first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='hoofrog']Same here. I almost hate having a tracking number though because I will constantly be checking to see where it is. I can't wait![/QUOTE]

tracking number should tell you the date that the shipment is going to get to you.

ordered on the 7th - receiving it the 11th due to the weekend.

Got my confirmation email today, and I ordered mine on Tues. It looks like Nintendo figured they could corner the market on these cables, which explains why stores wont be getting them till next year, as opposed to "early Dec".

[quote name='HuBu']ordered on the 7th - receiving it the 11th due to the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Wish UPS ran on Saturdays. :(

YES! Mine shipped today! Im so happy... Ill be at school next week so as long as they are here by Friday its all good. Just picked up an olevia 537h thatll come around the same time too (800 at newegg for those interested!).

[quote name='BasketCase1080']YES! Mine shipped today! Im so happy... Ill be at school next week so as long as they are here by Friday its all good. Just picked up an olevia 537h thatll come around the same time too (800 at newegg for those interested!).[/quote]

i bought this same TV a couple weeks ago from Target.com for a little less than 800. it's great. we bought it for the bedroom, but i hooked up my 360 to it just to put her thru her paces. the picture is top-notch, and the level of control Olevia gives you in regards to picture adjustment is astounding. on my 50" Sony, i have to go thru a hidden service menu just to fiddle with the same properties that the 537 lets you tweak right off the bat. good purchase!

Ladies and gentleman!!!!!

The time has come. The earth has begun to shift, the seas are clashing. Fire rains from the sky, the heavens quake, and man cowers in fear...

FOR TODAY, my redheaded-stepchild of an order is...

PREPARING. That's right. I offer you a rich and creamy jpg of the once unmovable, unshakable bowel-movement that was my backordered fiasco:

holycrap.jpg

Amazing.

[quote name='HuBu']wrist strap? how?[/quote]

me? they comped my wrist straps and shipping as a favor, since i've been going back and forth with them thru several e-mails (we're up to 6, now).

my favorite part is "WII REMOTE SUGGESTIONS"

suggestion #1: "We suggest you don't throw that honey thru your TV."

My order from Dec 1st left Washington State last night. It's scheduled to be here in Carolina on the 14th (next thursday). Hopefully sooner though..

Got mine today. Ordered on Nov 30th. Havent seen anything but the menus. I know it looks alot better in general after seeing my friend using them. Cant wait ti get some zelda on tonight.

wow. my first order was cancelled for some odd reason even though i ordered before Nov 22nd. (I had ordered on the 19th)... i placed another order late last night, and today I got a shipping notification.

sweet!

I was just coming home from college life... and as i pull onto my street at 5:30 pm on a rainy afternoon in Northern California, I see a noticeably large brown truck rumbling towards me.... i park and as i check my doorstep, low and behold, the mighty NOA components appear in a long brown box....
Whew! good thing i wasn't home waiting for these... that's a late delivery....
btw... Zelda looks great... now, only one question remains...

which strategy guide to buy? Prima or Nintendo? I was thinking of heading over to BB and getting the Prima one for $15 with the GGC... suggestions?

[quote name='V Man']I was just coming home from college life... and as i pull onto my street at 5:30 pm on a rainy afternoon in Northern California, I see a noticeably large brown truck rumbling towards me.... i park and as i check my doorstep, low and behold, the mighty NOA components appear in a long brown box....

which strategy guide to buy? Prima or Nintendo? I was thinking of heading over to BB and getting the Prima one for $15 with the GGC... suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Go to store.nintendo.com

$19.95

You get a years worth of nintendo power (12 issues)

the official players guide that also covers the gamecube version

AND

The official soundtrack to zelda: TP

:D

[quote name='bo0']Go to store.nintendo.com

$19.95

You get a years worth of nintendo power (12 issues)

the official players guide that also covers the gamecube version

AND

The official soundtrack to zelda: TP

:D[/QUOTE]

fuck.... I would love to do that... but ...

"The Zelda: Twilight Princess Player's Guide and Zelda: Twilight Princess Soundtrack CD will begin shipping the week of November 28, 2006 and will take 4-6 weeks for delivery."

WOW... that's a DISTANCE... in 4-6 weeks i hope to be close to done thanks to having winter break until the end of January...

The order that I placed on 11/29 for component cables shipped 12/4 and arrived 12/7 by standard shipping. I already started a new game in Zelda and made it to the Forest Temple (same place I was when I decided to stop playing and wait for component cables).

I'd like to add my sentiments to the fact that it makes a HUGE difference. It's still clearly not HD, but the textures and colors look much, much better. Unfortunately, there are still jaggies (on Link in particular), but overall it looks pretty great.

Also, I placed an order for a Nintendo Power subscription (my old one was from Dec '96 to Jan '04!) with Zelda players guide and soundtrack on 11/26. In the "Notes" section of my "Active Subscriptions," it says "This subscription comes with a FREE gift of a ZELDA:TP GUIDE & SOUNDTRACK CD which was shipped on November 30, 2006." However, it has not come yet..

[quote name='estat']I'd like to add my sentiments to the fact that it makes a HUGE difference. It's still clearly not HD, but the textures and colors look much, much better. Unfortunately, there are still jaggies (on Link in particular), but overall it looks pretty great.
..[/QUOTE]

Well, in general, component makes jaggies much worse, since you are seeing more of the actual output from the console, whereas composite blurs the jaggies out somewhat.

