Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have both but I don't like using the XL outside of my house. From the article it appears they are going to make a circle pad pro for the XL which would only INCREASE its size.
[/QUOTE]

They already made a CPP for XL. Just finally has an announcement outside of Japan. Just need a US release and I'm happy. Personally though, I don't find the size of XL to be that bad. Coming from someone who has extremely small hands.

[quote name='etcrane']The XL is the superior system ... sure the 3DS version looks a bit nicer, but you're buying a console to play it, not stare at the outside. Even with the lack of visual flair on the XL Fire Emblem bundle, I would be pissed at NOA for releasing an inferior bundle in the US.

The only thing the original 3DS has going for it over the XL is a slightly smaller form factor. Otherwise, the XL offers larger screens, a better finish, a more comfortable fit in one's hands and higher quality start, select and home buttons.[/QUOTE]

Lookit that opinion fly.

[quote name='etcrane']
The only thing the original 3DS has going for it over the XL is a slightly smaller form factor. Otherwise, the XL offers larger screens, a better finish, a more comfortable fit in one's hands and higher quality start, select and home buttons.[/QUOTE]

Bolded is subjective. I like the glossy finish on the 3DS vs. matte of the XL. I have fairly big hands and if the 3DS is about as big as the DSL, i can see that the 3DS size might be a bit cramped for me.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']They already made a CPP for XL. Just finally has an announcement outside of Japan. Just need a US release and I'm happy. Personally though, I don't find the size of XL to be that bad. Coming from someone who has extremely small hands.[/QUOTE]

So in essence all 17" laptops are superior to there 13" and 15" counterparts?

I don't find the XL to be aesthetically pleasing at all and despite having a pink one in my house (it's my girlfriends) I don't do anything for me as far as portability.

If they made a 9" cell phone I certainly wouldn't buy it because I like my cell phone to fit in my pocket.

These bigger are better people sound like the goofs on facebook that are taking pictures of themselves in the mirror using the camera on their iPad

[quote name='bob330i']Bolded is subjective. I like the glossy finish on the 3DS vs. matte of the XL. I have fairly big hands and if the 3DS is about as big as the DSL, i can see that the 3DS size might be a bit cramped for me.[/QUOTE]

It's the shape of the 3DS that makes it uncomfortable to hold as well. It's too blocky, whereas the XL is more curved.

But the XL fire emblem bundle is inferior to the 3ds bundle. If you're going to buy a special edition console, you're going to want it to look awesome and unique. 3ds bundle beats the XL bundle easily in that regard. Unfortunately I can't justify purchasing it, can't downgrade myself from the XL back to the 3ds.

[quote name='confoosious']wow the 3DS console sure looks great compared to the XL.

So where are all the "would buy this if it were XL" people? Cause while opinions are subjective, anyone who thinks the XL version is better must be blind.[/QUOTE]

?
Why would people who wanted the XL version have to agree that it looks better too?
They wanted it to be an XL because it's an XL.

[quote name='maximumzero']Lookit that opinion fly.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to ... the facts throughout this site? 90% of the content posted on CAG, outside of the deals, are opinions. I fail to see your point.

[quote name='djricekcn']Still looking for EU bundle that can ship to usa[/QUOTE]

Would you really want to have to import all your games though? Unless its a secondary system you aren't using and just collecting.

Try someplace like Zavvi, just wait a few days for retailers to list it.

[quote name='etcrane']Would you really want to have to import all your games though? Unless its a secondary system you aren't using and just collecting.

Try someplace like Zavvi, just wait a few days for retailers to list it.[/QUOTE]

i'm not buying it to play on it, i already have japanese 3ds and ll for that.

I don't usually talk about 3DSes.....but when I do....I prefer the original 3DS.

