Final Fantasy XIII Date announced, $56.99 at Amazon.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Yeah there's no way they're gonna have the PS3 version at 1080p and the 360 at 720p, so you're safe either way I guess.

Not that the game can even run at 1080p without taking performance hits. Square has commented before that the whatever resolution they use, it'd be a pretty rock solid FPS since they didn't want the game to suffer because of bumping up the res.[/QUOTE]

The cutscenes are 1080p. The game also supports 1080.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Games that run natively at 720p but SUPPORT 1080i/p can be forced to display in those resolutions if you go into the PS3 display settings and UNCHECK 720p.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about this and I just tested it with Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 looked incredibly pixelated like it was an upconversion of the 480P not the 720P. I went from the auto display setting to just checking 480P and 1080P and Uncharted 2 looked like crap with that option. I tested it back and forth four times and even called my wife in and asked her if she noticed anything and she confirmed that using the 480P and 1080P options gave a much inferior picture.
I tested this on a Samsung LN46A650 LCD and a non-BC 80GB fat PS3

Yeah, I would think it would always be better to let the game run on its native resolution on the console, and let the television worry about upscaling if necessary.

The PS3's built-in upscaler is crappy. That's one reason it can't upscale games to 1080i. As everyone says, let the HDTV do it for you if necessary.

[quote name='spoo']You miss-understood me. The Xbox 360 upconverts 720P to 1080P and the PS3 doesn't. The PS3 has the sound advantage for the users with lossless receivers and the 360 has the advantage of upconverting 720P for 1080P users. It is the strength and weakness of both systems. So if FFXIII ends up being @720P naive the 360 has the advantage of the upconversion for 1080P users. That is why I will most likely buy it for 360 if it is a 720P title.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... I find it hilariously ironic that you typoed native as "naive" because that is exactly what you sound like here. Way to drink the 360 upconvert koolaid!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Hahaha... I find it hilariously ironic that you typoed native as "naive" because that is exactly what you sound like here. Way to drink the 360 upconvert koolaid![/QUOTE]

He's right and you're full of crap, so I guess we can thank you for some hilarity too.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Hahaha... I find it hilariously ironic that you typoed native as "naive" because that is exactly what you sound like here. Way to drink the 360 upconvert koolaid![/QUOTE]

I'm not here to start any flame wars. As a PS3 and 360 owner that is a Final Fantasy fan I'm trying to figure out what version will suit me better. Sure I was naive about the PS3's upscaling capabilities but now that I tested the PS3's upscaling capabilities I want some more Kool-Aid.

I've never tested the 360's upscaling capabilities on this TV (I did test 720P vs. 1080i on my old TV when I first got my 360 and I couldn't notice any difference besides my TV had an ever so short delay because of my TV doing the upconverting to 1080i.) Should I test it on my new TV with 720P games? Or am I being naive thinking that you may know something about the Xbox 360's upscaling capabilities that I seem to be missing?
You will need to accuse me of any typos. I have the flu and I'm all hopped-up on cold and cough syrup.
I did some research and it seems that the Japanesse PS3 release is going to have 1080P videos and 720P gameplay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the 360 can do duel resolutions like that. This will come down to a close decision for me on what version to get come March.

anyone tried watching a dvd on an hdtv using both a non-upconverting dvd player and a upconverting dvd player?

I beg you will see the different.

Ahem,
They haven't shown footage of the 360 version since E3. It's all been of the PS3 version with the icons changed, even the American trailers

[quote name='spoo']II did some research and it seems that the Japanesse PS3 release is going to have 1080P videos and 720P gameplay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the 360 can do duel resolutions like that. This will come down to a close decision for me on what version to get come March.[/QUOTE]

I doubt an xbox would have any problem running the 1080p video or switching between, but what it will have a problem with is space. I'm no fact giver, and I don't know what's set in stone here so please correct me if I'm wrong(without flaming!), but the last time I did look into this stuff, it was stated the 360 may have a lot of ingame cutscenes rather than pre-rendered, due to space issues.

Now, where I kind of drew a blank is, what does this exactly mean? Obviously a lot of CG scenes are only doable IN cg, super action, camera sweeping shots have to stay that way, that just seems like a given. So I really wasn't sure what this meant, unless they were talking more about regular cutscenes, that look like they're engine driven but infact are 1080p premade on the ps3.

