Fingerhut 50% off Clearance includes Video Games - FFTA for $18.19 shipped

nickelpin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Heh, its a deal, but weird. Mario Golf Advance: $25 is the 30% off price. The promo code actually takes off 50% of the list price, meaning it subtracts $17. And then adds $10 shipping :shock:

For $17.69 shipped, I will have to think about it for a bit.

even with the %50 off code most of the games are still more expensive than just walking into a store and buying them. Though games like Kirby for the DS and Mario Golf/Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA are pretty good deals as are a few gamecube games, I just wouldn't be cought dead buying a game like Madden 2005 when the reseller says "Oh it /was/ $69.99, i'm cutting you a deal!" but they can get away with it because they make no mention of the MSRB pricetag because that's treading into legal areas there.

[quote name='msdmoney']Hmmm, they seem to be using a devious % off. Kirby CC is "30% off" but $34.88, isn't MSRP $34.99?[/QUOTE]

You get 30% off of the $34.88, then 50% off of the result. Unfortunately, shipping pretty much kills it, bringing it to $22.29 shipped - a decent price, but not a "must order now" price. Perhaps if there were a few games worth getting, the savings might add up, but with so many great sales lately, it is hard to justify.

Edit: Some items are more than 30% off. Men of Valor, for example, is 73% off of the listed $18.88 price, making it $5.10 (plus $6.81 shipping) = $12.84. I'm not stating that that makes it worth it, but it is something to consider. Also, my earlier speculation that the savings might add up appears to have been erroneous -- I believe shipping per item does not decrease with multi-item orders.

710010.jpg

Fingerhut caters to people with very poor credit. They only stay in business because some are tempted by the low monthly payment. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make monthly payments on such trivial things. It's sad that many are forced to though. :(

[quote name='Rayny']Fingerhut caters to people with very poor credit. They only stay in business because some are tempted by the low monthly payment. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make monthly payments on such trivial things. It's sad that many are forced to though. :([/QUOTE]

People in that bad shape shouldn't be spending money on video games. ESPECIALLY not that much.

[quote name='Rayny']Fingerhut caters to people with very poor credit. They only stay in business because some are tempted by the low monthly payment. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make monthly payments on such trivial things. It's sad that many are forced to though. :([/QUOTE]

You are right.... i started building credit with Fingerhut. They were my second credit card. I got MGS3: Snake Eater for $70. I knew that it was an ass-raping $20 over MSRP. Luckily shipping was free. I only got it to build credit. I have never bought anything from them again because of the high prices.

[quote name='anubis20']You are right.... i started building credit with Fingerhut. They were my second credit card. I got MGS3: Snake Eater for $70. I knew that it was an ass-raping $20 over MSRP. Luckily shipping was free. I only got it to build credit. I have never bought anything from them again because of the high prices.[/QUOTE]

Oi vey...

Picked that one up at CC for $10 on black friday.

Hmm, LOTR: ROTK and and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for $48.88, Madden 2005 (yes, 2005) for $43.88. Is Fingerhut doing business from Bizarro World?

bread's done
Back