Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

what is starhawk? Any good?
It's a third person third person shooter with RTS elements from what I've read. It got pretty favorable reviews, so it must be at least decent. I haven't played it yet, so I'm not sure. It sounds like a lot of the draw is in it's multiplayer, so if the online community isn't there anymore it might not be as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the PS+ version (SP only) a few years ago and remember thinking it was decent, definitely worth $5. Never touched the MP so if thats still live I can only imagine its a bonus.

Saw a new CE guide at Five Below today - the one for Diablo 3 with the special bookmark. Picked it up for $5.
!!

Holy shit, I have been wondering if this or Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite guides would pop here soon. They all had Extras I'd like to add to my swag collection. I didn't see anything new at the store I went to yesterday?

Saw a new CE guide at Five Below today - the one for Diablo 3 with the special bookmark. Picked it up for $5.
5B didn't have this CE guide, but the Half Price Books about a mile away had them for $15. Imma watch them like a hawk.

Five Below, as the name suggests, is a store that sells items for $5 or less. From time to time they will carry video games for Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PS3 and strategy guides. Currently they are selling at my local store in Greensboro, NC GTA 5 and Diablo 3 Limited Edition strategy guides for $5 each. Previously have seen other items such as: Aliens:Colonial Marines (PS3), Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extended (PS3), Minecraft: Essential Handbooks, BeyBlade: Evolution (DS), Beyblade: Metal Fustion Battle Fortress (Wii), and Starhawk. All again for $5 or less.

http://www.fivebelow.com/

This again? Thanks for the post OP. Haven't really seen anything good lately last time I got some strategy guides. Didn't think they still sold them. 

I was at Five Below in Brentwood, MO today and noticed they had about 20 copies of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance AND BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, both for PS3 and both $5 apiece.

(Both are good games and considerably higher in quality than the usual Five Below bargains!)

I checked their website, and sure enough, it's a featured deal! (KIllzone 3 is also listed, but I didn't see any copies at that store. It's also well worth the fiver.)

LINKS: http://www.fivebelow.com/toys-and-games/puzzles-games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-ps3-game.html and http://www.fivebelow.com/toys-and-games/puzzles-games/video-games.html

SIDE NOTE: Five Below is also carrying Disney Infinity 1.0 repackaged characters for $5 (I saw Capt. Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible) and the 3DS Disney Infinity Starter kit for $5. 

The one I went to also has Tetris Ultimate for the 3DS and some 3DS game called Poptropica.
I have been on the lookout for Tetris Ultimate for months now, ever since it was first reported at Five Below. Maybe they finally decided to distribute across all stores now, instead of a select few. I did get MGRR and Blazblue about 3 months ago though.

I was at Five Below in Brentwood, MO today and noticed they had about 20 copies of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance AND BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, both for PS3 and both $5 apiece.

(Both are good games and considerably higher in quality than the usual Five Below bargains!)

I checked their website, and sure enough, it's a featured deal! (KIllzone 3 is also listed, but I didn't see any copies at that store. It's also well worth the fiver.)

LINKS: http://www.fivebelow.com/toys-and-games/puzzles-games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-ps3-game.html and http://www.fivebelow.com/toys-and-games/puzzles-games/video-games.html

SIDE NOTE: Five Below is also carrying Disney Infinity 1.0 repackaged characters for $5 (I saw Capt. Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible) and the 3DS Disney Infinity Starter kit for $5.
love to find the starter kit.. Went out yesterday all they had was Battleship and crosswords for the 3ds

I have been on the lookout for Tetris Ultimate for months now, ever since it was first reported at Five Below. Maybe they finally decided to distribute across all stores now, instead of a select few. I did get MGRR and Blazblue about 3 months ago though.
I think Tetris Ultimate Is also one of the games advertised in their Black Friday Ad. This was the first time I came across it at my nearest store.

I just came back from the Willow Grove, PA store.  They have a bunch of Disney Infinity 1.0 for 3DS.

NOTE:  It comes with the 3DS game, the Infinity Base, Power Disc, Play Set Piece, and Web Code Card...

BUT it does not come with any characters.  Although 1.0 characters are usually pretty cheap these days, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="soonersfan60" post="13063838" timestamp="1448640140"]They had no PS3 games in Columbus, Ohio. :( Was Metal Gear Rising Revengeance also available for PS3 somewhere, or only for Xbox?[/quote]
For both at my store, but YMMV at any other store. Their inventory is the Wild Wild West.

They had no PS3 games in Columbus, Ohio. :( Was Metal Gear Rising Revengeance also available for PS3 somewhere, or only for Xbox?
They had them for PS3 at Joliet, IL fairly recently. I haven't seen anything new for ages though. And they've been sitting on the same stack of Heart of the Swarm guides for months.

I'm in Houston TX, the first time I ever went to the one by my house the only PS3 game they had was Starhawk, like 40 copies. I went like 2 weeks later and they were down to about 15 but they also had like 20 copies of MGS:R

I know they don't take trade ins... I meant for us to trade with each other since all stores don't have the same game selection. (I would be happy to try and pick up a game for someone in exchange for PS3 Metal Gear, for example.)

Stopped by the Joliet/Plainfield IL store last night.  No Xbox 360 games on the shelf but PS3 has 12 copies of MGR: Revengance, 10 copies of Starhawk and two copies of Blazblue.  Plus some DS, Wii & Wii U games that I didn't take stock of.

They also got in a stack of GTA V soft cover guides, notable only because they hadn't gotten any guides in since the HotS hardbacks a few months ago.

Anything new?  My local 5Below stores only have the 3DS Disney Infinity, a few 1.0 figures (Mister Incredible, Jack Sparrow, Sully), one of those generic Wii "extreme hunt! ZOMG A BEAR!" games, and some Skylander's swap force figs.

Stopped by the Joliet/Plainfield IL store last night. No Xbox 360 games on the shelf but PS3 has 12 copies of MGR: Revengance, 10 copies of Starhawk and two copies of Blazblue. Plus some DS, Wii & Wii U games that I didn't take stock of.

They also got in a stack of GTA V soft cover guides, notable only because they hadn't gotten any guides in since the HotS hardbacks a few months ago.
The Joliet Location doesn't have much at all. lol

bread's done
Back