Final Fantasy XIII-2 (or XIV) PreOrder + free DLC $59.99 w/$10 Amazon credit.

acehindo

CAG Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coltin']It's incredibly lame that the special edition doesn't come with the credit[/QUOTE]

Yup, same with Mass Effect 3. The standard edition is the only one that includes $10.

I don't think Amazon has ever given credit with SE/CE etc.

So I'm not surprised. I would preoder but I need to play through some of my backlog before I think about buying new games

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I don't think Amazon has ever given credit with SE/CE etc.

So I'm not surprised. I would preoder but I need to play through some of my backlog before I think about buying new games[/QUOTE]

They have a few times.

[quote name='Sizu']They have a few times.[/QUOTE]
Hmm I didn't know that. Unfortunately I've never bought one that did.

Thats excluding SEs like BF3 or DS2

I love FF games, but even I'm on the fence about wanting to pay so much with my backlog. I'm not used to FF CEs so I have no idea if those will stick around long enough to get cheaper.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']$50, not $49.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate how people do that. It only proves that people really *are* dumb enough to consider stuff cheaper when it's 99 cents instead of rounded to the dollar.

Its a decent deal with the credit. But, an extra boss + extra party member for pre-ordering the game through Amazon? I think I will cancel my pre-order all-together. If they aren't going to give all the content to everyone who buys the game new, why should I support this company?

[quote name='mkaliaz']Its a decent deal with the credit. But, an extra boss + extra party member for pre-ordering the game through Amazon? I think I will cancel my pre-order all-together. If they aren't going to give all the content to everyone who buys the game new, why should I support this company?[/QUOTE]

Because you feel like playing Final Fantasy XIII-2? And it's not like preorder DLC is some new thing - it's been common for 2 years now.

Ugh, I hate it when people don't understand deals. The game is still 59.99. The 10 dollar promo credit comes after it ships, so you don't save a dime on the purchase price unless you had previous promo credit to use on it. It's not like getting it for $50 at all.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Ugh, I hate it when people don't understand deals. The game is still 59.99. The 10 dollar promo credit comes after it ships, so you don't save a dime on the purchase price unless you had previous promo credit to use on it. It's not like getting it for $50 at all.[/QUOTE]
Many of us here consider Amazon credit to basically be the same thing as money.

If you order enough from Amazon like alot do, its really the same thing. If you don't order all the time its not but if you constantly order its close enough

[quote name='GUNNM']you're still out $60 though[/QUOTE]

Until your next purchase at Amazon, which will be $10 off. So yes, for frequent customers of Amazon, credit is almost equivalent to money.

[quote name='GUNNM']you're still out $60 though[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know that. But if you order often then you don't even notice a difference in the long run. It equates to the same if you order enough

[quote name='vamn']Anyone know if the Omega DLC is going to be preorder exclusive?[/QUOTE]

No it will come out eventually.

[quote name='nnthomas']No it will come out eventually.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. I'd hate to have to preorder this.

Meanwhile, I did a little poking around... and apparently it's free in Japan right now. Not sure if it's a limited time thing. But hopefully, it'll be like the preorder DLC for Lost Odyssey and it'll work with the US version of game, too.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Many of us here consider Amazon credit to basically be the same thing as money.

If you order enough from Amazon like alot do, its really the same thing. If you don't order all the time its not but if you constantly order its close enough[/QUOTE]

Except that is wrong and dumb. The OP should be fixed.

[quote name='vamn']I hope you're right. I'd hate to have to preorder this.

