Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Sunset:

s89Q5BS.jpg

FFVI nostalgia:

WWzT4R4.jpg

This place is awesome:

gVH2nGR.jpg

All I've been doing, really:

B1lPcX4.jpg

Only time(s) I've gotten on are at 7am in the morning...like gaming before work ;D

But yea...thie 1017 error is starting to irritate me.

Why cant we go back to Queues...so you can jump into the world when some one logs out... Its not like we can just remake characters on EVERY world so we play them when our main world ares full ... thats just so much time wasted on chars you dont really want to play...

I really hope (somehow) world transfer is free and no cooldown. (its a dream far away, I know) would make it so easy to just play your Main char on a less populated world and not waste time on alts.

Square-Enix has temporarily halted sales because too many people are playing.

Important Notice About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Welcome to America, Square -- where MMOs are actually played.

edit: maintenance tonight, think they're adding data centers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now that the servers have stabilized, I'm pretty impressed with this game.  I can honestly say it's one of the best MMOs I've ever played in terms of quality content.  Lots of fresh ideas here and I've lost myself in the world they created.  Really glad I decided to check the game out and stick with it, but I'm still not sure if endgame will keep me subbing.  Guess I'll have to see what all there is to do at 50, which won't be long now as I logged out at 39.

Loving my archer so far but Bard seems pretty worthless outside of an instance group since I can't use cross-over abilities like heal or protect when I'm soloing with my chocobo.  I might grind out dragoon after getting 50 to see what that's like as pure dps.  Some odd design choices here and there, but I like it.

Shit! Think I accidentally made a new service account... /sigh

Servers up of down? It says they are up, but when I go to log in they don't show up.

Has anyone else that ordered the PS3 Collectors Edition not had the Security Token? I just opened mine and it was missing(its the KHDDD CE fiasco all over again).

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same bad luck or not. I have already contacted SE email support about it.

Loving my archer so far but Bard seems pretty worthless outside of an instance group since I can't use cross-over abilities like heal or protect when I'm soloing with my chocobo. I might grind out dragoon after getting 50 to see what that's like as pure dps. Some odd design choices here and there, but I like it.
Bard is apparently the best DPS in the game, I'm hearing.

Only issue I have with the game is that it forces you into the main story to unlock all the features and dungeons. Seems odd given that they give you such better alternatives to level, but you can't access anything without the story line.

Has anyone else that ordered the PS3 Collectors Edition not had the Security Token? I just opened mine and it was missing(its the KHDDD CE fiasco all over again).

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same bad luck or not. I have already contacted SE email support about it.
Not trying to be patronizing so please don't take it that way ;) But did you check under the cardboard insert that holds all the pieces in place? In my CE, the left side of the folded part of the insert was not attached, so the CD and postcards were free to slide around to the left of their little pocket (if that description makes sense at all). The CD and cards are big enough that they can't slide all that far to the left within the box, but the token is small enough that if it was free to slide around it could easily slide right out of its little pocket and get stuck under the entire insert. Just a thought!

Not trying to be patronizing so please don't take it that way ;) But did you check under the cardboard insert that holds all the pieces in place? In my CE, the left side of the folded part of the insert was not attached, so the CD and postcards were free to slide around to the left of their little pocket (if that description makes sense at all). The CD and cards are big enough that they can't slide all that far to the left within the box, but the token is small enough that if it was free to slide around it could easily slide right out of its little pocket and get stuck under the entire insert. Just a thought!
First thing I did was check every where in the box and made sure I took the insert pit and checked around the small precut slots where the token should be.

Mine came with the token.  I still have my XI and my first release of XIV one too.  The new release though, the token was about to fall out of the precut holes though when I opened it, so I'm surprised it didn't fall through and rattle around in the box though.  Sorry you didn't get yours, contact S-E and they should send you one.

Hi guys and girls

got me some question . can i play my pc character to a ps3 version ? or i can i have 1 account for pc and ps3 ?

thanks

OK so after reading a few reviews about the revamped version I went ahead and picked it up this afternoon. Since there seems to be a few CAGs who are fairly active I am wondering if there is a particular server and guild ( or whatever the term in this one ) that most people are joining.

None of my PC gamer friends that I play MMOs are interested in this one so I figured I would check with the guys here.

I locked in the OP to see if there was anything mentioned but didn't see any info.

CAGs are playing on Cactaur.

Are there official reviews for the game yet? That would seem a bit absurd.

got me some question . can i play my pc character to a ps3 version ? or i can i have 1 account for pc and ps3 ?
Yeah you'd be able to login on either platform.

Can anyone give me the cliff notes of that massive wall of crap on the updates page ?

