Final Fantasy XIII TiV, Gamestop's $40 2-Game Trade-In

mindsale

CAGiversary!
I thought this merited its own thread - I just got back from Gamestop.

a) I traded in Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) for $42.00. Don't ask me how I got so much for it - I bought it for $50. The receipt says:

1 @ $30.00
+ $3.00 EDGE 10%
+ $9.00 PROMO #8913

Any idea what Promotion 8913 is, anyone?

b) I traded in God of War Collection (ordinarily $8 base TiV) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (ordinarily $7 TiV) for $41.65 (after EDGE) toward Mario Galaxy 2. That's a pretty sizable bump to get those both to $40 - I thought it merited attention. In case you're using the Amazon deal for MG2 it's not worth it but it also applies to Red Dead Redemption and another title, which escapes me. Plus you can keep exploiting Blockbuster to get both of these (as well as Mario Party 8) for some really cheap ways to make $40 toward some upcoming titles.

Good luck.

"Promotion 8193" as you call it is 30% more trade-in credit. It's mentioned in the Gamestop Trade-In Value thread.

And Blockbuster's B1G1 ended yesterday.

[quote name='mindsale']
b) I traded in God of War Collection (ordinarily $8 base TiV) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (ordinarily $7 TiV) for $41.65 (after EDGE) toward Mario Galaxy 2. That's a pretty sizable bump to get those both to $40 - I thought it merited attention. In case you're using the Amazon deal for MG2 it's not worth it but it also applies to Red Dead Redemption and another title, which escapes me. Plus you can keep exploiting Blockbuster to get both of these (as well as Mario Party 8) for some really cheap ways to make $40 toward some upcoming titles.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

But how does buying two games for $19.99 each at BBV and getting $41.65 for them work out as an "exploit"? I mean, if you could get them to give you the B1G1 (which is over as of today, anyway) on non-$14.99 and under games that would work but is highly YMMV. Not to mention that both of those titles (as well as Mario Party 8) are pretty scarce at BBV. I think I saw one Fire Emblem across 8+ stores and none of the other two.

Also, I'm moving this to Deal Discussion as it isn't really a deal in and of itself (and the 30% promo is discussed in jp's trade-in deals/values thread). Still, it might be useful info for people to see the $42 total TiV for FF XIII. I'm tempted to do that myself once I platinum it.

I'm sure I could probably get $40-45 for it on CL. I got it in a trade, and really have no interest in playing it. However, if I can't get a local buyer, I'll probably trade it towards Red Dead. Thanks.

Holy shit - I just realized if you trade this game to Gamestop it becomes 42 (30 + 3EDGE + 9PROMO) and if you put that money on a reservation for a game it becomes $46.20 (additional 10%). Why did I hate Gamestop again?

[quote name='Jodou']Nice flip if you buy a few at Kmart next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the value won't hold for that very reason.

Thanks dude, I have a 360 version of the game and wanted a ps3 version. Even without the edge car that makes it 10 dollars + tax to trade-up.

[quote name='mindsale']Holy shit - I just realized if you trade this game to Gamestop it becomes 42 (30 + 3EDGE + 9PROMO) and if you put that money on a reservation for a game it becomes $46.20 (additional 10%). Why did I hate Gamestop again?[/QUOTE]
what offer is the 10 percent of pre-orders?

Games traded in toward future titles earn 10% bonus (or more if there's a +___% toward X title promotion). Two weeks ago I traded in SC:C for 25 toward 3D Dot Game Heroes. The receipt read: 1 @ 25.00 BONUS 2.50 EDGE CARD BONUS 2.50 PRICE OVERRIDE. USED TRADE TOTAL -30.00. RESERVE ORDER DEPOSIT 30.00 3D Dot Game Heroes.

bread's done
Back