Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition Preorder

psincubus

CAGiversary!
Gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

EBGames:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

Tentative Release Date: 10/31/2006

If this is anything like the MGS 3: Subsistence LE get your orders in now.

Details:

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition for the PS2 is a Gamestop/EB Games EXCLUSIVE title!

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition will be packaged in a steel case and includes a Collector's DVD with the following contents:

* Developer's Interviews
* History of Final Fantasy featurettes
* Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
* Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
* Final Fantasy Art Gallery

Edit: Thanks to Shrike for the free shipping codes:

EBGames use SAVER
Gamestop use FREESHIPALL

You may need to follow eb's or gamestop's link on the home page of cheapassgamer to get the codes to work.

The big question is whether or not this is some lame-o case like the RE4 GCN one that GS had, or if it's an official SE made package in a case in the same vein as the RE4 Premium PS2 packaging was. I'm betting the former although I sincerely wish it was the latter.

I am thinking it's going to be lame a la Resident Evil 4, but if it is truly limited quantities like Subsistence was, then it should be worth it.

If anyone remembers the MGS 3 LE fiasco online, remember that EB / GS online didn't fulfill all their orders, so its FAR safer to preorder in store.

thanks. I'll definitely get this, though i am getting tired of paying more for special edition sets.

[quote name='nevposey']thanks. I'll definitely get this, though i am getting tired of paying more for special edition sets.[/quote]

It's to be expected, though, to be forced to pay extra for additional things.

Isnt XII considered one of the worst FF games? I never played it. I'll probably get this and drop it on ebay the same week it comes out for $150.

[quote name='Puffa469']Isnt XII considered one of the worst FF games? I never played it. I'll probably get this and drop it on ebay the same week it comes out for $150.[/quote]

You are thinking of X-2 this is a brand new one called XII or 12.

[quote name='Puffa469']Isnt XII considered one of the worst FF games? I never played it. I'll probably get this and drop it on ebay the same week it comes out for $150.[/QUOTE]

famitsu gave it a perfect score, take that how you will.

[quote name='aaandrewww']You are thinking of X-2 this is a brand new one called XII or 12.[/quote]

yeah I was, whoops! I was thinking, why the hell would they rerelease that? lol

If its Gamestop/Ebgames exclusive then they have to fulfill all the preorders, cause its there own special edition product. The MGS3 Limited Edition was out of Gamestop/Ebgames hands, so it was Konami who didn't make enough copies for everyone. In any case, just to be safe, order it in the store.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone remembers the MGS 3 LE fiasco online, remember that EB / GS online didn't fulfill all their orders, so its FAR safer to preorder in store.[/QUOTE]EBgames orders all shipped.

it's jus that way too many ppl ordered from gamestop instead

jus so they can use freeshipall,

gamestop got too many orders hence they couldnt fulfill them all.

at least dat's what I think happened, coz EB worked like a charm for me

It's a very different kind of Final Fantasy, which is probably why you see so many condemningly negative opinions. It's a polarizing change, to say the least.

For what it's worth, the game scored a perfect 40/40 in Famitsu -- only 6 games have ever scored perfectly in the magazine's history.

[quote name='kilatofu']If its Gamestop/Ebgames exclusive then they have to fulfill all the preorders, cause its there own special edition product. The MGS3 Limited Edition was out of Gamestop/Ebgames hands, so it was Konami who didn't make enough copies for everyone. In any case, just to be safe, order it in the store.[/QUOTE]

What? GS / EB isn't publishing this, SquareEnix is, it's just exclusive to GS / EB. I'd imagine SE gives EB / GS a rough number on how many they are making so they know how many preorders to fulfill, and when that number is reached you won't be able to preorder, very similar to how MGS 3 LE worked.

I believe the MGS 3 LE problem was distrubution, as in stores that preordered 10 copies only got 5, while stores that preordered 2 copies received 10 (at least that's how it worked around here).

One can also argue that the MGS 3 LE was GS / EB exclusive as well, since the only other store that got in copies was Gamecrazy, and GS / EB out number them by the thousand.

We'll see how "rare" this will become if EB / GS stop preorders before October 31st.

[quote name='Roufuss']What? GS / EB isn't publishing this, SquareEnix is, it's just exclusive to GS / EB. I'd imagine SE gives EB / GS a rough number on how many they are making so they know how many preorders to fulfill, and when that number is reached you won't be able to preorder, very similar to how MGS 3 LE worked.

I believe the MGS 3 LE problem was distrubution, as in stores that preordered 10 copies only got 5, while stores that preordered 2 copies received 10 (at least that's how it worked around here).

One can also argue that the MGS 3 LE was GS / EB exclusive as well, since the only other store that got in copies was Gamecrazy, and GS / EB out number them by the thousand.

We'll see how "rare" this will become if EB / GS stop preorders before October 31st.[/QUOTE]

he thinks this edition might be like RE4 collector's edition for GC, which was packaged by GS with GS logo on top of the case.

Just ordered it with the SAVER code. Thanks OP.

I would think that ordering online is actually a better way to guarantee a copy than doing it in-store, as long as you don't wait until the last second. I've been burned in-store so many times (my pre-order being sold to a walk-in customer, etc.) that the only way eb/gamestop gets my money these days is online.

Really pissed EB online doesn't take giftcards, as I won't even be in the same state that I'll be preordering in when the game comes out. RARWRAWR.

the way this is being lauded the minute it's announced makes me think it won't be limited at all.

