first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='HuBu']arent these things coming to retail stores?[/quote]

If EB/GS is any indicator, not until January.

I ordered mine from NOA on the 25th and it looks like they shipped it out on the 4th this month. It also LOOKS like they have them in stock, although it just says they're fulfilling backorders.

to everyone that ordered on the 30th and still has "preparing" marked in their order, come back in 10 days and then complain. i'm still waiting from the 20th.

[quote name='allyourblood']to everyone that ordered on the 30th and still has "preparing" marked in their order, come back in 10 days and then complain. i'm still waiting from the 20th.[/QUOTE]

You need to call them ASAP.

By the way, my Nov 30th order finally shipped today (Weds) - tracking info not active yet.

And yes, it does appear they rush ship the UPS Blue shipments. That kind of sucks - I figured you pay for a faster shipping method and that's fine - I can wait 5 days for the shipment to arrive via ground shipping. I didn't expect them to sit on my order for nearly a week before even shipping while getting the more expensive shipments out within 12 hours!

[quote name='io']You need to call them ASAP.

By the way, my Nov 30th order finally shipped today (Weds) - tracking info not active yet.

And yes, it does appear they rush ship the UPS Blue shipments. That kind of sucks - I figured you pay for a faster shipping method and that's fine - I can wait 5 days for the shipment to arrive via ground shipping. I didn't expect them to sit on my order for nearly a week before even shipping while getting the more expensive shipments out within 12 hours![/quote]

Yeah, that is really shady, IMO, even though I am benefitting from it. A $2 bump in shipping was worth it to me to get them faster, I just didn't realize it would be this fast!

[quote name='allyourblood']to everyone that ordered on the 30th and still has "preparing" marked in their order, come back in 10 days and then complain. i'm still waiting from the 20th.[/quote]
Yeah, like io said, I would call them... mine was on the 21st and it's still "preparing" as well. Although TBH I'm not sure how much good it will do; last night, I was told by the CSR on the line that I would receive it by this Friday, yet the order status is still unchanged :roll:

Oh, and for the conspiracy theorists: I chose the cheaper shipping option.

Ordered on the 30th, just got them delivered today. I chose the cheapest shipping option. Shipped out of Washington state, delivered to California.

I ordered on the 30th, and the UPS status says "Billing Information Received." Not sure if I should expect them soon or not.

[quote name='jtbradford']Yeah, like io said, I would call them... mine was on the 21st and it's still "preparing" as well. Although TBH I'm not sure how much good it will do; last night, I was told by the CSR on the line that I would receive it by this Friday, yet the order status is still unchanged :roll:

Oh, and for the conspiracy theorists: I chose the cheaper shipping option.[/quote]

the first 2 times i tried to call them there was a HUGE wait (the first time i waited over half an hour and finally hung up), and i haven't bothered since. i've e-mailed them, and they've actually been responding, albeit ULTRA-slowly. they just seem to keep shining me on, saying "keep checking the website". i'm going to start STABBING the website soon.

my order doesn't say "preparing" or "shipping" or anything of the sort. it states (always has), "Backordered". i e-mailed them yesterday (i think -- maybe it was the day before) asking them to please have someone personally view my order and determine the problem; if i don't hear anything from them by tomorrow afternoon, i guess i'll just cancel the order and place it again. who knows what that'll do!

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']To give hope to fellow November 30th people, I now have a tracking number. :D[/quote]Same here. Finally..

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Ordered on the 30th, just got them delivered today. I chose the cheapest shipping option. Shipped out of Washington state, delivered to California.[/QUOTE]

Bah - I'm in Northern OR and they didn't get mine here by today despite cheap shipping on the same day (at least I finally got the tracking number). HOPEFULLY being this close might mean they get here by Friday so I can play me some Zelda this weekend.

As for all the wacky shipping - well, I never thought of Nintendo's online store as being a major ecommerce site. It is more for ordering parts and accessories and whatnot, so I don't quite expect as much out of them. HOWEVER, I'm still pissed they apparently decided to shift sales of these cables from stores as promised (mid-Dec now pushed back to late Jan) to their web site and THEN got all wacky with the shipping.

From what I've experienced based on my friends and I ordering on seperate days, they just work there way up from who ordered first and ship their orders.

No preferences was given to UPS RED or BLUE from what I saw.

[quote name='Doom5']From what I've experienced based on my friends and I ordering on seperate days, they just work there way up from who ordered first and ship their orders.

No preferences was given to UPS RED or BLUE from what I saw.[/QUOTE]

Well, all the evidence we've seen here is UPS Blue/Red ship instantly, while they sit on UPS standard orders for several days - though it is definitely random and definitely not in any consistent relation to order number, anyway (at least for the standard shipping ones). But whatever, as long as I get them soon I'll be happy.