But seriously, I bought the original 3DS when it was launched and when people started to talk about how great the XL was, I decided to jump ship and get the XL since I never got the regular DS XL before. When I got it and played Mario Kart 7 on it I was like "holy shit this motherfackerisgoddamnpixelatedwtf!!!11" Super disappointed. I really don't see how people can't tell how blown up the XL's screen is to make everything look like 1024x768 resolution on a 1680x1050 resolution screen...in FULL SCREEN. If you haven't, give it a shot and you'll see how blurry and pixelated it can be.

As for the Euro FE 3DS XL bundle, it gets uglier every time I see it. They might as well include the decal before putting in on the cover because what if I want it in the back? (that's what she said) That said, there don't have the frame decors from the original FE 3ds and that XL color just looks tacky with the main decal. There's also no gloss coating that goes over the decal which the regular 3DS has that protects the image from being scratched off.

But who cares, this is just my opinion anyways so please take it with a grain of salt. I personally prefer the regular 3DS over the XL; The gloss finish is way higher quality vs the matte flat that looks like some cheap plastic China knock-off, the elegant Select, Start, and Home buttons on the original vs the plastic button ones on the XL that looks as if they were bought from Home Depot and from a DIY blueprint.

God that Euro bundle is ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']
I don't find the XL to be aesthetically pleasing at all and despite having a pink one in my house (it's my girlfriends) I don't do anything for me as far as portability.

These bigger are better people sound like the goofs on facebook that are taking pictures of themselves in the mirror using the camera on their iPad[/QUOTE]

Well... apparently your girl-friend certainly thinks bigger IS better! ROFLMAO! :rofl:

I think the XL looks really ugly compared to the 3DS. My only gripe for the US version is that the game is digital. I want one, but since I don't plan on opening it, the digital copy is completely worthless to me.

Anyone have any idea if you access the EU eShop from the states and pay with something like Visa. Seeing as how full games are available for download could I import the XL Bundle then just download games from Europe's eShop??

The only reason I've stuck with my launch 3DS and never purchased an XL was because I heard the screen resolution was the same on the XL they just increased the screen but not the resolution. I'm sure its not an issue but if I would want to pay more money I would have liked them to increase the screen resolution.

[quote name='GBAstar']So in essence all 17" laptops are superior to there 13" and 15" counterparts?

If they made a 9" cell phone I certainly wouldn't buy it because I like my cell phone to fit in my pocket.

These bigger are better people sound like the goofs on facebook that are taking pictures of themselves in the mirror using the camera on their iPad[/QUOTE]
Sorry. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this respond doesn't really make sense while quoting mine. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly. With laptops, doesn't matter about the size. Most laptops are different so I would get the one that best suits me. 3DS and XL are pretty much the same with it comes to performance. It plays 3DS games which is what I need it to do. All I said is I didn't find the XL to be all too big. My hands are small and they fit comfortable. I kinda wear tight-ish pants and it fits in my pocket perfectly. It's portable.

Bigger is better can be true sometimes. I just enjoy the XL more cause of the slight changes like matte finish. The bigger screen is nice. Though I felt the 3DS screen should of been a little bigger in the first place.

Finally caught up on the posts, been away for a few days. Thanks for the info on the screen scratching issue. I now have my Hori screen protector applied to this thing so i can start using it. By the way those little wipes you get with the hori packs are ok for the initial wipe, but dont use them afterwards. I got a tiny scratch on the top screen protector now after using it a few days later. Kinda pissed. Application was a bit screwy too, ruined the first one because the last part you pulled out ripped and got stuck under the protector o_O got a bunch of dust on it when i tried to pull it out.

Anyway, got the Marth DLC with a quick speed run earlier. I just wanted to verify. Once i d.load it its always available right? Even if i wipe my saves and start a completey fresh save? I dont want to lose it on later playthroughs, or when i start playing on a cart copy instead of the digital copy. Now to figure out how the spotpass stuff works, its pretty damn confusing.

