first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

I wonder if the weather is delaying the UPS pickup like another poster mentioned. The tracking numbers should be viewable is the packages were actually picked up.

Also, when I tried to call Nintendo last night, I got a message about them being closed due to local weather conditions.

[quote name='alphaomegacode']can anyone suggest a good high def video/video game selector for my box 360, wii and ps3 to be used with my dlp?

thanks![/quote]

I use the gamestop branded one. There's no noticeable difference when using the selector vs running the cables directly to the TV. I'm sure it's not as great as an expensive expensive one but iirc it was only $25 or so.

[quote name='ckny']I use the gamestop branded one. There's no noticeable difference when using the selector vs running the cables directly to the TV. I'm sure it's not as great as an expensive expensive one but iirc it was only $25 or so.[/QUOTE]
So the more expensive ones have a better picture or not? I know they have their own power supply and remotes, but is the picture actually better over the GS one or other cheaper boxes. I am going to get one soon and would like to know. Thanks.

[quote name='addicted2games']So the more expensive ones have a better picture or not? I know they have their own power supply and remotes, but is the picture actually better over the GS one or other cheaper boxes. I am going to get one soon and would like to know. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Most people can not tell the difference, but there might be a slight loss of quality. The thing about the more expensive ones is most of them act as ethernet and optical switchers as well.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Most people can not tell the difference, but there might be a slight loss of quality. The thing about the more expensive ones is most of them act as ethernet and optical switchers as well.[/QUOTE]
oh ok, didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

I have the mad catz one and using the component cables as the OUT to the tv that came with it you will lose quality. I purchased $15 monster cables as the OUT to the tv and the picture is better. Quality is still lost but whatever you do , Don't use the thin componenent cables that came with the switchbox.

Interesting, they initially claimed my cables wouldn't ship until the 18th, but I checked my order and it says "Preparing" and already has a tracking number (that doesn't work) listed. I guess I will be getting them earlier than I thought.

[quote name='addicted2games']So the more expensive ones have a better picture or not? I know they have their own power supply and remotes, but is the picture actually better over the GS one or other cheaper boxes. I am going to get one soon and would like to know. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're running your 360 and PS3 at resolutions higher than 480p, you will definitely want a switcher with a power supply. The unpowered cheapie switches will degrade the signal, and it's most noticable at HD resolutions. I have and recommend the Impact Acoustics 3-Play switcher. Roughly 50 dollars, metal case, very nice quality, no signal degredation. Be careful to get the component one rather than the S-video/composite one. Here's the cheapest I could find it at a reputable store: http://www.provantage.com/cables-go-40324~7CTBP083.htm.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Assuming you're running your 360 and PS3 at resolutions higher than 480p, you will definitely want a switcher with a power supply. The unpowered cheapie switches will degrade the signal, and it's most noticable at HD resolutions. I have and recommend the Impact Acoustics 3-Play switcher. Roughly 50 dollars, metal case, very nice quality, no signal degredation. Be careful to get the component one rather than the S-video/composite one. Here's the cheapest I could find it at a reputable store: http://www.provantage.com/cables-go-40324~7CTBP083.htm.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the info. I am kinda looking for at least 4 inputs as I have my PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, and the PS3(whenever I get it) using component. I will have the capable systems running higher than 480p on my HDTV, so I need a better switcher I guess. I saw one at BestBuy yesterday that cost $110. It looked really nice but I need to find out more about it. I forgot the brand of it. I dont want to spend that much but who knows if I have to. Online I found an atlona unit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-2-ATLONA-COMP...1QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73390QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Does anyone know how that one is?
I might just try the one you showed me as its half price, and just live with 3 outputs. Decisions, decisions.......

I ordered mine on the 19th and they shipped today with a scheduled delivery date later this week. Hopefully they keep it going and fill all backorders soon...

Mine showed up on Monday. It's a nice improvement... but it isn't worth the price that people were paying for it on Ebay, in my estimation.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Most people can not tell the difference, but there might be a slight loss of quality. The thing about the more expensive ones is most of them act as ethernet and optical switchers as well.[/QUOTE]

I need one of those actually

[quote name='geepgal']I ordered mine on the 19th and they shipped today with a scheduled delivery date later this week. Hopefully they keep it going and fill all backorders soon...[/quote]Does it say shipped on your order page and does your tracking number work?

I had placed an order on the 15th and though it says that the order is being processed and there's a tracking number, it doesn't work. I don't whether to think that they have the UPS tag, but just haven't packed and shipped it. Yet I ordered 4 days ahead of you. Hopefully, it just hasn't been updated by UPS and is actually enroute.

[quote name='addicted2games']I might just try the one you showed me as its half price, and just live with 3 outputs. Decisions, decisions.......[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way - you could get 2 of mine (6 inputs total) for the same price as that eBay one, and that one may not even be of equivalent quality.