No need to make any unnecessary assumptions to sate the fanboy inside guys. Let's just wait until the reviews pop up.

I hope there's a special edition with decent cover art. Everyone knows that the measure of a good game is its sound and packaging, the former is a guarantee for a Final Fantasy game and usually the latter, but this one is just miserable.

[quote name='hpv']I hope there's a special edition with decent cover art. Everyone knows that the measure of a good game is its sound and packaging, the former is a guarantee for a Final Fantasy game and usually the latter, but this one is just miserable.[/QUOTE]

I love the cover art. Since I want the SE of this assuming one happens, I'm almost afraid of not getting this cover. I hope you don't think you're speaking for everyone on this matter.

[quote name='Vortextk']I doubt an xbox would have any problem running the 1080p video or switching between, but what it will have a problem with is space. I'm no fact giver, and I don't know what's set in stone here so please correct me if I'm wrong(without flaming!), but the last time I did look into this stuff, it was stated the 360 may have a lot of ingame cutscenes rather than pre-rendered, due to space issues.

Now, where I kind of drew a blank is, what does this exactly mean? Obviously a lot of CG scenes are only doable IN cg, super action, camera sweeping shots have to stay that way, that just seems like a given. So I really wasn't sure what this meant, unless they were talking more about regular cutscenes, that look like they're engine driven but infact are 1080p premade on the ps3.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version and the PS3 version will be exactly the same. Given the flame wars both companies are aware of, and that MS probably paid to have this game on the 360, I sincerely doubt there will be any differences b/t the two beyond the 360 version being multiple discs.

From all my visits to fan boards, it sounds like Square is even making adjustments (or if you're a PS3 fanboy, I suppose the proper term is 'down-grading') to ensure the two versions in NA are the same.

I still think I'm leaning towards the 360 version but that's only b/c I've picked up several cheap 360 games ... like I said there's something rebellious a/b getting the 360 version; still, since we have a big flatscreen, I figure we'll get a PS3 eventually ... that may just mean I hold off on buying FF13 for a while longer (FF games always drop in price pretty heavily after a while and I'm in no hurry).

[quote name='romeogbs19']The 360 version and the PS3 version will be exactly the same. Given the flame wars both companies are aware of, and that MS probably paid to have this game on the 360, I sincerely doubt there will be any differences b/t the two beyond the 360 version being multiple discs[/QUOTE]

Eh, we'll see. I mean, I don't care, I have both pre-ordered on amazon and I'll pick which I get down the line.

[quote name='spoo']I didn't know about this and I just tested it with Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 looked incredibly pixelated like it was an upconversion of the 480P not the 720P. I went from the auto display setting to just checking 480P and 1080P and Uncharted 2 looked like crap with that option. I tested it back and forth four times and even called my wife in and asked her if she noticed anything and she confirmed that using the 480P and 1080P options gave a much inferior picture.
I tested this on a Samsung LN46A650 LCD and a non-BC 80GB fat PS3
[/QUOTE]

The 360's built-in upscaler is better than the PS3's. It's definitely the case that some games when forcing 1080p on the PS3 look worse while others look better.

Let your TV do the upscaling :)

I'd love to but there's no way in hell I can afford it.

I'll be getting the game on whatever system will piss the most people off. Right now that seems to be 360 but time will tell. If you're defining you life by how much longer you have to wait for FF13, you are exactly who I want to infuriate.

Originally I planned on getting the game for my Xbox so I could reduce wear and tear on my only Blu Ray player (PS3). After reading an interview a while back, I'm leaning towards buying on the PS3 now. Evidently the 360 is not going to have as many pre-rendered cut scenes.

[quote name='utstick']I am hesitant to pre-order from Amazon given their post-release deals recently...[/QUOTE]

well said. I mean.. L4D2 cut me deep hahah

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']so 360 version has less content and it will be same price?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version has the same content. The review I read even said there was no discernible difference in the graphics, gameplay, etc. The only difference is that some of the cut scenes that are pre-rendered on the PS3 are done through the in-game engine for the 360. Think Mass Effect.

Another good example is Tales of Vesperia. That's one of the best JRPG's out so far. It's really long, has tons of dialogue, and tons of locations. It's awesome. It is however only one single disk. They have very few pre-rendered cut scenes. Most of what they have is either done in game or through a skit.

