Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Table for one!

12871687495_2a9d96c8d9_o.png

Had some time to kill while waiting for Return to cool down... I never pay for teleportation if I can help it.

Got Twin down the other night after only a few tries with a legit crew.  It kills me that our server is so shitty, filled with bads that make it so hard to get simple fights like this down.  I should've been farming this for months because it's easier than Titan Ex.  At least going forward now that I have a decent FC and have been collecting good players in my private LS it shouldn't be too hard to get bosses down within days.

As for drops, I got bard pants and the monk fists since nobody plays it lol.

fu9OwMO.png

Totally not Minfilia's creepy stalker... :lol:

13182078335_b77f7bef0f_o.png

Finally got some new armor to replace the stupid yellow shirt I've been wearing for a million years. One more level until I can get the monk gear.

13182078925_b1db82d175_o.png

Going to rush and unlock all the stuff(quest wise) and hop right into the new primal Ex's. 

Then hopefully do the new turns depending on what the statics availability is since they're changing the reset to Tuesdays. which makes my usually Monday raid day the last day of the week...which is no good. 

A couple of interesting things...

The PS4 Collector's Edition can now be pre-ordered on Amazon. I thought it was a Square-Enix shop exclusive, but I guess not... It has also been added to the Gamestop website too, but for $85.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B00J128FPA/ref=sr_1_2_title_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395626844&sr=1-2&keywords=final+fantasy+xiv+ps4

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-collectors-edition/114246

Also, I saw the boxed time cards at my local Wal-Mart the other day. I'm still kind of surprised that they're not inside Gamestops yet, but it may be that they're waiting for the kind of cards that you can activate at the register. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of interesting things...

The PS4 Collector's Edition can now be pre-ordered on Amazon. I thought it was a Square-Enix shop exclusive, but I guess not... It has also been added to the Gamestop website too, but for $85.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B00J128FPA/ref=sr_1_2_title_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395626844&sr=1-2&keywords=final+fantasy+xiv+ps4

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-collectors-edition/114246

Also, I saw the boxed time cards at my local Wal-Mart the other day. I'm still kind of surprised that they're not inside Gamestops yet, but it may be that they're waiting for the kind of cards that you can activate at the register.
If you have the PS3 CE its a free upgrade to PS4 right?

Yep and all the rewards.  That is super tempting since I wasn't able to get the PC CE but I don't think I'd be able to sell the game easily.  Guessing it would need the disc to play or else I'd buy it and sell the code to keep the physical goodies.

Get it on PC, or maybe PS4. But the PS3 graphics were pretty bad.

(I played the beta on PS3, and 2 months on PC.)

Im not really worried about the graphics, im worried about the community(i dont wanna play a mmorpg that will die off in a year or so like star wars did :/ ) and the updates.
Btw, Is it crossplatform(servers)?

Im not really worried about the graphics, im worried about the community(i dont wanna play a mmorpg that will die off in a year or so like star wars did :/ ) and the updates.
Yes. PS3/PS4/PC people all play together on the same servers. I started my character on PS3, but I spent most of my time on PC since I like using my MMORPG mouse more than I like using a controller.

FFXI has gone on for 10+ years. Its just now starting to die off so I think you are pretty good.

Final patch notes are up and so is the patch for DL.

Important to note for glamour customers, you will need to pay attention to the ITEM LEVEL and REPAIRED BY of whatever you want to use for vanity.  For example, if you want to glamour Dual Haken for warrior you'll need a grade V blacksmith glamour prism.

This was the worst case scenario I dreamed up in terms of how the system would work and I'm pretty disappointed.  For a crafter, this means with 7 possible repair types and five grades of item levels, you would fill 35 slots of retainer space just to cover all possible scenarios for a customer and quite literally need to guess what will be popular enough to list on the market board.  I've already narrowed it down to Carpenter (for bow and lance glamours) and leatherworking/weaver (covers 75% of all armor in the game since tanks are rarer and exclusive to armorer) for what I'll be selling.  Even with those three, grade 3-5 will be the most popular so that's nine slots of retainer space to dedicate just to selling prisms.  Ideally, each craft should have got one glamour prism to rule them all and not be specific to what is repaired.  Really stupid way to implement this.

