Finally got a cube. Game suggestions?

taiidanx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well I caved, after months of indecision, and picked up a gamecube with some store credit that I had.
I got the Following:
Gamecube +controller
Mem Card
Resident Evil -remake
Metal Gear: TS
Skies of Arcadia
Lost Kingdoms
all for : about $110 used (before tax), not bad all were in really good condition.
Also any suggestions for other good (cheap) games I should pickup that a cube virgin should be aware of?
Also, was there a sequel to Lost kingdoms? I think penny-arcade did a spot....

Get Paper Mario 2 and definitely try out Pikmin (1 or 2) and Super Monkey Ball (1 or 2), also Zelda WW and Mario Power Tennis if you like those series.

thanks for the suggestions, prolly gonna pick up mario sunshine/golf, and give metroid a try again.
I played it at a friends house and could not get into it.
Also if anyone cares the EB in Woodland, CA has a copy of RE:2 for the cube in good condition.

[quote name='taiidanx']thanks for the suggestions, prolly gonna pick up mario sunshine/golf, and give metroid a try again.
Also if anyone cares the EB in Woodland, CA has a copy of RE:2 for the cube in good condition.[/quote]

Hmmm intriguing.... I doubt I'd make the drive though

[quote name='LarryCheapO']return the kid cube for a real system like xbox or ps2[/quote]
What a well thought out and concise post^
:roll:

I already own an Xbox, and my PS2 is back home with my siblings.

[quote name='LarryCheapO']return the kid cube for a real system like xbox or ps2[/quote]
anyways, you should also get (if you into it) Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2, o even 3. Is a different type of game if you want to try out. You can also play online with it, but you need to buy the modem for the cube, an then the licence. Is that othe type of fun. Also, Metroid Pime!

*goes back to play Metroid Pime trying to get the ice Beam.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='taiidanx']thanks for the suggestions, prolly gonna pick up mario sunshine/golf, and give metroid a try again.
Also if anyone cares the EB in Woodland, CA has a copy of RE:2 for the cube in good condition.[/quote]

Hmmm intriguing.... I doubt I'd make the drive though[/quote] You should go get it then taiidanx...because...it's a good game.... ;)

I would get Blockbusters gamers rental card and rent your heart out, using suggestions people here give you of course.

[quote name='EnderBui'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='taiidanx']thanks for the suggestions, prolly gonna pick up mario sunshine/golf, and give metroid a try again.

Hmmm intriguing.... I doubt I'd make the drive though[/quote] You should go get it then taiidanx...because...it's a good game.... ;)

I would get Blockbusters gamers rental card and rent your heart out, using suggestions people here give you of course.[/quote]

I already beat the hell out of it on PSX though, and I dont want ot pay 45 bucks for a game I already have.

I am aware of its value... still ebay seems like to much of a hassle (plus outside of store credit, me = broke)
I'm saving my remaining credit for WoW, although RE4 is REALLY tempting me.

Resident Evil 0 was great, just beat it, cowboy costume is pretty hot on Rebbeca. PN 03 is a great cheap game IMHO. Robotech Battlecry was also a great cheap buy. Soul Calibur 2 because of Link. Windwaker. And a lot of the others were already mentioned.

yeah I picked up the collector's set for Robotech on XBox when it came out.... I couldn't help myself I am the biggest Robotech fan EVAR!

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='LarryCheapO']return the kid cube for a real system like xbox or ps2[/quote] How old are you...5? :roll:[/quote]

No if he were 5 he'd probably want one, sounds more like a 13 year old Halo fanboy.

Anyhow I'd suggest you try out Tales of Symphonia, its my favorite GC game by far.

Most of the Player's Choice titles are solid games. Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Zelda: Wind Waker, and Pikmin instantly come to mind. If you're willing to fork out a little cash, pick up Metroid Prime 2, Resident Evil 4, Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, or Super Smash Bros. Melee. You really can't go wrong with any of those.

[quote name='taiidanx']I meant the Macross saga, the first game to come out. Not the Next Gen (invid) stuff. Lisa Hayes = teh HOTNESs.[/quote]

I thought everyone loved lynn minmei!
:lol:
Anyways, Miriya was better.

Does the truth hurt anybody here :?: Gamecube is third best and third in sales with its low price and free game. Try to find a PS2 OR XBOX for sale anywhere there sold out.

Arg, you bought skies of arcadia? Man I tried REALLY HARD to like that game, but after 15 hours of no fun and long load times and cut scenes I just couldn't take it anymore. I so wanted to like that game..I hope you do though.

I haven't read the whole thread but games that me and my family like to play. Supermonkey ball 2, mario kart, mario party 5, zelda windwaker,

[quote name='LarryCheapO']Does the truth hurt anybody here :?: Gamecube is third best and third in sales with its low price and free game. Try to find a PS2 OR XBOX for sale anywhere there sold out.[/quote]

Why do you care what systems people own? Do you look down on someone who has a gamecube or something? I just find it childish that you come into gamecube forums to say something dumb like "the kid cube" or whatever...

Who gives a crap if the gc is third in sales, the people here enjoy it. What you say is not going to change their mind. :roll:

[quote name='LarryCheapO']Does the truth hurt anybody here :?: Gamecube is third best and third in sales with its low price and free game. Try to find a PS2 OR XBOX for sale anywhere there sold out.[/quote]

I personally believe the xbox is third in my eyes. I love my ps2 and gamecube. The only thing that makes anyone want an xbox is halo 2. But come on these people are jumping on the first person shooter bandwagon, but where were they for unreal or quake or half-life. The way i see it if i want a system that acts like a computer i might as well buy a computer.

