Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

That is exactly what I put on him.

I just need a hero with Aether to give him since he just has Sol for now.

Or is there a better Special to give him?

I'm not sure how long they've been there, but I just noticed a bunch of orb quests for all infantry teams buried off towards the right. Just thought I'd mention it in case others missed them too.

I put together 15 more orbs tonight, and was lucky enough to get a NY Azura. I got a Camilla on the first day, and a Lute on a roll with no Green or Red spheres. Needless to say, I've been extremely happy with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't summoned in weeks and really had the itch!  I've saved 80orbs which is pretty much a first for me.  Been waiting for some new units.  After my free pull, I did a second round of summons.  My eyes get really big when I get four orbs of one focus color.  Got four reds and one blue.

hUzYDnX.png

T8SSZ4G.png

Yay!  He's +Res -HP too!  So I'm pleased.  I don't use Black Knight much because of his low res.  DC Zephiel would be better in most instances. 

Is it a waste to give a 5* weapon to a merged 4*? All of my healers could use the improved weapons, but both 1)raising the 4+ to a 5 and 2)giving the 5* weapon to the 4+ feel like a waste of resources.

It's a complicated question.  No, it is absolutely not a waste.  Not unless you're going to 5* + 5 that healer.   She will be better in her 4*+10 inherited form. 

At the same time I haven't been able to bring myself to do what you describe, either.   It's hard to justify that amount of resources on something non-optimal. 

For instance when GoW was running that Beruka everywhere that was a good example.  I was thinking gosh, she would probably be a bit stronger as a 4*+10 with identical abilities.   She would have been.   But he obviously couldn't bring himself to spend his resources that way because if he really wanted to constantly use Beruka long-term, then he'd be plussing her 5* version.  It would have been another 20k feathers to get her the 5* Axe and then give it to her 4* version.   

It's hard to pull the trigger on what amounts to a temporary upgrade.  It's like investing all your time in Frederick in Fates lmao.  Those strong guys you get on stage 1 that are already promoted. 

So I did two pulls and got 5* Lachesis and a regular Lyn.

I also bought the $3.99 pack that comes with 12 orbs, items and a 5 star Black Knight. 

Now I have 3 black Knights, lol.

Info was posting about another upcoming Choose Your Legend event and another Legendary Banner for the 1 year celebration.

Gonna start saving my orbs for that from now own.

Now to work on Lyn NY Corrin and Oliver.

Time to vote on the next Choose Your Legends event. Gotta figure out who are my top favorite characters.

Also, hard to believe it's almost been a year since Heroes came out, time has really gone by!

So I was able to do 3 pulls and I got another Fjorm and Siegbert.

I WANT IKE

Hopefully with the 50 orbs and quest orbs of February I can score him.

I'm hoping he wins the vote for the free hero.

Edit:
Wow, Veronica actually jumped over Camilla to take 2nd place in the CYL 2 voting. Definitely a much better choice.

Edit 2:
[attachment=29414:SmartSelectImage_2018-02-02-01-41-00.png]
That's my second notIke-Siegbert. Now I need to figure out who I want to inherit Atk Tactic 3.

I am hoping its Hector or Takumi. I want one of those bad.

I used my 50 orbs and got a Legendary Ike, I was pulling reds until I scored him.

I also got Sigurd from the new banner as a free summon.

Then I pulled L Ike and Summer Xander and another P Azura.

So this banner turned out well for me.

I used all those 50 free orbs and still no Ike in sight....

Guess I'll be voting for him as the free 5 star unit.

I didn't get Ike, so I'm going to start building up orbs again; especially since my barracks are full. I've got a bunch of units I need to level up and build, and a couple I need to figure out what to do with.

To Build List:
Soleil, Chrom (maybe), Siegbert, Horse Eirika
Lukas, No-Horse Ephraim, Linde, Mae
Summer Xander, Sheena
plus all the recent GHB and TT units

List to find a use for:
Siegbert, 2x Celica, Halloween Henry and Jakob, 250 some odd randos. Oh, and a second Gunnthra.

