Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) 14.99 at CC B&M

[quote name='CloakBass']Awesome.[/quote]
Awesome indeed. Time for me to pick up a copy. Is this a universal price drop? I saw it was 15 bucks at gamecrazy too.

What kind of random drop is $15? $20 would make sense. If I didn't already have all these games, I'd be running around to snag Chibi, FE, and Battalion Wars.

Man thats great and I need a good long game for my cube. But is it necessary to play the gba games first? I haven't tracked them down yet

First store I went to here in Orlando had it. The sticker says 49.99 but it scans 14.99, thanks for the awesome deal!

No where around me has the game anymore, online or offline. Truly a shame because I be willing to pay $50 but now I can't find it.

[quote name='jlarlee']Man thats great and I need a good long game for my cube. But is it necessary to play the gba games first? I haven't tracked them down yet[/quote]
I haven't played the GBA games yet and I love this one. From what I know, they're all in the same world, but usually generations apart, so even if characters are related to those in previous games, they don't affect the story at all.

40+ hours of goodness, last game I've been able to keep playing for that long.

[quote name='topnotch97']okay this deal is being outrageous, i think we need to merge this $14.99 titles into one thread. :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah, i don't know if this is old news but i noticed some PS2 titles at $14.99 too:
Sly 3
Ratchet Deadlocked
Jak X
Shadow of Colossus

Edit: I see now that these titles were in the weekly ad so I guess it IS old news.

im going to hit one up tomorrow and see if they got any. If they got extras i grab them is my credit card can handle it

(i didnt see any last week so dont hold your breath)

If anyone wants to sell one pm me

[quote name='gordonmj']yeah, i don't know if this is old news but i noticed some PS2 titles at $14.99 too:
Sly 3
Ratchet Deadlocked
Jak X
Shadow of Colossus

Edit: I see now that these titles were in the weekly ad so I guess it IS old news.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's just for this week... although this is like the 2nd or 3rd time they have been on sale for $15.

Thanks a lot OP I just Picked up three for me and 1 for my brother at the Hayward CC. Thanks a million!!!!!! I wanted to play this game for sooooooooo.....long

Hmm, at $15, I may finally have to pick this up AND Shadow of the Colossus. Although, part of me believes that with so many copies of both games still in stores, and with the other 2 next gen systems coming out soon, the time to act might be later...

Can anyone pick up an extra copy of Fire Emblem for me? All I could find was Battalion Wars, no luck on the other 2. PM me if you can, thanks.

You got to be freaken kidding me...I went too 3 freaken Circuit City to look for some Mario Power Tennis...I also went 5 Game Crazy to look for Fire Emblem & I was SOL...Damn i saw a lot of Fire Emblems in those Circuit City...Damn i don't know if i should go back, i spent a lot on gas today & was freaken tiring...

[quote name='jp554731']Thanks a lot OP I just Picked up three for me and 1 for my brother at the Hayward CC. Thanks a million!!!!!! I wanted to play this game for sooooooooo.....long[/QUOTE]

Do you know if there's any left there?

Can someone...anyone pick this up for me?

Unless they have more in the back, I got the last Fire Emblem from the Greensboro, NC CC. They had about 3 more Battalion Wars and 5 Chibi-Robo's as of closing.

I'll go check tomorrow.

I had this game once and sold it for reasons I don't remember...I kinda want it again and for $15 I think I'll get it.

Grabbed the last FE at my local CC in Sacramento. Now I have an extra used one I bought at GC earlier today. If anyone is interested in it, I will sell it for cost plus shipping. The case is in fine condition however the booklet is missing.

I just went out to the CC by my house here in Overland Park, KS and they had all 3 games(Fire Emblem, Chibi, and Batallion) so I picked up FE and Chibi. They still had a couple copies of each one left too. Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this kind of deal on both games.

[quote name='botticus']I haven't played the GBA games yet and I love this one. From what I know, they're all in the same world, but usually generations apart, so even if characters are related to those in previous games, they don't affect the story at all.

40+ hours of goodness, last game I've been able to keep playing for that long.[/QUOTE]

I've played Path of Radiance and the first GBA Fire Emblem. They're both phenomenal. PoR definitely has the better story, but Blazing Sword has better replay value and 3 freakin' lords! If you're addicted to Advance Wars, give Fire Emblem a try.

gah, go to take my FE that I just bought from CC outta the bag and notice that the outer wrapping along the edge has been sliced. Fearing the worst I open the case and sure enough, the game has been removed. Nice...wonder if CC will even exchange it or refund my $$. Doubtful...grrrrrr.

I might get some GC games when I get the Wii since I never bought a GC. This one sounds nice and cheap. Maybe even cheaper when Wii comes out.

I will have to check this out tommorow, I've already got the two GBA Fire Emblems and I wouldn't mind owning the Path of Radiance; even though I will probably never get around to it with all the games I already have plus college (not to mention all the amazing titles coming out around the holidays).

PeaceOut->
icebeast

Great find for all who get Fire Emblem!
I personally think the game is worth the $50 original price. Lots of weapons and characters to unlock. Replay, Replay, Replay!!!

So is Battalion Wars any good? I guess i'm going to go pick up Fire Emblem, i love Advance Wars...If its anything like that i'ld pay full price for it...

I'm looking for a complete Fire Emblem (GC) and have a new Chibi-Robo to trade straight up. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Battalion Wars is not bad. Sort of like an FPS where you can jump to any unit you want to. A little bit like an RTS in that you can tell units where to go. Its worth $15.

[quote name='evergoo']I've played Path of Radiance and the first GBA Fire Emblem. They're both phenomenal. PoR definitely has the better story, but Blazing Sword has better replay value and 3 freakin' lords! If you're addicted to Advance Wars, give Fire Emblem a try.[/quote]

Hmm...like advance wars you say.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Is this game hard?[/quote]
It's not necessarily hard to just beat it, but if you're a perfectionist like me, it can take a while to win without losing any characters (since in Fire Emblem, if a character dies, they're gone for the rest of the game).

The entirety of the game resides in about 30 fights (strategy maps). However, be prepared to replay certain fights half a dozen times until you get it right. No optional fights for experience, so if you keep someone alive and level them up by prioritizing them and handing them the finishing blows (like the awesome Rolf who begins at level 1), then LOSE them, you'll be mighty pressed to retry the battle even if you kept everyone else alive.

When a character dies, that's literally the end of that character's fighting days.

My experience with the GCN version pretty much amounted to getting frustrated with the way I grew my characters the first half, restarting, then quitting at like chapter 23 anyway because I was just plain getting tired of the process.

bread's done
Back