Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Do the digital versions come with the 30-day free codes?

Play GW2 first..its F2P why opt in for a P2P when you havent even decided to devote time to a F2P.
hmm... I was thinking of all the Digital/Pre-Order bonuses :/

is there a way to suspend your account whenever you are not playing?

I wanted a copy of the PC CE... but dang the SQEX store is out of it

Eh I've just been playing on the JP server Fenrir instead.  Pretty disappointed honestly, I can only play during peak hours so to have this error all the time would be a major buzzkill.  Hopefully it clears up after launch.

My current plan is to just play Saints Row until 2:00 am and then try to log on... There's got to be less people playing in the middle of the night, right? :lol:

Got on, FINALLY got to play + beat the stump instance.

Just ran to and got back from GameStop to pick up the physical copy and my 30- day sub code, it's also Madden 25's. release. Me and a store employee were the only ones there for ARR lol ( and they had NFL trivia, and I was one of the only people to know the answers haha)

Welp, got my CE and can't even redeem the code. Either Sony forgot to put it up, or my code is actually borked along with many others.

I swear you can't freaking win with this game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, got my CE and can't even redeem the code. Either Sony forgot to put it up, or my code is actually borked along with many others.

I swear you can't freaking win with this game...
obviously you need to wait for the PSN store to update.

just like digital releases, redeem codes are implemented on release dates.

EDIT: SE just just added a Notice to the board about this. Codes should work after 1pm PDT

soooo ive been thinking about getting this, but i have a few questions. do most ps3 users use txt chat or a third party client (skype, etc)? and would i have fun playing solo or strictly group play?

soooo ive been thinking about getting this, but i have a few questions. do most ps3 users use txt chat or a third party client (skype, etc)? and would i have fun playing solo or strictly group play?
Ps3 users barely talk on the game unless they have a keyboard of some kind.

Game is fun solo, but I would at least join a linkshell and a FC just to chat to and keep you company.

I've been playing solo and it's great.  Lots to do individually but there are parts of the main story that require a group.  Dutyfinder will take care of that for you.  

As for the communication I just use in game chat but have the laptop nearby if someone were to suggest/require teamspeak or ventrilo for a boss.  I do have both the PS3 chatpad and a Bluetooth keyboard at my disposal.

Played from 10:00 pm to 3:00 am last night. :lol: It's like once I logged on successfully I was afraid to log off again. Plus it's a damn fun game.

Got on, FINALLY got to play + beat the stump instance.

Just ran to and got back from GameStop to pick up the physical copy and my 30- day sub code, it's also Madden 25's. release. Me and a store employee were the only ones there for ARR lol ( and they had NFL trivia, and I was one of the only people to know the answers haha)
The wife and I and one other random guy were the only ones in last night at the midnight for our XIV CEs, and got our banners. Everyone else was a man/dude/bro high fiving and screaming at the tv during their madden games. I'm glad that it went pretty fast in terms of line and I got our banner and got out of there.

Did get on last night though and almost got my lancer up to 22, and opened up the Inns and Guildleves though.

Played from 10:00 pm to 3:00 am last night. :lol: It's like once I logged on successfully I was afraid to log off again. Plus it's a damn fun game.
When I can get in and play, I've had a blast with the game. Hopefully the worst of the techincal issues are behind us.

When I can get in and play, I've had a blast with the game. Hopefully the worst of the techincal issues are behind us.
Yeah, once you get logged in, everything is working perfectly. They just need to figure out how to let more people in at once. I have a feeling it's going to improve slowly.

Yeah, once you get logged in, everything is working perfectly. They just need to figure out how to let more people in at once. I have a feeling it's going to improve slowly.
It will improve dramatically cause this is launch window period. This is where it gets nuts and all the WoW players will be disgruntled and leave cause it isn't WoW. Give it 2 weeks.

I feel like an ass but I totally just afk instead of logging out. They don't kick idles  :whistle2:

edit: i usually just make my own playlist for MMO grinding, but ARR has some really fantastic pieces of music.

I feel like an ass but I totally just afk instead of logging out. They don't kick idles :whistle2:
You and thousands of others.

For me it depends how long I'm going to be gone. If I'm just eating dinner, I'll leave it on. But when I'm gone for a while (like now when I'm at work) I log off.

