Firefly: Complete Series on Blu - $12.99 at Best Buy

deadbodyman11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
347 (100%)
Stumbled on this while browsing Best Buy's site, Firefly on Bluray is $12.99 on Bestbuy.com right now with Free Shipping. I'm fairly certain this is the cheapest it's ever been, and if you've never seen it, it's a phenomenal show.

Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Firefly...%20ray&lp=45&cp=4&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01

Matched by Amazon as well: - Price was raised back up to $18.99, I'll update if it drops again.
http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-The-C...e=UTF8&qid=1353340778&sr=8-3&keywords=firefly

Also worth noting, there's a rumor that this will be $9.99 on amazon on Saturday. This is obviously unconfirmed at the moment, but I figured I'd mention it in case you want to wait a bit more to save a couple more bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kilik64']Great deal.

And damn didn't know it's a decade old now....[/QUOTE]

yEp.....i went to the 10 year anniversary panel at Comic Con. :D

[quote name='bardockkun']Is this worth upgrading from my DVD? Also is there any bonus extras?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

A few scenes still look like crap due to the bad source, but for the most part it's a nice visual upgrade, especially color-wise. Sound is a big improvement. And this is from memory, but there's a nice extra with Whedon, Fillion, Tudyk and Glass doing a roundtable discussion for about 30 minutes, and they do an extra commentary on the Christina Hendricks episode.

[quote name='thecatinthehat']That's the cheapest I've seen it. Is this also the in-store price?[/QUOTE]

If it's the price on the site, it's the price in-store. If it rings up for something else, just ask them to match the site.

[quote name='Scorch']If it's the price on the site, it's the price in-store. If it rings up for something else, just ask them to match the site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scorch.

I hope this deal lasts. I won't be able to make it to a Best Buy until tomorrow.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Arg, I own the DVD set, but this is so tempting![/QUOTE]

Me too I wonder if i could flip the DVD set for like $12.00 shipped?

[quote name='ajh2298']Me too I wonder if i could flip the DVD set for like $12.00 shipped?[/QUOTE]

That will be $9 on BF? Good luck with that.

Have the DVD too still shrinkwrapped. Had the blu-ray in my hands at BB today but still couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. Maybe when it's sub-$10, I'll consider it.

[quote name='consoleman']Have the DVD too still shrinkwrapped. Had the blu-ray in my hands at BB today but still couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. Maybe when it's sub-$10, I'll consider it.[/QUOTE]

You can trade it in to Amazon for $9, makes this only $4.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You can trade it in to Amazon for $9, makes this only $4.[/QUOTE]

Well my copy is obviously not sealed, as I watched it years ago. It is in perfect condition as my things are, but Amazon is only offering $4.05 for the series...$9 is for new+sealed, why would anyone ever trade in a sealed item when they could just sell it as new...

well the dvd is $8 on black friday. but $13 for blu sounds tempting, might get it. tough since the series is streaming on netflix still

[quote name='bigdaddy']That will be $9 on BF? Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

If he waits until 2013 he could probably get $10 for it on eBay.

Picked one up at $12.99. I figure I might spend the extra $3 and not fight the "online crowds" bombarding Amazon's site on Saturday.

bread's done
Back