Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, and it says shipping estimate is March 15. I ordered with FSSS so maybe that is why, but if it's really not shipping for another week I will have to go get this at the store. Did any of you guys have a shipping estimate a week away before it shipped today?

[quote name='alexanderpink']Mine hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, and it says shipping estimate is March 15. I ordered with FSSS so maybe that is why, but if it's really not shipping for another week I will have to go get this at the store. Did any of you guys have a shipping estimate a week away before it shipped today?[/QUOTE]

FSSS is always estimated out to like if the game runs out or the warehouse burns down or something. Almost guaranteed to get it earlier than the estimates say.

I swear RDD stuff doesn't ship until late the night before or the day of for me...and they use some weird delivery service to send it to me...it's not fedex or UPS...hell, with MW2 it was some guy in a van...LOL...on the plus side I do always get it on release day.

Alot of times they really have shipped it but the email hasn't been sent out yet... Just wait until late tonight before you panic.

This is from Bioshock 2 RDD. They didnt ship it til 1:30 am

BEMIDJI, MN, US 02/09/2010 1:29 P.M. DELIVERY
02/09/2010 11:39 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
02/09/2010 10:23 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN MINNEAPOLIS, MN, US 02/09/2010 9:09 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2010 9:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
02/09/2010 3:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/09/2010 3:49 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2010 1:13 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget what it was I ordered, but I once saw my item move in the *opposite* direction from where I live (I'm in Nebraska, it moved from Kansas to Oklahoma). It got here on time somehow, but I noticed the tracker stopped updating until it was in my city. Funny how that works. UPS is usually the worst at this, though I also hate USPS (which might as well not even have tracking as they don't update it).

I miss DHL :( Whenever Amazon shipped with them, sometimes I'd actually get the items *early* - as in, before it was in stores (this was with free supersaver shipping too). It was nice.

Mine hasn't shipped either. I intend to do what I did last time: call Amazon, complain that the terms of Release Date Delivery haven't been met (as I won't be receiving my copy until atleast the day after release), and have them refund me the cost of Release shipping (even though I get this free with my Prime trial).

It worked fine for me with Mass Effect 2, I don't foresee any issues this time as Amazon is quite fair over the phone.

Look what I got early! :D No it wasn't from amazon. Someone broke street today. :D My :ps3: copy is coming tomorrow.

picture.php

It looks like Amazon automatically qualifies you for release date delivery if available because I had an existing order with two-day shipping but I'm getting the game tomorrow... or at least it looks that way.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Look what I got early! :D No it wasn't from amazon. Someone broke street today. :D My :ps3: copy is coming tomorrow.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Change your custom title to March 8.5! :)

If they still had that option available when you ordered, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get it tomorrow. Some people's copies haven't even shipped yet. Mine did though about an hour ago. :)

Yeah, if you opt in for RDD, you should get it before anyone else, even if you have Prime (Which btw, offers it for free).

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, if you opt in for RDD, you should get it before anyone else, even if you have Prime (Which btw, offers it for free).[/QUOTE]

The problem is existing orders with even one item shipping stops the shipping preference to the one you chose first. Two-day shipping was my only choice (as a Prime member). I really hope Amazon does move your shipping up if it's available...

People who ordered it FSSS only get theirs early or on release date if the shipping center is close. For me, FSSS goes to USPS so you're at the mercy of the mail. It really depends. It's not guaranteed. RDD is guaranteed via UPS though. Amazon has never failed me.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Look what I got early! :D No it wasn't from amazon. Someone broke street today. :D My :ps3: copy is coming tomorrow.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Why exactly did you by both versions?

[quote name='Hostile']The problem is existing orders with even one item shipping stops the shipping preference to the one you chose first. Two-day shipping was my only choice (as a Prime member). I really hope Amazon does move your shipping up if it's available...[/QUOTE]

I opted for RDD, and because it's been "shipping soon" for the past 12 hours, I can't cancel it if I want to go to Gamestop at midnight.

hey they finally shipped it. Its UPS, so someone needs to be home to receive it huh? My house is gated, Its not like it can be left right at my door step.

