Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']lol, all you haters make me laugh!

I think the 360's shots look better anyway.

Again, there is more to factor in than just graphics. If you're an XBL Gold subscriber on 360 you can easily download DLC while playing your single player game. You can also join party chats to conversate with friends--to talk about the game, keep from getting bored, or whatever other reason. Even if not XBL Gold subscriber you can use the 'Private Chat' feature to talk with other friends. These are just a few things why I would get the 360 version over PS3 if I had an option.

FAYI, I've owned a PS3 and it's not worth it to keep over the 360 considering it's small library. They take forever to put out games and in the end their biggest exclusives have come to the 360. Sorry but if this one multiplat is 'better' in terms of graphics, since many of you are only considering graphics, it is still not worth it to have a $300 PS3 for ONE game with better graphics and a few mediocre exclusives.

Also, PS3 released for $600 close to 4 years ago and people bought their console just waiting mainly on this what was exclusive, well now it's on 360 and of course they think it looks better on PS3.

Get lives or get 360, haters.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on being the first person to make my ignore list on CAG. After coming across your posts on multiple threads, it's quite obvious that you prefer the Xbox 360 to PS3. That's cool, to each his own. But you don't have to spam EVERY DAMN POST you make on the forum with how you perceive your Xbox 360 is better, especially when your posts are lies. Right, PS3 has a small library cuz PS3 has no games, amirite? Do you live in 2006? I can't believe you can be so ignorant while calling other people names like "haters." So you're a fanboy and a racist - bye, I don't ever have to read your posts again.

Again, there is more to factor in than just graphics. If you're an XBL Gold subscriber on 360 you can easily download DLC while playing your single player game. You can also join party chats to conversate with friends--to talk about the game, keep from getting bored, or whatever other reason. Even if not XBL Gold subscriber you can use the 'Private Chat' feature to talk with other friends. These are just a few things why I would get the 360 version over PS3 if I had an option.

FAYI, I've owned a PS3 and it's not worth it to keep over the 360 considering it's small library. They take forever to put out games and in the end their biggest exclusives have come to the 360. Sorry but if this one multiplat is 'better' in terms of graphics, since many of you are only considering graphics, it is still not worth it to have a $300 PS3 for ONE game with better graphics and a few mediocre exclusives.

Also, PS3 released for $600 close to 4 years ago and people bought their console just waiting mainly on this what was exclusive, well now it's on 360 and of course they think it looks better on PS3.

Here are a few advantages to the PS3 version of Final Fantasy that you need to consider:

- It looks and sounds better, which you already mentioned. But one of the best things about the Final Fantasy series is the art and just overall how good it looks. So graphics is very important to someone who has been playing the Final Fantasy series for a long time (like myself). Even if the difference is small.
- It is only one disc. For me, this fact alone warrants my purchase of the PS3 version. I don't know about you, but the multi-disc Final Fantasies of the past were a real pain in the ass.
-The d-pad on the 360 controller sucks. I'm assuming menu navigation in the game will use the d-pad, so advantage PS3.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out on the PS3. I'm hoping for some bonus for owning both games on the same console :) I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening.

I think it is hard to argue the benefit of xbox live for most single-player games... for me, it's just not a factor. If I am playing Final Fantasy XIII, I'm sure as hell not going to be doing anything else anyways, especially chatting with friends.

I'm not a fanboy or anything... I own all three current-gen consoles as well as a gaming PC. If you don't have a PC and you want to play an FPS, 360 is definitely the way to go, hands down. The PS3 controller absolutely sucks for FPS's imo, and the 360 has way more FPS games. But since I have a PC... my xbox 360 collects dust ;).

You aren't the other half and I never said that I only buy American. But when American is the better product and in competitive price, I definitely encourage all to buy American as I do. Why would I go for the worse product that is giving all money to other countries that don't give a damn about us? I wouldn't.

As for the guy who put me on ignore, lol at that long post. Who the fuck are you anyway?

[quote name='plutoknight']Those aren't gameplay shots though. The in-game cutscenes are always going to look a lot better than the actual gameplay.

