Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']surprisingly there aren't that many if any deals for this game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, or very secretive. Best Buy's AD is still not released yet...

And, who knows about Toys R Us, Wal-mart, Kmart?

No ONE knew about Target until yesterday!

[quote name='wrencrest']If you take off from work to play a game, you may have an addiction problem. That being said, addiction to video games is a lot better than being addicted to crack...[/QUOTE]

I work 40+ hours, man... A [paid] break is more than welcome! :D

[quote name='wrencrest']If you take off from work to play a game, you may have an addiction problem.[/QUOTE]

Or you have a bunch of vacation days that need spending.

I had people schedule days off for MW2 but, so far, no one's told me that they intend to take off for FFXIII. I *would* if I had the luxury, but I need to save my time off.

[quote name='spoo']Does anyone know if GameStop is doing a midnight launch?[/QUOTE]

Probably, they usually do for big releases. I'd call them and ask.

I just wonder Midnight Best Buy any of them giving away FREE stuff?

Like a FREE FFXIII T-shirt would be Awesome!!!

[quote name='SuperJedi']I work 40+ hours, man... A [paid] break is more than welcome! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wasurenai']Or you have a bunch of vacation days that need spending.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bitzer']I had people schedule days off for MW2 but, so far, no one's told me that they intend to take off for FFXIII. I *would* if I had the luxury, but I need to save my time off.[/QUOTE]
You guys take me too seriously. I would love to have a day off to just game. But the wife would then expect some chores to get done and possibly be jealous/angry that I took a day off to not be with her and the kid. Which is why I usually only take random days to go play golf with the guys. Seems she is cool with that. I guess she thinks I might actually get a promotion since I play with the higher ups around here...

[quote name='wrencrest']If you take off from work to play a game, you may have an addiction problem. That being said, addiction to video games is a lot better than being addicted to crack...[/QUOTE]

so says you.

Had to cancel my order. I figure I should completely burn out playing the games I have now before getting a new one.

Even if the gameplay videos look great...

I know my gamestop in Oswego, IL is doing a midnight release. With all that racked up credit from the 50 percent promotion i couldnt resist getting ff.

Getting it from Amazon with the $10 credit that I'm not even sure what I will put it on lol. Certainly can't wait for this game :)

So, when do games shipping with Release Date Delivery usually end up being marked to be shipped (to where I can't cancel the order anymore)?

Mine still says Not Yet Shipped, so I was thinking it'd be "marked" for shipping tomorrow.

[quote name='plutoknight']So, when do games shipping with Release Date Delivery usually end up being marked to be shipped (to where I can't cancel the order anymore)?

Mine still says Not Yet Shipped, so I was thinking it'd be "marked" for shipping tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They will charge you on Monday.

no price changes today *cries* but it looks like the new release games were being sold earlier in the week so i missed out on the games i wanted (New Super Marios Brothers).

Hey guys QUICK question , If I preorder from Bestbuy.com do they charge my card right away or not until the item ships . Because I have a giftcard and it would only be $37 :)

thanks in advance

I'm really surprised that this hasn't at least gone back down to $56.99. I'm crossing my fingers that Walmart has a good deal and they price match it before the release date.

[quote name='genfuyung']Apparently the 360 version is indeed quite a bit worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off[/QUOTE]

Didn't the author get the fact that if you install all three discs that you don't have to do any disc swaps wrong?

Also I wanted to know about gameplay issues, screen rips, v-sync and loading times instead of the hair on the PS3 version looking slightly better.

%3E

2cdizpg.gif

It is hard to call that 'quite a bit worse' after watching the comparison videos. I think I will still keep my 360 pre-order instead of switching it to PS3.

[quote name='spoo']

It is hard to call that 'quite a bit worse' after watching the comparison videos. I think I will still keep my 360 pre-order instead of switching it to PS3.[/QUOTE]

you are forgetting about Lossless audio, which us home theater fanatics care about. I won't be getting the gimped version (360). the graphics might not be so noticeable, but now that it is pointed out to me it stands out much more than it would have. that being said, ever since FFVII, i have considered the FF series (referring to core franchise, not Crystal Chronicles or online spinoffs) a Sony only game, so i would never have bought it on 360 anyway.

you can see the lighting effects on page 33, PS3 ver is definately better, plus there is no need to change discs! ;)

The tech differences sound much more major than what I see in the pictures and videos. It seems to be that I've seen bigger differences with closer renditions of a game. Definitely ps3 for me on this one but the 360 only loses some prettiness, it's not like dropping frames and tearing to high hell like bayonetta or bottom barrel resolution textures as on ghostbusters. The framerate's actually better, no surprise there at the resolution drop though, and this was a game no one ever would have thought be on the 360 anyway. Good for people who might be interested or are fans but haven't bothered getting a ps3.

