Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

It still takes a while to log in

I mean right now its 2pm EST, and ive been trying to get on almost 25 minutes, and its a weekday while MOST people are in work (some in school?)

I actually started using macro software from work just to log into the game. It literally just sits there and clicks on the start button, my character, and the "ok" button whenever the error 1017 pops up

So it literally sits there and repeatedly tries to log me in for 30 minutes to an hour or w.e it takes to actually get on

Pretty much made my own queue and thank god, I woulda threw my pc out the window by now if i had to sit there and repeatedly click

Man, I preordred the physical copy like an idiot back in July, so my registration code was in there while my pre-acess free period expired last night. Surprisingly, it just arrived in the mail though, so perfect timing. Don't know why tracking services are suddenly so inaccurate these days. Used to always be spot on. 

I'm really slowing down on my progress lately. The main quest line just really burns me out. I do not like the single player focus that new MMOs are trying to force you into, and this kind of story telling simply isn't effective. Which is a shame because all the writing is quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm,

I could be wrong

Songs like they might of changed bard around, so that they can use archer/lancer/puglist skills?
Pretty sure we can't use lancer stuff, but we can definitely use pug. Inner release stacked with all my other CDs I'm cracking off 350+ crits for 15s or so. Now, I have seen wizard classes doing 300+ on average with me only critting for 200+ without CDs, BUT keeping in mind my auto-attacks can hit for around 80-100 on average makes it very competitive per global (and not even close when I have barrage up). Once I hit 50 today or tomorrow I also get an ability that resets bloodletter from dot ticks, which will essentially global lock me whereas right now I typically have downtime whenever bloodletter or misery's end is on CD. At that point, I don't see any class keeping up with my damage output.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does every new copy of the game come with a free month? I was planning on getting this maybe round the holidays and was hoping my first month would be free. Don't want to pay $40+$15 and end up hating the game. $40 I can stomach at least.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does every new copy of the game come with a free month? I was planning on getting this maybe round the holidays and was hoping my first month would be free. Don't want to pay $40+$15 and end up hating the game. $40 I can stomach at least.
I believe it's every new SE account can have a free month if you buy a copy. What I'm unclear about is, if you buy 2 copies (PC and PS3), can you have 60 days for free if you redeem one after another. Pretty sure you have at least 30 days. So you are safe to be able to play it for 30 days with only $40.

And it's a fun game!

I need a macro like this too. I've been manually clicking and there were at least twice I accidentally "cancelled" because I thought the queuing window was a 1017 one. That was on PS3.

Is there a safe macro software for FF XIV that you recommend? I plan to use PC too.

Btw did you see the PC version sold anywhere? It's not in stock in Target or Best Buy. It seems SE is pushing PS3, and maybe digital versions. I even bought the PC preorder card in target but now I can't redeem. They told me to buy the game online. But the preorder card which can give me $5 credit can't be used online, and in store it will expire in 7 days from 27th.

It still takes a while to log in

I mean right now its 2pm EST, and ive been trying to get on almost 25 minutes, and its a weekday while MOST people are in work (some in school?)

I actually started using macro software from work just to log into the game. It literally just sits there and clicks on the start button, my character, and the "ok" button whenever the error 1017 pops up

So it literally sits there and repeatedly tries to log me in for 30 minutes to an hour or w.e it takes to actually get on

Pretty much made my own queue and thank god, I woulda threw my pc out the window by now if i had to sit there and repeatedly click

I believe it's every new SE account can have a free month if you buy a copy. What I'm unclear about is, if you buy 2 copies (PC and PS3), can you have 60 days for free if you redeem one after another. Pretty sure you have at least 30 days. So you are safe to be able to play it for 30 days with only $40.

And it's a fun game!
I haven't done this myself but I do believe you get 60 days on your account if you redeem codes from both the PC and PS3 versions. bv, don't you have both?

I'm working up my Marauder right now so if anyone wants to run some dungeons tonight let me know.  I am like 400 exp shy of level 11 but I will be at the minimum level 15 tonight.

I haven't done this myself but I do believe you get 60 days on your account if you redeem codes from both the PC and PS3 versions. bv, don't you have both?
You do get 30 days for each. I bought the PC version Thursday and my sub went from 31 to 61 days when I checked later that day.

Does Square-Enix have a time frame on their expanded data center capacity?

I'm thinking about just giving up trying to get back on until they buy more servers.

Wow, so Yoshi says that only 5,000 people are allowed to connect to a server at once, with more characters allowed to be created but not able to all log in at same time?

This is sad. Back when I played FFXI we had 8,000~15,000 connected to my one server at peak hours. FFXI came out first, but this was even after WoW had come out and a lot of people left for that. Max of 5k at launch isn't fair. Sure once the hype dies down and free months expire people may leave, but this is pretty limited for a "Massive"MO.