You could also think of Infinite Undiscovery. They have tons of in-game scenes that are pre-rendered.

[quote name='typical guy']The 360 version has the same content. The review I read even said there was no discernible difference in the graphics, gameplay, etc. The only difference is that some of the cut scenes that are pre-rendered on the PS3 are done through the in-game engine for the 360. Think Mass Effect.[/QUOTE]
I really don't think that's going to be the case. It would be way less work to just use a lower resolution and/or more video compression on the CGI scenes, than to re-render them from scratch inside the game engine. It is going to be ~3 discs on Xbox, remember, it's not like they have no room for CGI video.

Given the PS3's recent upswing in the United States with the price cuts and the launch of the slim, I wonder if Square Enix is regretting going ahead with the 360 port. I mean, as far as I can tell, the whole point of the port was to tap into the larger userbase that the 360 had in the US. Granted, it still is larger but the gap has closed considerably (I think, I gots no numbers here).

[quote name='typical guy']The 360 version has the same content. The review I read even said there was no discernible difference in the graphics, gameplay, etc. The only difference is that some of the cut scenes that are pre-rendered on the PS3 are done through the in-game engine for the 360. Think Mass Effect.

Another good example is Tales of Vesperia. That's one of the best JRPG's out so far. It's really long, has tons of dialogue, and tons of locations. It's awesome. It is however only one single disk. They have very few pre-rendered cut scenes. Most of what they have is either done in game or through a skit.

You could also think of Infinite Undiscovery. They have tons of in-game scenes that are pre-rendered.[/QUOTE]

There's a generation worth of difference between ToV's graphics and FFXIII's though. It's not trying to do stylized cel art which is why it was so "small."

[quote name='Halo05']Given the PS3's recent upswing in the United States with the price cuts and the launch of the slim, I wonder if Square Enix is regretting going ahead with the 360 port. I mean, as far as I can tell, the whole point of the port was to tap into the larger userbase that the 360 had in the US. Granted, it still is larger but the gap has closed considerably (I think, I gots no numbers here).[/QUOTE]

Considering Microsoft probably paid handsomely to get it, and it will still sell plenty of copies on the 360, I doubt they regret it too much. I'd imagine it will be a profitable venture for them in the end.

If there's a nice enough collectors edition I'll probably get it for both systems, knowing I'll play both eventually.

I really want the white PS3 console bundle, but has there been any word about it actually getting a US release? Or are we stuck importing?

[quote name='bvharris']I really want the white PS3 console bundle, but has there been any word about it actually getting a US release? Or are we stuck importing?[/QUOTE]
Ha, I almost hope it doesn't, because then I might have to buy a new console and I know that the wife would not approve. ;)

Candidly, I just don't think a console with a pink stencil of a woman on it is going to fly in North America. Maybe if it got some kind of redesign or recoloration.

Since there's a 360 version, I highly doubt there will be a LE console in the US.

But then again, I get the feeling Square's trying to peg FFXIII as a 360 exclusive in NA/EU instead of multiplatform (PS3 lead SKU) the way they've been acting since they announced it. But that makes me wonder why they haven't shown 360 footage since E3. It's all been PS3 footage.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Candidly, I just don't think a console with a pink stencil of a woman on it is going to fly in North America. Maybe if it got some kind of redesign or recoloration.[/QUOTE]

It might not fly in the general North American audience, but among those people actually likely to buy it (Final Fantasy fans) I've never heard anyone say anything about it except how awesome it looks. That said, I doubt there's a market for it here like there is in Japan, which is why it probably won't come here.

[quote name='KingBroly']Since there's a 360 version, I highly doubt there will be a LE console in the US.

But then again, I get the feeling Square's trying to peg FFXIII as a 360 exclusive in NA/EU instead of multiplatform (PS3 lead SKU) the way they've been acting since they announced it. But that makes me wonder why they haven't shown 360 footage since E3. It's all been PS3 footage.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they think that most people just assume it will be a PS3 exclusive since every mainline Final Fantasy since 7 has been. This is the first FF game to appear on a Microsoft console, so its no wonder they'd feel they need to promote it more.

I'd like to hear about the inevitable collector's edition. Then I can decide whether I want to buy both versions and leave the collector's edition sealed, or buy two collector's editions, or try to buy it for both consoles...

