Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vithang']You can't exactly called it favoritism if FF13 had originally been developed for the PS3. I don't think we should've suffered the loss of features just because Microsoft decided to spend all this money to drag the PS3 version down to their level to be able to compete in the market. Just my 2cents. At least Versus will be PS3 exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I own both the PS3 and 360 and bought this for the PS3 but I hope Versus get's announced as a multi plat just so I can laugh at all the ps3 elitists

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I own both the PS3 and 360 and bought this for the PS3 but I hope Versus get's announced as a multi plat just so I can laugh at all the ps3 elitists[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the playing the xbox 360. i don't see how being disappointed that the 360 got the game as well makes me an "elitist". The game being stripped of features because the prime reason is a port allows me to voice my opinion that I'm not content. You can laugh all you want and get all your inferior ports.

The whole thing with multiple audio languages and what not... it doesn't seem logical at all for the 360, and probably a bitch/impossible for the PS3 too.

I'm not sure how exactly they resynced the lips and facial expressions for cutscenes + FMVs but imagine if they had to right the code to switch between multiple languages. Again, not 100% of how much space that would take on the physical disc, but that seems counter-productive to what they did with the voice acting this time.

FYI, and I'm assuming this might be true for the 360 version as well, you can make a square enix account and use the little registration card inside to sign up and then get points on their site. You don't get much, but apparently at the end of march every year you get little gifts depending on your "tier"(based on points you earned in the last year for SE purchases). At the very least, this one game will bump you into bronze and there was an article...maybe on kotaku, listing some prizes. Bronze was some postcards with artwork from a few games or something, I think silver was a calendar with artwork. 5 games of points needed for silver, or 4 games and take the survey they have on the site about manga for some extra points. I did that survey but I imagine they have to make sure it's not jibberish to award you, so it wasn't an instant point increase.

Also, by registering the game you get a code for a possible invite to the beta of the ps3 version of FFXIV(what a mouthful) as well as an undisclosed item if you use that code when the game releases. I'm finishing the beta sign up survey now, I figure why not, but it's kind of funny that the last question which asks you if you run a fan site for a game is REQUIRED but has no "I don't have a fan site" option, the closest is a "fan site that is none of the above".

I imagine some of those questions are just to see if you're competent and paying attention, but I don't think that last one is a trick, just kind of messed up =) Anyway, stupid little bonus I thought I'd mention. Also, if you want to put in more games reg codes for points on their site, it won't count for older games and it might not even count for games released before march of last year. Not sure about the last part.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The whole thing with multiple audio languages and what not... it doesn't seem logical at all for the 360, and probably a bitch/impossible for the PS3 too.

I'm not sure how exactly they resynced the lips and facial expressions for cutscenes + FMVs but imagine if they had to right the code to switch between multiple languages. Again, not 100% of how much space that would take on the physical disc, but that seems counter-productive to what they did with the voice acting this time.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the cutscenes and FMVs are pre-rendered it really wouldn't be too hard to allow alternate languages. The only limitation would be space on the disc for the additional copies of the scenes. As long as they're writing efficient code adding different locales is generally not all that difficult.

[quote name='Tracid']Anyone get their $10 credit yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get my credit yet, e-mailed Amazon about it today and they're going to refund $10 to my card.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']I received mine Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

I believe I did as well, but I have have been spending all my time playing the game so I've barely checked my e-mail :) I do recall seeing something from Amazon though - I assumed it was this but didn't actually read it.

Yeah, I haven't got mine either which is weird since it is normally automatic after it ships. So I talked to a rep today and he is checking on it. He sees the email where it is promised. He said worst case scenario he will credit my account manually $10.

I have a strange question/request. Sorry.

I have both the PS3 version of the game and the 360 version. I also bought the FFXIII 360 Bundle. So I have 3 Registration cards in total. However, I have no idea which is which. I only want to redeem the PS3 version in hopes of getting into FFXIV beta. I am not sure but I am guessing that the number on the bottom right of the cards have to do w/each version of the game. Can people who bought the 360 or PS3 version please tell me what number is on the bottom right of their corresponding card, please?

This is what I am referring to:

I got 3 different numbers: 91002, 92002M, and 91001. If I was a betting man, I'd guess that the 91001 is the PS3 version, but I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='saetia']I have a strange question/request. Sorry.

