first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='clariste']Will these be available at retail stores, i.e. Best Buy, CC, etc.?[/quote]I've heard early to mid december, maybe some 3rd party ones at retail earlier. This seems like the best bet for launch.

Acquired from Nintendo!

However, I understand the cables will be available at Circuit City and Gamestop on the Wii release date. The delay until December for retail is just an ugly rumor.

Looks like they did change the cable from the GC cable. The GC HD cable is video only and used the regular cable for audio, this looks like an all-in-one affair with video and audio.

Explains why the GC cable won't work.

In for 1 hopefully these will ship like today or something doubt it though. I don't want to fight people trying to find these cables at launch. Thanks man.

Sorry we missed you!

Our store is currently closed for maintenance. We will be closed from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am Pacific Standard Time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Oh shit.

[quote name='Oxybeles']Acquired from Nintendo!

However, I understand the cables will be available at Circuit City and Gamestop on the Wii release date. The delay until December for retail is just an ugly rumor.[/quote]

If it's a rumor then Nintendo started it, as it was part of the email that was distributed to Nintendo.com members late yesterday....:)

Still...chugging...along...I...can...do...it.....I'M IN!!!!

Order confirmed. Thanks OP for the heads up, although 37.05 after tax just pushed my Wii expense up over $400.00 when all is said and done...ouch!

[quote name='Number83']Still...chugging...along...I...can...do...it.....[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm slowly buy surely getting there.

Thanks for the link, OP. I was able to snag one a bit ago. Now, how long till it is in our hands??? Hopefully by Monday next week.

62606 Wii Component Video Cable 1 $29.95
Product Subtotal: $29.95
Shipping and Handling Charge(Standard): $5.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $34.95

YES!

[quote name='dragonjud']If it's a rumor then Nintendo started it, as it was part of the email that was distributed to Nintendo.com members late yesterday....:)[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could copy and paste that info for those of us who aren't members of the list... thanks. :D

I got one. I'm a bit resentful about the whole thing: 39+ (2 day shipping)? Even have to pay tax on the freaking shipping. So I'm 293+ for a system and a component cable (Over 300 if I hadn't gotten it through Amazon without tax.) That sucks. I feel like I'm a member of a cult, but that's the price I guess.

I suppose I could have waited and believed the idiot Kapplan that they'd have these available at retail at launch... but I figured that'd be a lie and then the store would be backordered for a month.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like they did change the cable from the GC cable. The GC HD cable is video only and used the regular cable for audio, this looks like an all-in-one affair with video and audio.

Explains why the GC cable won't work.[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain to me how I would still be able to get audio through my stereo with these cables. The sound through the TV is okay but I really want to use my stereo.

Got mine, thanks!

I'm paranoid, but when I go check my order status and enter my order number and zip code, it says can not find. Is everyones like that?

[quote name='KongaKing']Got mine, thanks!

I'm paranoid, but when I go check my order status and enter my order number and zip code, it says can not find. Is everyones like that?[/quote]Mine took about 30 minutes to show up there, try it in a bit.

I'm paranoid, but when I go check my order status and enter my order number and zip code, it says can not find. Is everyones like that?[/quote]

At the bottom of your receipt it says "If you have just placed an order please allow processing time before checking the status of your order or subscription". If you check before then, your order will be cancelled and you will be charged.

Ok, I added that last sentence...because you are paranoid...:lol:

[quote name='natureboy46']Can someone explain to me how I would still be able to get audio through my stereo with these cables. The sound through the TV is okay but I really want to use my stereo.[/QUOTE]

Hook the red and white audio cable directly to your stereo.

I'm paranoid, but when I go check my order status and enter my order number and zip code, it says can not find. Is everyones like that?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a little while ago (order ended in 1097), but my transaction number was immediately in the computer. And within 5 minutes, the entire order was showing and was listed as preparing order.

[quote name='PaulG']Hook the red and white audio cable directly to your stereo. [/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm such a dickhead. I imagined it to be some new fangled connection.

Thanks mate.

[quote name='Number83']At the bottom of your receipt it says "If you have just placed an order please allow processing time before checking the status of your order or subscription". If you check before then, your order will be cancelled and you will be charged.

Ok, I added that last sentence...because you are paranoid...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Hahah nice. Thanks.

Ordered one. Gamestop.com has a release date for these at 12.15.06, and the only other ones on the site were MadCatz at $59.99(!). Paid the $7 for Blue shipping, but how disappointing would it be to get a Wii and not be able to see it in 480p?!

[quote name='natureboy46']Oh, I'm such a dickhead. I imagined it to be some new fangled connection.

Thanks mate.[/QUOTE]

I've actually looked at the photo again on the site and have an amendment. There's not a lot of slack between the video cables and audio. So you're either gonna have to connect audio extension cables to make it to your stereo, or do what I'm gonna do... carefully tear the audio cable molding away from the video cables. You need to be very careful doing this, however, because if you pull too haphazardly, you can expose wires (I've done this before... just be slow and very steady.)

[quote name='PaulG']I've actually looked at the photo again on the site and have an amendment. There's not a lot of slack between the video cables and audio. So you're either gonna have to connect audio extension cables to make it to your stereo, or do what I'm gonna do... carefully tear the audio cable molding away from the video cables. You need to be very careful doing this, however, because if you pull too haphazardly, you can expose wires (I've done this before... just be slow and very steady.)[/quote]
Or just buy a pair of RCA extension cords and use those.

[quote name='PaulG']I've actually looked at the photo again on the site and have an amendment. There's not a lot of slack between the video cables and audio. So you're either gonna have to connect audio extension cables to make it to your stereo, or do what I'm gonna do... carefully tear the audio cable molding away from the video cables. You need to be very careful doing this, however, because if you pull too haphazardly, you can expose wires (I've done this before... just be slow and very steady.)[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend that you just go to Radioshack or something and get some extension cables. It shouldn't be that bad.

[quote name='shrike4242']Or just buy a pair of RCA extension cords and use those.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Draccius']I would highly recommend that you just go to Radioshack or something and get some extension cables. It shouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

I've actually got a bunch of stereo cables lying around and like 8 spare RCA audio jack extension plugs. It's just so easy to pull that plastic cabling apart and this way I don't risk losing any audio quality with unnecessary extensions.

Although I may just hook these up for the off chance I eventually get bored of Wii and Ebay prices are ridiculous like Gamecube's once were. Maximize potential profits in the future.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Got 'em! Thanks OP. I don't know why but this never even crossed my mind, I thought I'd be able to use my GC cables.[/QUOTE]

What kind of cables are they bundling with the Wii? Composite? RF? :)

You'd think these would be included.

[quote name='jaybird']What kind of cables are they bundling with the Wii? Composite? RF? :)

You'd think these would be included.[/QUOTE]

Composite.

Wow, what a pain. I was able to order by phone though. I had to redial a few times, but it finally went through. $39.xx with 3 day shipping.

Ordered one. Was a pain to change my address since the last time i ordered from Nintendo ( component cable for the GC ) but i got it. Pretty much an even trade since i sold the GC one already.

bread's done
Back