Fire Pro Wrestling Returns 9.99

Apostle22

CAGiversary!
Walked into my local best buy and they have several games marked down. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was 9.99 and they also had Stacked for 4.99....I was looking for Fire Pro anyways and every one else has it for 19.99....Dont know if this is YMMV...

might be YMMV depending on your local best buy's clearance. i can confirm this since at a best buy in pleasant hill, ca, i found firepro for 9.99 and also the king of fighters xi for 9.99 (i think i got the last ones).

awful game. takes up way too much of the memory card wasnt even worth 5 bucks off amazon i got before xmas. played it 20 mins and tossed it in the corner. Shows how few people want it. there is like 40 copies up on goozex and not a single person requesting it LOL

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Great game. I'd buy four copies of this for $60 and give them out, rather than line THQ's pocket by buying SvR.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Great game. I'd buy four copies of this for $60 and give them out, rather than line THQ's pocket by buying SvR.[/QUOTE]

could of got 12 copies when amazon had it for 5 : )

if you want SVR just buy the first one or 2nd one. its almost the same freaking game. 2008 isnt worth the cash

I still want to see a wreslting game where you start up in the minors and then get called up to the big show Something like MLB 2k7 series or like nascar where there is 4 different places you work

and a season would last like 10 to 20 years

that would be neat

[quote name='slidecage']awful game. takes up way too much of the memory card wasnt even worth 5 bucks off amazon i got before xmas. played it 20 mins and tossed it in the corner. Shows how few people want it. there is like 40 copies up on goozex and not a single person requesting it LOL[/quote]

Want to sell it?

Best wrestling game ever made, IMO...I've seen it at my BB for that price, and it's well worth the money. If you don't own it now and you like wrestling action and detail...and aren't a graphics whore...then you should pick it up! It's definitely better for long-time wrestling fans than for newbies, but newbies can get into it too if they stick with it. The possibilities are nearly endless...

[quote name='slidecage']awful game. takes up way too much of the memory card wasnt even worth 5 bucks off amazon i got before xmas. played it 20 mins and tossed it in the corner. Shows how few people want it. there is like 40 copies up on goozex and not a single person requesting it LOL[/quote]
It has a steep learning curve. There's no way you can learn how to Fire Pro in 20 minutes...

No one's requesting it because everyone who wanted it found a way to get it by now. It really is a game that you either love or hate, but I've found that every friend that I introduce it to has a good time playing once they figure out the gameplay rhythm.

You know what's a great feeling? Hooking up the multitap and playing with three friends in a tornado tag match against 4 cpus. I'd take that anyday over 1vs1 gimmick matches found in the competition's "wrestling" game.

*Edit* I understand what you mean about the breathing and such...When I don't feel like worrying about those things, I just use a perfect-stat character. Makes the game more enjoyable for casual gamers.

I concur, I bought mine from Buy.com using the GCO $10 off and got it for under $10 shipped I believe. I have played it a half dozen times, tried it out with a friend on his PS2 and both of us agree that getting used to breathing and only being able to move in so many directions is annoying.

Albeit, there are people who have played this game for years and years and can get into it like crazy, but aside from a few high spots I pulled off(SOMEHOW), I found this kind of tedious.

I think I'm going to be putting this up on my TL soon enough, maybe I'll let it go for $6-7 shipped, since I didn't pay much in the first place. Of course, since The Adventures Of Darwin(another game I thought looked interesting, but found out it was a waste of time/money) gets $8(before 45% bonus @ FYE), maybe I'll try trading this game into them too. With any luck it's just not coming up on Secondspin's search.

I'll probably give it one more whirl later tonight, to see if I can finally get the hang of it, but having to wait to lock up in a grapple is a tedious part of the game. I'd like to be able to lock up when I WANT TO and pull off moves fairly easily.

Ahhh well.....

Fire Pro Wrestilng Returns didn't do much for me.. until I transferred over the ECW pack!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=niLrtKJ8FPA[/media]

WOW. Just watching that video makes me want to go out and buy a PS2 SO bad. Ive been wanting this game but i gave my PS2 Away to a needy kid for christmas. How did you get the ECW pack on there?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Nice vid scorch ! I completely suck at this game and therefore hate it,but i always like watching vids other users create.[/quote]

Same here. I like the looks of those quick, fluid moves which ARE possible, if you know what you're doing. Albeit, I admit to being short on patience for games. If it has a steep curve to learn how to master it, I get 'bored' with it easily.

But admittedly, I just couldn't get used to pressing circle to get into menus and submenus and got lost in the menus a couple times and kept making new feds or other subheadings and thus getting FURTHER LOST. Now, if my one buddy who I hang out with regularly weren't actually 'appalled by prior gen stuff'(yet we sat there n played Genesis games for 10-12 hours back in the day), maybe I could get a firmer grasp on this game. But, when we played it for maybe 2-3 matches, he was 'bored' by it and wanted to go back to playing The Darkness on PS3.

But, whenever I've tried taking on the computer, I get winded from forgetting to 'breathe' and get tossed around like a rag doll, then pinned in short order.

I'd love to get used to playing this game, since I enjoyed tweaking characters in the PS1 Smackdown games, but the weird button control scheme screws me up EVERY TIME.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Same here. I like the looks of those quick, fluid moves which ARE possible, if you know what you're doing. Albeit, I admit to being short on patience for games. If it has a steep curve to learn how to master it, I get 'bored' with it easily.

But admittedly, I just couldn't get used to pressing circle to get into menus and submenus and got lost in the menus a couple times and kept making new feds or other subheadings and thus getting FURTHER LOST. Now, if my one buddy who I hang out with regularly weren't actually 'appalled by prior gen stuff'(yet we sat there n played Genesis games for 10-12 hours back in the day), maybe I could get a firmer grasp on this game. But, when we played it for maybe 2-3 matches, he was 'bored' by it and wanted to go back to playing The Darkness on PS3.

But, whenever I've tried taking on the computer, I get winded from forgetting to 'breathe' and get tossed around like a rag doll, then pinned in short order.

I'd love to get used to playing this game, since I enjoyed tweaking characters in the PS1 Smackdown games, but the weird button control scheme screws me up EVERY TIME.[/QUOTE]

Agree, the menus and such are very subpar and not intuitive. However, if one wanted to learn them bad enough, they would take the time to learn 'em (not a knock on you or others).

If you're having a hard time at matches, start at level 1 and work your way up to 4 (default level) against the CP. Also, it helps to have 1P vs 2P battles with 2P being a "ghost player" and practice wrestling that way. This will help with:

1] Timing your grapples
2] Judging distances of various strike moves
3] Timing irish whip return moves and running strikes
4] Notice when your wrestler needs to "breathe" (I like to go out to the apron myself at certain times just to breathe)

Also, if you can get your hands on the american version of Fire Pro Wrestling 2 for the GBA, it has a Dojo Mode that helps with training.

I just wish the first console introduction to North America included:

1] More WWE wrestlers, or complete Sample templets in the game like KOC 2 for those extra edit heads in the game (yeah, I know about downloads, but they should be available right out of the box)
2] A single player mode better than Match Maker with certain goals in mind (if things are unlocked, an unlock code should be provided for those who wants everything out of the box)
3] Better menu system

Confirmed in the Cleveland Steelyard store. It was hard to find though. It's up in the "second tier" of front row games.

This is one of those stores with the windy maze to get to the checkouts. Before you make the u-turn, there's a section of cheap games, no dice there and I was ready to give up. Right next to the checkouts is another section and buried behind some other titles were 2 Fire Pros! You'd never see this section unless you were checking out with something!

bread's done
Back