Final Fight Double Impact $4.99 on PSN

[quote name='ninja dog']doh[/QUOTE]

It is kinda shareable. I believe that you have to be logged on to the account that you bought it with, but you can't play it on another machine for 24 hours.

[quote name='lukewin']This wasn't listed in the weekly update, but Final Fight Double Impact is $4.99 on PSN right now. I think the normal price is $9.99. Flock is also on sale for $7.49.[/QUOTE]

YES!!! Can't wait for the PS store to update this week!! Hope it has Castle Crashers too hehe

[quote name='Magic_Knight']YES!!! Can't wait for the PS store to update this week!! Hope it has Castle Crashers too hehe[/QUOTE]

It's updated.

DRM Alert
Do not purchase this game unless you support companies limiting your access to things you purchase for console gaming.

so what's the deal with the game? You can't play if you're not online? I do kinda want to pick this up. it would suck if you can't play this offline.

[quote name='deletion']so what's the deal with the game? You can't play if you're not online? I do kinda want to pick this up. it would suck if you can't play this offline.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Your PS3 must be connected to the internet in order to play this game.

[quote name='sadakou']DRM Alert
Do not purchase this game unless you support companies limiting your access to things you purchase for console gaming.[/QUOTE]

Just about every game you download has DRM on it. The only difference on this one is the removal of gamesharing. I don't blame them for trying to stop it, but I think they should have been more up front about it.

[quote name='ZForce915']Just about every game you download has DRM on it. The only difference on this one is the removal of gamesharing. I don't blame them for trying to stop it, but I think they should have been more up front about it.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty huge "only" difference.

Saying "removal of game sharing" is sort of sugar-coating "not playable offline" to the people who don't gameshare in the first place.

[quote name='sadakou']Correct. Your PS3 must be connected to the internet in order to play this game.[/QUOTE]

And? A lot of disk-based games require you to be connected as well. Does no one else remember the fiasco when PSN was down for a day just after Heavy Rain released & no one could play it?

People make WAY too big of a deal about this stuff. The game is $5 - if that's too rich for your blood because you can't steal it with your friends & knock it down to $1 then I'm sure you're breaking Capcom's heart by not buying it.

There are way too many Capcom employees in this thread.

Saying there are a lot of disc-based games that require an online connection doesn't make it right.

The more companies try to justify the DRM they implement this gen, the closer and closer we get to a next gen of consoles where you don't actually own anything you purchase.

There is a right way to move into the future of digital distribution and there is a wrong way.

This is the wrong way.

[quote name='lokizz']theyre selling the capcom collection for 9.99 doesnt that have both those games and more?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but it isn't for PS3 and doesn't have online for PS3.

As to the debate: I've decided against gamesharing, so this is a non-issue for me. I felt guilty enough sharing Bionic Commando Rearmed with a friend when he should have bought a copy.

Well the original point wasn't really about gamesharing in the first place, it just got shifted that way by the Capcom employees.

The original point was if you don't have internet access for ANY reason (traveling, ISP issues, etc), you can NOT play this game that you paid for.

[quote name='argyle']
People make WAY too big of a deal about this stuff. The game is $5 - if that's too rich for your blood because you can't steal it with your friends & knock it down to $1 then I'm sure you're breaking Capcom's heart by not buying it.[/QUOTE]

$5 isn't the point though. Capcom and Sony deceived people by never mentioning that it was online only. And when people complained, they were given a big fuck you from them. Such practices shouldn't be rewarded.

The "Who cares how I'm treated, as long as the game is good." attitude is one major reason why developer/publishers pull stuff like this.

[quote name='sadakou']Well the original point wasn't really about gamesharing in the first place, it just got shifted that way by the Capcom employees.

The original point was if you don't have internet access for ANY reason (traveling, ISP issues, etc), you can NOT play this game that you paid for.[/QUOTE]

You'll notice that no one commented on the capcom employee remark last time because it wasn't funny then either.

Gamesharing really shouldn't be the factor since most people are using that in a manner that it wasn't intended. I'm not excluded from that group, but I also don't get butt-hurt when I can't do it.

Being forced to be online to play a game is a concern because it is possible for the network to be down rendering that game useless, but for the most part you're always connected to the internet so how often will that come up?

I think that for $5 I'm willing to deal with the DRM. I spoke out against it by not getting it at $10.

[quote name='mogamer']$5 isn't the point though. Capcom and Sony deceived people by never mentioning that it was online only. And when people complained, they were given a big fuck you from them. Such practices shouldn't be rewarded.

The "Who cares how I'm treated, as long as the game is good." attitude is one major reason why developer/publishers pull stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

No, they "pull stuff like this" to try to stop people from stealing their games. And my point was if you're not going to buy this because you can't play it offline, then there is a list of disk-based games you had better avoid as well.

Iunno about you guys, but if my internet goes down I have bigger issues than whether or not I can play Final Fight.

Reassurance posts and false accusations against honest people aside. . .

just a heads up for everyone.

So what disc-based games require an internet connection? And by require a connection, I mean for local single and multiplayer, obviously not online.

[quote name='Psybuster']Yeah this is the non game-sharable title.[/QUOTE]
that makes it a non-purchasable title for me

[quote name='argyle']And? A lot of disk-based games require you to be connected as well. Does no one else remember the fiasco when PSN was down for a day just after Heavy Rain released & no one could play it?

