first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

It looks like eBay prices have calmed down considerably. If I was still able to get ~$150 for mine, I'd definitely sell them. It looks like I'll just have to keep them and use them now. =]

With the way Nintendo has been stocking stores with wii remotes, nunchuks, and classic controllers, these cables will probably be difficult to find in stores, if it ever does get to retail stores.

[quote name='FlipSide']Right on the product page is states that stores should get them by mid-december. But they also said that component will be available in stores at launch so that could change also. 3rd party cables might be available on B&M stores soon tho.. I think.[/QUOTE]

Does it still say that? It said that early last week when it said they weren't available from Nintendo.com until then - so that's why I didn't order. Then that all changed last Thursday. They didn't say anything about store availability any more and EB/GS bumped up the date on their store availability to JANUARY 30TH! It still says that now at EB. They have Mad Catz "premium" cables shown for $49.99 available Dec 26th.

OK, just looked at Nintendo.com again and it no longer says anything about store availability - it does mention how they are resuming delivery of backorders and there is now a limit of one per household. I'm guessing this means the store deliveries have been pushed back as EB/GS indicates. I'd order them from Nintendo while you can.

I ordered my cables from Nintendo on the 1st of December and it is still backordered. What is very interesting though is that I called the nintendo rep to confirm my order and get an eta on when the cables would ship. He told me that they would get some cables around the 15th of Dec. He also infomred me that Nintendo would not be shipping these cables to retail until late January..... I was confused and did not beleive him till I took a look at GS/EB's site and they now have the date of the cables being available in late January!!1

Man, I seem to be having a run of bad luck lately... people who ordered on the 28-30th have had theirs shipped? I ordered these on the 21st, and mine is still stuck at "preparing order." They pulled the tracking # on it as well; I sent them an email about it (which will hopefully prompt them to get off their asses).

ok so i bited!! lol, i couldn't stand the Wii's graphic on my HDTV 52inch widescreen and i guess $30 plus tax and shipping comes out to be roughly $37.43 for me, blah really expensive for a freaken cables that should of been included in there in the first place.... plus i don't think these will get any cheaper...screw CC and there $60 cable..

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Ordered Nov 28th and they shipped today. Maybe saturday they will come? I refuse to even open zelda or rabbids until i can use these cables.[/quote]

You know Rayman Raving Rabids is only 480i, right?

I ordered November 30th and got a "final stages of processing" email on Saturday. I have a tracking number via UPS, it is marked as shipped online, but the tracking number doesn't work yet.

[quote name='born2win413']ok so i bited!! lol, i couldn't stand the Wii's graphic on my HDTV 52inch widescreen and i guess $30 plus tax and shipping comes out to be roughly $37.43 for me, blah really expensive for a freaken cables that should of been included in there in the first place.... plus i don't think these will get any cheaper...screw CC and there $60 cable..[/quote]
Agree with your post 100%. Cost me $37.48 for a cable that should have been included.

And I will NOT buy any Wii game that does not support 480p widescreen. Sorry Rayman (no 480p) and Trauma Center (no widescreen).

[quote name='ZildjianKX']And I will NOT buy any Wii game that does not support 480p widescreen. Sorry Rayman (no 480p) and Trauma Center (no widescreen).[/quote]

Haha, your loss.

So, I wonder how those ebay prices are going to go? I guess Nintendo's supply is completely depleted.

[quote name='Gojtron']I thought Rayman was, I've been seeing mixed reports.[/QUOTE]
It's not.

Theres no reason to hold out on playing Rayman but I popped in Excitetruck and it looked worlds better in 480p.

[quote name='SpazX']Haha, your loss.

So, I wonder how those ebay prices are going to go? I guess Nintendo's supply is completely depleted.[/quote]

I didn't mean to come across as jerk, but I'm voting with my money for developers to get their act together. If they don't take the time to at least do 480p widescreen, I won't give them my money.

Well, my Nov 30th order just moved to "Processing" from "Backordered" today, so that is a good sign.

[quote name='io']Well, my Nov 30th order just moved to "Processing" from "Backordered" today, so that is a good sign.[/quote]

I also ordered on the 30th and my order status is listed as "Preparing order." Does that mean it will be shipping today or tomorrow?

[quote name='Pratt75']I also ordered on the 30th and my order status is listed as "Preparing order." Does that mean it will be shipping today or tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

It seems that is the first step towards it shipping soon - don't know about today or tomorrow. It's a hell of a lot better than "Backordered" though ;). And I screwed up my post - mine actually says "Preparing Order" as well - never saw "Processing".

Mine has also moved into "Preparing Order" and my card was charged, I guess that does in fact mean the cables are shipping soon.

So good.

I ordered on 11/30 and as of 1:00 this morning my order also said "preparing order." Then, as of 3:00pm this afternoon it said "Backordered". To top it off, as of 30 minutes ago I get an email from Nintendo saying my order has been cancelled. I looked up the order number on Nintendo.com and it says "cancelled, no details available."

I guess I lose.

[quote name='bmulligan']I ordered on 11/30 and as of 1:00 this morning my order also said "preparing order." Then, as of 3:00pm this afternoon it said "Backordered". To top it off, as of 30 minutes ago I get an email from Nintendo saying my order has been cancelled. I looked up the order number on Nintendo.com and it says "cancelled, no details available."

