Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrosnwo']Mine came in at 4:15 central. Games got presentation in spades, that's for sure. After 2 1/2 hours in, it's all style and very little substance. I know it's gonna get better, I heard you gotta tread thru a good 30 hours before it gets real good. Hopefully it's like that, cause so far, it's play for 1 minute, watch for 5, play for 1, rinse and repeat, and all the battles seem impossible to lose no matter how purposely careless you act. Prepare for a hefty dedication.[/QUOTE]

Heh... I played for about 3 hours, 5 starred every battle up until the point I learned magic and could "level up" and 2 starred it instead. That was when I stopped playing last night though.

I can't say I'm surprised after reading all the previews, but I'm finding the first few hours to be verrrry dull. I wonder if this game will grab me before the Dragon Age expansion arrives next week. If not, it's going on the shelf for a long time. I know it's way too early to judge the game, but it's hard when you're hating almost everything about a game you want so desperately to love. Damn you, Final Fantasy!

I might start to think that I'd finally gotten fed up with Jrpgs if Square Enix hadn't been so insistant that this wasn't one.

[quote name='BIG5']I can't say I'm surprised after reading all the previews, but I'm finding the first few hours to be verrrry dull. I wonder if this game will grab me before the Dragon Age expansion arrives next week. If not, it's going on the shelf for a long time. I know it's way too early to judge the game, but it's hard when you're hating almost everything about a game you want so desperately to love. Damn you, Final Fantasy!

I might start to think that I'd finally gotten fed up with Jrpgs if Square Enix hadn't been so insistant that this wasn't one.[/QUOTE]

Keep going, once the battle system opens up the game becomes amazing.

I did receive my package yesterday evening and I'm really enjoying the game so far. Haven't received my $10 credit though, so I went ahead and emailed Amazon just to ask about it.

[quote name='leeloo1977']On a PS3 with a hi def 42 inch TV and HDMI cable it is the most amazing visual experience I have ever had. Seriously this game looks amazing, my jaw was literally on the ground.[/QUOTE]

Did you by chance not play Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or the God of War III demo?

This game has the best looking FMV sequences, but the actual game itself isn't the best I've seen. It's REALLY good for a third party publisher, but Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, and especially God of War III are way more visually impressive.

Got my game and guides at 4pm yesterday but didn't have any time to play it because of pre-GDC stuff :(
Why you do this Square :(

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh, by the way, you all suck. When I get my copy tomorrow, then we'll be friends.[/QUOTE]
Lol, guess this would be a bad time to tell you FFXIII has been taking a backseat to BFBC2, eh? The foil cover is shiny though. . .

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Did you by chance not play Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or the God of War III demo?

This game has the best looking FMV sequences, but the actual game itself isn't the best I've seen. It's REALLY good for a third party publisher, but Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, and especially God of War III are way more visually impressive.[/QUOTE]

TBH the answer is no. Not at all interested in Killzone or GoW. And I still haven't finished the first Uncharted (about 77% through it, but now it is going to have to take a backseat to FFXIII). I did however play the Heavy Rain demo and although I thought the visuals were really good, I think FFXIII is a million times better looking, definitely prettier anyhow.

[quote name='leeloo1977']TBH the answer is no. Not at all interested in Killzone or GoW. And I still haven't finished the first Uncharted (about 77% through it, but now it is going to have to take a backseat to FFXIII). I did however play the Heavy Rain demo and although I thought the visuals were really good, I think FFXIII is a million times better looking, definitely prettier anyhow.[/QUOTE]

This :applause:

FFXIII is un-matched in visual quality on :ps3:. Yes not even the great Uncharted 2 can match it (and no I am not being sarcastic, it was my GOTY with ACII last year).

The one thing HR has on it is the detail of the facial expressions. FFXIII has it but not on Heavy Rain's level.

Uncharted 2 and FFXIII have completely different styles of graphics. I think they are both pure sex just in different ways. Sorta like a '68 Camaro SS/RS and Meghan Fox.

