Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (DS) $10 @ Wal-Mart - NOT YMMV

Roopug

CAG Veteran
I visited the Super Wal-Mart in Oldsmar/Tampa @ picked up Fire Emblem -Shadow Dragon for $10 :shock: :hot: I looked it up online and it was still $30. Possible YMMV? I am still unsure what that acronym stands for.

(My main goal was to purchase Chibi-Robo for DS which was supposed to ring up @ $15, based on a previous post on here, but it was still $30 when I had it scanned)

**10/18/09** NOT YMMV - Several CAG's can confirm - Have the store associate scan the game as it may still be marked $30. GOOD LUCK! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm such a huge FE fan but most of the games have sucked since the GBA. =( Nothing like the original (well USA original, its actually FE7) or FE: Sacred Stones.

It is YMMV. if it were $10 across the board, online would be around the same. that said, I saw this for $10.00 and $29.9x at different walmarts

[quote name='Gamer SDP']It is YMMV. if it were $10 across the board, online would be around the same. that said, I saw this for $10.00 and $29.9x at different walmarts[/QUOTE]

You saw it or scanned it? I've seen this at several Wal-Marts listed at $29.82, but they all scanned for $10. Yeah, the online price is different, but that can be expected from Wal-Mart.

Can we trust e-walmart's in store game locator? Every store had it on stock, but if it is for $10.00 should be sold out in most places... Can that thing be trusted?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']So, I went into the Sterling Heights Super Wal-Mart today looking for Henry Hatsworth, and I found something else: Fire Emblem.

Which was odd, because I bought the last copy a month and a half ago.

The new copies weren't in case where I found mine; they'd moved to an endcap with all of the other "value" games and the maybe seven or eight copies they had were marked at $10. This must have been a fairly recent thing, because I don't remember seeing the game reappear before today.

If you missed out on this one, you might as well give it another shot. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bumping this yesterday, I missed it back in October. Dropped by WalMart last night and found 12+ copies on the value endcap marked at $10.

Went to two Walmart's yesterday for various reasons and both of them had FE in stock for $10. They were stocked in the "$20 and under section"

Thanks for the heads up OP. I been picking up games like crazy but barely spending anything, i love this site!

[quote name='elessar123']Which ones? Might have to make a trip to Lakeside...[/QUOTE]

The one in El Cajon had a couple and the one in Santee had at least 10. Both stores had it marked at $10.00.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']So, I went into the Sterling Heights Super Wal-Mart today looking for Henry Hatsworth, and I found something else: Fire Emblem.

Which was odd, because I bought the last copy a month and a half ago.

The new copies weren't in case where I found mine; they'd moved to an endcap with all of the other "value" games and the maybe seven or eight copies they had were marked at $10. This must have been a fairly recent thing, because I don't remember seeing the game reappear before today.

If you missed out on this one, you might as well give it another shot. :)[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, except that the games appeared on the exact same endcap that I took the last copy out of when I bought the last one 4 days before.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']The one in El Cajon had a couple and the one in Santee had at least 10. Both stores had it marked at $10.00.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Thanks. I'll head to the one nearest me first before I head out to El Cajon.[/QUOTE]

Nothing at the Shawline Walmart, found 5 copies at the Murphy Canyon one; bought one.

[quote name='Armads']I'm such a huge FE fan but most of the games have sucked since the GBA. =( Nothing like the original (well USA original, its actually FE7) or FE: Sacred Stones.[/QUOTE]

Really? Are you referring to the GC and Wii versions? I enjoyed both of them and thought them to be solid entries to the series.

This one is a remake of the NES original, so it is a bit outdated. Despite that, it is still a decent game and as a fan of the FE series, I appreciate having a chance to see where the series started and have it on a handheld as well. For $10, I think this is a very good deal.

Thank you OP! I just bought what appeared to be the last copy at the Wal*Mart Supercenter in Evans Mills, NY.

It was even incorrectly tagged, so if I hadn't seen this post I wouldn't have thought to ask the associate to double-check the price. Loving the game so far.

First post, weeee. Anyway, I picked up FE:SD at my local Wal-Mart last month for $10 as well so I think this is a fairly widespread thing. Look for it in the bargain games.

Found FE:SD in some Wal-Marts around Anaheim, California. One of them said "We dont sell that game anymore" which i took to mean that once they run out, thats it.

bread's done
Back