Also, I personally love creativity over main stream. For example, katamari damacy, pikmin, monkey ball all are creative games that are under-rated by the main stream. Yes, they stem from Japan. And yes the xbox sucks big donkey balls in Japan. Xbox fanboys will buy anything mainstream, i bet most of them listen to brittny spears and n'sync too. But hey, another mindless microsoft zombie keeps the U.S. with jobs. Thank god for America.(sarcasim by the way)

i would without a doubt reccomend cubivore. i've played it for countless hours on end and cant get enough it.

i agree on skies, i got it when the price dropped @ gamecrazy, played for an hour and hated it. anyone interested pm me.

i would also reccomend i-ninja.

Gamecube has no online so=no longevity. Dreamcast has a better online than GC :shock: Plus there are so many thrid party games that only go to Xbox and PS2.

Yes I like PS2 not a Halo fanboy.PD Zero will be better.

[quote name='LarryCheapO']Gamecube has no online so=no longevity. Dreamcast has a better online than GC :shock: Plus there are so many thrid party games that only go to Xbox and PS2.

Yes I like PS2 not a Halo fanboy.PD Zero will be better.[/quote]

I came to this intially to recommed eternal darkness (great game IMO), then I read this post, you are new so I'll be nice, this section the forum is not meant for people to say negitive things about the gamecube, if you don't like the gamecube post in the forums for other systems (or on other websites that tolerate this). please do not let this happen again :)

You sir ar correct, there was a sequel made for Lost Kingdoms. I picked it up at the $5 CC sale last summer but ahve yet to play and am in need of finding the first.

FOr games,

F-Zero GX - (if you like racing games)
Metroid Prime
Paper Mario 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee. - (How did you not pick up Metroid Prime, Paper Mario 2, and Super Smash Bros. is beyond me. These are probably the absolute best on the Cube for games)
Tales of Symphonia - (Another awesome RPG)
Soul Calibuer 2 - (best version IMHO)
Mario Kart: Double Dash - (wait for this one to be cheap though since it's due at anytime to become PC I feel)

[quote name='LarryCheapO']Gamecube has no online so=no longevity. Dreamcast has a better online than GC :shock: Plus there are so many thrid party games that only go to Xbox and PS2.

Yes I like PS2 not a Halo fanboy.PD Zero will be better.[/quote]

What are you talking about? I could care lesss about online so I don't care. If I want multiplayer action I call up some friends and hang around and have a good time. The GCN has so many more multiplayer games it isn't funny. I find it laughable that you say you aren't an Xbox/Halo fanboy. Sure :roll: . My Xbox gets so much less action than my GCN. There have been games that I have liked on the Xbox but nothing stupendous really. Couldn't stand Halo 1/2 but the Xbox's best game IMO is Star Wars: KOTOR 1/2.

Give us some info..

There are tons of good games. Personally for those of us who are just getting a cube they have the best options. Normally its quality over quantity on Gamecube.

Between the cube, my life, and a computer I am so backlogged its not even funny. Thats not including the many games on DC and Snes I want to still play. I never liked the N64 it bothers me and is to choppy.

Back to the point.

So far a couple I can think of enjoying are:
Resident Evil 4 (so great)
Wind Waker
F Zero
Metroid Prime (the second I tried it time it takes time to get into it)
Pikmin
Mario Party x
Monkey ball
Beyond Good and Evil
Prince of Persias
Hunter ( its pretty fun with 4 players)
There are many many others but I will stop there.

They are not all for everyone. So try it out first, but dont base the opinion of the gamecube on one or two games its more of a niche market.

After reading the suggestions and being a new owner of a Gamecube I would suggest Luigi's Mansion. It's a puzzle game that is geared for kids but for some unknow reason I can't stop playing it until I've finished it. Just a thought.

Ben

[quote name='tcrash247']RE4
Eternal Darkness
Metroid Prime
F Zero GX if you like a challenge
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Mario Sunshine[/quote]

I just have to chime in and say I second this entire list.

You need a Wavebird for sure, that should be next on the list.

Games-
Zelda
SSMB
Super Money Ball 1 (The second is crap.)
F-Zero (Just don't try Story Mode.)
Waverace (Great cheap game.)
Mario POWER Tennis
Beyond Good and Evil everyone should own by now.

Overrated games -

Eternal Darkness (A terribly bad game everyone loves because of the story. If you want a cool story and bad camra and gameply, then buy it.)

Mario Sunshine (All the levels are tropical, no mountain tops or anything, it gets really lame and boring. Plus the story is so bad, even for Mario, that you will laugh so hard you will have to shut off the game.)

Pikmin 1 (Most boring and repetitive game I have played in years. The gameplay is all the same for 30 days and you have this dumb time limit so once you get to a cool place you have to turn around. I would wait until Pikmin 2 falls in price.)

Nobody has said it yet, but if you like 2d shooters and rediculous difficulty pick up Alien Hominid easily the best contra/metal slug game to come out in a while.

Also Ikarugu is fantastic!

Hey, no one's mentioned Zelda: Four Swords yet. :D That's a fun game!; even on single-player mode. Definately check that one out if you're a fan of the 'classic' 2-D Zelda games ( like 'A Link to the Past' ).

OH, and Animal Crossing rocks ^_____^

-Sue

bread's done
Back