I'm getting PS3 regardless since..well..that's all I own. But the difference is quite jarring on the 360 during battles and such. It still looks GREAT, but it seems SE just can't get a handle on this 360 thing.[/QUOTE]

You didn't read the whole article did you? The 360 version has an ever slight advantage during gameplay since the framerate drops a bit more at times on the PS3 over the 360 version.

The simple fact is both versions look fantastic and you can't go wrong with either one.

I think the 360's shots look better anyway.....*more idiotic fanboy nonsense*
[/QUOTE]
/sigh, you might need glasses. The PS3 version looks ever so slightly better, but that doesn't mean that the 360 is a bad version (like the shitty title of the Eurogame/digitalfoundry suggests.)

It seems I'm about the only multi-console owner in this discussion. I'm going to wait for a few more reviews to make up my final mind but at this point I'm 90% sure I will stick with the 360 version for the fact that the PS3 version isn't *that* much better visually.

Jesus H. Christ!

First this post from the Super Street Fighter 4 thread
[quote name='phantasyx']Why doesn't anyone get that they NEED to release this game because they tweaked all the characters attacks and moves so that its more fair? If they changed all the characters moves in SF4 then everyone would get pissed because its not the same. This game should get a 10 out of 10 because its technically a NEW game, each character now has 2 Ultra combos to choose from as well with moveset adjustments. I hate people who are stupid. I'm getting this at GS for 35 new I would have gladly payed 60 for this without a peep. (I've got well over 200 hours logged just from vs. with my friends)[/QUOTE]
And now this post from this thread:

Please, someone tell me these people are trolls attempting to achieve their master status.
No one can be this damn stupid. Maybe the idiots make the best trolls.

What. The. Hell.
i am gettin trolled hard in CAG. Its just too damn much...

Wow, first time I seen another CAG from Newark. What part of Newark?

You're getting trolled hard? I'm not a troll you fool I'm speaking the truth. I don't know how long you've been saving that phantasy quote but that's lame and that guy seems like a fool.

[quote name='spoo']

It seems I'm about the only multi-console owner in this discussion. I'm going to wait for a few more reviews to make up my final mind but at this point I'm 90% sure I will stick with the 360 version for the fact that the PS3 version isn't *that* much better visually.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. All this shit with FFXIII is getting out of control. It's like a political debate, everyone seems like they are so diehard for one side and trying to get you to accept their point of view. Everyone just wants to jump on the other system for being at fault. I'll personally be waiting till launch to see what all the reviewers say, graphics aren't the only thing that makes a game.

[quote name='InFlames215']-The d-pad on the 360 controller sucks. I'm assuming menu navigation in the game will use the d-pad, so advantage PS3.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your other points, this one is pretty dumb :p

Also, XIII wasn't coming to 360 originally either, so it's hard to say if Versus is even still exclusive.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Wow, first time I seen another CAG from Newark. What part of Newark?

You're getting trolled hard? I'm not a troll you fool I'm speaking the truth. I don't know how long you've been saving that phantasy quote but that's lame and that guy seems like a fool.[/QUOTE]
yep
newark is quite the place. i live a few blocks to Penn Station.
well, now you met another CAG from Newark. last post on that page.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70476&page=21

and no i have not been saving his post. He just posted that a few days ago on the super street fighter 4 thread.
his post got my complete attention. i cant believe people think like him. that thread is full of failure.

and i am getting trolled hard because i find these similar type of posts in 4chan's /v/. However, i do know those bastards are trolls. All of them, no exceptions.
Your post and and his post reminded me /v/ quality type of posting...in CAG.

[quote name='Warlock82']While I agree with your other points, this one is pretty dumb :p

[/QUOTE]

I have a 360 mainly for the RPGs (and a wired 360 controller for PC) and I like the 360 controller a lot more because it just fits my hands better.

However, that D pad really is an issue especially in menu driven RPGs... especially when you start getting comfortable with going through the menu without thinking, the D-pad almost always fail me.

To me, while I won't consider this to be a deal breaker, (well... I am PS3 main anyway) using the d-pad always remind me of with ball mouse, always fighting against it to get to the right place.

[quote name='GUNNM']he's not a troll or a fanboy[/QUOTE]

He's definitely both. You can also add "pathetic", "moron", "dumbass", "racist", ignorant", and "fool" to the list.
I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet.