Theres like 20 things, and it all looks like jibberish

And theres absolutely no way bard is the #1 dps class

It just cant be possible

What im hearing from everyone, is that nobody wants a bard in their party, unless its a LARGE party 

i'm about to pull the trigger on the ps3 version. is 39.99 the best price or should i wait a bit for a cheaper copy and after the launch bugs are fixed?

OK so after reading a few reviews about the revamped version I went ahead and picked it up this afternoon. Since there seems to be a few CAGs who are fairly active I am wondering if there is a particular server and guild ( or whatever the term in this one ) that most people are joining.
None of my PC gamer friends that I play MMOs are interested in this one so I figured I would check with the guys here.
I locked in the OP to see if there was anything mentioned but didn't see any info.
There is a CAG linkshell. (Which pretty much is just a chat channel.)

There isn't a Free Company (guild) for CAGs.

my friend just told me his copy had a registeration code, meaning there is no resll value and I couldn't pick this up used down the road or sell it if i didn't like it. is this correct?

Well not a good start to the game so far. I cannot create a character on any world. Every single world is listed as not accepting new characters.

So basically I lose up to two weeks of my free play time because I cannot create a character? That doesn't seem right.

They should allow for refunds on this game. You cannot release a game that you cannot play no matter what.

I knew there would be some congestion, that's normal with MMO launches. Locking out every server to where you can not even make a character for a few weeks is beyond that though.

you can order them from Square's site I believe, they are $11 though.
Where'd you buy it from?

seeing as this is a "defective/damaged" related report you should be entitled to an exchange (and now that some place have cancelled CE pre-orders they should have extras), unless you ordered from the site, than you need to contact SE and show them proof of purchase and report that yours shipped with out a token.

(Btw, whats the use of it? I use my original pass and I see no point in using the token)

Where'd you buy it from?

seeing as this is a "defective/damaged" related report you should be entitled to an exchange (and now that some place have cancelled CE pre-orders they should have extras), unless you ordered from the site, than you need to contact SE and show them proof of purchase and report that yours shipped with out a token.

(Btw, whats the use of it? I use my original pass and I see no point in using the token)
The token is just extra security like Blizzard's authentication code token. It gives you a randomized code to input along with your log in info. There's also the free software version for smartphones that do the same thing. I would use that if I wasn't thinking of changing phones. I wanted it so that my account doesn't get hacked like it did when I was playing Diablo 3.

The token is just extra security like Blizzard's authentication code token. It gives you a randomized code to input along with your log in info. There's also the free software version for smartphones that do the same thing. I would use that if I wasn't thinking of changing phones. I wanted it so that my account doesn't get hacked like it did when I was playing Diablo 3.
Even tho Blizzard denies it, people still said that they got hacked with these things on their account.

So basically I lose up to two weeks of my free play time because I cannot create a character? That doesn't seem right.

They should allow for refunds on this game. You cannot release a game that you cannot play no matter what.
Sorry dude should have gave you a heads up. SE did announce it last night though, and someone mentioned it on the last page.

Well that sucks.

Now I'm interested to see the NPD numbers, and it was a late month release so they should be pretty low since not a full month of sales. What was SE expecting? Having opposite of Tomb Raider flash backs. Anyway, this game was supposed to come out on PS3 originally like 2 years ago, but that never happened. I think the high install base + $40 price helped a ton, as many don't have PCs that could run the game.

They pretty much knew exactly how many people were going to be playing in the early access since you had to register a code on the website to play it. I don't think it was any kind of surprise how many people would be playing. Just a question of whether to spend the money on hardware that was necessary to meet the demand. If the demand during release week is going to be double or triple the amount of people who will be playing during any other week in the next decade of the game's life, is it worth it to buy that extra hardware that will never be used again? I'm not saying they made the right choice or the wrong choice, but that's what it is.

Sorry if I've missed anyone who needs to be added to the linkshell.  The tricky thing is you need to be online for me to send you an invite.  Easiest way is to send me a Tell in game (Serisu Sheru).  You can also send one to Oswald Cobblepot, he has invite permission as well.

Where'd you buy it from?

My CE was supposed to have it but it is missing, so I never had to buy one. I just remember that SE posted about the price change.

I've been really enjoying the game but I have been taking it pretty slow with it.  My plan is to solo during the week and during the weekends when I actually have more time I will group up.

I've been really enjoying the game but I have been taking it pretty slow with it. My plan is to solo during the week and during the weekends when I actually have more time I will group up.
I've been soloing so far, also had limited time to play, only level 9, probably get to 10 by end of tonight. If anyone wants to party over the weekend (and doesn't mind noob PS3 players) I will be around.

bread's done
Back