Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition Preorder

psincubus

CAGiversary!
Gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

EBGames:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

Tentative Release Date: 10/31/2006

If this is anything like the MGS 3: Subsistence LE get your orders in now.

Details:

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition for the PS2 is a Gamestop/EB Games EXCLUSIVE title!

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition will be packaged in a steel case and includes a Collector's DVD with the following contents:

* Developer's Interviews
* History of Final Fantasy featurettes
* Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
* Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
* Final Fantasy Art Gallery

Edit: Thanks to Shrike for the free shipping codes:

EBGames use SAVER
Gamestop use FREESHIPALL

You may need to follow eb's or gamestop's link on the home page of cheapassgamer to get the codes to work.

I just asked the clerk to see if there's any way to find out which cover it was and he said "sure"! So after that, he pulled out a box cutter and just slit the top enough to spread the guide/artbook enough to see who's on the cover. The first one was the guy with the huge scar and the second one was Ashe. I took the Ashe one.

I just called my EB and asked if they could give me the 20% off if I bring in my receipt from my online order.

"No. Only on the day of release."

Is he just giving me sh**? Cause I know other people have successfully done this.

It hasn't been a good customer service week for me.....

[quote name='b3b0p']Got mine yesterday. Looks like it was stepped on. Last time I preorder online from Gamestop/EB I think.[/QUOTE]

Just return it in store.

So I'm at the ruins at the end of the desert where you fight that bird boss, and this game is really pissing me off. First of all whos bright idea was it to not put any save points in the desert? yeah, they ask you if you want to save right before the boss fight, but after that you're SOL and can't save again. I just spent like an hour grinding so the boss wouldn't massacre me again, except he did just that, and all that time spent was completely wasted because I couldn't save. It just don't make sense to not put a save point there. I'd take a point off the final score just for stupid crap like that. Bad game design.

[quote name='SlaughterX']So I'm at the ruins at the end of the desert where you fight that bird boss, and this game is really pissing me off. First of all whos bright idea was it to not put any save points in the desert? yeah, they ask you if you want to save right before the boss fight, but after that you're SOL and can't save again. I just spent like an hour grinding so the boss wouldn't massacre me again, except he did just that, and all that time spent was completely wasted because I couldn't save. It just don't make sense to not put a save point there. I'd take a point off the final score just for stupid crap like that. Bad game design.[/QUOTE]

If you head to the north east section of the desert, you can get a seedling that weakens the boss. I didn't know about it until after I kicked his ass. Some boss.

One thing that helps is to get the Quickenings as soon as possible. When you get certain characters added to your party late in the game, they come with tons of LP. I believe Basch starts with Axe and Hammers 1, which is 3 spots away from a quickening. Quickening chains are surprisingly powerful early in the game if you can chain it enough.

As robbart914 said though, you can get a berry that knocks off a chunk of that subboss's life. You have to go to the top right most section of the map in the Nam Yensa Sandsea and talk to the moogle. Do what he says and you'll get the berry.

Well I am about to give it another wack in a min. Since I'm on my little streak of complaining about the game right now, I guess there's no better time to mention that this game really should have came with a slip case. When I first got it the paint on the bottom corners was kind of wearing off, and now a little more has came off the right side. All the Xbox games that came with metal cases (Halo 2, Doom 3, and SC Chaos Theory) all came with slip cases, and the paint on them doesn't look like it would come off as easily as with the FFXII case. Anyway I'm just gonna box it up and hope no more of the paint rubs off, maybe I'll be able to score another case from GS, sicne they're going to have to do somethign with all those extra display cases...

Take into consideration the X-box games with slip covers were official collector's editions.

The FFXII CE is like the RE4 CE, both from GameStop and no slip cover's so keep it in a good spot :/

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask but, "What do EB/GS stores do with the card board cut out/stand up after awhile?!" I'm asking because I want the FF XII one and was curious.

I waltzed into my local EBgames on Saturday to buy a copy of FF12; all they had left were Limited Editions! (And they had about 20 or so of them!) The manager told me that they were only shipped enough non-limiteds to fulfill pre-orders!!! No offense to those who bought the "limited" edition, but I'm too cheap to shell out an extra $10. So I setled for purchasing at FYE (which pained me to do so.)