[quote name='hypertek']hey they finally shipped it. Its UPS, so someone needs to be home to receive it huh? My house is gated, Its not like it can be left right at my door step.[/QUOTE]

UPS typically rings my doorbell and leaves it there.

Anyways, I assume I'll get it late in the afternoon tomorrow if it still hasn't shipped yet.

Amazon has 25 minutes left before I take my business elsewhere and I return the game when I get it and get my money back. Sitting at "Shipping Soon" for 13 hours is ridiculous.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Why exactly did you by both versions?[/QUOTE]

A) Cuz I wanted to

B) Cuz I can

C) I love and collect all things Final Fantasy

D) Technically I will have 4 different copies of the game. One on each, the CE on :ps3: and the import of the :ps3:

[quote name='KingBroly']Amazon has 25 minutes left before I take my business elsewhere and I return the game when I get it and get my money back. Sitting at "Shipping Soon" for 13 hours is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

You don't think it will get to you by tomorrow?

Not at this rate I don't, and even if I do, it'll be around 7pm tomorrow night.

We usually have 2 UPS trucks visit our area. One comes at around 10am, the other around 6-8pm.

[quote name='KingBroly']Amazon has 25 minutes left before I take my business elsewhere and I return the game when I get it and get my money back. Sitting at "Shipping Soon" for 13 hours is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I'm in NY and Amazon has shipped a "release date" game at 1 something am on the day I was suppose to get it and I received it on time. They also might have shipped it already and it didn't update on your account for some reason.

Have faith fellow CAG, I hope all goes well.

[quote name='KingBroly']Not at this rate I don't, and even if I do, it'll be around 7pm tomorrow night.

We usually have 2 UPS trucks visit our area. One comes at around 10am, the other around 6-8pm.[/QUOTE]

They shipped my BF:BC 2 late last week (it was like 6:30 or 7:00 pacific time). I had it on my doorstep around 2:30 ish the next day. I am not anywhere near a distribution center either

[quote name='USB Cable']I'm in NY and Amazon has shipped a "release date" game at 1 something am on the day I was suppose to get it and I received it on time. They also might have shipped it already and it didn't update on your account for some reason.

Have faith fellow CAG, I hope all goes well.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's shipped because I haven't gotten a single notification about anything, including the $10 credit.

I'm still waiting as well.

You guys realize that Amazon's order status isn't always up-to-the-second. It could have shipped already but the status just hasn't updated yet.

[quote name='KingBroly']I doubt it's shipped because I haven't gotten a single notification about anything, including the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]Read my post above... I had RDD on Bioshock 2. They didnt ship it til 1:30am on release day (didnt get the email til then) and it didnt leave the origin until almost 4am and i still got it at 1:30pm that day.

Mine shipped early this morning and is already on its way.. some place in Washington and i live in Oregon.. i should drive up and get it :p

[quote name='Shippuden']where is the game credit stored at? i'm checking my account and can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

As always, allow 2-ish days for it to appear.

[quote name='KingBroly']I doubt it's shipped because I haven't gotten a single notification about anything, including the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]
Take a deep breath bro, you'll get it tomorrow. Mine has not shipped yet either, actually none of the RDD's I have ordered have shipped early. My orders always ship in the late evening and always get to me on time.

PS- You cant cancel a order when it is in that status of "items shipping soon", in that situation you would need to wait until you received the game then you would need to send it back to Amazon before you get a refund.

[quote name='Shippuden']where is the game credit stored at? i'm checking my account and can't find anything.[/QUOTE]
The only way I know to check is to add a game to your cart and proceed through the checkout, when you're asked for payment options you'll see the credit on that screen.

Your game credit is added to your account, you should recieve a email from them telling you about it and as far as I know is good for games only.

Yahoo. Shipped and arriving tomorrow! Shipping via Fed Ex which is great, since they usually hit up between 10a-Noon here. UPS always shows up past 5pm for me, so thank god it shows fed ex. YAY!

bread's done
Back