New Valentines heroes are releasing tonight.

https://youtu.be/NzG0VJqYoLA

I'll likely try for Lyn. But that Hector looks really good too.

holy shit bow valor 3 !!!  I knew one of those abilities must have been coming.  That's a must-have.  Breath and Staff valor are all that is missing now.  

Roy, Hector, and Lyn all look really good.  I'm going to do a bunch of pulling on this banner.  Hope I can at least get 2 of those 3.  Thank goodness it's going to be up for a whole month. 

While you all are gushing about the Valentines banner, I'm hyped for the buffs to Alm and Caeda.

Alm got a brave effect and Caeda got Flashing Blade 3. They've been sitting in my barracks for so long as unused 5* units, but now they can finally be useful. Plus they just happen to have optimal IVs! Got a +Atk-Res Alm and +Atk-HP Caeda. Feels good  :D/

oh I'm excited about Caeda.  She will probably get my first 200 dew.  I just don't have a proper IV yet; sac'd a few in the past while paying not attention to it.  I think I'm going to wait for a +Res version and then promote her.  I have a temporary one for now with +def -HP. 

37 base res with boon, +4 Res refined, + 3 res a) skill (until atk res bond or fortress res), +6 fort fliers buff, distant def 3 seal = 56 res when she's attacked.  There's your mage tank that flies and baits.  Could even give her DC if you wanted.

I'm not sure that Alm is all that much different from my brave sword Chrom benchwarmer.  I guess windsweep with 60 atk brave build is pretty cool.  But he can't take damage or he loses his refinement, so its situational. 

I'm actually more excited for Hinoka.  I've had three of her for some time including a +spd -def version.  She's 35/35 so with refinement that puts her at 55/42 before a) skill if my math is right. That's fantastic. She seems like a perfect candidate to spend dew on.  Raven too.  I like their offensive stat spreads better.

Yeah, I'm glad I hung on to all of my 4* Caedas

As a side note, I don't think the game really needs a 4th Lyn either. It doesn't bother me as much as Camilla would have, though. This is mostly because the only person Lyn would have taken a spot from would have been a second Ninian. Camilla represented taking a spot away from every other female character in the franchise.

With Falchion, Alm has a 16mt brave sword that can even kill SB +10 Nowi. Definitely useful against all dragons. Plus, his sword has built in Renewal 3, so he can go back to 100% HP and use the effect again. I can see this being useful in tempest trials too. 

As for Caeda, I can see her being useful as a RES tank, but her effectiveness against armors and cavalry is too amazing to ignore. Who needs mage fliers lowering your arena score when Caeda can just slice through them. She definitely makes flier emblem even more versatile now. You really need the +atk superboon to make it worthwhile though.

With Falchion, Alm has a 16mt brave sword that can even kill SB +10 Nowi. Definitely useful against all dragons. Plus, his sword has built in Renewal 3, so he can go back to 100% HP and use the effect again. I can see this being useful in tempest trials too.
That's true.

All these refinements are really interesting to be honest. I wish I had about 1000 dew for Alm, Hinoka, Caeda, Raven, and Lucina. Glad I didn't waste any dew on previous units whom pale in comparison.

I even have two shitty Alms lol. At least one is +spd.

That's true.

All these refinements are really interesting to be honest. I wish I had about 1000 dew for Alm, Hinoka, Caeda, Raven, and Lucina. Glad I didn't waste any dew on previous units whom pale in comparison.

I even have two shitty Alms lol. At least one is +spd.
As long as he isn't -Atk, you could make a quad Alm build with that!

Yay, I got Lyn right away. Now I need to decide if I want to keep trying for the two greens or not.

It's too bad that I never got Bridal Lyn, because I would absolutely run Lyndis Emblem. They'd be tactic eligible too, even if they weren't that great as a team. I might have to throw everything I have at the next banner with Bridal Lyn.

Thought I'd give a reminder that there's an Iote's Shield seal.

I won't mention how long I was staring at Infernal Lloyd's map trying to figure how to get around the archer.