The posts about the 3DS scratching the screen were crazy. After reading the replies here and looking online it definitely looks like it is true. Can i still get them with the hori protector on? I know it would just damage the protector but thats still friggin lame. Im wondering if its best to keep the little Styrofoam divider in place. Do you guys still use it?

[quote name='Raiden8816']XL looks like the launch blue with a decal slapped on it.

Not impressed.

I love my FE bundle 3DS. The color is awesome in the light. Its a nice blue similar to the DS Lite's cobalt blue. Plus my appears to have a nice transition to a darker blue at the bottom of the system.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That thing is friggin FUGLY. Ours looks a lot better. I already thought the US one was a little bit too light blue IMO, the XL looks more like a friggin baby blue. When you compare our FE 3DS to something like the old DS lite cobalt blue its obvious its a much lighter color. Still a middle of the road blue, if not the deep royal blue i was hoping for. That XL just looks blea.

You can see the color comparison in the unboxing i did a little while back, near the end. This thing looks pretty cool but i would have liked a deeper royal blue like the old DS's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCynywWW8W8

when the 3ds was released, i really didnt care about it.

this past weekend i had some GS credit to burn and they had 1 FE edition left, so i grabbed it.

i have to say, im super impressed.
both with the game and the system.

They should have included the physical game and made the same model in XL, then it would be sold like hotcakes. A lot of Gamestop here have the system still available. Check Newegg, they are available as well, no tax for some states.

[quote name='Shugo2540']The only reason I've stuck with my launch 3DS and never purchased an XL was because I heard the screen resolution was the same on the XL they just increased the screen but not the resolution. I'm sure its not an issue but if I would want to pay more money I would have liked them to increase the screen resolution.[/QUOTE]

It's the same resolution. They can't change the resolution or there would be performance issues. But, honestly, the resolution isn't an issue. Do you see a bit more jaggies on the screen? Yes. But all that is negated to me by the size of the screen. It's so much nicer to look at.

If you're still interested in playing DS games on your 3DS, that's enough of a reason to upgrade to an XL right there. DS games were practically unplayable on the 3DS because they looked so blurry/bad. They look as they were designed to look on the XL (basically look the same as they did on the DS XL).

Although the biggest improvement is the fact that I can play the XL for more than 10 minutes without my hand cramping up. The 3DS was the biggest unergonomic piece of crap ever. I have average sized hands and it was too cramped for me.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Finally caught up on the posts, been away for a few days. Thanks for the info on the screen scratching issue. I now have my Hori screen protector applied to this thing so i can start using it. By the way those little wipes you get with the hori packs are ok for the initial wipe, but dont use them afterwards. I got a tiny scratch on the top screen protector now after using it a few days later. Kinda pissed. Application was a bit screwy too, ruined the first one because the last part you pulled out ripped and got stuck under the protector o_O got a bunch of dust on it when i tried to pull it out.

Anyway, got the Marth DLC with a quick speed run earlier. I just wanted to verify. Once i d.load it its always available right? Even if i wipe my saves and start a completey fresh save? I dont want to lose it on later playthroughs, or when i start playing on a cart copy instead of the digital copy. Now to figure out how the spotpass stuff works, its pretty damn confusing.

The posts about the 3DS scratching the screen were crazy. After reading the replies here and looking online it definitely looks like it is true. Can i still get them with the hori protector on? I know it would just damage the protector but thats still friggin lame. Im wondering if its best to keep the little Styrofoam divider in place. Do you guys still use it?

I agree. That thing is friggin FUGLY. Ours looks a lot better. I already thought the US one was a little bit too light blue IMO, the XL looks more like a friggin baby blue. When you compare our FE 3DS to something like the old DS lite cobalt blue its obvious its a much lighter color. Still a middle of the road blue, if not the deep royal blue i was hoping for. That XL just looks blea.