People make WAY too big of a deal about this stuff. The game is $5 - if that's too rich for your blood because you can't steal it with your friends & knock it down to $1 then I'm sure you're breaking Capcom's heart by not buying it.[/QUOTE]

I know it's only five bucks and i'm sure not everyone is trying to share games. but you made the point with Heavy Rain. It was a "fiasco". people were pissed they couldn't play a game they purchased offline. sometimes the internet goes down for a few hours, maybe even days for some people. I want to know i can still jump on my console and still play games I purchased without being connected.

sweet! thanks op! ive never been a gamesharewhore so all youse guys rants are useless! its borderline piracy..

always thought $10 was way too much, but $5 seems just right!

like argyle said..if no internet, this is the least of my concern..

[quote name='V3rtigo']So what disc-based games require an internet connection? And by require a connection, I mean for local single and multiplayer, obviously not online.[/QUOTE]
That question popped into my head as well.
For consoles, I can't think of a single one.

that is lame that they require an internet connection, but it shouldn't affect me. Worst case scenario is years from now they never remove that requirement but you aren't able to connect the game to the internet for whatever reason. Doesn't really dissuade me from spending 5 bucks on 2 games I'm interested in.

I just bought it took a few mins to beat on easy some PRO joined my game and kept doing a guy reset combo, and the remixed soundtrack isn't bad

Do not purchase this game unless you support companies limiting your access to things you purchase for console gaming.

[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna buy this game just to spite all you nerds whining about something so trivial.

[quote name='argyle']No, they "pull stuff like this" to try to stop people from stealing their games. And my point was if you're not going to buy this because you can't play it offline, then there is a list of disk-based games you had better avoid as well.

Iunno about you guys, but if my internet goes down I have bigger issues than whether or not I can play Final Fight.[/QUOTE]

I don't support people game-sharing or piracy. As a matter of fact I never even mentioned it. It's not the money, or that the game can't be shared/pirated. It's about being honest with your customers and let them know upfront the whole story before they make a purchase.

[quote name='ZForce915']

I think that for $5 I'm willing to deal with the DRM. I spoke out against it by not getting it at $10.[/QUOTE]

You're not speaking out against anything if you're still buying it.

Yeah it's in the capcom collection but this version comes with tons of unlockable artwork and video including one full episode of the cheesy street fighter cartoon Series that aired on the USA channel back in the day.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was just about to pull the trigger. I'm not about to support that kind of bullshit, not even for $4.99.

Well, after all the "DRM" talk, I had a little conversation with myself -

"Well, can I play Final Fight for a couple of awesome nostalgia filled hours for the price of a HD movie rental?"
"Yes, I can."
"Here is your 5 bucks, Capcom."

Simple choice for me. Shit, I probably paid 5 bucks in quarters to play this in the arcade.

[quote name='chimpian']so is this any good?
id rather not get it (drm &lack of funds) but if it is bad ass it will be mine :)[/QUOTE]

If you enjoy old school beat-em-ups (like Streets of Rage), this is a must own. While not as good as the original TMNT: Turtles in Time game, it is certainly a classic.

By the way, Thanks OP! Sorry your thread got turned into a DRM battleground.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V3rtigo']So what disc-based games require an internet connection? And by require a connection, I mean for local single and multiplayer, obviously not online.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know the answer to this as well, since I tend to play more single player games than I play multiplayer anymore and if a game REQUIRES that I have an internet connection or I can't play it at all, then that publisher/developer can go fuck themselves and I won't buy their shitty games with such requirements.

As for the gamesharing thing, I've gameshared a bit, though only with a friend and his family on their PS3(MK 2, Noby Noby Boy, a couple of others). I don't really trust total strangers(and that's what most on CAG are)enough to let them have access to my PSN account, even though I only fund it using pre-paid cards and I've never put in a credit/debit card number.

Bought this the week it came out, couldn't play later in the day (or maybe the next day?) because my Internet wasn't working. It's an offline game, why the hell did it even require a connection. Was pretty pissed.

And nope, never game shared anything.

I'm not taking sides in this arguement (All I'm here to do is enjoy the game).

The only game I can think of is "Assassins Creed 2" for the PC.

[quote name='token2k6']sweet! thanks op! ive never been a gamesharewhore so all youse guys rants are useless! its borderline piracy..
.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's too much to expect reading comprehension. It's pretty clear a lot of people, myself included, are opposed to the online requirement. I've never "shared" a PSN game in my life.

What's that, you were just trolling? Sorry, carry on...

[quote name='fester']I guess it's too much to expect reading comprehension. It's pretty clear a lot of people, myself included, are opposed to the online requirement. I've never "shared" a PSN game in my life.

What's that, you were just trolling? Sorry, carry on...[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure what you're on about, not really trolling, just 2 pages of BS is pretty pathetic..PS3/PSN always gets dumped on, I'm a proud supporter!

[quote name='token2k6']i'm not sure what you're on about, not really trolling, just 2 pages of BS is pretty pathetic..PS3/PSN always gets dumped on, I'm a proud supporter![/QUOTE]

What there on about dumbass is the game requires you be connected to the internet at all times where it checks your connection every few minutes or it won't work thats what they are on about. Its not PSN its Capcom with awful DRM DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGMENT FOR THE MENTALLY CHALLANGED SUCH AS YOURSELF.

bread's done
Back