Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from Amazon customer rep telling me it's going to take 2-3 business days to look into the 10 gaming credit pre order. Are you kidding me?

[quote name='wildcpac']Just got an email from Amazon customer rep telling me it's going to take 2-3 business days to look into the 10 gaming credit pre order. Are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]
I just got a similar email, only it's supposed to take "3 to 7 business days" for the rep to research my problem. What a crock, especially since I had already been told in no uncertain terms that I was eligible for the credit and that I would have it by March 11. I'm writing back to tell them that this is unacceptable.

[quote name='wildcpac']Just got an email from Amazon customer rep telling me it's going to take 2-3 business days to look into the 10 gaming credit pre order. Are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]

I got the exact same email. Just out of curiosity, were either of you other guys getting FFXIII via a leftover ECA discount order?

[quote name='gkrykewy']I got the exact same email. Just out of curiosity, were either of you other guys getting FFXIII via a leftover ECA discount order?[/QUOTE]

Mine was a left over 30% off order and I haven't gotten credit but I'm not bugging them for a few days because I don't really care.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Mine was a left over 30% off order and I haven't gotten credit but I'm not bugging them for a few days because I don't really care.[/QUOTE]

I have an ECA order open still, and yeah FFXIII was on that order.

I called up CS, and the dude was game-saavy and all like, man you've got some amazing games on your order.... we appreciate your business, etc...

He gave me $10 credit on my account to use on any item (not restrcited to games), and I also had him add Versus XIII and Agarest War LE to my order, as the last thing on it before then was GoW3 UE :)

Mine was an old ECA order, but FF13 was part of the original order, not something I had a CSR add on later. And I received the $10 credit notification emails before the game came out. So I really don't see what the hold up is.

I mentioned this in the Amazon credit thread but it might be worth checking if the $10 promo was credited to your Amazon account (even if you didn't get an email) by adding a game and starting to checkout. I never got an email notification this time but, after emailing Amazon and being told it has already been credited to my account, I checked and it was in fact there.

I double checked my inbox/trash and definitely did not get an email notification this time which is a first. I also am positive it wasn't left over from another purchase as I bought something that day before that exhausted my promotional credit.

[quote name='Moravagine']I mentioned this in the Amazon credit thread but it might be worth checking if the $10 promo was credited to your Amazon account (even if you didn't get an email) by adding a game and starting to checkout. I never got an email notification this time but, after emailing Amazon and being told it has already been credited to my account, I checked and it was in fact there.

I double checked my inbox/trash and definitely did not get an email notification this time which is a first. I also am positive it wasn't left over from another purchase as I bought something that day before that exhausted my promotional credit.[/QUOTE]
Add a non-game item (try a DVD) to the cart and start the checkout to see if that credit still shows up. If it does, it's a general credit that they simply added to your account possibly after receiving your email inquiry. They added it manually and then replied to tell you it is already there in order to make it sound like it's been there and you didn't know.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Mine was a left over 30% off order and I haven't gotten credit but I'm not bugging them for a few days because I don't really care.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that the stacked ECA orders live on. They'll probably be willed to people's children and continue to be used far in to the future when we all have intarweb chips in our brains and Amazon's store sells hoverbikes.

Hmm... sounds like all of us with missing credits had ECA orders. Weird, since my credit for BF2 on the same order showed up right away one week prior.

[quote name='Moravagine']I mentioned this in the Amazon credit thread but it might be worth checking if the $10 promo was credited to your Amazon account (even if you didn't get an email) by adding a game and starting to checkout. I never got an email notification this time but, after emailing Amazon and being told it has already been credited to my account, I checked and it was in fact there.