[quote name='spoo']You didn't read the whole article did you? The 360 version has an ever slight advantage during gameplay since the framerate drops a bit more at times on the PS3 over the 360 version.

The simple fact is both versions look fantastic and you can't go wrong with either one.

/sigh, you might need glasses. The PS3 version looks ever so slightly better, but that doesn't mean that the 360 is a bad version (like the shitty title of the Eurogame/digitalfoundry suggests.)

It seems I'm about the only multi-console owner in this discussion. I'm going to wait for a few more reviews to make up my final mind but at this point I'm 90% sure I will stick with the 360 version for the fact that the PS3 version isn't *that* much better visually.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you need to re-read the article. The gameplay itself might be pretty close on both consoles, but the resolution and compression on the cut scenes (which, let's be honest is why most of us play the FF series at this point) is pretty markedly superior on the PS3. I have all three major consoles and I typically buy 360 because most 360 versions are as good if not better than the comparable PS3 version, but not in this particular case. Tha's not to say that the 360 version won't be good, but if you really do have a choice because you own both consoles and the price and everything else is equal, the PS3 seems to be the way to go in this particular case.

the texture filtering is better on 360

but that is pretty much the only thing the 360 port is superior, framerate is close though

PS3 version has better native resolution, self-shadowing, 1080p FMVs, no disk swapping

therefore ppl with two consoles should buy the superior version: FFXIII PS3

On the other hand, the PS3 only ppl have been playing inferior ports for 4 years, since when do you begin to care for multiplatform comparison like us graphics whore?

[quote name='opterasis']I can't help but wonder how many people that are making noise about the differences actually have an HD sound setup, or an HDTV big enough (or they sit close enough when they play) to even notice those differences.[/QUOTE]

I only say this because you are wondering, but I have a $3000 Klipsch surround system with an Onkyo TX-SR606 and a 50 inch plasma that I sit about 14 feet away from (Small houses in Okinawa, not this close by choice). So yes, it really does matter to me, though i cant speak for others posting about the same thing ;)

and let me add this: personally, I am glad there is a 360 version, never said it should be exclusive. my brother only owns a 360 and im glad he is going to be able to play this game and we can BS about it on XBL when we party chat. But since i have a choice between the two versions, i will be choosing the ps3 version because it is superior. The degree of its superiority makes no difference to me, whether it is by a single texture or a better encoded audio track, it makes no difference to me. If given a choice, i will always choose the better option if they are the same price.

The technology behind the game isn't as impressive as the art, but it still does a good job of bringing the world to life. Textures and cutscenes are surprisingly blurry at times, and the game lacks the high-resolution crispness of its PlayStation 3 counterpart. Yet Final Fantasy XIII still looks lovely, and few rare frame rate drops aside, nearly every battle and every leg of the journey moves fluidly. In combat, party members and monsters flit about the battle arena while damage numbers float about and bright spell effects saturate the screen.

From Gamespot's review for 360. It is not as crisp but that is it. End this silly debate you guys are having and just play the freaking game when it comes out and enjoy it.

Links to the reviews:

:ps3: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/review.html

:360: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy13/review.html

[quote name='Xerosaber']I only say this because you are wondering, but I have a $3000 Klipsch surround system with an Onkyo TX-SR606 and a 50 inch plasma that I sit about 14 feet away from (Small houses in Okinawa, not this close by choice). So yes, it really does matter to me, though i cant speak for others posting about the same thing ;)

and let me add this: personally, I am glad there is a 360 version, never said it should be exclusive. my brother only owns a 360 and im glad he is going to be able to play this game and we can BS about it on XBL when we party chat. But since i have a choice between the two versions, i will be choosing the ps3 version because it is superior. The degree of its superiority makes no difference to me, whether it is by a single texture or a better encoded audio track, it makes no difference to me. If given a choice, i will always choose the better option if they are the same price.[/QUOTE]

I too have a 52 inch lcd and both a PS3 and 360 and completely agree with you. I think it's great that 360 owners will also have an opportunity to enjoy this title. But I will go with the superior version. Like you said even if it is just slightly better encoded audio or a single texture. That still makes it superior.