Does anyone else feel that Nintendo may have massively mis-predicted their target audience with all of these ridiculous ebay prices and severe shortages?

I mean, it seems like a LOT of people are wanting to display their Wii in hi-def.

That said, my dinky little composite cable makes me a sad panda. :cry:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Does it say shipped on your order page and does your tracking number work?[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine does say "shipped" and it is trackable now. It's the last part to go out of the order I placed for wiimotes/nunchuks/component cables. I paid for one two day shipping fee and got 3 two day shipments out of it. At least I know I got my money worth shipping wise, I guess!

Got an email today. Ive had a tracking number for days and its still untrackable. Hopefully it was really actully shipped out today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello JOHN,

Thank you for shopping with Nintendo! We wanted to let you know that your
order has been shipped.

To track the status of your shipment, please visit your My Nintendo account
(http://www.nintendo.com/cpp/login/login.do). Please note that your
tracking information will not be available until your package has been
received and scanned by the carrier (UPS, FedEx, Purolator, etc).

If you have any questions or need to modify your order, please e-mail us at
[email protected]. Please include your phone number in your
message in case our representative needs to contact you by phone.

If you'd like to reach us by phone, you may call our Consumer Service
Department at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available every day
between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. Pacific time. Our representatives can answer any
questions you have about products or shipping time. As this line can get
very busy, we recommend contacting us by e-mail first.

To view Nintendo's Return Policy or get answers to other order and shipping
questions, please visit http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/orders.jsp.

Thanks again for your order!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name='geepgal']Yeah mine does say "shipped" and it is trackable now. It's the last part to go out of the order I placed for wiimotes/nunchuks/component cables. I paid for one two day shipping fee and got 3 two day shipments out of it. At least I know I got my money worth shipping wise, I guess![/quote]Alright, thanks.

Mine says shipped now finally after sitting at "preparing order" for two days. The tracking still has yet to enter UPS' system though as it's still untrackable.

[quote name='BarrettSan']Does anyone else feel that Nintendo may have massively mis-predicted their target audience with all of these ridiculous ebay prices and severe shortages?

I mean, it seems like a LOT of people are wanting to display their Wii in hi-def.

That said, my dinky little composite cable makes me a sad panda. :cry:[/quote]

HDTVs aren't the only displays that use component cables

Just so you know, I received an email this morning that my wii component cables shipped from Nintendo, so they are shipping their back orders now. Now if I can only find a wii.

Got my cables today. They make a HUGE difference on my HDTV, far more than those gamespot screenshots even led you to believe.

Well worth the money.

[quote name='purduealum91']Anyone putting theirs up for $150 on fleabay?[/QUOTE]

Be warned that Nintendo now says one cable per household , and that duplicate orders will be canceled without warning.

Mine still show preparing order. They have shown this for 3 days now and I am starting to get a little ticked off. I ordered prior to the backorder notice that was posted on the 22nd which means they were supposed to ship on the 28th. I should have them by now and I should not be still waiting for them to ship.

My tracking number still doesn' show up with UPS and they're still listed as preparing....

I hope they just didn't update? Maybe? Gah, I wanted them by the weekend.

I have a tracking number that doesn't work yet and the status is "preparing order"...been like this for a couple days now. I'm happy that I'm still getting the cables though, and I'm not in *that* much of a rush because I still don't have a Wii. :(

[quote name='purduealum91']Anyone putting theirs up for $150 on fleabay?[/quote]
Oh God no. That morning they began offering them (well, the morning after the night they officially started carrying them) was about 90 minutes of stress that more than $100 profit would be required to make-up for.

BTW, speaking of eBay, has anyone seen this: http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-NINTENDO-WII-COMPONENT-VIDEO-CABLE-SOLD-OUT_W0QQitemZ190057494581QQihZ009QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen those boxes for component cables before...what's up with those, is Nintendo now shipping the cables with those boxes or are these imports? Personally, I couldn't care less about HAVING a case, I'm just curious if they've stopped sending them in just the plastic bag with instructions.

Scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday for me. Sheesh. Guess I'll stick with Wii Sports, TC and Excite Truck. I'm itching to pop in Zelda.

Mine shipped today, still can't track it though.

I was hoping it would ship out yesterday since I chose UPS Blue and would get it by Friday, but looks like I'll probably get it by Monday.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I've seen those boxes for component cables before...what's up with those, is Nintendo now shipping the cables with those boxes or are these imports? Personally, I couldn't care less about HAVING a case, I'm just curious if they've stopped sending them in just the plastic bag with instructions.[/QUOTE]
Those look like the North America packaging hence the English/French/Spanish description on the boxes.

bread's done
Back