I ordered them yesterday... Dec 5... next day got the "in the final stages of processing" email...
have a tracking number, but it doesnt work yet... my cables say shipped.. but the CONSUMER RETURN INSERT is Backordered... Hopefully tommorrow it ships...
Used UPS Blue...
Anyone actually a registered user @ Nintendo? Just a theory, but do you think they would ship faster to members?

[quote name='V Man']Anyone actually a registered user @ Nintendo? Just a theory, but do you think they would ship faster to members?[/QUOTE]

Im an Nsider..joined so I can register my systems. I figured It will be easier getting warraty service that way. I ordered the cables 11/30(morning),it was backordered but changed to proccessing on Dec 1 and changed to shipping Dec 2(with a shipping date of 12/4 since it was a saturday). I used the cheapest shipping.

Hmmm... so I'm guessing if Allyourblood is an Nsider too, then the theory is broken... cuz DAM, Nov. 20 sure is an assload of time compared to everyone else...

[quote name='V Man']Hmmm... so I'm guessing if Allyourblood is an Nsider too, then the theory is broken... cuz DAM, Nov. 20 sure is an assload of time compared to everyone else...[/quote]

i am registered (Nsider), and i chose the 2-day shipping. i think i'm a bit of an anomaly though, since i seem to be the only one waiting this long. actually, someone else mentioned having ordered on the 21st, but of course, their order is now shipping. good times.

Well, I was playing Zelda tonight and I decided I just couldn't wait any longer so I went ahead and ordered the component cables. OH well what's $35 for a superior picture?

[quote name='V Man']Anyone actually a registered user @ Nintendo? Just a theory, but do you think they would ship faster to members?[/QUOTE]

I'm registered with over 60 Nintendo products registered under my account. Didn't help me a bit.

Also, I found out from my EB that they expect the Nintendo 1st party cables on Jan 1st - so I don't know what the BS about Jan 30th on the web site is. Thing is, had I known that I might have waited for them in store. Arggh....

I guess if I get mine by Monday or Tues then I should just hook 'em up and have a nice looking first Elebits game on Weds evening and stop worrying about being such a CAG ;). I mean, a full-priced $50 game + $35 cables paid for with real money (as opposed to credit) is about as far from a CAG as you can get.

So, here's a bit of encouragement for all of us who ordered these from NOA at the "inflated" price of retail + shipping.

I had never played my GC on anything but component - got them from Nintendo back in 2003 (for about the same price, actually, but at the time was very glad to pay that - 'twas before I was a CAG). I had them hooked up before I even had the GC (as it was a Christmas present for the kidlets at the time).

My Wii, of course, has been set up with composite now since launch. Despite seeming mildly fuzzy in the Wii Menu I hadn't thought it was too bad.

Well, tonight I was testing out a used Mario Power Tennis that I bought use from Blockbuster. First I played it on the GC using component and setting pro scan on and it looked great, as expected. Then, since the disc was a bit scratched I decided to try it on the Wii, just to see if it was more sensitive to the disc condition. I had not yet tried a GC game on it. It played fine, BUT, I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY between the component/pro scan GC and the composite/480i Wii setup. The game in the Wii nearly made me sick in comparison (blurry, fuzzy, flickery). I'm not sure how much of that is component vs pro scan - I'm leaning towards most of that just being the composite/component difference, as there have been many times I haven't enabled pro scan on GC games and didn't notice too much difference.

Wow.... Now I have no qualms about getting these cables ASAP and be damned the expense. I wonder how much better Wii Sports, Rayman, and the Mii and photo channels will look? Fortunately I haven't sullied my eyes with a composite version of Zelda yet ;).

[quote name='io']So, here's a bit of encouragement for all of us who ordered these from NOA at the "inflated" price of retail + shipping.

I had never played my GC on anything but component - got them from Nintendo back in 2003 (for about the same price, actually, but at the time was very glad to pay that - 'twas before I was a CAG). I had them hooked up before I even had the GC (as it was a Christmas present for the kidlets at the time).

My Wii, of course, has been set up with composite now since launch. Despite seeming mildly fuzzy in the Wii Menu I hadn't thought it was too bad.

Well, tonight I was testing out a used Mario Power Tennis that I bought use from Blockbuster. First I played it on the GC using component and setting pro scan on and it looked great, as expected. Then, since the disc was a bit scratched I decided to try it on the Wii, just to see if it was more sensitive to the disc condition. I had not yet tried a GC game on it. It played fine, BUT, I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY between the component/pro scan GC and the composite/480i Wii setup. The game in the Wii nearly made me sick in comparison (blurry, fuzzy, flickery). I'm not sure how much of that is component vs pro scan - I'm leaning towards most of that just being the composite/component difference, as there have been many times I haven't enabled pro scan on GC games and didn't notice too much difference.

