Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Yeah I have no idea whats going on, its just a 90k fest. fucking unplayable for me, I get 5-10 minutes of lag free perfection, then insane lag and 90k.

My friends are playing fine, so apparently the server just hates me. Havent had a single lag problem on any of the other games I played today

6edeysE.png
Must_6d3983_898006.jpg
Whatevs... We don't judge here

I am getting FF XIV for PS3 in mail

Questions:

1. What's the lowest speed of connection that can handle this game? (I am on 1 mbps)

2. What server you guys on so I can join you?

3. What's your tips/advice for someone starting out? (I played FFXI before I got to level 68 or something before I quit)

I appreicate this guys! Thank you

we are all on different servers. I believe we used to (probably still do) have a free company for Cag on Cactaur. 

Me Ryukishi and StryderOmega are on Cactaur  (but I have never played with them) no idea what Server Jodou is on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry JD  Here are my answers although Jodou seems to be the most knowledgable of us all :) 

1) no idea I think i run at 12mbps never really see any lag on my end when I played on PS3. I would assume 1mbps would be fine may have extended loading times

2) see my and Jodou's answers above

3) The game is similar to XI my personal opinion is work on one class to lvl 30 then switch to an alt subjob  so you can specialize 

ie. Glad + Conj = Paladin  

For alt job you can power level pretty fast doing Fate grinding or playing dungeons. The game really holds your hand and makes everything very straightforward for newcommers.  

try to pick a playstyle to what you like : Tank /Healer / DPS  This will be used for dungeons and how you will be matched up. Tanks/Healers have an easier time getting into dungeons than DPS  but if you pick one make sure you know your job otherwise people tend to yell at you. 

I don't play as much but plan to pick it back up in a few weeks when I finish up some of my others games in my backlog. 

If you have any other questions or need clarification PM me :) or ask in here I will try to reply. I might have to restart the game all together anyway because my PSN got hacked and that is what my character is tied to. 

Ahh thanks for the answers much appreicated.. im sorry to hear that.. well I love Monk I was Monk majority of time when I was on FFXI.. how much difference is it in XIV from XI? I might go for Monk again

At least you're the only BRD, I lost my T6 roll(ears)to our other BRD.
Meh, they're not BiS anyway if you have access T7 drops aka Sand/Oil. I'll be buying soldier earrings next week since I'm getting belt this week.

Ahh thanks for the answers much appreicated.. im sorry to hear that.. well I love Monk I was Monk majority of time when I was on FFXI.. how much difference is it in XIV from XI? I might go for Monk again
I think they are quite similar. I know in XIV you have specific quests for each class. Like I said before you can power level any class. I learned most of what I know (very little) from the lodestone specifically http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps3/

I will let you know my new name if you join my server should be getting my PS4 copy this weekend so when I start back up we can play together.

I must say, the PS4 version of the game is pretty much everything I could want it to be, as far as the Beta went. I only wished the launcher supported the mouse, but alas, I guess it is just a simple annoyance that I only have to deal with like once a day.

So much easier to play now that I can have multiple hot bars on screen at once and not have to make sacrifices on abilities / junk stuff.

Did anyone buy one of the previous CE's from Amazon? If so, what condition did it come in? (I always have bad luck with them and CE's)

I tried to pre-order the PS4 CE from Gamestop a week or two ago, but I could only get it shipped to me.

been debating it as well. would rather PS4 honestly wish they gave you it for free on PS4 if you bought it for PS3
I thought it was free if you had already bought it? Never mind this. I thought I was on the last page of the thread.

It looks like GameStop will be getting in-store subscription codes for Final Fantasy XIV. Also, if you buy the physical PS4 game and a 60 subscription from Gamestop (within 7 days) you'll get a $15 GameStop giftcard.

According to the advertisement these will be codes that print out onto your receipt and not physical cards.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/springsale/pdf/springfsi.pdf
That does not suck at all. I do wonder though with the 60 day sub it comes out to 15 a month. Does that include eight toons or just one?

It's been a few years since I've even sniffed a MMO. But I'm thinking this will be my go-to once I get a PS4.

The collector's edition looks awful purdy... Having a hard time telling myself to get just the standard edition. 