Meanwhile, I did a little poking around... and apparently it's free in Japan right now. Not sure if it's a limited time thing. But hopefully, it'll be like the preorder DLC for Lost Odyssey and it'll work with the US version of game, too.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you download the DLC from the JP XBL if it will work on the NA XBL similar to the way the Lost Odyssey DLC was. Gamestop had preorder DLC for it but you could download it for free from the JP XBL site.

title is very misleading as is the OP. this deal is beter than the TRU one for those who do not have to pay tax (and shipping is free). also doubt anyone cares about FF IV atm

Soooo...isn't this what the Amazon credit thread is already for? And yes the title is misleading, I had already preordered awhile ago but had to double check amazon thinking they tried to match TRU price or something

Not to be a bitch but the title is just plain wrong. Getting $10 off a future game purchase is no way near the same thing as getting FFXIII-2 for $49.99.

Also why bother having a Amazon Credit thread if people are just gonna post individual threads every time.

Unfortunately I'm getting this through Best Buy, since they have the only exclusive physical pre-order bonus. At least I can grab the game at 10:00 a.m though =]

I got through 13 but didn't like it much. I expect I'll get this when it hits $20 in 6 months. If this one reviews badly as well then I will wait till black Friday and get it for (hopefully) $10. I have enough backlog that I can wait no problem. $50 is IMO too much when games drop in price so fast. I at least wait till they are $20 minimum because most games get there really fast then sort of plateau at that price for a long time.

[quote name='Antipodes']Where was all the crying when CheapyD did it two days ago?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312782[/QUOTE]

He just said "Syndicate w/ $20 Credit". He didn't actually give the price of the game, just the fact that there is $20 Credit associated with buying it. This thread however states that it's $50 after $10 Amazon credit, which while true in a way isn't exactly correct. It should say something along the lines of:

"Final Fantasy XIII-2 Amazon Pre-Order Bonus: $10 Credit & Free DLC "

They also improperly named it XIV when XIV already exists whether or not anybody wants to admit it and you're paying $60 unless you already had credit built up on Amazon from past game purchases as you can't use credit from a pre-order on that specific pre-order you're getting it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']He just said "Syndicate w/ $20 Credit". He didn't actually give the price of the game, just the fact that there is $20 Credit associated with buying it. This thread however states that it's $50 after $10 Amazon credit, which while true in a way isn't exactly correct. It should say something along the lines of:

"Final Fantasy XIII-2 Amazon Pre-Order Bonus: $10 Credit & Free DLC "

They also improperly named it XIV when XIV already exists whether or not anybody wants to admit it and you're paying $60 unless you already had credit built up on Amazon from past game purchases as you can't use credit from a pre-order on that specific pre-order you're getting it from.[/QUOTE]

He didn't improperly list 14. It has the same deal and is linked in the OP.

[quote name='Blaster man']He didn't improperly list 14. It has the same deal and is linked in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't looked at the OP since before the edit, so I suppose that makes more sense.

I just read on joystiq that there will be a demo dropping next week. Great chance for people on the fence to try it first (myself included)

[quote name='Coltin']It's incredibly lame that the special edition doesn't come with the credit[/QUOTE]

Indescribably lame. I'd preorder the CE if it came with that. As it is I'm going to wait and see.

Any idea if the CE will be an actual limited edition (with an actual limited number produced)?

[quote name='morrodox']Indescribably lame. I'd preorder the CE if it came with that. As it is I'm going to wait and see.

Any idea if the CE will be an actual limited edition (with an actual limited number produced)?[/QUOTE]

I think Square said it'll actually be limited in number, but that's what most publishers say. So I guess the best thing to do would be to wait and see

[quote name='Draekon']He just said "Syndicate w/ $20 Credit". He didn't actually give the price of the game, just the fact that there is $20 Credit associated with buying it.
[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the "there is a mega-thread for it already" complaints.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Dam I read the title wrong lol. I thought it was $49 with the $10 credit and I got super happy. Oh Well :([/QUOTE]

Same

I have this preordered at Gamestop and Amazon. I plan to keep the Amazon version, but I'm hoping Gamestop gives the dlc code on the receipt. I know this is cheating, but we're all allowed to cheat every now and then. Its been so long since I've preordered at Gamestop. Anyone have any idea if they do dlc on receipt, in the box, voucher, or what?

bread's done
Back