Final Fantasy XIII 7 dollars off + Free Ground shipping- Exp 4/22 11AM

spincut

CAGiversary!
Gamespot has some odd deal of the day going on where they give 7 bucks off FFXIII and free shipping.

Considering price drops on FF games seems to be rare, I figured this is actually not half bad. Gets it to your doorstep for less than Amazon anyway, which is saying something considering it's Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/thedeal

[quote name='ninja dog']horrible game[/QUOTE]

Good post padding...

Also, good thing this thread is about the deal and not the game itself amirite? You discuss the deal, not your 2 word opinion.

Thanks OP for the heads up though, I'm still unsure if I will purchase this now.

i actually really enjoyed it. The combat system was a breath of fresh air, as opposed to how slow it was in past games. People complain about linearity but honestly, to be quite frank, try playing the game without the map hub on... makes a WORLD of a difference; literally.

[quote name='CD6405']Good post padding...

Also, good thing this thread is about the deal and not the game itself amirite? You discuss the deal, not your 2 word opinion.

Thanks OP for the heads up though, I'm still unsure if I will purchase this now.[/QUOTE]

did I hit a soft spot?

people who haven't bought it by now are on the fence.

and I'm pushing them off.

horrible game.

[quote name='ninja dog']did I hit a soft spot?

horrible game.[/QUOTE]

what's the point of trying to force your opinion onto others? let them find out for themselves. just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it'll be universally hated

I think what some people are saying Ninja dog, is that you should have said "I think" it was a horrible game.

on top of that, this is about the DEAL, not to discuss the game, it is kind of annoying for the first post to be something so non-contributive.

Que another on the great game opinion. 100%'d it and sent it on it's way like I do with all the games I buy. :)

It's a good deal now that the $10 game credit is no longer offered on amazon.

Looks like the $7 off is instant without a coupon (if you use COCOON it will give you free shipping too), so instead you can stack this discount with 15NEW and SAVER. $45.04 plus tax. Not bad.

Aww darn, they're just treating it like a price drop on the new version, I was hoping it was a code that could be used for the used version. If so it would have only been $30 (if stacked with CAG and EDGE). Oh well.

Seeing as how everyone is talking about the game has anyone tried it on both consoles and is one more polished then the other? I'm going to get it but figured if its incredibly laggy on one but not the other I'd get it for that console sort of thing.

Not sure if the price drop is due to the coupon code, or because I saw about 5 copies used in the PS3 section and 3 in the 360.

Still would rather get this once it hits the $25 mark. Thanks for the info, though, OP.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Seeing as how everyone is talking about the game has anyone tried it on both consoles and is one more polished then the other? I'm going to get it but figured if its incredibly laggy on one but not the other I'd get it for that console sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

360 runs at like 576p and the cg cutscenes were heavily compressed, and not very well either. It has a harder time keeping the framerate at 30 in most circumstances. If you have a ps3 and graphical/framerate concerns are you priority, that's the version to get hands down.

[quote name='ninja dog']horrible game[/QUOTE]

The CGI looks incredible (as always in every FF game), but I got the same impression as you from what I've seen of the gameplay.

A Greatest Hits price of $29.99 is what I'm holding out for, and not a penny more.

[quote name='Vortextk']You'd pay 30 for what you think is a horrible game? Or is it all hyperbole and horrible means 7/10? Heh[/QUOTE]

Horrible was his words, not mine. And besides, as we both know, perception and reality are two different things. I'm just saying I won't pay more than $30 for a game that I'm either going to like in the first couple of hours (story), or will treat it like White Knight Chronicles and wish I'd never played it to begin with.

Games like these have "rental" written all over them. You almost have to give them a test run to see what you think.

PA had a great comic on this, talking about a 20 hour tutorial.

By most accounts tho, the game IS good. Just takes way too long to get going. Joystiq and Giantbomb both pretty much said the same thing. Once you get past the initial slowness and linearity. the game opens up quite nicely. I would leave it up to the individual to decide if they want to slog through 15-20 hours of game to get to the good 20 hours.

People's opinions seem pretty polarized on this one. Initial reactions were really bad, but after listening to people who've spent some time with the game, I have to admit my interest is piqued. Still, with the amount of quality titles being released all the time now it's hard to imagine this game making up for so much initial dredge AND still come out being amazing.

-

Exactly. some people will make it past that first long stretch, others won't. I quit around 14 hours. But it is Final Fantasy, so when I can pick it up on the cheap and have more time, I'll definitely beat it.

There's just no reason why it needs to take so damn long to get going. Any game that does that is rightfully called "horrible." If a movie sucked for an hour and a half and was good for the last 10 minutes, it wouldn't be an awesome movie.

For what's its worth I just started playing this game and I'm about 5-6 hours in and haven't had any issues like most have with linearity. It may get worse but at this point I am really enjoying the game. At this point I'm not sure what everyone's complaints were but I think they were just expecting something from the game that is is not rather than appreciating what it is.

Just a quick disclaimer so you know where I am coming from: I have not played a FF game since IX. I've enjoyed JRPGs in the past but don't play them often and I'm often frustrated by their tropes and cliches. The last one I played was Lost Odyssey. I am more of a Western style Bethesda, Bioware, and Obsidian gamer. I found the idea of linearity in this game refreshing after accumulating so many hours in Oblivion, Fallout, etc. However, I do also enjoy anime so I can tolerate a few annoying voices and cliches. Overall, I've always looked at JRPGs as interactive Anime in many ways. The idea of a more streamlined experience without as many choices/options was very appealing to me.

[quote name='ninja dog']
There's just no reason why it needs to take so damn long to get going. Any game that does that is rightfully called "horrible." If a movie sucked for an hour and a half and was good for the last 10 minutes, it wouldn't be an awesome movie.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Please see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099785/

I think people often get confused on when game is poorly made, and when game simply isn't for them. Just because I hate GTA games and find no enjoyment in them doesn't mean I'm going to shit on a thread when I know perfectly well that GTA4 is a well made piece of software.

If you don't like linear, simplified RPGs with melodramatic dialogue and then you buy it and proceed to complain about those things, you simply don't know how to research your games.

Whether you get a good deal or not, being a CAG you can save infinitely more money by simply not spending anything on shit you don't need.

So no, FFXIII did not "suck" for the first portion, it was actually really well done -- but it is a love it or hate it type of game design. Even then, I'm surprised people looking for a more open experience would even purchase an FF title, as they are all pretty simplified as far as RPGs go.

I like Final Fantasy games, so I bought it. FFX was linear too, but I managed to enjoy it a lot.

lol

what next, someone's going to tell me MGS4 was good?

[quote name='ninja dog']I like Final Fantasy games, so I bought it. FFX was linear too, but I managed to enjoy it a lot.

lol

what next, someone's going to tell me MGS4 was good?[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

[quote name='ninja dog']did I hit a soft spot?

horrible game.[/QUOTE]

Or, people who haven't bought it at full msrp or $5off are CAGs, and are just waiting for it to be cheaper.

bread's done
Back