I guess I lose.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered more than one set or had more than one order, then that is why your order was canceled.

i ordered mine today... i better get these cables by the end of next week or im going to be pissed. i opened ZELDA and played the first few 15 minutes but i am not going to play anymore until the cables get here!!!!

[quote name='purduealum91']How does Nintendo expect us to make money on these if they keep cancelling our multiple orders? Sheesh[/quote]

stupid....why the hell would nintendo want us to make money, and especiallly off them.... bravo u are ignorant... carry on

I ordered on Dec 1st too. Also got "Preparing Order" status.

[quote name='pacifictrim']My Dec 1st order is also 'Preparing order.' I'm more than a little thrilled about this.[/quote]

My 2nd order of component cables are 'preparing order' right now. I hope they ship in the next couple of days. I put my first set on ebay assuming I wouldn't get a Wii due to my bad luck this week. Hopefully I'll at least be able to get my set free.

Just adding to the chorus, my November 30th order (order number 35004XX) just got moved to "Preparing Order" so it seems like they're making them and shipping them pretty fast.

[quote name='born2win413']stupid....why the hell would nintendo want us to make money, and especiallly off them.... bravo u are ignorant... carry on[/quote] Bravo, you can't detect sarcasm.

In other news, my November 30 order is also in "preparing order" status. :)

I ordered mine this afternoon and it's sitting in "Processing". I expect it to go to BO status, which is fine, since I don't have my Wii yet.

My UPS tracking number still don't work,I ordered on 11/30 and it went to processing then to shipping on Saturday (with a 12/04 ship date). Anyone else has this problem??

Guys, your numbers won't work until after you get the e-mail from Nintendo saying your item was shipped. I had a tracking number for nearly four days before I got the e-mail and even then, UPS didn't update it until 12 hours later.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Guys, your numbers won't work until after you get the e-mail from Nintendo saying your item was shipped. I had a tracking number for nearly four days before I got the e-mail and even then, UPS didn't update it until 12 hours later.[/QUOTE]

Thnx, last e-mail I got from them was that my order is in last stages of processing but when I checked the status it was already shipped but no e-mail from NOA that it shipped.

[quote name='FlipSide']Right on the product page is states that stores should get them by mid-december. But they also said that component will be available in stores at launch so that could change also. 3rd party cables might be available on B&M stores soon tho.. I think.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks.

From the UPS tracking site:

THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so looking forward to finally playing zelda again...

I ordered 11/23, Nintendo shipped 12/01, it's scheduled to arrive 12/08. I'm not sure if it normally takes that long for delivery. I guess it has something to do with the distance from Nintendo to my house (Washington state to Florida), one corner of the country to it's opposite.

[quote name='trunksx34']From the UPS tracking site:

THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so looking forward to finally playing zelda again...[/QUOTE]
Wow that sucks...

Yay, mine were scheduled to get here tomorrow and now they're rescheduled to wednesday, so I'll get them exactly 2 weeks after ordering them with 2-day shipping

[quote name='jeremy517']If you ordered more than one set or had more than one order, then that is why your order was canceled.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, ace, I only ordered ONE. But I guess that was too much for them to handle. I tried again right after I posted here and they have already charged my credit card, so things are looking up!

ordered mine dec 1st, chose 1 day express, shipped and scheduled to arrive tomorrow! ebayed it with buy it now and sold for $119 5 minutes after i put it up!
i really hope i can come by another pair of em before christmas to keep!!

by the way, my target had 84 wii's in on sunday, got there at 715am, was #34, they opened at 8am, the toys r us had gotten over 200 though! im in torrance, it was the same toys r us who had the midnight launch. gave my wii to my kid cousin for hannukah, hope i get one for myself this week!

I don't know what to do... wait through the backorder for these? or just get the Psyclone one's from CC when they arrive in store on Discount (friend works there) so i'm hoping that he'll be able to lower that ball busting $59.99 tag.....

[quote name='thesmyster']ordered mine dec 1st, chose 1 day express, shipped and scheduled to arrive tomorrow! ebayed it with buy it now and sold for $119 5 minutes after i put it up!
i really hope i can come by another pair of em before christmas to keep!!

by the way, my target had 84 wii's in on sunday, got there at 715am, was #34, they opened at 8am, the toys r us had gotten over 200 though! im in torrance, it was the same toys r us who had the midnight launch. gave my wii to my kid cousin for hannukah, hope i get one for myself this week![/QUOTE]

What kind of crap is that? I ordered Nov 30th and it still says "Preparing". And the Target near me only had 30 Wiis and the TRU only 60 - with WAY more people than that lined up well before opening (which I heard later - I didn't need to go there as I already had one).

Not to mention that you sold something you didn't have yet - bad eBay etiquette there ;). What if UPS screws up? I also can't believe you got that much when most auctions are $50-$60 now with pictures of the actual, in hand, items (which clearly you could not do unless you ripped someone else's picture).

I ordered mine on the 15th. They finally shipped out last wednseday. They were scheduled for tomorrorw but got bumped up to today! YEESS! I am finally getting my cables :)

bread's done
Back