Final Fantasy XIII 49.99 Shipped at Toy's R US with coupon (10 dollars off 50 plus)

My bad. >.< didnt see it..

Also appears you get another 20 dollars off towards another game though. not too shabby. but my bad.

Let this topic purge >.>

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU! My Amazon pre-oder didn't go through and I finally got around to ordering my copy today. Nice to know I at least saved some cash in the process.

wait so u could get brutal legend free with any of the games 39.99+ according to the buy 1 get 1 $20 off? tempted for that and force unleashed sith edition....

[quote name='zachtheax']wait so u could get brutal legend free with any of the games 39.99+ according to the buy 1 get 1 $20 off? tempted for that and force unleashed sith edition....[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I didn't check the Brutal Legend price, but the promotion only applies for "games priced $39.99 and up for Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3", meaning you would need to buy one qualifying $39.99+ game, and then choose another $39.99+ game to apply the $20 credit to.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']For some reason when I add Brutal Legends to my cart it turns to $0...[/QUOTE]

Weird. Either the promotion is poorly worded, I'm misunderstanding it, OR it's just a bug. Might as well give it a try before they fix it, if it's worth whatever "risk" might go along with it.

Yea I'm going through with it. Problem is there isn't free shipping on brutal legend so it's an additional $3.

But so far this is the best deal on FF13 I've seen:

FF13 + brutal legend for 52.97(tax not included)

*edit... with my awful CA tax the total comes to $57.59

Very nice deal getting Brutal Legend for free. Even if it is a crappy game, free is free. Good price on FFXIII too.

In my cart, I have Final Fantasy 13 and Brutal Legend for $52.97. I think it's worth a shot. I'll see if it lets me order.

Edit: here's the promotion they're running.

Buy 1 Get $20 off all games priced $39.99 and up.

Ends March 13

yes. It went through but I don't think it's a bug.

I think it has to do with how Brutal Legends is priced at $59.99 but marked down to $19.99. I guess TRU's system takes the original value in regards to the $20 discount.

Awesome. So, to anyone who owns or has played it, is Brutal Legend really worth my hard-earned $3.00? Keep in mind, I could get 3 delicious chicken sangwiches from BK...

This deal works out well. $57.xx for the two games and I could probably ebay off brutal legend for about $15 to reduce the price of FFXIII even more.

ah... odd.

it seem to have to be for the same console?

I wanted the 360 version FF XIII for collection purposes (and ps3 brutal legend) and it won't would be $80 for both, remove the 360 version and added ps3 version and it is like everyone else at $52.

sigh... do I want Brutal Legend on 360?

edit: hmmm, even both for 360 doesn't take the discount.

[quote name='wasabi5858']hmmm, doesn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

Me either...

Tried again with FFXIII :ps3: and Brutal Legend :360: and it worked and the same goes for BL :ps3: but when FF XIII is changed to :360: it just hates existence.

yeah, within these 2 games, only ps3+ps3 works, any other combo doesn't work for me.

edit:

yeah, try Final Fantasy XIII + Bayonetta. Seems like the problem is that only the PS3 version of FF XIII is marked elgible for the $20 discount and the 360 version is not. Maybe the PS3 version is a mistake since in the product page, it is not noted as an offer. (360 bayonetta + brutal legend also work... so yeah, looks like the issue is with the 360 FF XIII)

That kinda sucks. I would love to get XIII :ps3: for the potential use of save file goodness when FF versus XIII is released if they decide to try doing something with it all... Getting it for the :360: would be cool though especially at this price.

How is Brutal Legend? Anyone tried that out yet?

Worked for me thanks !! Brutal Legend ranked 8.5 out of 10 on Gamespot ... Final Fantasy XIII ranked 8.5 out of 10 on Gamespot also ... I hope both these games are that good? :)
I picked up Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and Brutal Legend 360 no problem. Total $54.51

i bought brutal legend when it came out

it has great design, great animation, voice acting, interesting story

gameplay is hit or miss.. it has some open world driving around/killing things, but also has a pretty large RTS aspect as well (esp. in later half of game).. which wasn't my favorite, but may be enjoyable for some

i think it's clearly worth 3 bucks.

[quote name='ajwho']Got FFXIII for PS3 and Brutal Legend for Xbox 360. Thanks OP! Best deal for FFXIII I've found.[/QUOTE]
Yep, same here, was kind of hesitant at first, but when I thought about it, it's like $30 for FFXIII and $20 for BL. Might even consider flipping both of em ;)

But yeah def. best FFXIII deal so far, and cheapest considering you don't have to rely on credit/gift cards n stuff.
Been a good month for me, Yakuza 3 for $19, Heavy Rain for $36 and now FFXIII and BL for $55.

Both games for PS3 are currently in stock. The thread title should be updated to highlight such an awesome deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for the deal. Had to get one of the game on a different system, no big deal though! I just switch it for the right system when it gets here.

@ SkyMasterson: Same thing happened to me but the PS3 FFXIII is back in stock as of now. I jumped on it and I'd advise you to do the same before OOS again.

I guess I should have ordered FF XIII for the :ps3: and Brutal Legend on the :360: last night. Does TRU let you return/exchange items in the store that you got online? If so, I could have easily dealt with getting that version of XIII and exchanging for the :360:

Brand new post.. I ended up calling about the FF XIII :360: not showing up with the rest as a B1 G1 $20 off thing and they gave me some "$20 appeasement" so somehow or another I ended up ordering FF XIII :360:, NSMBW :wii: and Brutal Legend :360: and getting it all for 103.57 (including shipping and tax) Good deal? Sounds like it to me. I am almost more excited for NSMBW than XIII. Almost.

My order, placed last night, with "Standard Shipping" already shipped even though it syas that it could take 3 days to prepare and however many more to arrive... I am estimating that given where it is coming from and that UPS doesn't deliver anything on the weekend I will get it by Wednesday or earlier. I hope it is earlier as I am expecting Pokemon (from Amazon) by Wednesday at the latest. Busy week for gaming, etc.

bread's done
Back