I have both the PS3 version of the game and the 360 version. I also bought the FFXIII 360 Bundle. So I have 3 Registration cards in total. However, I have no idea which is which. I only want to redeem the PS3 version in hopes of getting into FFXIV beta. I am not sure but I am guessing that the number on the bottom right of the cards have to do w/each version of the game. Can people who bought the 360 or PS3 version please tell me what number is on the bottom right of their corresponding card, please?

I got 3 different numbers: 91002, 92002M, and 91001. If I was a betting man, I'd guess that the 91001 is the PS3 version, but I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The card that came with my PS3 copy says 91001.

[quote name='saetia']I have a strange question/request. Sorry.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

91001 is the PS3 version

[quote name='Poor2More']91001 is the PS3 version[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']The card that came with my PS3 copy says 91001.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, guys! :D

I emailed them for my $10 FFXIII credit last night and early this morning, and still no reply. I finally called them up and ranted. After the rep verified my purchase and the missing credit in my account, he went ahead and added it to my account.

The promo department needs to put their acts together. I have had to follow up on my missing credits in the last few weeks.

Have a question. I got my copy of ffxiii from amazon and haven't opened it yet. I used my gaming credit on a new ps3 controller last night. I get home today to see my girlfriend has bought a copy and opened it already so im going to return the copy to amazon. Will i get a charge for the gaming credit? Do I lose it if the game is returned?

You can't return your amazon copy to whatever store your GF bought it at? Stupid question if you thought of that but she doesn't have the receipt or something, but making sure as I bet you'd save more if you returned it to that store instead.

Still no credit for me, nor even a reply from customer service. Don't they know I need the credit to pick up some MS points! That Lady Gaga track pack isn't going to sing itself!

Yeah, this is ridiculous. No credit for me (360 version), no response to three separate emails. I guess I'll have to call them, but this is really lame.

I called them 5 mins ago and just got the email
Greetings from Amazon.com!

We are writing to you today because you purchased a copy of Final Fantasy XIII.

We recently added a $10 Video Game Store Credit promotional offer to Final Fantasy XIII. This credit has been added to your account and you will be able to use it next time you place an order for an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This promo credit may be redeemed until 06/30/2010.

We realize that many of our customers are huge Final Fantasy fans, and we’re pleased to thank you for your business with this offer.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!

I'm not going to order from Amazon anymore... it's starting to piss me off. No, it's not the game credit promotion that bothers me (i didn't get the $10 from FFXIII by the way, not yet). Both Heavy Rain and FFXIII were shipped with confirmation/tracking, but in actuality, they were never shipped! I discovered this problem from Heavy Rain, because i suppose to get that by now and i didn't... When i check the tracking, surprise surprise surprise, the freaking game never left the shipping center, New Castle DE. All this time, the damn thing sits at the same location! When I checked FFXIII, same crap, it's also sitting in the same location as of now (i suppose to get it today).

Don't know what the problem is, but that's it, i'm done with Amazon, claiming something shipped and it's not actually shipped is so NOT Amazon. It's so shady, way worse than the Marketplace merchants! I got better services from the Marketplace than Amazon itself, can you believe that? The customer service is on/off, sometimes they give me good answers, but recently, just generic "i'm sorry, blah blah blah, and then with a big NO."

Sigh, i hate to shoot them e-mails for something they suppose to do/deliver automatically. Not worth the headaches in the future... Going to pre-order hot/popular releases elsewhere from now on.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm not going to order from Amazon anymore... it's starting to piss me off. No, it's not the game credit promotion that bothers me (i didn't get the $10 from FFXIII by the way, not yet). Both Heavy Rain and FFXIII were shipped with confirmation/tracking, but in actuality, they were never shipped! I discovered this problem from Heavy Rain, because i suppose to get that by now and i didn't... When i check the tracking, surprise surprise surprise, the freaking game never left the shipping center, New Castle DE. All this time, the damn thing sits at the same location! When I checked FFXIII, same crap, it's also sitting in the same location as of now (i suppose to get it today).

Don't know what the problem is, but that's it, i'm done with Amazon, claiming something shipped and it's not actually shipped is so NOT Amazon. It's so shady, way worse than the Marketplace merchants! I got better services from the Marketplace than Amazon itself, can you believe that? The customer service is on/off, sometimes they give me good answers, but recently, just generic "i'm sorry, blah blah blah, and then with a big NO."