A PS2 hooked up with component cables is a complete jag-fest ;). The GC is somewhat better for some reason (better anti-aliasing?). I'm surprised, actually, at the amount of jaggies I see on the Wii in Wii Sports and Zelda. It is almost, *gasp*, PS2-like.

[quote name='io']Well, in general, component makes jaggies much worse, since you are seeing more of the actual output from the console, whereas composite blurs the jaggies out somewhat.

A PS2 hooked up with component cables is a complete jag-fest ;). The GC is somewhat better for some reason (better anti-aliasing?). I'm surprised, actually, at the amount of jaggies I see on the Wii in Wii Sports and Zelda. It is almost, *gasp*, PS2-like.[/quote]
Yeah. If you have a good TV you can try messing with some of the settings to somewhat iron out the jaggies and retain most of the picture quality.

Either way, I still think component is a must for any HDTV owner.

It can come earlier, though the estimated delivery date is usually pretty accurate. I ordered the Xbox 360 vision pack from amazon with 2-day prime shipping on Black Friday and it shipped later that day via UPS. It had a delivery date of the following Thursday, which I thought was way too slow for 2-day ship, but sure enough it came on Monday afternoon. I guess it depends how close it gets to your hometown.

[quote name='exRounder']Is the date for the tracking number set in stone or can it come any earlier?[/quote]

[quote name='ISHCM']It can come earlier, though the estimated delivery date is usually pretty accurate. I ordered the Xbox 360 vision pack from amazon with 2-day prime shipping on Black Friday and it shipped later that day via UPS. It had a delivery date of the following Thursday, which I thought was way too slow for 2-day ship, but sure enough it came on Monday afternoon. I guess it depends how close it gets to your hometown.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my question.

[quote name='estat']The order that I placed on 11/29 for component cables shipped 12/4 and arrived 12/7 by standard shipping. I already started a new game in Zelda and made it to the Forest Temple (same place I was when I decided to stop playing and wait for component cables).

I'd like to add my sentiments to the fact that it makes a HUGE difference. It's still clearly not HD, but the textures and colors look much, much better. Unfortunately, there are still jaggies (on Link in particular), but overall it looks pretty great.

Also, I placed an order for a Nintendo Power subscription (my old one was from Dec '96 to Jan '04!) with Zelda players guide and soundtrack on 11/26. In the "Notes" section of my "Active Subscriptions," it says "This subscription comes with a FREE gift of a ZELDA:TP GUIDE & SOUNDTRACK CD which was shipped on November 30, 2006." However, it has not come yet..[/QUOTE]

I received my Zelda guide & CD yesterday! I ordered on the 28th and like the above poster, my shipped Nov 30th.
I didn't order the cable yet. Did anyone buy the REACT cables from Best Buy? Are they as good as the Nintendo ones? They are $10 cheaper after the GGC. Anyone know the quality?

Just got my cables yesterday. Only took 3 days since the order. I paid the $2 extra for 2 day delivery. System looks great now!

i don't know if this is sacrilege in the FIRST PARTY WII CABLES thread, but the react cables are now available at Best Buy for $24.99... i had no idea they were out yet, but i managed to snag a set

i think im gonna sell mine, the offical nintendo ones of anyone is interested. I got the react ones and see no need to have a 2nd pair of component cables. Might as well let someone else have a chance at clearer zelda.

Finally got mine in today, and I got a call this morning from a buddy that works at EB saying he was holding a wii for me. :D Now once finals are over I can jump into Zelda.

[quote name='V Man']I was just coming home from college life... and as i pull onto my street at 5:30 pm on a rainy afternoon in Northern California, I see a noticeably large brown truck rumbling towards me.... i park and as i check my doorstep, low and behold, the mighty NOA components appear in a long brown box....

which strategy guide to buy? Prima or Nintendo? I was thinking of heading over to BB and getting the Prima one for $15 with the GGC... suggestions?[/quote]

Prima ftw.

My order from 12/01 is finally marked shipped today. Tracking information actually says it was shipped on the 7th so should probably be here this week :bouncy:

I placed my order about five hours ago and my order status is already marked as shipped and I have a UPS tracking number. I would say they are in-stock and no longer backordered.

[quote name='allyourblood']finally came in today. i'm gonna hook it up in just a little while.

wiicomponent.jpg
[/quote]

Nice packaging -- I ordered these from NOA right before they ran out the first time, and mine just came in a plain plastic bag... Anybody else have that happen? :whistle2:k

[quote name='io']
I got the sexy retail box - as I'm sure most people are at this point. Which is simply more proof that after the initial small run that were sent in baggies they deflected the ones intended for store sales to NOA for sale directly by NOA.[/quote]

Well , that answers the question in my last post. Thanks for the info!

ah... my eyes feel much better now. Zelda looks much sharper and colors look a lot better too. i'm about 24 hours into it, so i think i've still got a ways to go. great game!

Mine have apparently been in transit from Redmond since last Thursday. I'm betting some truckstop prostitutes have been getting fucked left and right along the way...

C'mon cables!!! Scheduled for thursday... I'm not counting on an early delivery.

bread's done
Back