[quote name='Sku Rhim']I waltzed into my local EBgames on Saturday to buy a copy of FF12; all they had left were Limited Editions! (And they had about 20 or so of them!) The manager told me that they were only shipped enough non-limiteds to fulfill pre-orders!!! No offense to those who bought the "limited" edition, but I'm too cheap to shell out an extra $10. So I setled for purchasing at FYE (which pained me to do so.)[/QUOTE]

Could have gotten it or 38 at Circuit City last week.

Actually they are collector editions, not "limited" editions. It doesnt seem they limited the production run of these that much. From the Gamestops I went to, they all had more collector editions than regular ones. It only seems like a limited edition if you consider the millions of regular copies sold at other stores. Then this collector edition is kinda limited. But if you have a GS/EB nearby, you shouldnt have had trouble getting the collector edition even if you didnt preorder it.

[quote name='Drahken']Could have gotten it or 38 at Circuit City last week.[/QUOTE]

Yes I could have but:

A. I hate CC so much, that I refuse to shop there.

B. I'm too lazy to price match (if CC wasn't on the complete opposite side of town from my BB, I might have jumped on it.)

I'm glad I picked up the LE guide at GS and was able to hand pick the Ashe version out. Consider it's only available from EB/GS, I don't think you can get a better discount than 20% off with game purchase.

Most of these guides are fetching more than the $29.99 list price on eBay. The Ashe version was sold as much as $60. What's up with that? The buyers are mostly from the U.S. and I still saw many copies at the EB/GS last weekend. It's crazy!

The Kingdom Hearts II LE guide was never exclusive to EB/GS, wasn't it?

Yeah, yeah, a bit late with this, but... got the Collectors/Limited/Whatever edition yesterday (it arrived last week, but we were out of town). It was dented, but was replaced at a GameStop, no problem (the new copy has a couple chips in the paint by the edges, but I can live with those :p Though I like my stuff in good condition, I bought it more for the extras than as a collectible).

Yeah. I made it a point not to preorder this particular tin CE online since they would most likely ship it in a padded envelope.

I was late picking up my preorder at a GS store last weekend. The nice clerk allowed me to hand pick a good one from the dozen CE's that he had in store. I was also able to hand pick a Ash cover version of the LE guide. That's a good customer service in my book.

In contrast, the nearby EB was a pain in the neck to deal with.

Yeah. I made it a point not to preorder this particular tin CE online since they would most likely ship it in a padded envelope.

I was late picking up my preorder at a GS store last weekend. The nice clerk allowed me to hand pick a good one from the dozen CE's that he had in store. I was also able to hand pick a Ash cover version of the LE guide. That's a good customer service in my book.

In contrast, the nearby EB was a pain in the neck to deal with. No courtesy at all.

=/ amazon finally canceled my order of the special edition guide after however many months.... guess I'll hit up an EB or gstop to see if they have any more guides left.

[quote name='dauvin']=/ amazon finally canceled my order of the special edition guide after however many months.... guess I'll hit up an EB or gstop to see if they have any more guides left.[/QUOTE]

all of the ebgames/gamestop near me have a gazillion copies (at least 15 on the sales floor and probably more in the back).

[quote name='cecilvaliant']is there any way to figure out which LE guide has what cover? i wanna find a ashe one =[[/quote]

While in the plastic, push the art book down and the guide upwards. See if there is a red/pink splotch on the left hand side. This matches the picture of Ashe in the back if you're confused.

[quote name='eau']I'm glad I picked up the LE guide at GS and was able to hand pick the Ashe version out. Consider it's only available from EB/GS, I don't think you can get a better discount than 20% off with game purchase.

Most of these guides are fetching more than the $29.99 list price on eBay. The Ashe version was sold as much as $60. What's up with that? The buyers are mostly from the U.S. and I still saw many copies at the EB/GS last weekend. It's crazy!

The Kingdom Hearts II LE guide was never exclusive to EB/GS, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]

I could have gotten it for 35% off :D

Stackable employie discount ftw!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I could have gotten it for 35% off :D

Stackable employie discount ftw![/quote]
Good for you. The real meat is the leftover preorder bonus gifts ;)

bread's done
Back