Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

If I were to buy this now, how would it work if I want to play on PS4? Would I have to rebuy?
You can move your license to the PS4 version for free. Meaning, you don't need to pay anything extra for the PS4 version, but you will lose your ability to play it on PS3.

I'd guess you would have to actually go through the account setup/linking process on PS3 before you could do the transfer to PS4. Otherwise it would just be like you were setting up a brand new PS4 account.

So lost lol, looking for the central shroud to clear out 6 of something for a mission. Not feeling the map system so far, currently level 3.
The map is pretty bad. All I can say is that you'll get used to it once you've played a lot, and then learn your way around to the point where you don't need it anymore.

CE you get extra stuff in game (hat/minion...etc) nothing really cool just cosmetic
Standard you do not get the extra stuff

Both you get 1 free month

2.1 Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_aliYN8hNk

So I'm super confused.  They keep advertising housing in every live dev, now the official 2.1 trailer and yet said player housing won't be in until summer next year.  This doesn't look like GC housing from the trailer so WTF is it SE?  Did they re-add it to this patch magically and I missed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is FC Housing, not to mention how do you know if solo housing is any different from FC housing?

It could take longer because it might be easier for them to do FC housing first and solo later instead release housing all at once half a year later.

Lol, maybe I'll buy a FC house for myself and flip it when personal finally launches.  They need to be more clear about this stuff because that dinky house they showed in no way screams guild hall and it was labeled "Housing".  Do we even have information yet on how it's acquired because I remember reading you need a certain rank with GC to buy land there?

It didn't occur to me until now but if I buy FFXIV on PS3 right now, it just adds a license to my PC version right?  Reason I ask is because doing that would be cheaper than subbing for a month and give me access to PS4 when it comes out to boot.  To be clear, I'd want to add the standard PS3 license to my PC CE to access both.

It didn't occur to me until now but if I buy FFXIV on PS3 right now, it just adds a license to my PC version right? Reason I ask is because doing that would be cheaper than subbing for a month and give me access to PS4 when it comes out to boot. To be clear, I'd want to add the standard PS3 license to my PC CE to access both.
Yep that would work. It would add a month to your subscription. I did it the opposite way though added a PC version to my PS3 Collectors Edition

Word. Wonder if I have to wait until next month to get my BLM choco barding or if just adding the month now will do it.
Wow had no idea there was more Bardings than what can be got in the game right now. I still need to get the Odin Barding but I never seem to be on when he pops.

I guess it will depend if the Barding is added with 2.1 or another update soon, since it seems no one knows how to get it yet.

Good god, I'm reminded why I never do digital.  Took two hours to DL while I played my PS4 and 15-20 minutes to install.  Once it was up and running though, I linked the accounts and sure enough got 30 days added.  Even after all that, I had to cancel the game from updating since it was going to take another hour and a half to get patched.  FFS, ever think of updating the PSN client to INCLUDE updates SE?  Thank god I didn't have to wait for that just to set up accounts. . .

At any rate, I looked again at the new veteran rewards and realized the new ones are every 3 months.  I'm glad 1.0 subs don't count so everyone is on a level field, but they really couldn't have come up with rewards for each month?  Really SE? † (-_-) †

At any rate, I looked again at the new veteran rewards and realized the new ones are every 3 months. I'm glad 1.0 subs don't count so everyone is on a level field, but they really couldn't have come up with rewards for each month? Really SE? † (-_-) †
Wow had no idea they even listed the new rewards yet. The Hero minion is pretty cool and so is the windup leader. It does suck it is every 90 days instead of 30, I guess it pays off that my sub is the 4month one at least.

Hmm been waiting like 30 mins to enter this cave in the main story through duty finder.

Is there any other way to progress past this?
Friends & Free Company to help you out would be the best bet, shouting for help might work as well.