Someday I'll learn not to chase after green focus units. Oh well, I got a 5* Soren for my troubles. That's as good as a Hector, right?
I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I could get out of pulling greens too, but the units are insanely tempting. NY!Azura --> Myrrh --> B!Ike --> LA!Hector is too good to pass up. I've been sniping greens for the past month and it's driving me crazy haha. I still need fodder from other colors but I can't pull away.

I've had a run of good luck with F2P orbs but I think that luck has finally run out.  Got NY Camilla, NY Takumi, Zelgius, Myrrh, V.Ike without spending a dime this year.  But I'm out of orbs and haven't gotten any 5s from Vday. 

I spent 110+ orbs on Legendary Heroes banner and only had one Sanaki to show for it, until I got Ike with my final 20 orbs on the last night.

I'm really trying to not spend money on this game.

I'm sorting through my barracks today, levelling up and building stuff. Now that I have Marisa and Summer Xander, I'm going to work on an Infantry Pulse team. I have a few other projects that I've been meaning to work on as well.

Before they gave us the Illusory Dungeon event, I never played the game with the sound on. I left it on a few days ago, and now I can't get enough of Winter Tharja saying "Good DAY!"
[attachment=29485:SmartSelectImage_2018-02-10-16-40-57.png]

I love watching "guides" on how to clear difficult content.
Clear Xander Infernal With Fliers:
"So use Summer Corrin to..."
"Inherit Heavy Blade, Brave Axe+..."
"It's easy. Start with a 5* +4 Cordelia..."

Oh well, I cleared it with Armors for max Xanders. That's good enough for me.

My Infantry Pulse team is coming along pretty nicely. Marisa, Summer Xander, Nephenee, and (Arvis/Lute/Julia/NYMCorrin) + QP seal

How do you beat female Robin on infernal without a dancer?

On a related note, looking through my heroes I gave Eldigan a second look. When refinery came out I chuckled at Fury 6, but that was before the Heavy Blade Seal came out. Now, I realize that I can instead run Galeforce, Fury 3, Heavy Blade, and another A slot skill (Death Blow, Triangle Adept, Life and Death, etc). Seems good.

On a related note, looking through my heroes I gave Eldigan a second look. When refinery came out I chuckled at Fury 6, but that was before the Heavy Blade Seal came out. Now, I realize that I can instead run Galeforce, Fury 3, Heavy Blade, and another A slot skill (Death Blow, Triangle Adept, Life and Death, etc). Seems good.
Do you have Fjorm, NY!Corrin, close def, and atk smoke seal? If so try this strategy (credits to link z). Replace olivia with any unit that has reposition. There are also other strategies that you can check out on the FEHeroes subreddit.

http://yaycupcake.com/feh/

Aha! Red Tomebreaker on Lyn that should be the all cavalry answer I was looking for (and the part I forgot to mention).

Thanks guys. I'll use that Fjorm link with dancers for my all infantry clear orbs too.

Edit: Yep, that was the difference (well, that and glimmer+Heavy Blade on Lyn as well). I forget to turn animations back on, and miss stuff like the mage having bowbreaker because of it.

This might have been obvious, but I did some testing with Atk Tactic and the Armored Boots seal. I thought I'd share my results. Since the boots don't change the actual movement type, they don't alter the calculations for the team.

In summary (with one Armor wearing Boots):
2 Infantry + 2 Armored are ok
2 flier + 1 Infantry + 1 Armored are ok
3 Armored + 1 anything else are not

Needed some trial and error, but I was able to clear Infernal Takumi. I actually had to take off P. Azura's legendary weapon because otherwise BK took too much dmg from Takumi's special.

I regret getting rid of all of my Wrys, because I have a hard time duplicating most F2P strategies due to AI movement being different. Whether it was the different healers or the merges on Olivia, The Lance Cav always went right instead of left.

I won't mention how many changes I tried before swapping the Axe wielding Azura in for the sword wielding Olivia.

It has been a very fun last couple of weeks on FE:H.  I spent about 120 orbs on V.day banner and didn't get squat until Lilina finally showed up.   Well crap, that was my least desired unit.  Then my next 20 orbs I got Roy.  Yes!!! Anybody would want Hector or Lyn but anytime you can get a couple of the focus off a holiday banner without spending any money I count that a win.  Got my Bow Valor 3.