Couple more days amazon.... Then my CE guide, faceplate from BB(fingers crossed) and soundtrack(regular) from squaresoft. It'll be quite the event.

You know, I can appreciate the text of the article, and I'm not trying to be all defensive fanboy here... but I cannot see a lick of difference in those photos.

[quote name='spoo']Didn't the author get the fact that if you install all three discs that you don't have to do any disc swaps wrong?
[/QUOTE]

I believe it was confirmed that you do still have to swap discs.

[quote name='Plinko']I believe it was confirmed that you do still have to swap discs.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this. I thought it was pretty awesome if you didn't have to swap disks, but I guess the article was wrong?

360 one looks a lot more blocky and jaggy on a large screen (94 inch projector) during battles/gameplay/fmv's. CGI cutscenes are AMAZING. I hope the PS3 version is better (its on pre-order still)

[quote name='spoo']Didn't the author get the fact that if you install all three discs that you don't have to do any disc swaps wrong?

Also I wanted to know about gameplay issues, screen rips, v-sync and loading times instead of the hair on the PS3 version looking slightly better.

%3E

2cdizpg.gif

It is hard to call that 'quite a bit worse' after watching the comparison videos. I think I will still keep my 360 pre-order instead of switching it to PS3.[/QUOTE]

Those aren't gameplay shots though. The in-game cutscenes are always going to look a lot better than the actual gameplay.

I'm getting PS3 regardless since..well..that's all I own. But the difference is quite jarring on the 360 during battles and such. It still looks GREAT, but it seems SE just can't get a handle on this 360 thing.

Just got my shipping conformation on my order for the UK CE of FXIII..... Psyched! I can't wait to play this game!

And yeah, I know this is the amazon thread....I wouldve bought it from amazon if the US had a CE.....

lol, all you haters make me laugh!

I think the 360's shots look better anyway.

Again, there is more to factor in than just graphics. If you're an XBL Gold subscriber on 360 you can easily download DLC while playing your single player game. You can also join party chats to conversate with friends--to talk about the game, keep from getting bored, or whatever other reason. Even if not XBL Gold subscriber you can use the 'Private Chat' feature to talk with other friends. These are just a few things why I would get the 360 version over PS3 if I had an option.

FAYI, I've owned a PS3 and it's not worth it to keep over the 360 considering it's small library. They take forever to put out games and in the end their biggest exclusives have come to the 360. Sorry but if this one multiplat is 'better' in terms of graphics, since many of you are only considering graphics, it is still not worth it to have a $300 PS3 for ONE game with better graphics and a few mediocre exclusives.

Also, PS3 released for $600 close to 4 years ago and people bought their console just waiting mainly on this what was exclusive, well now it's on 360 and of course they think it looks better on PS3.

Get lives or get 360, haters.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']lol, all you haters make me laugh!

Again, there is more to factor in than just graphics. If you're an XBL Gold subscriber on 360 you can easily download DLC while playing your single player game. You can also join party chats to conversate with friends--to talk about the game, keep from getting bored, or whatever other reason. Even if not XBL Gold subscriber you can use the 'Private Chat' feature to talk with other friends. These are just a few things why I would get the 360 version over PS3 if I had an option.

FAYI, I've owned a PS3 and it's not worth it to keep over the 360 considering it's small library. They take forever to put out games and in the end their biggest exclusives have come to the 360. Sorry but if this one multiplat is 'better' in terms of graphics, since many of you are only considering graphics, it is still not worth it to have a $300 PS3 for ONE game with better graphics and a few mediocre exclusives.

Also, PS3 released for $600 close to 4 years ago and people bought their console just waiting mainly on this what was exclusive, well now it's on 360 and of course they think it looks better on PS3.

Get lives or get 360, haters.[/QUOTE]

5 Words Mr.Cag in Training

GET THE fuck OUTA HERE!

Again, there is more to factor in than just graphics. If you're an XBL Gold subscriber on 360 you can easily download DLC while playing your single player game. [/QUOTE]

I stopped reading your post there, for it was a fanboy post of the largest proportions.