Wow.... Now I have no qualms about getting these cables ASAP and be damned the expense. I wonder how much better Wii Sports, Rayman, and the Mii and photo channels will look? Fortunately I haven't sullied my eyes with a composite version of Zelda yet ;).[/QUOTE]

Wow that awesome. I really look forward on receiving my Cables tomorrow.

I just bought an HDTV last week. My Wii Looked great on a 27" CRT TV. Once I bought this HDTV though my picture became distored and blurry. I barely play my Wii because of it. Again I can't wait for my Comp. Cables tomorrow. :)

[quote name='io']I wonder how much better Wii Sports, Rayman, and the Mii and photo channels will look? Fortunately I haven't sullied my eyes with a composite version of Zelda yet ;).[/quote]

You won't notice much difference with Mii Channel or Wii Sports as those aren't optimized for 480p. The interface in general does look cleaner, though.

[quote name='gunm']You won't notice much difference with Mii Channel or Wii Sports as those aren't optimized for 480p. The interface in general does look cleaner, though.[/QUOTE]

We'll see I guess. I was kind of assuming most of the increase in quality was due to component vs composite and not the pro scan though. Hopefully I'll know for sure on... (hoped to look up the date - tracking is active but only shows "departure" from Redmond a mere 1 hour ago and no estimated delivery time)...

Is Wii Sports really not 480p? I assumed that would be. I also assumed the Channels interface would be. Is the Photo Channel optimized? I noticed what I thought was interlacing-related flickering on pictures there (so was hoping they would be more "steady" with the component).

[quote name='V Man']I ordered them yesterday... Dec 5... next day got the "in the final stages of processing" email...
have a tracking number, but it doesnt work yet... my cables say shipped.. but the CONSUMER RETURN INSERT is Backordered... Hopefully tommorrow it ships...
Used UPS Blue...
Anyone actually a registered user @ Nintendo? Just a theory, but do you think they would ship faster to members?[/QUOTE]

No they don't. The slowdown is because of the high demand. When i got ordered mine on 11.15.06 the demand was soo high the processing time took 3 or 4 days. I used UPS RED and I did not get mine till 11.20.06. Mostly because I am on the East Coast and it is shipping from Redmond Washington.

[quote name='purduealum91']How much are these fetching on fleabay?[/QUOTE]

$50-60... which creates a very small profit unless you have 100 of them.

I saw one go as high as $120 but that was during launch week.

My 2nd set of component cables shipped on the 5th and are arriving today. So, I've received 2 component cables, zelda, a wii mote, and no Wii. I do not rule.

[quote name='munch']My 2nd set of component cables shipped on the 5th and are arriving today. So, I've received 2 component cables, zelda, a wii mote, and no Wii. I do not rule.[/quote]
Here. I think I know what you need. :twoguns:

kspiff

My order from Dec 1st just went to "shipped" today. Tracking number is there, but I assume UPS hasn't picked it up yet. Still, that's a better turnaround time than I expected.

I just got to the Arbiter's Grounds on Zelda and I'm considering stopping there until the cables get here.

[quote name='io']We'll see I guess. I was kind of assuming most of the increase in quality was due to component vs composite and not the pro scan though. Hopefully I'll know for sure on... (hoped to look up the date - tracking is active but only shows "departure" from Redmond a mere 1 hour ago and no estimated delivery time)...

Is Wii Sports really not 480p? I assumed that would be. I also assumed the Channels interface would be. Is the Photo Channel optimized? I noticed what I thought was interlacing-related flickering on pictures there (so was hoping they would be more "steady" with the component).[/QUOTE]

Of course it's 480p. Everything produced for the Wii (at least first party) is. And you will see a difference in Wii Sports. It's the little things. For instance, look at the trees in the background in Tennis via composite. They're a blurry mess. Grainy and terrible. Via component you'll actually see the leaves. And no more nasty moire effects on the grass and the net.

[quote name='bo0']$50-60... which creates a very small profit unless you have 100 of them.

I saw one go as high as $120 but that was during launch week.[/QUOTE]

The highest closing price I saw in that opening week was $235. No shit.

[quote name='Tybee']Of course it's 480p. Everything produced for the Wii (at least first party) is. And you will see a difference in Wii Sports. It's the little things. For instance, look at the trees in the background in Tennis via composite. They're a blurry mess. Grainy and terrible. Via component you'll actually see the leaves. And no more nasty moire effects on the grass and the net.[/QUOTE]
I noticed on my new HD TV The ball is really blurry. I'm guessing the Comp Cable will take care of that also.

bread's done
Back