Sigh, i hate to shoot them e-mails for something they suppose to do/deliver automatically. Not worth the headaches in the future... Going to pre-order hot/popular releases elsewhere from now on.[/QUOTE]

I bet you'll buy from amazon again when you see an awesome deal or when Black Friday comes.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm not going to order from Amazon anymore... it's starting to piss me off. No, it's not the game credit promotion that bothers me (i didn't get the $10 from FFXIII by the way, not yet). Both Heavy Rain and FFXIII were shipped with confirmation/tracking, but in actuality, they were never shipped! I discovered this problem from Heavy Rain, because i suppose to get that by now and i didn't... When i check the tracking, surprise surprise surprise, the freaking game never left the shipping center, New Castle DE. All this time, the damn thing sits at the same location! When I checked FFXIII, same crap, it's also sitting in the same location as of now (i suppose to get it today).

Sigh, i hate to shoot them e-mails for something they suppose to do/deliver automatically. Not worth the headaches in the future... Going to pre-order hot/popular releases elsewhere from now on.[/QUOTE]

That's when you e-mail them asking where the hell your stuff is. Truth be told, this sounds like a UPS problem, not Amazon. But in any case, Amazon customer service is excellent and they will help you out.

[quote name='greggysasaki']I bet you'll buy from amazon again when you see an awesome deal or when Black Friday comes.[/QUOTE]

Oh i will, i'm just saying no more popular/big releases from Amazon. Heavy Rain became Heavy Pain! FFXIII became Final Fantasy the 13th (lame joke, i know). If you're in my shoes, you'll feel the same, because even by FSSS, the games should be delivered by now.

[quote name='Warlock82']That's when you e-mail them asking where the hell your stuff is. Truth be told, this sounds like a UPS problem, not Amazon. But in any case, Amazon customer service is excellent and they will help you out.[/QUOTE]

I did for Heavy Rain, they rushed it with a replacement... They haven't for FFXIII.

No, it's USPS (not UPS, the games were shipped via USPS with confirmation). I double, triple checked the tracking... The games never left New Castle DE, which is the shipping location for all of the games i ordered from Amazon. I received everything else w/o problems... Darksiders, White Knight, Last Rebellion etc.

All of the games start from New Castle DE. The tracking for HR and FFXIII show New Castle DE and that's it. Everything else it's just dashes... I even signed up USPS auto e-mail notifications for the confirmation numbers. The response?

Here's the Heavy Rain tracking response:

Service Type: Standard Mail Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electronic Shipping ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ 07632 02/27/10 2:24am
Info Received
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USPS has not verified the validity of any email addresses submitted via its
online Track & Confirm tool.
It suppose go to NJ, but it never did, just the initial "info received"...

USPS doesn't track. They say "shipping info received" and then once it's delivered they update it to "delivered". Don't go off their "tracking", it's the most god-awful tracking system out there.

[quote name='jacknicklson']That's because it is delivery confirmation, not tracking. They aren't claiming to track anything[/QUOTE]

I believe it's still called tracking somewhere - possibly on Amazon. Either way, it's an extremely stupid service.

[quote name='Serpentor']I did for Heavy Rain, they rushed it with a replacement... They haven't for FFXIII.

No, it's USPS (not UPS, the games were shipped via USPS with confirmation). I double, triple checked the tracking... The games never left New Castle DE, which is the shipping location for all of the games i ordered from Amazon. I received everything else w/o problems... Darksiders, White Knight, Last Rebellion etc.

All of the games start from New Castle DE. The tracking for HR and FFXIII show New Castle DE and that's it. Everything else it's just dashes... I even signed up USPS auto e-mail notifications for the confirmation numbers. The response?

Here's the Heavy Rain tracking response:

It suppose go to NJ, but it never did, just the initial "info received"...[/QUOTE]

Check the tracking again on FedEx Website (and no, that is not a typo).
If you used the free shipping method, Amazon probably shipped it out using Fedex Smartpost (a joint program with the usps).
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us

Ah, i see your point, the tracking from USPS and the tracking on Amazon suppose to show the same info for the same tracking number, but yeah, in my case they're showing different things (well, same starting and ending point, but one has more info, more dashes that is).

Anyway, it's so annoying! Why have to happen for Heavy Rain and FFXIII? Stupid...