Patch notes are out and it's not pretty.  So many nerfs and a PvP system that's DOA for me at least.  Oh and if your FC was thinking about getting that swank guild hall to host parties at, you might end up huddled in a shack.  At least the price drops 0.14% every six hours so after a month or two you might be able to afford it:

@Jodou Just so I can understand where you are coming from, why are you so negative about everything FFXIV yet you keep playing? I really do want to understand, because this is the only FFXIV thread on CAG and I want to share my experiences with others alike.

I was pretty excited about day-1 housing buy and that would of been possible if prices were all the same across all worlds, like Yoshi-P said, due to Gil circulation difference between those 5 groups of worlds, he had to price it differently, which is worse for me, but then again I do not mind working hard knowing every other world is going to work as hard, for the next 3 months, to grab the largest housing that will last us years to come.

I, myself, think the patch notes is super awesome, yet all you do is complain (in my eyes, whine) and it really turns me off, throw my subscription to this thread in the garbage.

Because I'm disappointed they focused on FC housing over player housing first.  Because I'm disappointed they did nothing but nerf bards (literally only nerfs; nothing positive here) and WHM in this patch (my two main classes).  Because I'm disappointed Crystal Tower, extreme modes, hard modes all drop gear that are sub-par to my nearly full set of ilvl 90 loot.  Because I'm disappointed they're adding faction grinds and dailies, both of which I loved leaving behind with WoW.  Because I'm disappointed they're nerfing leve exp for HQ turn-ins when I'm not done getting every craft to 50.  Because PvP is built to handicap ranged classes at range to give melee a fighting chance (what, am I supposed to stand there like a derp while melee wails on me just so I can do full damage?).  Because I'm disappointed in this patch.

The two things off the top of my head that even resonated as positive were food persisting through death and ress immunity so you don't get killed to an aoe while waiting on an animation to play out.  Both are good changes but should have been in the game to begin with anyway.  Basically, this patch does a whole lot of nothing for me and I'll just continue to do the same things I have been with it.  I've been working on leveling my chocobo with my WHM, but they're nerfing holy damage so that just got harder solo.  There are new ways to obtain myth tomes, but until people try them out my guess is it will still be faster to just grind WP speedruns for 30 tomes/10-15 minutes.  Now that they've nerfed AK tomes down to 30, there's absolutely no reason to go there when people still fail on demon wall when I'm pugging.

Listen, I only get down on the game because I genuinely like it and hate seeing them screw things up further.  I'll keep playing because I enjoy it, but don't expect me to be cheerful when all they do is nerf me.

I also main a Bard and I am less than thrilled with the changes.  The change to Rain of Death is absurd.  They've reduced our damage as well as our utility.  Make a decision and either make us a full support or a DPS.  Not some half-assed hybrid.

I tend to agree with Jodou's assessment of 2.1.  I like that they are adding new content but it remains to be seen how much of this will be repeatable content outside of Crystal Tower and the Extreme Primals.

Why did they take Thunder away from Summoners?  Why did they nerf Holy?  Why did they add add a debuff timer for virus?  I don't understand these changes.  It seems like they added things to make Twintania more difficult so people wouldn't complain that there isn't any content left.

That being said, I do enjoy the game very much.  I just wish they had made content additions with this patch instead of changes to classes.

Why did they take Thunder away from Summoners? Why did they nerf Holy? Why did they add add a debuff timer for virus? I don't understand these changes. It seems like they added things to make Twintania more difficult so people wouldn't complain that there isn't any content left.

That being said, I do enjoy the game very much. I just wish they had made content additions with this patch instead of changes to classes.
I can answer a few: holy was nerfed because there was pressure on WHM to dps during WP speedruns and Yoshi didn't want that. Best retort I've read to that was "As a SCH, I'm not sure how I feel about this." I lol'd pretty hard having leveled SCH myself.

Thunder apparently because SMN is still top dps even post-nerf, so the blanket nerf doesn't quite make sense. Could be coupled with nerfing WHM dps.

Virus nerf was because chaining it together during high damage phases was broken. If you had a group with WHM, SCH, and SMN that's 30s of OP debuffing.

