't think I've ever seen any LP toys sitting out.

I wonder when the WoW maps will be $0.01? Oh, well.

I got 2 today. One for me to open and one to keep sealed. There were 4 in all and I didn't want to be an ass and take them all.

Gonna head out tomorrow when I pick up FFVI Advance. I hope the person at the register doesn't give me a weird look about picking up 10 of these for 10 cents (to hook up others of course).

Edit - Just to rephrase, I don't know if they actually have them, but I'll keep an eye out for them when I go tomorrow.

I probably shouldn't, but I'll point out again that I have 15 of these left for trade and would go 1-for-1 for guides I want. If anyone has any of the other penny swag like the LP toy, 360 faceplates, or Pokemon trainer guide, I'd be happy to trade for any of those as well.

i just drove 5 mile in 10 degree and 10 minutes to my local bestbuy and pick up 6 of these. and i want to tell you. these final fantasy xii art collection are not even worth 1 cent. it is just like the booklet you would get in a actual game.

[quote name='nicz888']i just drove 5 mile in 10 degree and 10 minutes to my local bestbuy and pick up 6 of these. and i want to tell you. these final fantasy xii art collection are not even worth 1 cent. it is just like the booklet you would get in a actual game.[/QUOTE]
Good thing I was going to BB anyways today. I dont care if its not that good, hell for 1 penny I would buy almost anything.

Hehe good deal I asked one of the workers there they didn't really know what it was i'll probably see if they still have it.

The pokemon trainer guide is this anything good? Just basic stuff nothing neat?

I was able to score the last copy today. Props to the OP and to whoever was kind enough to leave one. That being said, the promo is not very good. You know in the movie Twins where Arnold got all the muscle and brains and all the leftover crap went to Danny Devito? This promo = Danny Devito while the artbook in the CE Guide = Arnold. So don't feel bad if you couldn't get one. I'd say its worth $1 but I can't complain. My FFXII set feels complete with the CE game, CE Guide, and this promo. Thanks OP!

[quote name='fairtrade']I probably shouldn't, but I'll point out again that I have 15 of these left for trade and would go 1-for-1 for guides I want. If anyone has any of the other penny swag like the LP toy, 360 faceplates, or Pokemon trainer guide, I'd be happy to trade for any of those as well.[/QUOTE]

what's the LP toy? i thought only EB/GS had the LP suit of armor pre-order (and BB had the art cell I think)...

[quote name='Kendro']I was able to score the last copy today. Props to the OP and to whoever was kind enough to leave one. That being said, the promo is not very good. You know in the movie Twins where Arnold got all the muscle and brains and all the leftover crap went to Danny Devito? This promo = Danny Devito while the artbook in the CE Guide = Arnold. So don't feel bad if you couldn't get one. I'd say its worth $1 but I can't complain. My FFXII set feels complete with the CE game, CE Guide, and this promo. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
haha, good analogy, and I agree.

Well, I could be wrong, not sure if BB got the same pre-order bonus that EBGS did. EBGS had a little action figure of the main robot from the game. I don't know if BB did the same promo.

[quote name='ryanlk']what's the LP toy? i thought only EB/GS had the LP suit of armor pre-order (and BB had the art cell I think)...[/quote]

[quote name='shiningslade']I have some to trade as well. Mainly looking for some older guides.[/QUOTE]

What guides are you looking for?

For anyone interested the Pokemon promo guide that got pennied out (which was mentioned earlier in this thread) was actually the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescuer's Guide. It's a little 5" x 5" book with foil / embossing on the cover.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']What guides are you looking for?[/quote]
Mostly guides for PS1/Dreamcast right now but will consider other PS2 guides that I do not have yet. Star Ocean 3 being one of them.:bomb: I have so many guides from these last drops (BB/GS/EB) but not a 1 SO3.

[quote name='addicted2games']Me too. I never look at the penny thread mainly because I NEVER find any stores with the penny guides. So thanks OP for letting me know about this. Will check BB soon.[/quote]

I have to agree--I never find penny guides, either.

bread's done
Back