The only people who would argue this point are those who either don't own both a 360 and PS3 or are going to play on an SDTV and no surround sound. In the later case the advantages of the PS3 version would not be perceivable.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sorry, but you need to re-read the article. The gameplay itself might be pretty close on both consoles. [/QUOTE]

You need to reread my posts and the quote boxes above my posts.

I was replying to someone that said the battles on the 360 is what suffers on the 360 version. The article states that the 360 version runs a tad more stable in the gameplay sections of the game. I'm not ignoring the fact that the article states that everything besides the HUD and menus are at a lower resolution but the article gave props to the 360 running a hair smoother. On paper and screenshots the PS3 version looks better but if you watch the side by side videos the difference is so minimal and to the untrained eye one would call them equal.

[quote name='bojay1997']The resolution and compression on the cut scenes (which, let's be honest is why most of us play the FF series at this point) is pretty markedly superior on the PS3. [/QUOTE] I will agree that is the icing on the cake but I play Final Fantasy games for the whole package and the combat, collecting and leveling up is the meat of the games and the main reason why I enjoy them so much. I guess I'm not the normal FF player but more of a FF fan. Like I said I'm going to wait for some more comparisons before I make my final decision when I pick up the game on Tuesday but FMV and very minor graphic differences isn't a good enough reason for me to not buy the 360 version yet. I might even buy the 360 version and gamefly the PS3 version or vice versa.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']
On the other hand, the PS3 only ppl have been playing inferior ports for 4 years, since when do you begin to care for multiplatform comparison like us graphics whore?[/QUOTE]

it's like the dumb kid in class who finally gets one right...the teacher gets all excited and overpraises him.

The price never drops back and it never shows up in my goldbox :(
I think I will go ahead and pre-order it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Hoooray!! My CE from HMV shipped today :D

Hopefully it shows up next week!!! :)[/QUOTE]

I had one reserved at HMV too but i just couldnt wait to play it, so i decided to purchase from gameslop instead with racked up credit.

As expected, Final Fantasy XIII is getting panned by some Western reviewers. Can't blame them, I personally think it's the weakest entry in the series. The battle system and beautiful visuals are its saving grace, everything else is pretty weak. Enjoy the game, everyone.

This game has been advertised so much and for so long that the novelty has worn off. I was hyped during and before december, but it quickly diminished. I don't feel like playing the game anymore. One of the things I like most about Final Fantasy isn't even in the game (i.e. - exploring new towns whenver I reach them).

I still plan to get it, but probably much later when the price drops a lot.

I like Nintendo's stance on advertisement. Capcom isn't so bad either.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Anyone order from Amazon ship yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, still "Not Yet Shipped" (and I do have release date delivery)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']He's definitely both. You can also add "pathetic", "moron", "dumbass", "racist", ignorant", and "fool" to the list.
I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet.[/QUOTE]
You're the ignorant, dumbass fool. What have I done here that would warrant a ban?

How did I become a racist?

You're a loser whitenoise.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Anyone order from Amazon ship yet?[/QUOTE]

If the past experience is any sign, people that chose release day delivery won't see theirs ship until Monday.

Well I finally broke down and pre-ordered, I havent payed a FF since FFVII. Since these reviews have started coming in, I couldnt hold out anymore. I need this day one!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well I finally broke down and pre-ordered, I havent payed a FF since FFVII. Since these reviews have started coming in, I couldnt hold out anymore. I need this day one![/QUOTE]

Funny. The reviews had the exact opposite effect on me. I've been looking forward to this game for some time now, but the reviews I've seen have cooled my anticipation.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well I finally broke down and pre-ordered, I havent payed a FF since FFVII. Since these reviews have started coming in, I couldnt hold out anymore. I need this day one![/QUOTE]

You decided to pre-order because of the reviews released? I thought about cancelling it when I learned that the game is linear with next to zero exploration, and finally cancelled it when I saw some of the reviews this morning.