It's ok to admit the 360 version looks worse, to some degree, than the PS3 version. There is nothing wrong with that. the game is going to rock, and whether you play it on your 360, PS3, NES, or Wonderswan Color, as long as you enjoy it, it's good :p

That being said, yea, its nice to get a multi-plat game that looks and plays better on the PS3 than 360 XD. We've been shafted for years, ITS TIME TO SHINE!
(Sorry. Been playing PS3 Orange Box. Swear its going to brick my PS3).

[quote name='plutoknight']seems SE just can't get a handle on this 360 thing.[/QUOTE]

Weird assertion to make, since there's not much to go on for either console. Last Remnant had serious performance issues on 360, but the PS3 version was scrapped entirely. I think TLR and FFXIII are the only two internal SE games to be released on 360, and FFXIII is the only one for PS3. I think the only conclusion that can be drawn is that FFXIII was just a quick port.

EDIT: Forgot about another SE exclusive for 360 that was internally developed (I think): Project Sylpheed. Gorgeous game, but framerate issues... but no PS3 version to compare it to.

I can't help but wonder how many people that are making noise about the differences actually have an HD sound setup, or an HDTV big enough (or they sit close enough when they play) to even notice those differences.

So you did read my whole post! Not a fanboy, it's the truth. If I owned PS3 (like I did at one point) I'd of gave up already (like I did), because it's not worth it to keep such an expensive console for a game that might have slightly better graphics and a system with a few mediocre exclusives. Not a fanboy, but Microsoft is also an AMERICAN company. I like to support American when I can.

However, I support the better product at better price mostly, and the 360 surpasses PS3 in all those categories. Buy American, don't buy Toyota when you can buy Ford. Buy 360 and don't deal with that PS3 anymore, not worth it. I'm 100% not a fanboy, like I said I just support whats best.

And Andrew stfu. Go try to buy peoples games for less than what they're getting at Gamestop and make a thread about it, hahaha you moron. Know your role and shut your mouth jabroni.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']So you did read my whole post! Not a fanboy, it's the truth. If I owned PS3 (like I did at one point) I'd of gave up already (like I did), because it's not worth it to keep such an expensive console for a game that might have slightly better graphics and a system with a few mediocre exclusives. Not a fanboy, but Microsoft is also an AMERICAN company. I like to support American when I can, Bill Gates is a boss.

However, I support the better product at better price mostly, and the 360 surpass PS3 in all those categories. Buy American, don't buy Toyota when you can buy Ford. Buy 360 and don't deal with that PS3 anymore, not worth it. I'm 100% not a fanboy, like I said I just support whats best.

And Andrew stfu. Go try to buy peoples games before they trade to Gamestop for less than what they're trading for you moron. hahahaha dummy know your role and shut your mouth.[/QUOTE]

Ummm you're definitely wasting your breath with the whole "buy American" thing. Half the people will pop a boner over even the slightest mention of anything Asian and they must have it.

You mean I can hear other people talk in order for them to distract me from the single player story while I play??? WOOOO, big plus!!

Get lives or get 360, haters.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='opterasis']Ummm you're definitely wasting your breath with the whole "buy American" thing. Half the people will pop a boner over even the slightest mention of anything Asian and they must have it.[/QUOTE]
But maybe the other half of people will listen.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']But maybe the other half of people will listen.[/QUOTE]

not really, i don't care if a gaming console is american or japanese. they both have american and japanese games on them so what's the point? do you only buy american games? hell, ffxiii isn't american! anyway, i have both a 360 and ps3, and i'll be getting the ps3 version due to the slightly better graphics.. can't think of any better reason to get the 360 version considering i have both consoles..

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']5 Words Mr.Cag in Training

GET THE fuck OUTA HERE![/QUOTE]
Says the guy with a Aug 09 join date, he joined before you did genius

[quote name='sunghost']not really, i don't care if a gaming console is american or japanese. they both have american and japanese games on them so what's the point? do you only buy american games? hell, ffxiii isn't american! anyway, i have both a 360 and ps3, and i'll be getting the ps3 version due to the slightly better graphics.. can't think of any better reason to get the 360 version considering i have both consoles..[/QUOTE]

Actually, from what I've read (and I don't know if it's true LOL INTERNETS!) if you don't have an HDTV and you aren't a fat lazy fuck that is going to complain about changing a disc after HOURS of playing, there's absolutely no problem with going with the 360 version since it has a more consistent framerate.

bread's done
Back