fire emblem, battalion wars, and chibi robo $5 each @ hastings (CR/YMMV)

aniousjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
it's been discussed in the hastings thread earlier, but i thought to reiterate for those still looking. picked these up for the rhino deal, but anyways:

clearence rentals of the one's mentioned are $5 each, and the b2g1 for a cent works w/ it. apparently, YMMV, but i saw a few of both chibi robo and batallion wars, so you might be lucky

nope. only the b2g1 deal... and "used games" aren't the same price as clearence rentals, either (fe is showing for $45 "used" at the store, but didn't bother to check it if rang up that way). just remember to check for CR

[quote name='aniousjoe']used, but specifically, clearence rentals. remember that[/quote]

hence the CR... ya, I don't post here much... 8-[ or something like that.

well I cleared out my hastings of all 2 battalian wars and one FE... no chibi robo here, two new ones locked up.

Has to talk to the manager to get then to do the buy 2 get one for a penny deal. Had to talk to the manager about the b2g1 deal.

It seems that the sale is only supposed to be for movies per the ad and he said that it rings up that way for PREVIOUSLY VIEWED games but not used ones and that at least he was honoring it for games too at his store. Nice guy and it seems the B2G1 deal is very YMMV since I don't think all managers have to honor it.

Got killer 7 and Full Spectrum for PS2 for 5 also and Geist for 5 to finish off the deal.

Someone should start a Hastings $5 Clearance Rental list.

FYI - Battalion Wars is $6.99 on the gohastings.com website but shipping kills any deal - $5.00 per game... so 12 bucks total...

funny thing is hastings sells stuff on Amazon.com but they jack up the price to make up for it so BW is 9.97 on amazon plus the 3 shipping it comes out to the same deal...

[quote name='neudog']I hope these are at my Hastings because they will qualify for the Buy 2 get 3rd for $.01.[/QUOTE]
Looking at their site for this weeks flyer, it doesn't have the 2/1 deal listed.

^Yep, like I posted before... the B2G! deal is only for movies... or at least should be only for movies this week but some places are honoring it for games...

I'm pretty sure they lowered the price on the new copies of the games, too. I picked up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for $14.99 brand spankin' new earlier today.

^When I checked the new copies of chibi robo they were still either 40 or 50. On a similar note I picked up an extra copy of battalion wars, anybody want to trade for a chibi robo?

[quote name='guinaevere']Looking at their site for this weeks flyer, it doesn't have the 2/1 deal listed.[/QUOTE]

For you and every other member mentioning this it was a month long sale that began October 3rd and ended October 31st. I realize that the scan from the "B2 Get 3rd for$.01" in the original thread is hard to read, but I wouldn't mention the sale if I knew it was only a week long. Thanks for trying to help. If someone needs a scan I might be able to provide one, but it is a big maybe because my wife is on fall break and I don't know if she will be able to pick up our scanner. If I can't get a scanner I'll try taking a digital photo.

I picked up some clearance rentals of battalion wars and chibi robo monday when all used games were 30 % off. I have an extra chibi-robo in great condition if any one's still looking for it.

[quote name='Xizer']Do clearance rentals come with manuals?[/quote]

All the ones I bought did... came with original case and manual... only bad thing is a small sticker on the disk... but otherwise in better condition that most used games I've bought.

No luck on any of the listed games from the OP. I did however notice that now signs are posted for the "B2 Get 3rd for $.01" Hastings has marked up select used games between $3-5. This kind of shit pisses me off.

It might depend store to store...

I know I saw last weeks ad online and this weeks and last weeks only mentioned movies... so I dunno...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Someone should start a Hastings $5 Clearance Rental list.[/quote]

someone should fix the prices in the store, to begin w/... then i'd be happy to do it ;)

[quote name='aniousjoe']and i quote from the ad in my face:

october

ALL USED
VIDEO GAMES
buy 2 get
3rd for 1 cent

offer valid 10/3-10/31/06[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how many times you post it, there will still be that one who is too lazy to read or research to see the deal is thru Oct. 31st

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It might depend store to store...

I know I saw last weeks ad online and this weeks and last weeks only mentioned movies... so I dunno...[/QUOTE]

No one in this entire thread said the deal was in this weeks ad. Did you not look closely at last weeks ad? Here let me help you out, you can go here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109785&highlight=Hastings

OR

Look here (Ad is for the week of 10/1-10/7):
HastingsAd1.jpg

My Hastings still has Batallion Wars.. lots of em too. No PV Chibi, though.

For those confused, Battallion, Fire and Chibi ringing up $5 are only for the PV copies (PV = previously viewed = clearance rental. It says PV on the barcore). The new copy of Chibi is still 50, the used is still 40. The PV is 5.

My Hastings sucks regarding pricing. Far Cry Instincts is still marked 49.99, True Crime NYC Collector's Edition is still marked $59.99. This all works to my benefit, obviously, but it's still annoying.

I'm also still kinda pissed that they decided to mark up all 9.99 used games to 12.99. (Used to be that if a game was 19.99 new, it was 9.99 used. That's no longer the case)

[quote name='neudog']For you and every other member mentioning this it was a month long sale that began October 3rd and ended October 31st. I realize that the scan from the "B2 Get 3rd for$.01" in the original thread is hard to read, but I wouldn't mention the sale if I knew it was only a week long. [/QUOTE]
Thanks.

This was the first time I went to Hastings so I'm no at all familiar with their sales or prices.

But I can't really say I'm all that eager to go back. I don't mind a drive, but the store itself had overpriced games on the ones I could see the price. Most of the games I couldn't see the price. They're in these cases with holes where you can reach in to look at something, but can't pull it out. And I'm sure that works for security, but the few cases I wanted to see the games, the holes were filled in.

All in all, it was an hour drive through nowhere Georgia to a depressing store.

They *did* have a couple animes I would have picked up if they were buy 2/get 3rd, but not otherwise.

[quote name='guinaevere']Thanks.

This was the first time I went to Hastings so I'm no at all familiar with their sales or prices.

But I can't really say I'm all that eager to go back. I don't mind a drive, but the store itself had overpriced games on the ones I could see the price. Most of the games I couldn't see the price. They're in these cases with holes where you can reach in to look at something, but can't pull it out. And I'm sure that works for security, but the few cases I wanted to see the games, the holes were filled in.

All in all, it was an hour drive through nowhere Georgia to a depressing store.

They *did* have a couple animes I would have picked up if they were buy 2/get 3rd, but not otherwise.[/quote]

you have to realize that hastings does not really change their prices manually... that is one of their biggest faults, so if you want a better gauge at the prices go to their site, search for the games you want, then check it's used price. cumbersome, but worth the effort sometimes

bread's done
Back