I remember there being a video on youtube that told you EVERYTHING you needed to know about the tv show lost so people that wanted to start watching season 6 could w/out being confused . Does anyone know of a video for me to watch for FF13 because I have NEVER played a single final fantasy game before?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I remember there being a video on youtube that told you EVERYTHING you needed to know about the tv show lost so people that wanted to start watching season 6 could w/out being confused . Does anyone know of a video for me to watch for FF13 because I have NEVER played a single final fantasy game before?[/QUOTE]

FF13's story doesnt have anything to do with the other 12 games, so you will be fine even if it is your first FF game

[quote name='earvcunanan']As expected, Final Fantasy XIII is getting panned by some Western reviewers. Can't blame them, I personally think it's the weakest entry in the series. The battle system and beautiful visuals are its saving grace, everything else is pretty weak. Enjoy the game, everyone.[/QUOTE]
worse than x-2?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I remember there being a video on youtube that told you EVERYTHING you needed to know about the tv show lost so people that wanted to start watching season 6 could w/out being confused . Does anyone know of a video for me to watch for FF13 because I have NEVER played a single final fantasy game before?[/QUOTE]

Each Final Fantasy game has its own stand alone story and are not interrelated. So you won't have to worry about not playing any of the other Final Fantasy games.

Of course there are a few exceptions such as Final Fantasy X-2, but FFXIII is not the case.

[quote name='monkeydoodle']You decided to pre-order because of the reviews released? I thought about cancelling it when I learned that the game is linear with next to zero exploration, and finally cancelled it when I saw some of the reviews this morning.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone demands the open ended game play of Oblivion in their RPGs.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Not everyone demands the open ended game play of Oblivion in their RPGs.[/QUOTE]

I assume your exaggerating.

But I just want to point out that I find Oblivion to be very boring, where the exploration doesn't seem to reward anything that's worth it. I find it highly unpolished. (I never finished it and traded it back in to Amazon).

Traditionally, Final Fantasy is more limited in exploration, but there's some enjoyment and cool stuff to find. (Even though I do think it could still be done better).

My point is that the exploration in Final Fantasy was of a different species. And the exploration is one of those things that distinguished Final Fantasy from the other games. At least that's how I felt. Although in my case, I'm referring to exploring the awesome towns.

[quote name='GUNNM']worse than x-2?[/QUOTE]

What's with holding every FF title to some absurd expectation to be amazing and tailor-made just for you? X-2 might have been very different and ~disappointing~ as a sequel to X, but it was hell of a lot better than the half-assed games other developers put out.

Not talking about you specifically, but if anyone is a fan of FF, I don't think there's any one iteration of it that you can really "hate" and bitch about all day. They're all pretty damn good.

This thread has turned for the worst. What is it about Final Fantasy that brings out the worst in fanboyism? It's really pathetic.

I have a mental image of that overweight uberdork who hangs out at gamestop and not only keeps the employees from tending to paying customers, but also insists on relaying unsolicited "facts" about games because "his uncle works for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/etc." and/or because he "imported it from Japan and has already beaten it like five times." All of those people convening on this thread and duking it out. Please, oh please, go back to gamefaqs.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']This thread has turned for the worst. What is it about Final Fantasy that brings out the worst in fanboyism? It's really pathetic.

I have a mental image of that overweight uberdork who hangs out at gamestop and not only keeps the employees from tending to paying customers, but also insists on relaying unsolicited "facts" about games because "his uncle works for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/etc." and/or because he "imported it from Japan and has already beaten it like five times." All of those people convening on this thread and duking it out. Please, oh please, go back to gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]

I love this post. Thank you! :applause:

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']This thread has turned for the worst. What is it about Final Fantasy that brings out the worst in fanboyism? It's really pathetic.

I have a mental image of that overweight uberdork who hangs out at gamestop and not only keeps the employees from tending to paying customers, but also insists on relaying unsolicited "facts" about games because "his uncle works for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/etc." and/or because he "imported it from Japan and has already beaten it like five times." All of those people convening on this thread and duking it out. Please, oh please, go back to gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]

*is a regular on gamefaqs*

hey..............

[quote name='LackeyZero']I assume your exaggerating.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was. It just amazes me how much complaining has been done about the game being too linear.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']This thread has turned for the worst. What is it about Final Fantasy that brings out the worst in fanboyism?[/QUOTE]

The games change so much from sequel to sequel that everyone has one that they love and one that they hate. They always want the next game to be like the one they love and not the one they hate or feel lukewarm towards. IMO they should just go play that one they like so much.

bread's done
Back