Anyone think Amazon'll drop the price lower now that the game is out? I kinda regret not preordering FFXIII, because I was hoping they'd drop it to $50 temporarily like they did with Uncharted 2... but now I'm feeling the hurt from lack of FFXIII, especially since I ordered the CE guide and soundtrack. T-T I have $30 worth of coupons saved, so I guess I'll be getting it for

It just came out... its not gonna drop anytime soon... maybe in a month or something... ur better off getting that 10$ promotion credit while it lasts... same as paying 50$

Seems like pretty much every game that's come out in the past few months has had at least a temporary drop into the $48-50 range at some point within a couple months of release. Just a question of how long you're willing to wait and watch.

Yeah, games like Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands, Darksiders all saw some big temporary drops on Amazon, although they go back to normal price without warning. Darksiders was once at $40, ACII at $36, Borderlands was $53. I guess I'll wait up to 2-3 weeks to see if FFXIII experiences some sort of notable drop.

Not to mention Modern Warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2. Honestly I'd be more surprised if FF13 can't be had for $45 or less within the next two months, even if only as a one-off DOTD type deal.

This doesn't sound like Amazon's fault. USPS tracking doesn't actually tell you where your item was originating from if you go to usps.com directly. If you use the tracking @ amazon, amazon adds the shipping warehouse as the origination point in your tracking. Most likely USPS didn't scan your item during transit. In fact, it's a crap shoot if they'd scan it at all since they are not as disciplined as UPS. Sometimes USPS didn't scan some of my shipment at all until when it reached my mail box. What I'm saying is, it's most likely that Amazon did ship out your games, but USPS didn't scan your shipment in transit and they might very well be sitting in some post office, thus the lack of updates to your tracking history.

In this case, shoot the messenger since he's not doing its job right.

4 emails, now 1 phone call (waiting for a response from their "marketing department" now), still no credit (360 version). This is so weird.

[quote name='TwilitSky']Anyone think Amazon'll drop the price lower now that the game is out? I kinda regret not preordering FFXIII, because I was hoping they'd drop it to $50 temporarily like they did with Uncharted 2... but now I'm feeling the hurt from lack of FFXIII, especially since I ordered the CE guide and soundtrack. T-T I have $30 worth of coupons saved, so I guess I'll be getting it for

Well, I guess it's also that I do have a large selection of unfinished games right now, so in terms of practicality, I should wait and save some money. It's just that this is THE FFXIII that we've been waiting for since FFX (I'm one of those who found FFXII disappointing >_>), so I'm feeling pretty anxious about not having it. X/

[quote name='eau']This doesn't sound like Amazon's fault. USPS tracking doesn't actually tell you where your item was originating from if you go to usps.com directly. If you use the tracking @ amazon, amazon adds the shipping warehouse as the origination point in your tracking. Most likely USPS didn't scan your item during transit. In fact, it's a crap shoot if they'd scan it at all since they are not as disciplined as UPS. Sometimes USPS didn't scan some of my shipment at all until when it reached my mail box. What I'm saying is, it's most likely that Amazon did ship out your games, but USPS didn't scan your shipment in transit and they might very well be sitting in some post office, thus the lack of updates to your tracking history.

In this case, shoot the messenger since he's not doing its job right.[/QUOTE]

The more i think about it, it does sound like Amazon shipped and it's USPS that's not updating the info... I'm just pissed that for the two games in question, all scanning/tracking stopped after New Castle DE. What's up with that?! What are the chances? I don't believe in coincidences.

All my other games show correct tracking info, when they're delivered, they're delivered, never have any problems. Because of that, i tend to trust the tracking system on the order status page.

[quote name='Serpentor']The more i think about it, it does sound like Amazon shipped and it's USPS that's not updating the info... I'm just pissed that for the two games in question, all scanning/tracking stopped after New Castle DE. What's up with that?! What are the chances? I don't believe in coincidences.

All my other games show correct tracking info, when they're delivered, they're delivered, never have any problems. Because of that, i tend to trust the tracking system on the order status page.[/QUOTE]
eau is absolutely right. You're lucky if USPS ever updates the tracking other than when it arrives at your home.

I have two things on the way from USPS. My FF13 game that has just been updated to say it arrived at my post office (even though I knew pretty sure it'd be here today since I ordered MLB 2k10 the same way last week).

I also have an order with LIDS.com and they send their stuff first with DHL and then USPS picks it up. Well DHL seemed like they were slacking and didn't even move my order but then it updated and said hours before it was scanned in NJ already and now USPS has the package. Well USPS hasn't updated anything and it still says its with DHL.

Usually USPS won't update anything even if it was scanned until about 9pm at night, but other times you get lucky. Don't worry it's going to be there and on time.

bread's done
Back