Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to check the status of mine and realized I never pre-ordered it!?!?!?!?!?! Jackass. Ordered the guide and forgot to order the game....looks like I'm stuck going to gamestop tonight :(

[quote name='Brother Daz']Take a deep breath bro, you'll get it tomorrow. Mine has not shipped yet either, actually none of the RDD's I have ordered have shipped early. My orders always ship in the late evening and always get to me on time.

PS- You cant cancel a order when it is in that status of "items shipping soon", in that situation you would need to wait until you received the game then you would need to send it back to Amazon before you get a refund.[/QUOTE]

I know that. That's what's making this so irritating. That and it's up to 14 hours being labeled as "Shipping Soon". 14 hours isn't exactly "soon" in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me, it'll get there tomorrow. I've ordered a ton of games (at least 10+) from Amazon using release date delivery. Often they don't ship until very, very late at night, but they ship it UPS Overnight, and every single time, without exception, I've gotten my order on release date.

mine shipped via fedex.
Of course "shipped" really means "Shipment received by carrier - Mar 08, 2010 6:20:00 PM "
At least its being shipped from delaware to me(florida) So it should be here tomorrow afternoon
I just checked fed ex site

Service type Standard Overnight.

Ive only ever had one game not show up With RDD. It was Uncharted 2 and it hadnt arrived a week after it released so I called them and they overnighted me a brand new copy. A week or so later I got the original shipment and returned it to them. That was the only time though.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Trust me, it'll get there tomorrow. I've ordered a ton of games (at least 10+) from Amazon using release date delivery. Often they don't ship until very, very late at night, but they ship it UPS Overnight, and every single time, without exception, I've gotten my order on release date.[/QUOTE]
Yep. EVERY TIME there's a game releasing every one's ALWAYS going crazy about their game not shipping yet. Usually, you don't get the shipping notification until about 9pm.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me from experience: Is it possible to purchase a copy at Target tomorrow morning, play that copy throughout the day, and return my Amazon copy to Target later (unopened, of course) with the same receipt? I've never tried this, but I can't think of any way they would know it's not the same copy :/

[quote name='Temidien']Hopefully someone can answer this for me from experience: Is it possible to purchase a copy at Target tomorrow morning, play that copy throughout the day, and return my Amazon copy to Target later (unopened, of course) with the same receipt? I've never tried this, but I can't think of any way they would know it's not the same copy :/[/QUOTE]

Just know that you'd have to return the gift card from Target, too. Unless the Amazon and Target versions have different UPCs (working at Wal-Mart, I know sometimes movies get Wal-Mart specific UPCs, or Target-specific UPCs, not sure about video games)..

...Damn. That's a pretty good idea. haha.

[quote name='Temidien']Hopefully someone can answer this for me from experience: Is it possible to purchase a copy at Target tomorrow morning, play that copy throughout the day, and return my Amazon copy to Target later (unopened, of course) with the same receipt? I've never tried this, but I can't think of any way they would know it's not the same copy :/[/QUOTE]

I did this with ODST at Target without any issue. Out of the many games I've ordered with RDD, only ODST didnt make it on time.

[quote name='Easystride']I did this with ODST at Target without any issue. Out of the many games I've ordered with RDD, only ODST didnt make it on time.[/QUOTE]
I forgot about the ODST thing, damn I was pretty pissed off that day!

[quote name='Easystride']I did this with ODST at Target without any issue. Out of the many games I've ordered with RDD, only ODST didnt make it on time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='plutoknight']Just know that you'd have to return the gift card from Target, too. Unless the Amazon and Target versions have different UPCs (working at Wal-Mart, I know sometimes movies get Wal-Mart specific UPCs, or Target-specific UPCs, not sure about video games)..

...Damn. That's a pretty good idea. haha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I forgot about the ODST thing, damn I was pretty pissed off that day![/QUOTE]

Great, thanks guys!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']A) Cuz I wanted to

B) Cuz I can

C) I love and collect all things Final Fantasy

D) Technically I will have 4 different copies of the game. One on each, the CE on :ps3: and the import of the :ps3:[/QUOTE]

smh... thats just overkill.

[quote name='KingBroly']It STILL hasn't shipped. What kind of liquor are they drinking instead of shipping my game?[/QUOTE]

There is a HUGE Lag between Amazon's tracking info and your carriers tracking info it seems. Amazon still says my package is in Kansas,.......but it just left Tulsa according to UPS.

I'm gonna be all shaky at school tomorrow because I'll be dying to get home and get the game from the mail, open the game, and pop it in my PS3. D:

I got the email 15 minutes ago confirming it finally shipped.

For some reason I can't find it on my order's list now though... it's gone 0_o

Shipped! Yippee! It is shipped next day air from a warehouse super close to me, UPS usually delivers at about 12:30 pm here. I am pretty excited!

[quote name='plutoknight']There is a HUGE Lag between Amazon's tracking info and your carriers tracking info it seems. Amazon still says my package is in Kansas,.......but it just left Tulsa according to UPS.[/QUOTE]

17 hours at the same status is not what I consider to be "lag".

[quote name='leeloo1977']Shipped! Yippee! It is shipped next day air from a warehouse super close to me, UPS usually delivers at about 12:30 pm here. I am pretty excited![/QUOTE]
I hate you lol. UPS usually delivers around 7-9pm here, it sucks when it's something I want this bad.

[quote name='USB Cable']I hate you lol. UPS usually delivers around 7-9pm her, it sucks when it's something I want this bad.[/QUOTE]

lol it's going to kind of suck though because I have an appointment that I am so very much not looking forward to at 1:30 pm so I am going to have to wait to play till I get home. But at least it should get here before I leave so I can know it is here, safe and ready for me to play!

