Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

People have a problem with the token system?

Alex isn't suppose to be like towers. They just said it would be a little harder than towers. Making it one and done would just cause people to then complain they have nothing to do. Its only been out a little over a week and I already have 6 pieces.

People have a problem with the token system?

Alex isn't suppose to be like towers. They just said it would be a little harder than towers. Making it one and done would just cause people to then complain they have nothing to do. Its only been out a little over a week and I already have 6 pieces.
It's not fair to expect players to farm each turn each week for a specific piece of loot when it has a chance of dropping on top of a chance to win it. I've only done a few runs for loot and it's already mindnumbing even before winning my loot. Then to expect the rest of your farm group to continue on because someone needs a lens or shaft for 5+ runs just to see the same loot each time is overbearing. In fact, people were so disengaged by our 5th run of A2 last night a tank died on the last wave and the dolls got loose causing a wipe. I said, whelp I'm done and everyone agreed. I even goofed on my first A4 kill this week by rolling on a crank so I'm still 4 weeks out from being OiS again pre-savage but oh well, not like it matters at this point.

This whole expansion has just been devastating to me seing it go downhill so fast. Just so much disappointment when I used to love just logging in, checking PF to see if people needed clears or pony farms and hanging out with friends. Now everyone is busy leveling or crafting it feels less communal and PF is majorly hunt parties or alex farms, neither of which requires my help really. I hate leveling, I'd rather just be 60 everything and gear them up to help people ugh.

Welcome to a level increase? You were going to hate the expansion no matter what if you hate leveling. Sorry they just weren't going to auto increase all your jobs to 60.

Yeah, but unlike other MMOs you only have to do it for one class lol.  I was content having all my 50's and just filling w/e role people needed. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but unlike other MMOs you only have to do it for one class lol. I was content having all my 50's and just filling w/e role people needed. xD
It doesnt help that they made leveling so tedious this time either. The dungeons for leveling all are pretty boring unlike most of the original dungeons, leves give crap EXP now, and fates give even less. So unless you skip sidequests anything after your main sucks to level.

Crafters/Gathers are not too bad to level at least

Fates give the 50% bonus after you get your first job to 60. Roulettes help as well. Its not much different then when you wanted to get other jobs to 50 before.

And unlike other mmos you dont have to make a whole new charcetor if you want to play another job.

but unlike before the dungeons suck. and the fates dont give nearly like they did in the old areas. Northern Than gives the same amount and has easier fates than the new areas. Most playeers I see stay there till level 55 now and then do random things to level

but unlike before the dungeons suck. and the fates dont give nearly like they did in the old areas. Northern Than gives the same amount and has easier fates than the new areas. Most playeers I see stay there till level 55 now and then do random things to level
I actually really enjoyed Aery I think it is? Vault for sure because it's like Anor Londo. Actually all the dungeons have a "Souls" vibe a little bit hehe. I should run them on my whm some but I've just been busy ignoring leveling for a bit and just doing random stuff with friends.

I actually really enjoyed Aery I think it is? Vault for sure because it's like Anor Londo. Actually all the dungeons have a "Souls" vibe a little bit hehe. I should run them on my whm some but I've just been busy ignoring leveling for a bit and just doing random stuff with friends.
I hated the Aery because its the dungeon that took the most runs to unlock the next "tier", I think it was 15-18 runs? When others were like 10.

The Vault is definitely the best of the bunch, super quick and fun boss fights.

I only did each dungeon once or twice when I was leveling. Story and side quests got me the rest of the way.

Hey guys.

I tried to activate this demo on the Ps3, but the interface was ultra awful as far as user sign up, but I did manage to open an account and tie it to my PSN, but never was able to log in and play. I gave up as it kept freezing and locking the system up. 

Fast forward to PS4, I thought I'd try it again. Now being that I'm tied to PSN, it tries to log me into the same account at which point it says I need to use an account that has never tried this game before for the trial, despite never once getting past the log in to your Square Enix account. There's no way to undo this error and find a way to play on the Ps4 trial now, is there? 