I double checked my inbox/trash and definitely did not get an email notification this time which is a first. I also am positive it wasn't left over from another purchase as I bought something that day before that exhausted my promotional credit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I tried that, no luck.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Hmm... sounds like all of us with missing credits had ECA orders. Weird, since my credit for BF2 on the same order showed up right away one week prior.

yeah, I tried that, no luck.[/QUOTE]

My FFXIII was part of an ECA order that's still open and I got the credit the morning the game arrived. I think it was part of the original order and not an item that was added later so that might have something to do with it since I've had to contact amazon customer service to get credits for other games I've had added to the order.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']EDIT: Always go for phone help and not email them. Emailing rarely works, and when it does it's delayed to hell. When talking to a rep just be like, I heard you gave a $10 refund/credit for other people with the same problem. If you get a nice rep. they will make the exception and not forward the issue to the promotions department, which does take a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a consistent rule. I called this morning, and got nowhere -- escalated to marketing or something. Whereas I've had much better success in the past via email.

Thanks for the clarification re: FFXIII and ECA, all. Sounds like this credit is just FUBAR somehow.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Just out of curiosity, were either of you other guys getting FFXIII via a leftover ECA discount order?[/QUOTE]
$40 shipped; ECA4LYFE!

My $10 credit came without issue.

[quote name='eau']Add a non-game item (try a DVD) to the cart and start the checkout to see if that credit still shows up. If it does, it's a general credit that they simply added to your account possibly after receiving your email inquiry. They added it manually and then replied to tell you it is already there in order to make it sound like it's been there and you didn't know.[/QUOTE]

I already used it yesterday when Oblivion was on sale for $17.99. But yeah, I wondered if the rep was actually the one who just added it because I definitely didn't get any email notification despite getting about three emails a month ago stating that my the $10 bonus would be extended to my pre-order (since I made the order on an ECA one back in October).

[quote name='Jodou']$40 shipped; ECA4LYFE![/QUOTE]

I got the game ($39.89) and the Collector's Edition guide ($17.95) for less than 60 not even counting the $10 credit.

[quote name='Moravagine']I already used it yesterday when Oblivion was on sale for $17.99. But yeah, I wondered if the rep was actually the one who just added it because I definitely didn't get any email notification despite getting about three emails a month ago stating that my the $10 bonus would be extended to my pre-order (since I made the order on an ECA one back in October).

I got the game ($39.89) and the Collector's Edition guide ($17.95) for less than 60 not even counting the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon sometimes apply credits w/o your consent... I have a small credit from Pay Phase and it was suppose to be used on my next purchase (that's the terms say). Well, to my surprise it was gone when I placed an order. I inquired about it and guess what? The credit was automatically applied to one of the existing order when the order was shipped... It was so difficult to track, since the credit in question didn't show up anywhere. I felt like Amazon kind of tricked me, but luckily I have the original order confirmation, so I compared the numbers and Amazon did deducted the amount.

[quote name='Moravagine']I already used it yesterday when Oblivion was on sale for $17.99. But yeah, I wondered if the rep was actually the one who just added it because I definitely didn't get any email notification despite getting about three emails a month ago stating that my the $10 bonus would be extended to my pre-order (since I made the order on an ECA one back in October).

I got the game ($39.89) and the Collector's Edition guide ($17.95) for less than 60 not even counting the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Bitched about the guide's wrap being torn so my total was under $50, eat that!

[quote name='jacknicklson']Bitched about the guide's wrap being torn so my total was under $50, eat that![/QUOTE]

Fortunately I haven't opened mine yet. I'm vandalizing it right now in a last ditch effort to save a few more bucks.

I'm sorry for bringing ECA into the discussion -- we've now got a race to the bottom for 'lack of shame'.... which of course was won by a Cowgirls fan from New Jersey ;)

lol thanks.

Anyway, just got my credit email.

Now to decide whether to ask them to move it into my ECA order or just bite the bullet and order something ECA-free.

Just got an email notification finally and appear to have been issued a second $10 credit. Since they do it in batches, hopefully everyone else yet to receive one got theirs.

Just got mine as well, was beginning to think only ECA triplestackers and denter-uppers for partial refunds were getting it. Now to wait for SSFIV to get in my Goldbox again.

[quote name='Vortextk']You can't return your amazon copy to whatever store your GF bought it at? Stupid question if you thought of that but she doesn't have the receipt or something, but making sure as I bet you'd save more if you returned it to that store instead.[/QUOTE]

Wow im dumb.... didn't even think of that.

bread's done
Back