[quote name='aegisol']Got my game and guides at 4pm yesterday but didn't have any time to play it because of pre-GDC stuff :(
Why you do this Square :([/QUOTE]

Square did it because they were angry that there was no Rebel FM last week ;)

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']Uncharted 2 and FFXIII have completely different styles of graphics. I think they are both pure sex just in different ways. Sorta like a '68 Camaro SS/RS and Brooklyn Decker.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. :cool: ;)

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']Uncharted 2 and FFXIII have completely different styles of graphics. I think they are both pure sex just in different ways. Sorta like a '68 Camaro SS/RS and Meghan Fox.[/QUOTE]

They are a different style, but there's no denying that Uncharted 2 (even the first one) have more eye candy than the game play graphics for XIII.
I'm not saying KZ2 is better than FFXIII as far as games go (though, I'm sure GOWIII will be)...but they definitely look better than FFXIII.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']They are a different style, but there's no denying that Uncharted 2 (even the first one) have more eye candy than the game play graphics for XIII.
I'm not saying KZ2 is better than FFXIII as far as games go (though, I'm sure GOWIII will be)...but they definitely look better than FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

Differing opinions I guess...I think gameplay on both are incredible...haven't played KZ2 though so I can't compare that one...

[quote name='leeloo1977']TBH the answer is no. Not at all interested in Killzone or GoW. And I still haven't finished the first Uncharted (about 77% through it, but now it is going to have to take a backseat to FFXIII). I did however play the Heavy Rain demo and although I thought the visuals were really good, I think FFXIII is a million times better looking, definitely prettier anyhow.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to say things like that when the only other game you've played on PS3 is Uncharted (judging by your trophy list). FFXIII looks great, but its not the best.

[quote name='gospelman']Yeah I got my $10 around mid-day.

I did not, however, get my RDD order delivered today. It's 10pm and am giving up. Not pleased.[/QUOTE]

Manage to get yours yet? Mine was also out for delivery since 7:47 am, yesterday...and I never got mine.

I'm kinda sketched out that Amazon has an extra 'arrival scan' after that at 10:21 am, at "Miami Airport FL". I ended up calling UPS to see what was up, and they told me that "Yeah, you should've gotten it yesterday. Contact your seller to initiate a trace on the package" - so I emailed Amazon, and they're just saying to wait 2 days.

I'm hoping this somehow ends up here today...but screw you, UPS.

To those who haven't received their RDD copies or received them late: call Amazon, tell them the late delivery is unacceptible, and ask to be refunded the cost of shipping. This has always worked for me with late RDD games in the past and is a great way to shave off a few bucks from the total price.

so how many cutscenes have you guys skipped so far? The cheesy let's get em boys type of cutscenes that ran rampant in blue dragon are instantly skipped

[quote name='mywhitenoise']It's easy to say things like that when the only other game you've played on PS3 is Uncharted (judging by your trophy list). FFXIII looks great, but its not the best.[/QUOTE]

Because I live in a box and the only games I have ever seen played in hi def are the ones I have trophies for.... :roll:

I never wait this long for ups, come on. I started on sacred 2 lastnight and have put in 9 hours in my character already. The wait's killing me.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Because I live in a box and the only games I have ever seen played in hi def are the ones I have trophies for.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Seeing screenshots is different than actually playing the game, and since most games have trophies...I think it's safe to assume you have either not had your PS3 for very long, you had bought it just for Final Fantasy (which wouldn't surprise me with all your fangirl posts related to the game), or you don't play your PS3 very often.

[quote name='GUNNM']so how many cutscenes have you guys skipped so far? The cheesy let's get em boys type of cutscenes that ran rampant in blue dragon are instantly skipped[/QUOTE]

haha, then you would skip a majority of the game! I've just gotten used to it. Venille on the other hand, could they have made her any more stereotypical?
I guess they needed the young Japanese girl who's naive but sexually provocative, and makes moaning noises for no apparent reason, to sell games.

Vanille makes me laugh, and once you get further it turns out she's a pretty deep character.

I won't spoil anything though.

Since when is everyone such a harsh dialogue critic? This game is no worse then the majority of big hollywood movies that get released every year. Dark Knight anyone?

"WE'RE LIKE TURKEYS ON THANKSGIVING HERE!!"

man I almost walked out of the theatre.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Seeing screenshots is different than actually playing the game, and since most games have trophies...I think it's safe to assume you have either not had your PS3 for very long, you had bought it just for Final Fantasy (which wouldn't surprise me with all your fangirl posts related to the game), or you don't play your PS3 very often.[/QUOTE]

good lord, there are so many things wrong with this post... I guess I should be flattered that I have my own personal troll.

[quote name='vithang']So is anyone disappointed that SE decided not to put Dual Audio on the NA version of the game?[/QUOTE]

I was pretty disappointed when I tried to change the language and saw that there was no option to do so. I don't know if they did this to accommodate the Xbox 360 or what, but it's pretty disappointing.