I preordered online today, and I'll go instore in the next few days and put some money down in-store so I have both bases covered. I got the MGS3 LE but I remember all the horror stories.

[quote name='gunm']I wish SE NA would offer up some FFXII goodies like they did in Japan:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3821

Man, I'm tempted to pick up an FF Logitech controller and Sp. Ed. memory card w/holder...wish I could stack coupons from Play-Asia...[/quote]

I have the FFXII memory card, and it is SWEET. The case is awesome, and it comes with 2 sheets of 4 memory card stickers each, and the case holds 2 cards. Totally worth the $40 or so.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']
I have the FFXII memory card, and it is SWEET. The case is awesome, and it comes with 2 sheets of 4 memory card stickers each, and the case holds 2 cards. Totally worth the $40 or so.[/quote]

Cool, I'm sold.

[quote name='phantomer']he thinks this edition might be like RE4 collector's edition for GC, which was packaged by GS with GS logo on top of the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeap! Thats what I meant...hehe

If you pre-order online do you have to pay the full price? What about if you pre-order B&M? (I've never done a pre-order before).

Thanks

[quote name='Apossum']the way this is being lauded the minute it's announced makes me think it won't be limited at all.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's looking like the Halo 2 limited edition. With less stuff.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']I preordered online today, and I'll go instore in the next few days and put some money down in-store so I have both bases covered. I got the MGS3 LE but I remember all the horror stories.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan. My problem is I am moving to Pennsylvania between now and the release. But my sister is staying behind so I will make her pick it up for me if the online thing falls through.

I also got a MGS3 LE but I did not pre-order. I drove 45 minutes into PA from DE to the only gamestop in a 50 mile radius that had one. I got there, and it was a floor copy.... why the hell would someone open something for a floor copy that they only got one copy of?!?! But I bought it anyway, $42 versus $100 on ebay.

Anyways, point being, I don't feel like making the same mistake twice!

[quote name='Wlogan31']If you pre-order online do you have to pay the full price? What about if you pre-order B&M? (I've never done a pre-order before).

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Online: your card isn't charged until its ship.

In Store: minimum of $5 down to reserve. Also, if you decide not to pick it up, just ask for you $5 back, or put it towards another pre-order.

edit: sorry for the double post!

I ordered one today B&M. Not taking chances with the online thing. My store does really well with preorders and I've not been screwed yet. They said I was only the second person who ordered the SE and they called all the people who had preorders on the books for the standard game.

I wasn't going to do it, but then I started talking about MGS LE, how much of a pain it was and then I just started reaching for the wallet. Better safe than sorry.

TBW

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone remembers the MGS 3 LE fiasco online, remember that EB / GS online didn't fulfill all their orders, so its FAR safer to preorder in store.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Depends on the store I guess, and how early you can get to yours on the day of release. The store that I bought mine from didn't hold their copies for people that pre-ordered them and just sold them first come, first serve. I never did get my Saga disc from them. =(

The main thing that I learned from the whole MGS3: LE fiasco is that if I really want one, I better pre-order from multiple places just to make sure I get one.

[quote name='shadylane']does that japanese memory card work on the us? i might get one for 40[/QUOTE]

Yes, all Japanese memory cards work with our systems.

I skipped on this US LE pre-order, but ended up biting the bullet on the import memory card and Logicool controller. Argh, I need more self-control. :(

[quote name='rabbitt']Yep. It's looking like the Halo 2 limited edition. With less stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'd be skeptical on that front considering this is the first dip in U.S. waters of Square giving us an LE. I sincerely doubt they'll overproduce the first time around, just imagine them pulling a FFVI and FFVII with the SNES and that's what I think will happen will this.

That simply doesn't look like it's worth an extra $10. I didn't get the MGS3 LE despite pre-ordering from gamestop.com over a month in advance, and I haven't pre-ordered anything from them since.

I highly dont reccomend the freeship codes unless you are desperate.. its Value Mail.. 5-10 business day mail with no tracking..

[quote name='PezRadar']I highly dont reccomend the freeship codes unless you are desperate.. its Value Mail.. 5-10 business day mail with no tracking..[/quote]

So far, I've only had positive experience with GS and EB value shipping options (knock on wood). In the past, particularly for pre-orders and systems, they've even upgraded the carrier/method at no extra charge.

I haven't really had bad experiences with the free shipping deals except one. I ordered 007 everything for nothing and it took a whole month and a half to arrive. That was the worst but i hope they don't pull this crap with me on this order. I need my FF!!!

Thanks OP! I just ordered one from Gamestop.com and will also order one B&M to cover both bases. It took me a long time to find the MGS3 LE as I never preordered it and was just lucky to see one in the store one day. Not gonna let that happen again.

Someone who works at the Gamestop home office (he's reliable) on another board is saying that most/all stores will actually be doing a MIDNIGHT release of this game in-store, a la Halo 2. This heavily implies that there will not be a LE shortage, or at least nothing like MGS3. I still plan on preordering in-store, then a week or so before launch if I know they'll be doing a midnight release at my local Gamestop I'll just cancel my online order and save the money on shipping.

[quote name='PezRadar']I highly dont reccomend the freeship codes unless you are desperate.. its Value Mail.. 5-10 business day mail with no tracking..[/QUOTE]

Every preorder I have placed with gamestop.com (about 5) and value shipping has always shipped 3 day ground via UPS with tracking instead of value. When using FREESHIPALL with games in stock, they send via USPS with no tracking.

Of course now that I said this it will no longer ship 3 day! haha

bread's done
Back