That is a good question lol.  I'm not sure that it will allow you to without first purchasing the game and then upgrading to PS4.  This is just more of SE's blundering in terms of supporting too many systems and I'm not sure there's a workaround for you. :(

Im not sure why they changed it either. With FFXI as long as you had a copy for each system you could freely use one account on ps2 pc or 360 without having to register it for each platform.

Downed A1 Savage Serv first world 5th or some shit, 30 minutes after Lucrezia. 

I got the 210 ring, high crit low acc. 

4585b213c5.jpg

A2 Savage, this is the worst turn ever btw, we beat it by the skin of our teeth. Seems like most early clears of this floor was 10:25-10:29 with an enrage timer of 10:30. 

4bf1a77eb0.jpg

Nice man.  You guys going HAM.  I'm almost 60 on all my crafters, been doing it the lazy daily turnin way aka cheap as fuck.  IDK, this game has just gotten stale for me with too many grinds and this red scrips shit is pissing me off.  They're adjusting it next week apparently but it's just like, why did they add such awful systems?  Lets just take our entire game and go against every principle that made it great.  Heavensward?  More like Downward Spiral. :(

I capped red scripts in 2 days
Oh I could do it in two hours, not the point. The problem is right now the system only exists to. . .gear yourself and other crafters. There's no goals, no satisfaction for blowing ~500k in materials each week just to cap crafting scrips. Sure they'll be added later, but by then players who don't cap each week will be so far behind they will not be up to par. I feel like at that point, there will be a catch up mechanic or more options to help players out which then nullify the need to put up with this nonsense right now.

Bottomline: red scrips are not interesting, fun, or satisfying. Being able to craft for OTHER PLAYERS to MAKE GIL so you can afford to upgrade your gear was all of those things. It's like they're saying play for yourself right now and that's just unacceptable to me.

Well you can't get accessories from red scripts or off hands so those are still things you can craft and sell.

And I was talking about capping gathering scripts in a day.

I assume you mean capping crafting scripts in 2 hours because i know you can not cap that in 2 hours with gathering.

People wanted crafters and gathers to have a system like battle classes do for gear. This is what you get. its not perfect but its not as terrible as a few people like to make it seem.

It is terrible because you're tethered to a clock for gathering, it's no longer an "oh, I need some gold ore I can pick some up when I remember"; you're now on the clock for gathering and you have to do this for 2.5 months per gatherer?  Uh uh.  That's some lame ass shit to pile on top of trying to do other things.  And the worst part is you make n-o-t-h-i-n-g for your time.

With crafting it's even worse: you SPEND money on goods to make a collectible to trade in.  This is awful for two reasons: one it takes away resources from a crafter who would be otherwise spending time making gil providing a service to players and two it places real gil value on scrips to which you have to weigh against the reward.  Simply put, the time and effort put into these are not even close to worth the reward.  It should have been at the very least beastmen daily style craft where the materials were provided and you kept producing until you got it right.

OK, I know it's not what it looks like but I'm gonna pretend it is anyway, even if they're out of position lolol.

nHwkmox.png

So, ever since HW came out, I've been lagging terribly when playing the game on my pc (no problems on my ps4, I bought HW on my ps4 but not PC).  I bought HW tonight, and all of the sudden, my lag completely clears up.  Oh, yeah, I see how it is, Squeeenix

Yeah, the only group on a4s were mentioning some crazy shit in LS last night lol.  Seems like most groups are stuck on 2 or 3 but there's even less people raiding now than ever on our server, so not really saying much.

I'm dying for a content patch because I've seen all the expansion has to offer and leveling alts is incredibly painful because there's no real fate grind spot and dungeon grinding moves sooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow.  Being stuck doing the same dungeon for 2-3 levels is just awful, so more or less I only do a daily roulette and even that is becoming tiresome.  Wasn't this expansion supposed to be double the size of content as 2.0?  Err, I disagree. . .

Yeah, the only group on a4s were mentioning some crazy shit in LS last night lol. Seems like most groups are stuck on 2 or 3 but there's even less people raiding now than ever on our server, so not really saying much.