Also, they've added 3-star recipes which will almost certainly require the new main hand tools but they've also added a new helm for both gathering and crafting.  Kind of sucks I'll need to swap on this non-unique looking item any time I need to craft some of the newer stuff because I like the individual look of each AF armor heh.  Maybe I'll just glamour it to my favorite one hehe.

Other than that, too much stuff to list but one other important note is that the echo buff for turn 5 will NOT be turned on for this patch.  You'll still need to beat it legit before you can do turn 6-9, which is sure to rile people up since this is essentially attunement locked content.  Same for leviathan/moggle primal fights on ex; gotta beat ifrit ex aka titan ex since ifrit is a joke.  Those should have echo turned on at least.  The two new said fights will also not be available for DF; only 8-man pre-mades so get in party finder.

Finally, figured I'd bump this for a friend since I've raided with him in the past and give you guys something to listen to while servers are down. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXr_AsxwqIc

That's for lodestone. World maintenance is until 2AM, which is a worse end time. : \
NOT FOR US VAMPIRES!

lol jk, I actually prefer being asleep by then but as a player playing catch up in 2.1(started playing January) I want to stay ahead of the curve for 2.2 so I'll be hopping into content for a couple hours after severs go live.

Patch is madness, so much going on lol.  Making a ton of money and was out farming to get my new DoL main hands when this happened:

tOwJ0a0.png

Downed Levi Ex last night after 3 hours of attempts lol, what a joke.  All we got was pally sword, which is a piece of shit so we'll need to farm more later.  Server second for us, probably could have had first but we didn't care.  Was busy farming missing gear from coil and doing T6 attempts.  Got my gathering mainhands and LTW so far; working on ALC and WVR now but it's just time consuming crafting all the HQ shit.

Also, gardening!

yyt6BgG.png

We have like 15 weaps from there and only got 1 Mirror Of Whorl drop which luckily went to me to upgrade my bow to Tidal. 

T6 is hard, keep wiping during slugs. And its not just one person who makes mistakes its everybody. Also tempted to buy a the Saurian BRD chest from the AH but prices are stupid high atm,

Yep glam, it looks sweet. Although I just got the SOL BRD chest pieces also, had to buy the new crafted belt to reach acc and just melded crit on it.. 474 T6 and only missed once.                                                                                                                                                                                          

Some shitty ps3 screenshots:

anjHXuE.png

lo7Kz1V.png

Yep, I'm running with 475 acc and no misses from 3 hours of T6.  Few things with that fight: they need to fix ressing before blighted and NOT have a cleave go out immediately after devour.  We had a lot of attempts go south because of the bug with blighted hitting the person that recently ressed, regardless of them properly executing the mechanic and then couldn't eat the spit because they were brink of death debuffed.  As for devour for the honey glazed, it can spit you out on top of the MT and immediately cleave to which you have zero control over.  I got hit twice like that last night, one of which killed me and eventually led to a wipe because of it.  And it's not like you can just out range it or get away fast enough; it's a 180 cone and hits from center to the edge.

Wake up SE if you expect raiders to take you seriously.  There's only four bosses to test FFS.  That said, we'll down it this week since we're on the last phase and just need to iron out the beam attack while managing vines.

PS4 client is now available for download! If you participated in Phase 1, you need to redownload it. You can't search for it on the PSN store, you have to go to New Releases for the month. "Beta" starts tomorrow.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-(beta-version)/cid=UP0082-CUSA00288_00-C000030000000000

Here's the link to the Beta client for PS4 if you didn't already have it from the last beta.

Beta access will be available from Friday, April 4, 2014 to Sunday, April 6, 2014. New characters created during the beta test are limited to level 20, but all progress earned will be carried over when the game launches.

Preorder the game by Friday April 11, 2014 to get early access to the game before it officially launches on Monday April 14, 2014.

Picture time again!

First Harvest!

tm93HOw.png

Til Sea Swallows All

ihCWD57.png

First Day (Slightly NSFW)

6edeysE.png

Must_6d3983_898006.jpg

I assume the beta is working fine for everyone else? It seems like I 90k the moment I log in, every single time.

PS3 version runs fine, and my net is fine. (Its DCing me from the server, but not from PSN or my router)

Earlier everyone was getting kicked from regular servers, on PC.  Not sure what's up with PS4 beta but they better not let it create issues again for us.  Lost some time and materials from crafting thanks to 3 90k's. .

bread's done
Back