You can see the color comparison in the unboxing i did a little while back, near the end. This thing looks pretty cool but i would have liked a deeper royal blue like the old DS's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCynywWW8W8[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you so cool with that Suikoden II and Breath of Fire IV in the background! That surely wasn't intentional! In one of my unboxing videos, I'm going to *accidentally* put my complete copies of Earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and PC version of Twisted Metal 2 in the background!!!1

[quote name='Kenshindono']Finally caught up on the posts, been away for a few days. Thanks for the info on the screen scratching issue. I now have my Hori screen protector applied to this thing so i can start using it. By the way those little wipes you get with the hori packs are ok for the initial wipe, but dont use them afterwards. I got a tiny scratch on the top screen protector now after using it a few days later. Kinda pissed. Application was a bit screwy too, ruined the first one because the last part you pulled out ripped and got stuck under the protector o_O got a bunch of dust on it when i tried to pull it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCynywWW8W8[/QUOTE]

Really, you just pull off the protector when you are ready to sell the system, which I assume is why you are interested in protecting it in the first place. So if you get them on the protector it will not matter, and you will get scratches on the protector no matter what you do but that is the point of it, to keep the scratches off the screen.

If you want it to look perfect you will have to apply new protectors every so often.

My bottom screen protectors get scratched as soon as I put the stylus to it, so I am not going to even try keeping that in perfect shape or I would be applying a new protector every day!! But I can say when you take it off the screen will still be in perfect shape. Hori protectors were the worst for me, not only did they scratch instantly just like the other cheap ebay protectors but they also developed a cloudy film on them for who knows what reason. Now I just buy the cheap ebay ones, they work the same and you can get like 3 packs for a dollar, they don';t develop the cloudy film. The ebay protector I have on my top screen is actually really good because it seems to wipe away super easy.

The styrofoam thing did not work for me, I tried putting it inbetween the screens but the system still made smudges on the top screen.

The smudges are more noticeable on the right side of the screen for whatever reason, this is true for both my 3DS and my cousin's 3DS.

These things just need to come with protectors applied at the factory or at least a set of 3 screen protectors for both the top and bottom screens in the box, ditto for the Wii U tablet. I have seriously seen people use a pretzel stick as a stylus, yes... a pretzel...

as far as the pretzel stick, thats on the consumer, not the company, lol.

Unless you have kids though, I dont see the need for a protector on the Wii U.

Quick question: what brightness setting do you guys set your 3DS to? I usually set my handhelds (and all monitors/TV's atually) pretty low. But the 3DS seems to look really dim on anything below 4. It also seems to deaden the colors a bit and lower the 3D effect. I play my Vita on about 35% or so and my old Lite was on a 2 or 3 i think, as was my PSP. Just wondering if you guys leave it cranked or drop it down. I really want to play on 3 for battery life and since i game in the dark most of the time, but the duller colors just bug me

[quote name='SaraAB']
Really, you just pull off the protector when you are ready to sell the system, which I assume is why you are interested in protecting it in the first place. So if you get them on the protector it will not matter, and you will get scratches on the protector no matter what you do but that is the point of it, to keep the scratches off the screen.

If you want it to look perfect you will have to apply new protectors every so often.

My bottom screen protectors get scratched as soon as I put the stylus to it, so I am not going to even try keeping that in perfect shape or I would be applying a new protector every day!! But I can say when you take it off the screen will still be in perfect shape. Hori protectors were the worst for me, not only did they scratch instantly just like the other cheap ebay protectors but they also developed a cloudy film on them for who knows what reason. Now I just buy the cheap ebay ones, they work the same and you can get like 3 packs for a dollar, they don';t develop the cloudy film. The ebay protector I have on my top screen is actually really good because it seems to wipe away super easy.

The styrofoam thing did not work for me, I tried putting it inbetween the screens but the system still made smudges on the top screen.

The smudges are more noticeable on the right side of the screen for whatever reason, this is true for both my 3DS and my cousin's 3DS.