This game is making me stupid. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'd like to hear about the inevitable collector's edition. Then I can decide whether I want to buy both versions and leave the collector's edition sealed, or buy two collector's editions, or try to buy it for both consoles...

This game is making me stupid. :)[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. My plan is to buy CE for both consoles (assuming they're nice, which I hope they will be) to leave sealed, and then a regular edition copy of whichever I want to play first. I'd then pick up the other on the cheap down the line.

Oh, and I'd buy the console if it came out here too, though I probably wouldn't import it.

CE is fine, but if they announce retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses, I'm gonna murder someone.

I am big enough of a market for them to bring the console over. Yup.

[quote name='bvharris']This is the first FF game to appear on a Microsoft console[/QUOTE]

final_fantasy_xi.jpg

;)

[quote name='bvharris']Maybe they think that most people just assume it will be a PS3 exclusive since every mainline Final Fantasy since 7 has been. [/QUOTE]

That was his previous sentence, and I don't really consider FFXI to my mainline, so technically it's still correct :)

[quote name='Halo05']Given the PS3's recent upswing in the United States with the price cuts and the launch of the slim, I wonder if Square Enix is regretting going ahead with the 360 port. I mean, as far as I can tell, the whole point of the port was to tap into the larger userbase that the 360 had in the US. Granted, it still is larger but the gap has closed considerably (I think, I gots no numbers here).[/QUOTE]

The 360 still has almost twice the user base of the PS3 in America....

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The 360 still has almost twice the user base of the PS3 in America....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely doubt they're regretting that decision. Thinking about how many more sales you can get when you release a game multi-platform makes you look at exclusives and say, "Why?"

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']is anyone gonna preorder the ff13 slim system?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']

I really want the white PS3 console bundle, but has there been any word about it actually getting a US release? Or are we stuck importing?[/QUOTE]

I actually did bite the bullet and preordered on eBay, assuming that the US is not going to bring this awesome looking system over. The US always gets the short end of the stick regarding limited edition systems, I don't see this being any different and this system is beautiful.

NCSX has already sold out at $529 (not including shipping) and I got tired of waiting for Play-Asia since it's 11 days till release and they still haven't put up pre-orders, basically meaning they're only gonna put it up once they know for sure how many they have. Judging by their unsureness, I don't think it'll be cheap.

eBay has 5 right now for $690, but with Bing 15% off it's $103.5 off, plus you get $13.80 in eBay bucks, bringing it down to $572.70. It's free EMS shipping too, normally for something that heavy it's 6100 yen, about $70 (as of this post) so you're really getting the system for about $500...flip the game if you want, they're selling on eBay for about $90. If you look at it that way, I guess it's not too bad for importing a system (yes, I'm trying to justify my empty wallet) :cry:

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The 360 still has almost twice the user base of the PS3 in America....[/QUOTE]

Exactly. While I'm happy to see PS3 sales on the up-and-up, fanboys and gamers who think the PS3 is suddenly past all its troubles are really misreading the situation. I'm not a 360 fanboy (don't even have it) but I've been in this industry long enough to know whatever alleged turnaround Sony has seen is far from being a solid indicator that it's going to somehow turn the tide this generation. Even most of my developer friends think Sony at this point is more concerned with trying to salvage its PlayStation brand for the next go-around than trying to catch up to either MS or Nintendo.

First of all, forget Japan. Sure, the 360 has all but failed there -- but that's neither here nor there. Japanese developers still matter but MS never legitimately thought the 360 would ever win over there (they're not stupid, the original XBOX was a disaster and it's not as if they have homebase presence like Nintendo to leap from last to first in one generation). Everything MS has done is really all for "street cred." (and yes, companies like MS will burn money for street cred -- don't believe me? Just look at the first Xbox's profit margins -- or, lack thereof). Sure, MS is paying dearly to get exclusives (Ace Combat, Tales, Star Ocean, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Ninety Nine Nights) but MS is looking towards its brand ... XBOX may never succeed in Japan but that it's there at all does several things (1) it reminds Japanese developers that MS is here to stay, (2) exclusives slowly build brand association, and (3) it helps MS build research/data for the next system. As much as the 360 remains US-centric, MS has certainly made design changes to better cater the system to buyers in the East.