[quote name='vithang']So is anyone disappointed that SE decided not to put Dual Audio on the NA version of the game?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not sure they would of been able to for the 360 version, they had to compress that to fit on 3 discs already.

And if they had done it for the ps3 only, people would complain they showed favoritism to the ps3.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I was pretty disappointed when I tried to change the language and saw that there was no option to do so. I don't know if they did this to accommodate the Xbox 360 or what, but it's pretty disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Square has never put Japanese and English audio on a FF game unless it is an international version.

[quote name='mitnosi']Well I'm not sure they would of been able to for the 360 version, they had to compress that to fit on 3 discs already.

And if they had done it for the ps3 only, people would complain they showed favoritism to the ps3.[/QUOTE]

You can't exactly called it favoritism if FF13 had originally been developed for the PS3. I don't think we should've suffered the loss of features just because Microsoft decided to spend all this money to drag the PS3 version down to their level to be able to compete in the market. Just my 2cents. At least Versus will be PS3 exclusive.

[quote name='vithang']You can't exactly called it favoritism if FF13 had originally been developed for the PS3. I don't think we should've suffered the loss of features just because Microsoft decided to spend all this money to drag the PS3 version down to their level to be able to compete in the market. Just my 2cents. At least Versus will be PS3 exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Im not playing any sides. Own both systems and chose to pick up the ps3 version. I just think that is what people would have said if one version got it and the other didn't.

Just got mines and I just bought the game from Target..
Strange though. I got Bad Company 2 3 days after and I got this one 1 day after, when I used the free shipping for both. They both came from Nevada too.

Besides that their games don't come with dual audio frequently, and especially not FF as examples have been given(international versions), the game's cutscenes(all manner) were redone to be lip-synced with the english audio. I can promise you not even the blu-ray could store both versions of everything at the same quality let alone dvd.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This :applause:

The one thing HR has on it is the detail of the facial expressions. FFXIII has it but not on Heavy Rain's level.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% here, I read a datalog entry that said
the young boy looked at Snow with hate and loathing
and I almost laughed. I personally like the character of Hope since I can relate to the
mother/son thing
but if they had actually managed to pull off the facial expressions
they claimed he had, he probably would have been a far more interesting character.

[quote name='leeloo1977']I agree with you 100% here, I read a datalog entry that said
the young boy looked at Snow with hate and loathing
and I almost laughed. I personally like the character of Hope since I can relate to the
mother/son thing
but if they had actually managed to pull off the facial expressions
they claimed he had, he probably would have been a far more interesting character.
[/QUOTE]
your mom died trying to protect the city too?

[quote name='GUNNM']your mom died trying to protect the city too?[/QUOTE]

dude, WTF use a spoiler tag. Anyhow, I hate Hope so far.
He is the winiest little bitch. Even at the point I am at, 11 hours in when he "toughens up" he still annoys the crap out of me. I actually find myself saying "yeah right Hope, WTF are you gonna do about it" to the TV lol. Still like Vanille, and I am sure she is much deeper and more complex/intelligent than she has let on so far with her seemingly carefree attitude.

[quote name='alexanderpink']dude, WTF use a spoiler tag. Anyhow, I hate Hope so far.
He is the winiest little bitch. Even at the point I am at, 11 hours in when he "toughens up" he still annoys the crap out of me. I actually find myself saying "yeah right Hope, WTF are you gonna do about it" to the TV lol. Still like Vanille, and I am sure she is much deeper and more complex/intelligent than she has let on so far with her seemingly carefree attitude.
[/QUOTE]

It's in the first 10 minutes of the game, I'd hardly consider it a spoiler. That's like saying "Vanille moans a lot" is a spoiler.

[quote name='alexanderpink']dude, WTF use a spoiler tag. Anyhow, I hate Hope so far.
[/QUOTE]

TBH he is getting on my nerves as well, I like the idea of the character, but they really messed up in his actual character development.

Edited to add ~ It is hard to care about a character who is so annoying

[quote name='mywhitenoise']It's in the first 10 minutes of the game, I'd hardly consider it a spoiler. That's like saying "Vanille moans a lot" is a spoiler.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. A spoiler by definition is a story point. It takes a few seconds to spoiler tag a post. The people who choose not to are lazy asses and inconsiderate.

[/QUOTE]

So edit your post to remove his spoiler.

The reason they didn't include the Japanese audio is that all the cutscenes were re-rendered with lip-synch for the English audio. It's not as simple as switching out a sound track.

bread's done
Back