These things just need to come with protectors applied at the factory or at least a set of 3 screen protectors for both the top and bottom screens in the box, ditto for the Wii U tablet. I have seriously seen people use a pretzel stick as a stylus, yes... a pretzel...
[/QUOTE]

Well the reason i want the screen protector is because i want to avoid scratching such a nice looking system. I have no intention of selling it later. I know that the scratches shouldn't affect the system but it bugs me that i already have a few little ones from the stupid wipe =P Very strange about the hori protectors turning cloudy.. maybe you have a lot of humidity where you live? Everything i read indicated the Hori protectors were the best out there. Outa curiosity what brand are the ebay ones you get? Just some generic chinese knock off?

Hmm that highlighted text is very disconcerting.. laying the styrofoam back in doesn't help even with the screen protector on? Do you take your 3DS around in your pocket a lot? I will never be taking mine outside pretty much. Im in the process of finding a carrying case for it right now but im not planning on getting a super compact one that may put pressure on it. I was thinking of the regular Hori case (not the compact one). Its quite annoying putting the Styrofoam back every time i open it. Id rather not even mess with it, especially if it doesn't help at all!

[quote name='typesdragon']They should have included the physical game and made the same model in XL, then it would be sold like hotcakes. A lot of Gamestop here have the system still available. Check Newegg, they are available as well, no tax for some states.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother, im still very miffed about no physical copy. Not even a damn manual. But from what ive seen online it appears you dont get a real manual in the physical copy either. Its a shitty fold out thing.. kinda like the original Ratchet and clank. What the hell is going on with game companies ditching manuals these days? I dont mind it with simple FPS's and sports games and stuff, but WTF! RPG fans want a god damn REAL manual!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Oh man, you so cool with that Suikoden II and Breath of Fire IV in the background! That surely wasn't intentional! In one of my unboxing videos, I'm going to *accidentally* put my complete copies of Earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and PC version of Twisted Metal 2 in the background!!!1[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you so cool flaming someone who was trying to show someone a color comparison for something they were talking about in a relevant thread! You know, it never ceases to amaze me what dick holes people can be online.. yeesh. I replied to a post discussing the color of the Fire Emblem 3DS. The guy said the color was similar to the old blue DS lites, i was putting a link showing, NO its not, its actually quite a bit lighter. Any particular reason your being a pillowbiting little cock bite flaming bitch?

In case you didn't notice the room is a fucking mess. I got games and videos and unopened packages strewn everywhere as ive been trying to sort out my collection and have been replaying older games a lot lately. I had to push stuff to the side just to make a little room in the corner for the video. Suikoden II I am actually in the middle of a playthrough right now, the PS1 and Saturn are off camera to the left and i had to push some of their games over to the right to make room. I guess I was trying to show off all those cables, controllers, boxes, and random anime too! oh boy, you got me! Christ, die in a fire.

Also the bottom of the system scratches instantly when you put it down on a surface, so put something on that before you start using the system if you are really worried about scratches, My 3DS sits on a shelf most of the time when not in use and I don't carry it in my pocket, that would look a bit silly. When I take it out it goes in my purse inside a case.

You can also get protectors on eBay that cover the whole top screen not just the screen part, I haven't tried one yet but if you are really looking to prevent scratches this is the way to go. I don't see any difference between hori and other brands of screen protectors, screen protector film is the same IMO its just cheaper to buy it on eBay. I also need about 3-4 tries before I can get a protector on right so buying 3-4 hori's would be quite pricey.

Also the person who used the pretzel on the DS was an adult, she took the pretzel and used it on the DS while her son was playing. I think the kid was using a regular stylus or none at all.

FYI Newegg sold out of the bundle last night.

Toys R Us & Gamestop still have it for sale online (although very few GS stores show in-store availability this week compared to the last few weeks). Not sure how many other reputable retailers carry it.