So the goal was to just pull greens and blues from now on for Hector.  But then this Fallen Heroes banner comes out of nowhere with some crazy good new heroes.  So I decided to spend a round of orbs on the new banner.  The units are simply too good.  Free pull + 15 orbs = nada.  Then got Fallen Celica on my next pull.  20 orbs spent and finished the round of summons.  I wait for my next 20 and pull again tonight.  Got Fallen Robin.  Holy shit.  Celica and Robin in 55 orbs. 

+Spd -Res best possible IV for Celica

+Spd -Atk worst possible IV for Robin

I couldn't be happier.  Still haven't spent a dime yet this year. It's like the game is making up for all the poor return on investment I received in 2017.

I probably shouldn't have with the upcoming Legendary Ephraim banner, but I made one last shot at Grima and got an Amelia instead. Not to sound too ungrateful, but she would have meant a lot more to me before I pulled Xmas Chrom and Val Hector. Since the Halloween banner, she's dropped from the armor I wanted most to my 4th best Green Armor. Says a lot about the recent armor push.

Looks like it's time to start building "blessings" teams to get some free orbs. I'll need to try and plan them all out so I don't waste blessings when the new mode gets here.

I know what you mean.  I have had Amelia since her first banner, initially thought I loved her, but simply never use her. She's just not that good.  That was when she was new.  Plus like you said there are several other better green armors now.  The problem is you have to use at least one with armor march.  I find myself using -atk +def Halloween Henry.  lol

I know I ramble on in this thread a bit, but I had some thoughts I figured I'd share in case anyone else is now looking at using some of their stored up blessings like I am.

I think it's a good idea to plan on using mixed teams for now when it comes to blessings.  I'm also trying to limit myself to just a "core" of two blessed units for now, and then wait to see who to give the rest later.

The thought came to me with Gunnthra, because the "obvious" answer was to bless three horsies and call it good.  That might still work, but what if one of the upcoming wind maps is heavily forested or entrenched?  Or you find that Xander is what the fire team needs to clear everything? 

Think of the blessing requirement on the new mode as greatly shrinking down your barracks size.

My Teams

Water core for Fjorm was easy for me. I sorted by speed and saw that the 4* +10 Nino I made (and then ignored) was the fastest at 41. Add Eirika and (inset dancer/healer here later) and we're good. I used this team for Navarre Infernal infantry clear and waltzed right through.

Wind core for Gunn is a bit more challenging, but right now I'm leaning toward either Lute + Joshua or Arvis + Val Eliwood. Chill Spd on Evil Celica might be fun too.

I'm just not sure what all you are referring to with the up and coming future content.  I haven't heard anything about it yet.  I really don't know anything about the blessings either.  Just been saving them for permanent mainstay units in the future. 

The new mode is going to be called Blessed Gardens. We don't know if maps will be like GHBs or Tempest Trials. The rewards are supposed to be feathers, orbs, etc.

Each week will have a different element, and you can only use people with the appropriate element's blessing (so Fjorm and/or other heroes with the water blessing for Garden of Water). You don't need the legend, but I'm sure it will help.

I finished up the last of the Lunatic Chain Challenges today to clear out all the f2p orbs I had left. Well, except for flier team Ursula, I don't see any way for me to clear that without a flying mage.

So, once the day rolls over tonight I'll take one last chance at Ephraim.

The update is live in the app store. Soren's tome gets Chill Atk 3 at its base and can become an owl tome with refinement (dew : / ).

Eirika's refinement is interesting, and I'm glad I held resources for it. The atk buff goes up to 4, and she gets a unique self boosting skill. She gets an in-combat boost to all 4 stats equal to the highest boost any unit within 2 spaces has. May take some maneuvering, but it should give her some much needed firepower.

I'm off to the gardens now :)

I used 66 orbs and got 3 Exalted Chroms and 1 Eldigan.

I wanted a Morgan. I preferred Male but would like either.

Arghhhhhhhh

bread's done
Back