I'm dying for a content patch because I've seen all the expansion has to offer and leveling alts is incredibly painful because there's no real fate grind spot and dungeon grinding moves sooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow. Being stuck doing the same dungeon for 2-3 levels is just awful, so more or less I only do a daily roulette and even that is becoming tiresome. Wasn't this expansion supposed to be double the size of content as 2.0? Err, I disagree. . .
Yeah, our group ends up dying in quarantine most of the time rofl

heres a4 savage in a nutshell

3.1 is like 2 months away, seems kinda long for new content. Theres really not much to do besides savage atm.

RnTQup4.jpg

^ I think you should really talk to Mogukk in Moghome, the moogles are depending on you!

Lolol, live letter is tonight so I need something, anything to look forward to at this point to keep me going.  Savage isn't worth it to me at this point because I know they'll just add the tomestone and coat/twine to normal mode in a weekly quest, so what's the point.  I won't be BiS but really what is the point of BiS when there's NO CONTENT to challenge outside of savage?  I think the real problem is SE is allowing me to stop and question these things and when that happens, it means they've lost me as a player.

^ I think you should really talk to Mogukk in Moghome, the moogles are depending on you!

Lolol, live letter is tonight so I need something, anything to look forward to at this point to keep me going. Savage isn't worth it to me at this point because I know they'll just add the tomestone and coat/twine to normal mode in a weekly quest, so what's the point. I won't be BiS but really what is the point of BiS when there's NO CONTENT to challenge outside of savage? I think the real problem is SE is allowing me to stop and question these things and when that happens, it means they've lost me as a player.
This line of thinking can go back to 2nd coil. What's the point of pushing for anything top gear when it will just be made easier later. In a game based on vertical progression its always going to be like this. Unless you are going to do the top tier content there is no reason to push for top tier gear as anything out side of that event doesn't need top tier gear. With coil you never needed coil gear unless you wanted to do coil because anything outside of coil didnt need it. Its going to keep being like that for awhile. 3.1 isn't going to change that.

I had hopes they would wake up, but clearly the only changes they have made so far are for the worse.  This design team has thrown crafting, gathering, raiding (see: bard), and overall fun for me out the window with this expansion.  I want them to get back on track because I like the game but at a certain point people just say "you know what, fuck this" and walk away.  I don't want people to start quitting because once the community is gone, there really is nothing left for me at all.

Sadly for you you're in the minority. Numbers are great for them and its going up bot down. I've seen far more people come back to the game since heavensward came out than those who left. They aren't going to change anything if there isn't a reason to. This has never been a hardcore game like FFXI so im sure a lot of the hardcore gamers aren't that happy with it but they never have been.

Sadly for you you're in the minority. Numbers are great for them and its going up bot down. I've seen far more people come back to the game since heavensward came out than those who left. They aren't going to change anything if there isn't a reason to. This has never been a hardcore game like FFXI so im sure a lot of the hardcore gamers aren't that happy with it but they never have been.
Hardcore gamers are a bunch of whiners that are NEVER happy

Holy crap I took a good time to bow out of raiding.  292 players in the entire WORLD have cleared A3S? That's 36 raid groups and a half meaning more than a few of those are alts. o_O

EX7h3LG.jpg

Oooooh, I'm one of the 378 players in the world to win the jumbo! ^_^

jZju73y.png

Holy crap I took a good time to bow out of raiding. 292 players in the entire WORLD have cleared A3S? That's 36 raid groups and a half meaning more than a few of those are alts. o_O

EX7h3LG.jpg

Oooooh, I'm one of the 378 players in the world to win the jumbo! ^_^

jZju73y.png
lol more people have won jumbo cacpot than cleared as3, thats great.

im part of that 292 w00t

the new 24 man raid looks pretty cool.

lol more people have won jumbo cacpot than cleared as3, thats great.

im part of that 292 w00t

the new 24 man raid looks pretty cool.
Lol that was my exact thoughts. xD

Yeah, Void Ark should be good if nothing else just to give me a new dungeon to grind lol. I try not to do expert anymore because there's only the two dungeons to do and it sucks. :(

bread's done
Back