Just a heads-up if anyone was considering picking one up

[quote name='GBAstar']FYI Newegg sold out of the bundle last night.

Toys R Us & Gamestop still have it for sale online (although very few GS stores show in-store availability this week compared to the last few weeks). Not sure how many other reputable retailers carry it.

Just a heads-up if anyone was considering picking one up[/QUOTE]

when I search newegg for the 3ds it says "sold out" but when I click on it it still lets you add it to your cart.

not sure if that means they got more in and they have a lot more to sell, or if they only have a few left from declined cards.

edit: I answered my own question I tried adding 3 and it said only 1 was available so I bought it.. newegg is usually pretty bad with their inventory system so most likely if I bought the last one it will be canceled.. we'll see

[quote name='SaraAB']Also the bottom of the system scratches instantly when you put it down on a surface, so put something on that before you start using the system if you are really worried about scratches, My 3DS sits on a shelf most of the time when not in use and I don't carry it in my pocket, that would look a bit silly. When I take it out it goes in my purse inside a case.

You can also get protectors on eBay that cover the whole top screen not just the screen part, I haven't tried one yet but if you are really looking to prevent scratches this is the way to go. I don't see any difference between hori and other brands of screen protectors, screen protector film is the same IMO its just cheaper to buy it on eBay. I also need about 3-4 tries before I can get a protector on right so buying 3-4 hori's would be quite pricey.

Also the person who used the pretzel on the DS was an adult, she took the pretzel and used it on the DS while her son was playing. I think the kid was using a regular stylus or none at all.[/QUOTE]

ohh, thanks for that heads up. I'll try to keep it on cloth type surfaces. I tend to baby my stuff though so it will probably be fine. The Hori protectors cover the entire top of the system. Inside part at least.

Im just leery about my handheld screens after i realized how easily the PSP screen scratched. That thing was made of friggin butter or something. Strangely i put nothing on the vita though and havent scratched it yet

I want to give some of my time to give some feedback on the FE bundle. I bought this and I am very satisfied with it. With that said, there are also a lot of things I was disappointed with.

Cons:
-no charge cradle included
-no physical copy of the game FE awakening
-no club points for getting physical separate copy of FE game.
-price is hardly a savings of $10 off retail price(so many sales on the other colors, bundles and xl consoles makes the $10 savings moot)
-face buttons and d pad,slider too far up on top' making them too close to the shoulder pads. Size of the portable is fine and perfect. Basically a ds lite size, but i wished button layout was lower. But i guess thats what the XL is for.
-smaller screen size of the xl
-ds games look worse than xl or ds lite screens

Pros:
-main plus is the COLOR! You wont find or be able to get this color iN the US outside of this bundle.
-paint color has a nice metallic finish and shine. And covered in some type of glass/plastic. Pictures dont do the console look justice. You must see and handle the console in person. It's much sharper in shine than pics.
-(subjective) XL doesnt feel as expensive with the material of the casing. I like mat finishes, but i feel like the xl has a cheaper feel of the encasing than the regular 3ds. The surface of the inside is unpainted and cheqp to me.
-resolution of screen fits perfect for the screen size(no jaggies on games).
-color. Did i mention the color is nice?

I actually really wanted this console and contemplated on importing the Japanese version last year. Despite it being so kuch more expensive than a US 3ds. What prevented me is the region lock. THIS is why I still think this bundle is worth it for me. I consider myself lucky and glad that Nintendo decided to bring some of these cobalt blue 3ds consoles here. I did this for the ds lite. Paid $60 more for a japanese blue ds lite that wasnt sold in the US. Dont tell me about how there IS blue ds lites in the us. Those were the dual colored black/blue ds lites. I got a full all blue ds lite that has the same glass shiny cover of the first edition ds lites. The cobalt blue 3ds is a regularly manufactured system in Japan. $239 in play asia but region locked. No game included. Nintendo of America will likely focus on the XL from now on. I dont expect any new regular 3ds colors.