I also have to revise my statement on extreme modes because despite the ilvl (which doesn't seem to make sense) the Ifrit bracelet is now BiS for bard since it also has the same amount of dex as ilvl 90. Outside of that, coil/myth gear are all still BiS with some of the gear swapped for accuracy if you manage to get the allagan bow. Sucks the relic +1 is junk compared to a twin drop now because they decided to buff the ilvl and add 1 WD to it. Even the new Elfin bow is superior to our relic. : \

I'm still about half way to the level cap, but the more I hear about the end game makes me glad I'm not there yet.  Seems like there's a bunch of kinks to be worked out in regards to high level gear, how to acquire it, etc.  Hopefully they get it worked out in the next couple of patches.  

FYI, I've compiled the new Bard BiS list that with Deviled Eggs gives you 475 ACC and the best possible attributes otherwise.  Keep in mind this is ONLY if you can clear turn 5 since you can't get the bow or pants any other way.  If you want to use the Elfin bow and can't clear turn 5 for the pants, you'll need to adjust your accessories (allagan visor helps too) and use myth pants like normal.

I just started like 2 weeks ago and currently 27. 

So far so good, only gripes are way point/map system, its terrible and I've gotten used to it already but I still hate it. Am I the only person who despises it? Was it worst than it is right now? Because it seems pretty generic so I would be surprised if it has stayed the same since launch. 

Bards also got a ninja nerf...

Blood Letter = 150 potency and now it's 130 potency

Straight shot = 140 potency and now it's 130 potency

So tonight I:

- did my dailies

- got the coerl kitten and wolf pup

- got the snowball emote

- learned how to treasure hunt

- did the inspector quest

- did the attunements for ex primals, hardmodes, and CT

- worked on the main story quest until I got stuck where they require me to do some guildhest I don't have access to (wtf SE?)

- beat Ultima Weapon and all I got was a lousy 939g

- saw every township for FC housing and had my soul crushed because I want player housing

- crafted a full set of pvp gear for bards and put it up for sale 100k each (lol if it sells)

- and tried out the random finder, got ak, they removed like 3-4 whole packs whoop-de-doo, got 30+40 myth tomes (hurray healer bonus)

So. . .is that it? :lol:

But seriously, I don't have much interest in CT and I need to beat all the primals again so I'm guessing my daily play will be do the six dailies and level my chocobo with nerfed holy.  Pretty much what I have been doing while waiting on player housing lol.  I've noticed a lot of quality of life changes that are great, but on the content front I feel like I've seen everything there is to see heh.

I'm hopeful that once FCs start buying houses I'll get business for rare furnishings, but when I was there tonight not a single plot of land had been bought yet.  I leveled my FC by myself at least 5% in all my shenanigans tonight so I can't believe nobody is rank 6 in their guild yet.  Maybe the price really is too high. . .

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/18/save-the-snowmen-in-final-fantasy-xivs-holiday-celebration-out-today/

With the recent release of A Realm Awoken, the first major content patch for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, we’re pleased to introduce a fun seasonal event for players to enjoy. The annual Starlight Celebration has returned, and the citizens of the three city-states have done their best to decorate the towns for the occasion. Unfortunately, the snowmen they ordered from the frozen north were kidnapped (Snownapped?) en route!

Adventurers around the realm must get to the bottom of this chilly mystery and find out why the snowmen have disappeared. Could it be the mischievous imps behind the attacks? Save the snowmen, save the world.

Those adventurers willing to brave the elements will be rewarded handsomely with new seasonal outfits designed around a snowman, reindeer, and even a set of “red and white” gear that matches a certain someone’s outfit… There’s even cute reindeer barding to equip your personal chocobo with. The Starlight Celebration will be available until December 31st, 2013, so be sure to join in.

So best hidden feature of this patch: view your debuffs only.  It's about time I can finally filter out all the garbage on the debuff bar and just focus on my dots.  Just turning this on alone has upped my dps since I'm able to see at a glance when my dots are up for refresh.

Also, housing pics!  Guild on my server already has a large 1st class plot and is the only one to have a house yet.