Let's run some numbers. 15 servers on the JP Datacenter, or 75,000 people. 20 servers on the NA/EU Datacenter, or 100,000 people. Together only 175,000 people are allowed to connect and play FFXIV: ARR. That is bad.

FFXI had around 300k~400k subscriptions at it's peak (5~9 years ago) and it's probably hovering around 150k now 11? years later. Limiting a game to 175k on release sounds harsh. Now this could probably be because they already had bad subscriptions for FFXIV 1.0 and based their projections off that game. Either way, they changed the game to have zones (tons of them) instead of all one zone, shouldn't that have fixed server load issue / pop in lag?

Got my FFXIV: ARR server info here

You do get 30 days for each. I bought the PC version Thursday and my sub went from 31 to 61 days when I checked later that day.
Great then I don't need to wait to apply two accounts. But I'm still waiting for one to arrive.

It's pretty early in the day but I can't login to game already. Error 2002 lobby server problem.

Just spent 2.5 hours grinding Banemites in the North Shroud for diremite webs.  I must be losing my mind, though I'll never need to grind them for weaving again.

I need a macro like this too. I've been manually clicking and there were at least twice I accidentally "cancelled" because I thought the queuing window was a 1017 one. That was on PS3.

Is there a safe macro software for FF XIV that you recommend? I plan to use PC too.

Btw did you see the PC version sold anywhere? It's not in stock in Target or Best Buy. It seems SE is pushing PS3, and maybe digital versions. I even bought the PC preorder card in target but now I can't redeem. They told me to buy the game online. But the preorder card which can give me $5 credit can't be used online, and in store it will expire in 7 days from 27th.
Sorry was on vacation for the weekend

I mean any macro software should work fine, because macro software is usually made for offices not gaming (its not like trying to download a botting program made just for the game thasts supposed to autolevel your char, thats really just going to phish your account info 99% of the time)

The one I have now is called workspace macro pro (I got for free from work, but this cost $$$) theres a trial (30 days?) but ive never used that

One ive used in the past for many years is American Systems EZ Macros. Its a cheap crappy piece of sofwtare, but will get the job done (its also a free trial for 30 days, but I think if you set the calander back a month it will last forever, at least it used to. Also it has a limit of repeating a macro only up to 99 times in the free version, aka 99 attempts to log you in if your macro includes 1 login per attempt. )

Two important points with a macro.

1) You have to always set it to "repeat forever" otherwise it will give up and turn off after 1 cycle (you can make a cycle log you in more than once if you use a free version)

and

2) Macros will only work in windowed mode, AND you have to run the software as administration (for windows 7/8 vista etc, right click the exe and do run as admin). So usuallyi open ffxiv go to config hit windowed and put it on the lowest resolution supported run the macro, log in, then go back to full screen. You cant do window full screen for loggin in either, you want the game to be in a small "window" for the software to work propely

I know it sounds like a lot of work (its not) but its INCREDIBLY simple. Especially if you've ever used macro software before.

I actually used it in several games long ago (ie runescape) but havent bothered in a very long time

Here are the two programs i referred to

http://download.cnet.com/Workspace-Macro-Pro-Automation-Edition/3000-2084_4-10307040.html

(no idea the restrictions on the free trial)

http://www.americansys.com/download.htm

(yes this crap is ancient, I used to use it probably 15~ years ago)

This game really just refuses to hand you good looking armor until AF gear at 50, lol.
I know what you mean: archer looked like shit 90% of the time while lancer consistently looked awesome every time I grouped with one. I did finally hit 50 over the weekend though and I'm pleased with my look now. :D

faaPQwM.jpg

Oh and small spoiler for endgame mount but. . .
4UVoJWE.jpg

Still waiting for my service account problem to be fixed... /sigh

One of the worst customer service experiences, ever.
Didn't they say it could take up to two weeks?

Has anyone else been getting a black screen as soon as they launch the game before the log in screen? Java script and cookies are both enabled on my PS3. This happens for me every once in a while.

North American servers arent even showing for me all day

And those end game mounts are fricken UGLYYY

I see people riding around on them all the time, and it just looks horrendously bad

I mean its a "fantasy" game, and you have people riding around on GIGANORMOUS black metal robot machine thingys

I imagine once a crap ton of people get 50, and those become even more common that ill begin to hate them just that much more

Want more chocobos !

I mean its a "fantasy" game, and you have people riding around on GIGANORMOUS black metal robot machine thingys
Holy crap. You haven't played much Final Fantasy, have you? Setting aside whether or not they look good (I personally think they do, but it's a matter of taste of course) Magitek Armor is iconic.

I do kind of wish they'd been a bit harder to acquire, since going forward you're going to see them everywhere, which kind of makes it a bit less cool when you see one.