Do DS Games really look worse? I thought there was a trick like holding select or something when the game was loading.

I haven't played an DS games on my girlfriends XL but they look fine on my 3DS

Birthday is coming up, and I am still seriously pondering between this or an XL. Hmmm... Decisions decisions. Any in put? I do enjoy the Fire Emblem series, and seeing how Monster Hunter is only a few weeks away with no signs of an Exclusive Bundle, I am seriously considering this.

What i meant about the club points is u get non for having a digital copy of the game. But correct me if wrong in that.
I want to mention that i got a full protection skinomi dry apply stuff and used a 60% off code for $8 and covered the console up. I didnt use the screen ones though. Bought Hori branded screen prots for that. I will reuse the foam paper thing that came with the console to cushion the two screens when closed in addition to screen protectors.
As for the charge dock/cradle. I ordered one from the nintendo store
store.nintendo.com
They re $4 each plus shipping($2 for me in CA).

I absolutely love this console and i am glad i can play US games on it and didnt have to import a japanese console. I was waiting to see if those flash cards would break the copy protection so i can play US games on a japanese cobalt console. But i am much more pleased to have a US version plus i would have access to the eshop.

[quote name='Alucard400']What i meant about the club points is u get non for having a digital copy of the game. But correct me if wrong in that.
I want to mention that i got a full protection skinomi dry apply stuff and used a 60% off code for $8 and covered the console up. I didnt use the screen ones though. Bought Hori branded screen prots for that. I will reuse the foam paper thing that came with the console to cushion the two screens when closed in addition to screen protectors.
As for the charge dock/cradle. I ordered one from the nintendo store
store.nintendo.com
They re $4 each plus shipping($2 for me in CA).

I absolutely love this console and i am glad i can play US games on it and didnt have to import a japanese console. I was waiting to see if those flash cards would break the copy protection so i can play US games on a japanese cobalt console. But i am much more pleased to have a US version plus i would have access to the eshop.[/QUOTE]
If you have your account synced with your DS, yes you should get the same points for the digital copy...though I'm not sure how these systems with the game preloaded works.

[quote name='GBAstar']Do DS Games really look worse? I thought there was a trick like holding select or something when the game was loading.

I haven't played an DS games on my girlfriends XL but they look fine on my 3DS[/QUOTE]

DS games look just fine on the 3DS XL. In fact, this system has gotten me back into a lot of my DS library just because I get to play them on such a beautiful screen.

The native resolution of the 3DS screen is different from that of the DS. Because of this, DS games are upscaled to match the resolution of the screen. If you hold down start + select, the game will load in a smaller window at the native DS resolution. I am not bothered in the least bit by the smaller window, but I can definitely tell when I am running a DS game upscaled. Games have a washed out, jaggy appearance.

[quote name='Alucard400']I want to give some of my time to give some feedback on the FE bundle. I bought this and I am very satisfied with it. With that said, there are also a lot of things I was disappointed with.

Cons:
-no club points for getting physical separate copy of FE game.
[/QUOTE]
Just make your club nintendo account a family one and set up a sub-account within that and you'll get the points. Not at all difficult.

[quote name='zeb06']If you have your account synced with your DS, yes you should get the same points for the digital copy...though I'm not sure how these systems with the game preloaded works.[/QUOTE]

The preloaded Wii U games were registered to club nintendo accounts. No reason why this won't be the same. All digital games have the same coin value as retail.

Also the cash equivalent of nintendo coins is small. You can buy a $10 game for 200 coins or a $5 game for 150 coins, so at $.05 per coin, at 50 coins the added value is a maximum of $2.50, which you can only spend on what's available on nintendo's website if you have enough vouchers to redeem.

I checked the links in the first page. none of them seem to have it anymore. the gamestop page is taken down. i would say, this is now officially rare from Toys R Us, Gamestop, and newegg.

HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

bread's done
Back