Crystal Tower is a very fun dungeon.  Without giving anything away, I really enjoyed the unique mechanics on all of these fights.

However, I am disappointing by the difficulty of the dungeon and the fact that it only fives you 50 total mythology tomes.  While the dungeon seemed very easy for me (ilvl 88 Bard), the amount of myth received for the amount of time the dungeon took was pretty poor.

Also, the way the loot system works is terrible.  Everyone should be allowed to receive one piece of gear via the need/greed system in place.  I agree with that.  I just wish that if everyone passed the piece of loot went to a random person instead of disappearing into the abyss.  3 out of 4 dropped went unclaimed in my group.

The reason loot will rot is because nobody would ever roll greed with the potential that a need item will come up.  It's a horrible way to do loot and I don't know what they were thinking.  Personally I don't mind going in there if it's to gear an alt because I can almost guarantee I'd get greed loot if someone doesn't need it.  Otherwise, there's not a single piece of loot I could possibly need for my bard.  Everything is BiS from myth, ex primals, and coil for bard.

What's the best way to get the Relic Reborn Craft Weapon with melded materia? I just spent too long getting up to level 10 in Carpentry and I dun wanna spend the time to get to level 18. (it's boring)

Search for it on the MB?  I bet they're as cheap as 10k now and after that all you need is the materia for a carpenter to meld.

So yeah, lots of guilds are getting rank 6 now on my server yet only one house has been bought so far.  I think it's safe to say SE dun goofed on this one.  The longer guilds save for a house, the more the economy will be paralyzed.  I'm having a harder time selling anything now because people just aren't spending.  Can't move half the pvp gear I made and since ONLY one guild has a house, there's absolutely no interest in housing goods.  Sigh, they need to revisit economics 101 because this shit is pissing me off.

Yes.  Pretty much everything on the Market Board is dirt cheap and nobody is spending.  Crafting has become essentially useless.  I have to imagine that the housing prices will be reduced.  I think only one small house has been purchased on my server (Behemoth)

Wow, and you're on one of the more populated servers too compared to mine.  I should really conduct a survey to find out if players are saving for a larger house as the reason for abstinence or if they just plain can't afford a guild house.  It would stand to reason that it's the latter if you don't have any hardcore crafters in your guild.  Making money in the game is practically impossible without a 50 craft since quests/dungeons give thousands of gil at a time.  When my server was booming I could easily make half a mil gross on a good day.

I am in one of the larger guilds on the server.  We can afford a small house but we're saving up for a bigger one.  We have a few crafters in our guild but right now its damn near impossible to make money off crafting.

Right on.  The only reason our server has a guild with a large house is because they have a czar in their guild.  This guy is on constantly and pisses off other crafters just because he puts the time in to supply just about every market.  Doesn't matter to me because the market is all but dead anyway.

On another note, I was watching some pvp streams today and the common theme seems to be all mage teams with a physical dps for burst potential or to peel.  Now that I think about it WHM, SMN, BLM as a foundation means cross healing from all 3 (not to mention swiftcast ressing works in PvP, what a joke) and constant pressure from dots with a ton of CC.  Chain sleep is crazy powerful and can lock down w/e you need for ~25s.  One team is something like 300-20 running this setup, it's hilarious.  Makes me want to put together a team on my WHM but sadly I don't think our server has much interest in it.

So heads up for anyone looking to get the commendation rewards.  The new 'thing' to do at 50 is spam random guildhest queues and beg for commendations.  Seen a few people with macros now asking for commendations as a thank you for their service.  Personally I've been leveling my paladin slowly this way since tanking is a joke in them and is always 'in demand' for the bonus exp/gil.  Super fast queue times and today I ground out maybe 75 comms in a few hours.  I'm praying they don't nerf this in the hotfixes tonight, but I'm not sure SE has caught on yet.  It is pretty exploitable but I'm not begging players at least.  Proper etiquette is tank and healer vote for each other and the dps vote for each other so everyone gets at least one.

Them feels when you get 3 commendations though. . .

bread's done
Back