Holy crap. You haven't played much Final Fantasy, have you? Setting aside whether or not they look good (I personally think they do, but it's a matter of taste of course) Magitek Armor is iconic.
It just doesnt look good cosmetically

I will be honest my biggest issue by far is the size of them, like theyre absurdedly big

And I didnt even put it together that those are the same things from prior games, the artwork looks drastically different than what I see in game (which to me looks like a black Walker from star wars pretty much)

Personally id prefer them to go all FF7 up on this, and include all the different chocobos from that game

Personally I think the Magitek Armors look amazing, totally like the Japanese cover of the game come to life:

2998250-final-fantasy-vi.jpg

Can't wait to get one. I think it's funny how players with them will hang around starting areas just so people can gawk at them. :lol:

Didn't they say it could take up to two weeks?

Has anyone else been getting a black screen as soon as they launch the game before the log in screen? Java script and cookies are both enabled on my PS3. This happens for me every once in a while.
Yes, but they also sent an email out to those who filled out the form that they will receive a response about the ticket in 24-48 hours... It's been 5 days.

Edit: not to mention it literally takes 10 minutes to fix. Been on the tech support forum in the time being, and that is the ratio of time for EU players.

I wonder if Kefka will make an appearance...
Can't tell if joking post, but I'll take it seriously since Lightning FFXIII has been confirmed as a character coming to FFXIV.

Personally, if they want to add costumes, armor, weapons, or mounts like Magitek (which kinda makes sense because of the Gallians) from anything just for a call back purpose or to look cool I'm ok with that. I do find it odd that they actually want to put the character of Lightning into the game. She has her own soon to be trilogy already. I've seen the pics of Yuna too, but those could have just been costume only. So I'm against the notion that Lightning will be added. They'll probably make up some excuse that has to do with temporal shifts because she
became the goddess herself in a realm where time doesn't exist
or something.

Anyone else's opinions and thoughts?

So there is going to be maintenance tomorrow from 5pm pst to 3am. hopefully they allow new characters soon after that so I can finally play this.

Yes, but they also sent an email out to those who filled out the form that they will receive a response about the ticket in 24-48 hours... It's been 5 days.
Edit: not to mention it literally takes 10 minutes to fix. Been on the tech support forum in the time being, and that is the ratio of time for EU players.
Somehow screwed up my secret login questions, was trying to use the software key, sent a request to SE on like Wedsday lol

Can't tell if joking post, but I'll take it seriously since Lightning FFXIII has been confirmed as a character coming to FFXIV.

Personally, if they want to add costumes, armor, weapons, or mounts like Magitek (which kinda makes sense because of the Gallians) from anything just for a call back purpose or to look cool I'm ok with that. I do find it odd that they actually want to put the character of Lightning into the game. She has her own soon to be trilogy already. I've seen the pics of Yuna too, but those could have just been costume only. So I'm against the notion that Lightning will be added. They'll probably make up some excuse that has to do with temporal shifts because she
became the goddess herself in a realm where time doesn't exist
or something.

Anyone else's opinions and thoughts?
Why would my post originally be a joke? Kefka is the most villainous villain of all FF games. He literally succeeds in destroying the world.

Also, this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCJg3WYGXI

Gives me chills every time.

Can't wait to get one. I think it's funny how players with them will hang around starting areas just so people can gawk at them. :lol:
It's a damn curse leveling lancer right now. I get like 20 tells a minute asking where I got it lol. Luckily I'm dungeon grinding now so I get a break from the spam at least.

AGH! Finally got through character creation and now I don't know what server to pick! The one I expected to roll on is locked for new characters.

I'm on the Midgardsormr server, as 'Daniel Isaac'. Hoping to see some of you on there!

Just realized there's a whopping three server choices at the moment so I'll join you on there.

Edit- Or not... now it says you can't create characters on there.

Edit Edit- And two hours later finally get in on a character. Iskierka Ostorwyn on Behemoth.

I'm not sure I like the look of the Magitek either, but it is a pretty cool throwback. I'm surprised they handed out something like it so easily as a reward for simply finishing the story.

I'm not sure I like the look of the Magitek either, but it is a pretty cool throwback. I'm surprised they handed out something like it so easily as a reward for simply finishing the story.
Yeah. You kind of lose some of the "holy crap, who's that badass?" factor when they're everywhere. Hopefully there are some mounts added later which are truly difficult to obtain.

I just hit level 10, I'd like to play with some of you guys! Right now I just feel like I'm playing a single player game with a lot of people on the screen. I've never played an MMO before, so I still feel a little lost. I'm on an EU server for right now, it was the only one I could get into. Feel free to add me on PSN: therealdanhill.

I just hit level 10, I'd like to play with some of you guys! Right now I just feel like I'm playing a single player game with a lot of people on the screen. I've never played an MMO before, so I still feel a little lost. I'm on an EU server for right now, it was the only one I could get into. Feel free to add me on PSN: therealdanhill.
Unfortunately we can't really play with you unless you're on the same server. Most CAGs are on Cactuar, so if you want to transfer at some point you'll find most of us there.

The first 15 levels of the game are predominantly solo. That will change once you progress further in the game and unlock dungeons.

bread's done
Back