So what am I getting at? The PS3 is solid console, to be sure, but this generation has not been very kind to the PS brand. No matter how one cuts it, Sony has taken major blows to the head. Not only has the less-powerful, arguably less-functional Wii taken #1, but even Microsoft has formidably given Sony a run for second. Let's be honest, even MS couldn't have expected Sony to goof up as badly as it did.

The goof-ups have been severe. Whatever exclusives Sony has left need to get the console to #2 and there's a lot of doubt whether any Uncharted, Killzone, Ratchet or White Knight can get it there. There will be games like Heavy Rain, but mass appeal titles like GTA are now cross-platform for good. Even if Sony were to somehow eliminate the penetration gap in NA (which is really doubtful), no self-respecting publisher is going to keep a game exclusive to the PS3 w/o demanding Sony pony up cash for it. As big a co. as Sony is, it's not the type to go around throwing cash around for exclusives. It tried that with Heavenly Sword and -- well -- that turned out okay -- but just okay, at best. And given Sony's pockets are hurting, it's likely the co. would rather throw R&D to its first-party makers. And furthermore, outside of Japanese publishers and a few outliers, who else is really going to give exclusivity anyways without big paychecks? Answer, probably no one. Even Capcom, Konami, and Namco-Bandai are pretty much done with console exclusivity. Had the PS3 gotten things right, I doubt we would have seen DMC or Tekken on 360. In the current state, the vast majority of publishers would be losing out on too much to keep games exclusive.

And say what you want, but I am a firm believer that the blu-ray choice by Sony pretty much is what killed it out of the gate. And while it's playing to be an advantage for disc space, techies know the 1x speed of the PS3 really pokes some major holes into the advantage. While 360 runs off old-tech DVD, the much faster read-speeds make a difference. It's also helping MS cut costs and make profits, not to mention helping publishers make more money. There's a reason why 360 games generally drop in prices faster; some of that is because they're on DVDs, which are frankly pennies to reproduce compared to the costs tied to the still-growing blu-ray format.

Sure, Sony announced it will be "profiting" soon, but they're so far in the red, it'll take a lot of green before they pull themselves out. Of course, the same can be said for MS due to its flagrant idiocy in designing the first chipset, which has cost it billions in warranty repairs.

All in all, what I'm saying is people who think PS3 is somehow back from the dead need to think again. Yes, it's doing better, but there's still nothing on the PS3 that's going to justify it as THE definitive console of choice vs. the 360. And looking ahead, Sony doesn't have any particularly major killer-app that's going to change people's minds.

As I've often said, had MS not blown it with the RROD (a problem that appears to be mostly resolved by the Jasper units), it probably would have walked away this generation (I of course say that in the context of PS3 and 360, we all know the Wii has walked away with most everything this go-around). Even if the problem is mostly resolved, people's conversations of the 360 don't go too long without at least one casual mentioning of it.

I'm sure PS3 numbers will edge up over the next year, but games like FF13 and any other major title from a large publishers are going multi-platform.

It's nothing to cry about. It's all good for the gamer. Sure, there will be exclusives, and you can debate which system has better ones. The point is that the PS3 probably doesn't have anything (yes, even counting GOW3), that'll help it overtake the 360 any time soon.

Again, this isn't meant to bash the PS3. I just wanted to rant a little to say Sony is far from being in the clear. In the end, Sony's mistakes are a blessing for gamers -- who would have thought we'd see the likes of DMC, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, the next Metal Gear, and soon, Final Fantasy on an XBOX console? And who would have thought MS would be able to get many of those without paying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there's a 360 version, I highly doubt there will be a LE console in the US.

But then again, I get the feeling Square's trying to peg FFXIII as a 360 exclusive in NA/EU instead of multiplatform (PS3 lead SKU) the way they've been acting since they announced it. But that makes me wonder why they haven't shown 360 footage since E3. It's all been PS3 footage.

Resident Evil 5 says Hi!

I'm not even sure I'm looking forward to FF13 anyway. They just aren't near as good as they used to be, FF12 sucked (runs and hides).

[quote name='jason506']I'm not even sure I'm looking forward to FF13 anyway. They just aren't near as good as they used to be, FF12 sucked (runs and hides).[/QUOTE]

I'm with you man. I absolutely hated 12. The story imo was horrible.