I just picked up my CE from EBGames (Gamestop)

When I redeem the code when the store updates will I need to re-download/install XIV or can I continue on the EA client?

I just picked up my CE from EBGames (Gamestop)

When I redeem the code when the store updates will I need to re-download/install XIV or can I continue on the EA client?
Supposedly you don't need to download the client again, it will just add 30 days' subscription and the CE items to your service account. I'll be interested to hear how the process works for you.

You and thousands of others.

For me it depends how long I'm going to be gone. If I'm just eating dinner, I'll leave it on. But when I'm gone for a while (like now when I'm at work) I log off.
Your too nice, lol. I don't want to deal with 1017 when I get home. So as long as PSN doesn't kick me off, or there is a maint randomly during the day, I don't have to worry.

Squeenix has said at least once that they're purposefully limiting how many people can be on a server at once to prevent overload this early (well, that's their excuse, anyway).  IT should get a hundred times better when the game officially goes live.  Quit your belly-aching people, this is early access, it's a glorified Beta.

I feel bad for casual players

I know a friend of mine only has time to play for an hour, maybe two a day. But when it takes 60-90 minutes + to long on, he already gave up.

Was on vent with him for 90 minutes last night while he tried to log in with no success

then he just said eff it

Squeenix has said at least once that they're purposefully limiting how many people can be on a server at once to prevent overload this early (well, that's their excuse, anyway). IT should get a hundred times better when the game officially goes live. Quit your belly-aching people, this is early access, it's a glorified Beta.
It's not early access anymore, the game is out. I've officially paid and registered my codes, the plastic wrap is off the box, I've got the receipt in my hands. I'm staring at a "world is full" message.

We're officially in the "we've paid for the game" stage, so it's time for Squeenix to fix their shit.

The PC Collector's Edition is back on the Square Enix Store. The PS3 version is also re-listed on GameStop and some stores have it listed on the store finder.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.281319400/categoryId.64514800/parentCategoryID.#.Uhz-CBuTgqM

...I still kinda want it, but it really bothers me that they didn't do this before the game launched.
Ugh. The PC collector edition was sold out, which is like 90% of the reason I bought the game on PS3 as well. I agree, that's annoying.

Probably order cancellations / declined cards that are popping up.

Just picked up my PS3 CE. It is a beautiful package. Can't wait to tear it open. Most excited for the CD.

When I posted the codes weren't redeemable.  I've been one of the biggest defenders of Squeenix's bullshit, but I've had enough of this crap.  GO FORK YOURSELF SQUEENIX WITH A RUSTY fuck!

I bought a brand new Logitech G510 about a month ago.  It's got lots of cool bells and whistles, but I've gotten more use out of the macro feature hammering Num-0 on the start screen than I have since I got it.  :D

This 1017 error is starting to really piss me off.  I've been trying for 1.5 hours to get logged in.  Hopefully the server issues get resolved soon.

I can log on my legacy character on a JP server no problem though.

It didn't escalate quickly, I was just reserving my judgement until it went live, and if the problems were still there then, well, then I'd let squeenix know what I thought of them.

will-ferrell-praying.jpg

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I would like you to use your baby Jesus powers to allow me to log on.

In the grand scheme of things it's just a mild annoyance. Hell, I reached Inferno in D3 through all of its bullshit in the first week, so my tolerance levels are pretty up there. Also considering that game was legit terrible, so...

I'm surprised some people have cancelled their order. Like, you're hyped enough to pre-order something, but server troubles at launch were enough to completely change your mind? Impulse buyers man.

At least no one is having their accounts permanently stolen (again, see Diablo 3).

edit: got a queue and almost hit 'Cancel' because i thought it was an error window  :cold:

Noob question - when is considered "peak hours" for a MMO? Like prime-time in the evening? Afternoon? Just wonderng when I should try to play if possible (don't always have the option to schedule around a game lol)

Yeah, late afternoon and evening (NA time zones), generally. Easy to log on in the morning or late hours, so if you have a day off work, make sure to wake up early. 10am or earlier I've gotten no resistance logging in.

Though these problems probably won't last much longer.

MMO opening dates sure bring out the worst in people.   Sometimes I just wanna shake people and yell "Breathe dammit breathe".  I understand you bought the game, and you're entitled to your purchase, but calm yourselves.  I haven't even entered my game code yet cause I know the servers will be fucked for a few days.

bread's done
Back