Yeah it was shipped out at 6:30 PM, and I didn't get the email until 8:36 PM.

Getting the guide and the game tomorrow, and hopefully the soundtrack later this week. I'm going to finish this game before Sunday.

Best spring break ever :cool:

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Why exactly did you by both versions?[/QUOTE]
Because he's a cheap ass gamer. Isn't it obvious?

I just ordered mine today. Won't get here until next Monday (yea, I used free shipping). I should not have procrastinated on this.

Now I'm not sure what to use my $10 credit on. White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, God of War III...

darkstalkers tribute and LE guide tomorrow, game wednesday =/ I had to put up the rental copy at work tonight, BBV, after we closed. I hated having to put it down and walk away.

mine is still "shipping soon"

amazon's free shipping has gotten better for me over my last few orders. i got bad company 2 on wednesday and it didnt ship til early tuesday (like 2am). it helps that amazon usually ships games out for me from nevada

Stupid thing finally shipped. Thanks for keeping me twisting in the wind, Amazon
obvious sarcasm
. I'll never get RDD from you ever again (I know they read this forum). I know it won't get here before the 10th.

since i like posting off topic sorta, if anyone wants to send me the SE registration code from the 360 version of the game, PM me. $2.50 could be yours.

[quote name='Temidien']Great, thanks guys![/QUOTE]
DON'T BUY FROM TARGET INTENDING TO RETURN A GAME YOU GET DELIVERED!

I just tried this with my MLB2k10 that I had shipped free from Gamestop. I took the game I got from Gamestop delivered and went to have it returned. They told me after they scanned it that it wasn't their game. They didn't give me a tough time and they did the return, but only because they decided to override everything. It did take a good five minutes of unnecessary time.

They did the return, but I wouldn't try with Target ever again. Also free shipping of the game came on Friday which isn't a long wait at all, so I'm going to wait for FF.

So um...my package went from Tulsa OK (5 hours away from me current location) to Louisville, KY.

I feel like UPS is doing this to me on purpose. XD

[quote name='plutoknight']So um...my package went from Tulsa OK (5 hours away from me current location) to Louisville, KY.
[/QUOTE]
same
I live in Texas

[quote name='GUNNM']same
I live in Texas[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here....just north of Dallas.

Why waste the gas throwing the game on a plane to Kentucky. Most of hte time, say, with FSSS, if it comes from Kansas, it goes, from Kansas to Dallas then up north a bit then my house.

I'm not worried, and as long as it hits my delivery location by Friday I'm good.

[quote name='plutoknight']Yep, same here....just north of Dallas.

Why waste the gas throwing the game on a plane to Kentucky. Most of hte time, say, with FSSS, if it comes from Kansas, it goes, from Kansas to Dallas then up north a bit then my house.

I'm not worried, and as long as it hits my delivery location by Friday I'm good.[/QUOTE]
I'm bored, I'll try to explain this to you.

Why would they put all of the games on a truck that are going for your area in Texas? Instead they put all of the stuff they make onto trucks to a sorting facility. Then they can sort out all of the orders and set different trucks to different locations and packages.

They aren't just carrying your one game when they drive 5 hours from your house, they aren't just carrying your neighbors things and the guy next door either.

I live in NJ and I think my stuff goes to KY too.

[quote name='plutoknight']So um...my package went from Tulsa OK (5 hours away from me current location) to Louisville, KY. [/QUOTE]

lol....same here

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Midnight openings are sweet. Yum yum yum. AFK![/QUOTE]

Yes they are. Got the game and guide from BB and been playing for an hour :cool:. Man, the CG in this game is insane. Hope everyone enjoys this long awaited game as much as I have so far.

Looks like I'm going to get a copy from Best Buy then return the one I get from Amazon to them, because I will most certainly not be getting my copy from Amazon today. It hasn't even left their distribution center, and it's only an hour behind scan wise (last scan was at 2:29am).

My game and my LE guide should be here today. Both are in Sparks, NV which is probably like 5 hours away from my city in CA.

My guide is in Vegas scheduled for delivery on the 10th, and my game is in Ontario scheduled for delivery on the 9th.

I don't get how their distribution works..... The center in Vegas is 10 miles away from me, where most people are saying their guide shipped from. Yet, my guide shipped from Arizona, and is scheduled for the 10th. What gives?

[quote name='plutoknight']So um...my package went from Tulsa OK (5 hours away from me current location) to Louisville, KY.

I feel like UPS is doing this to me on purpose. XD[/QUOTE]

Ummm...mine didn't go to Louisville, KY and I live in Texas also. That's where it started though. Then to Tulsa, and now it's just there. Also about 5 hours away.

my amazon order shipped FSSS from NV to CA. should have it in 2 days.

comeon my CE, I need you!

all FSSS

my guides

March 8, 2010 09:39:00 AM Los Angeles CA Delivered
March 8, 2010 07:36:00 AM Los Angeles CA Arrival Scan
March 8, 2010 03:40:00 AM --- Arrival Scan
March 7, 2010 11:44:00 PM --- Arrival Scan
March 7, 2010 12:02:54 PM North Las Vegas NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in tr

my game

Latest Event: Fernley NV
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - Mar 09, 2010 2:10:03 AM

I ordered mines with my free prime membership, doesn't look like they upgraded me to RDD either. Hopefully the scheduled delivery date on for my UPS tracking is wrong and I get mines tomorrow instead of the 10th. Oh well, one more day won't hurt if it doesn't show up.

bread's done
Back