So this Easter event is how they should do all of them, with more than just a short quest and you're done.  Been busy hunting Easter eggs from spriggans as they're found by players and hoping to get this rumored spriggan cap from a gold egg.  It's probably not true, but I can't help trying anyway.  So far I'm on my 7th egg and have only got two 10k allagan pieces and the rest grade 5 glamours.  If the cap does come from them, I'll be sad if I don't get one. :(

And as always, some pics!

Praise the Spriggan!?

tntB7l8.png

Moonlighting

eJWrLJp.png

Happy Easter!

IITMOX0.png

Jodou bringing the sexy back to the thread

Also any thread regulars who never got the mog cap and cait sith minion who would like one hit me up Amazon gave me 2 codes for some reason.

Managed to finally get Turn 5 (Twintania) down this evening. Trophy popped shortly after the boss died during the cutscene. Felt so good to see that trophy pop too! Kind of ironic though, managed to get the kill on the eve before moving over to the PS4, which will probably make the fight smoother and easier on there. Was BLM for the fight for anyone that might care.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2348531/

Looking forward to the next Binding Coil now.  Already gotten my Tital Wave Staff from Leviathan EX, and farmed two Atma weapons so far (stardust and thyrus).  Working on my BLM books first.  This game just soaks up all the free time, and love every moment of it.  Can't wait to get on PS4 today and this weekend and get settled in. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-upgrade-from-ps3-to-ps4/

Square Enix has posted a detailed walkthrough of the upgrade/transfer process from the PS3 version of FFXIV to the PS4 version, which should be live right now. I might have to download/set-up the PS3 version that I got on sale a while ago to take advantage of this deal, though would that be enough to get into Early Access or would I have to do a proper pre-order to get an Early Access code?

The upgrade offer expires at the end of the year, for those that are going to wait on a deal or whatever to do it.

Edit: They've confirmed in the comments that the PS3-to-PS4 transfer grants Early Access privileges.

That dress is great. Is it from the Easter event?
It's not. It's a 3-star craft that only master weavers can make and requires two dress material per article (minus shoes, only one). I got all the material I needed from doing peiste maps with my FC and then crafted it myself. Not sure about your server, but on mine I can count on one hand who our master crafters are so a completed dress would probably sell for well over a mil. I'm just glad I got all the master crafter weapons done so I can do everything myself.

They went way overboard on grinds in this patch, sadly.

I got in the early access today.  Talking to people is very hard for me with a controller.  Is there a short cut that Im missing or can you hook up a key board and use it with the controller?

Just counting down the minutes for this release on PS4. Looks like a grand ol' game and I can't wait to run into some of my fellow CAGers.

Still debating that CE, though.

Any concensus as to what server most CAGs are playing on? Had the game on PS3 before but never played much. About to convert over to ps4 so figured I would see which one might be best.

I switched to Lamia as when I tried Cactaur was full. I know Jodou is on there but  I know his character is lvl 50 and he is working on End game questing most of the cags were on Cactaur though if you want to play there with them, 

Ha, didn't know you were on the server; may have even seen you around.

Speaking of Lamia, server first T7 clear by DHS (our guild):

lUHDyV3.png

Yup. Cactaur is still locked out so went ahead and made one on Lamia since it was the only other one that was mentioned. Game definitely is a huge improvement over the ps3 version at least visually.

I stopped playing it on PS3 as soon as I found out it was going to be a free upgrade to the PS4 version. Can't wait to get back into it.

I'll be snagging my copy in the morning. Won't get to play much, but I'm pretty jazzed to get started. I'll see you folks in-game!

What dropped? We got Healer Chest and Slaying Choker from T7.

Super fun fight huh.
We got garbage; healing bracers and tank neck. Hoping something bard I can use actually drops someday, because coil has been absolute shit to me for drops. We farmed T4 for some dps gear for our OT going forward in T8 and my boots STILL have not dropped. Can't wait for the same thing to happen in T7. . .

So I transferred my character over to PS4, but my subscription expired a month ago. However, I am able to log in and play actively on PS4. They specifically said that the PS4 version would NOT offer previous users another free 30 days, so I'm confused as to how I'm able to play.

bread's done
Back