[quote name='jason506']I'm not even sure I'm looking forward to FF13 anyway. They just aren't near as good as they used to be, FF12 sucked (runs and hides).[/QUOTE]

Since when do you start basing FF games on previous titles? "They" aren't nearly as good as they used to be? You're only referring to FFXII, since X is considered by a lot of people to be the 2nd best entry in the series after FFVII.

The development teams for FFXII and FFXIII are completely different, if you're going into this thinking it's going to be similar in any regard, you're ignorant.

At least read what other people have said about the game before voicing an uninformed opinion, yeah?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']That was his previous sentence, and I don't really consider FFXI to my mainline, so technically it's still correct :)[/QUOTE]

This. Obviously I'm aware of XI, I just don't consider it part of the main series. I've always been curious why they don't just release the MMOs as off-shoot titles, its not like they don't do that for every other sub-genre. And this is from someone who played XI for a while. I guess they think if they bill it as part of the main series it might sell better.

This is always a weird argument for me to hear. Of course they're not as good as they used to be. Final Fantasy IV and VI are among the best RPGs ever made, and VII was plenty revolutionary in its own right. Still, every single main FF game since has a metacritic score of above 90, and even if you think opinions are bolstered by the name, that isn't ALL of the reason. Main series FF games are still among the industry leaders in quality in pretty much every respect, there's a reason its such a big deal. Claiming otherwise has always seemed like its driven by some other predisposition to not liking them.

[quote name='bvharris']This. Obviously I'm aware of XI, I just don't consider it part of the main series. I've always been curious why they don't just release the MMOs as off-shoot titles, its not like they don't do that for every other sub-genre. And this is from someone who played XI for a while. I guess they think if they bill it as part of the main series it might sell better.[/QUOTE]
I always kind of wished they would release an offline, single-player version of FF11. The monthly fee MMO thing is just not for me, but I hate to miss out on an entire Final Fantasy story.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Since when do you start basing FF games on previous titles? "They" aren't nearly as good as they used to be? You're only referring to FFXII, since X is considered by a lot of people to be the 2nd best entry in the series after FFVII.

The development teams for FFXII and FFXIII are completely different, if you're going into this thinking it's going to be similar in any regard, you're ignorant.

At least read what other people have said about the game before voicing an uninformed opinion, yeah?[/QUOTE]
When I said they I meant square, even though they may be different teams working on the games, it used to be if square made a game it was going to be good. Now they have so many bad games out there. In my opinion their last great game was FF 10 and kingdom hearts (FFX-2 was pretty good but not amazing though). I am not uninformed as I've played nearly every game they've every made and there quality just isn't as good as it used to be. Also for the record I will buy this game to try it out, I'm not going to judge it without playing it. I'm just not as excited as I once would have been.

Well when they can't break even on their AAA titles, they sort of have to release some crap to try and recoup that investment they made. Just don't buy the garbage. Don't need to be excite, but at least it'll be something new unlike most iterations on an existing IP.

[quote name='jason506']When I said they I meant square, even though they may be different teams working on the games, it used to be if square made a game it was going to be good. Now they have so many bad games out there. In my opinion their last great game was FF 10 and kingdom hearts (FFX-2 was pretty good but not amazing though). I am not uninformed as I've played nearly every game they've every made and there quality just isn't as good as it used to be. Also for the record I will buy this game to try it out, I'm not going to judge it without playing it. I'm just not as excited as I once would have been.[/QUOTE]

Reading the description of FFXIII, it sounds like it is more like FFX than anything. I don't think you will be disappointed.

One of the best things I've heard of about the new game is that you encounter enemies Chrono Trigger style: you see the enemy on the map, when you engage it that's when the battle starts. An integrated battle sequence + no random battles = win. I mean, I'm fine with the random battle aspect of RPG's, but there are so many of those that flood the market as it is. It is nice to see something different once in awhile.

I totally agree with your opinion that square hasn't made anything great lately (except FFXII imo, I've already said that a couple times in this thread). But Final Fantasy games have almost always been good, and I doubt this will be any different.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I always kind of wished they would release an offline, single-player version of FF11. The monthly fee MMO thing is just not for me, but I hate to miss out on an entire Final Fantasy story.[/QUOTE]

Me too brother.

bread's done
Back