Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Picked up 8 different Lego Dimension Fun Packs.  I'm guessing I got all the ones available from 5 Below. 

I didn't see the Ninja Turtles 3DS double pack mentioned earlier.  People are buying the Modern Warfare 3 for the 360 as the wall of them is shrinking, unless the employees are storing them in the back now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 8 different Lego Dimension Fun Packs. I'm guessing I got all the ones available from 5 Below.

I didn't see the Ninja Turtles 3DS double pack mentioned earlier. People are buying the Modern Warfare 3 for the 360 as the wall of them is shrinking, unless the employees are storing them in the back now.
What's the 8th? There were only 7 in the OP and those same 7 in my store...

I can't figure out why the first two stores didn't have any Dimensions sets when I went. Maybe it was because I went before the sale went live, or maybe those two stores were smaller. The one I went to Saturday was slightly bigger and the wheelbarrow was right in front of the door. I picked up Cragger and Benny. I should've picked up Gimli for super-strength though. The Doctor pretty much covers Benny's skills. I'll pick some more up next week.

what is the 3DS Disney Infinity kits,

i love to find one with the game and 3 figures
It doesn't come with any figures. The box said it comes with the game, the portal, a power disc, and a character code.

What's the 8th? There were only 7 in the OP and those same 7 in my store...
The one I went to had

Gimli

Bad Cop

Benny

Cragger

Eris

Laval

Nya

Zane

Found 'Cut the Rope: Triple Treat' and 'Angry Birds: Star Wars' for 3DS today. Also, tons of X1 PES.

Are those Disney Infinity characters loose bagged ones? I'm trying to find Wreck It Ralph but don't want to buy the set... wondering if it's worth it for me to go take a look (in Columbus, Ohio).

Are those Disney Infinity characters loose bagged ones? I'm trying to find Wreck It Ralph but don't want to buy the set... wondering if it's worth it for me to go take a look (in Columbus, Ohio).
The only figures that they have at the Five Below near me are Sully,Jack Sparrow, and Mr.Incredible.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd probably buy Cut the Rope for a nice more casual puzzle break from other games.
Cut the Rope is awesome. This version has 3 different games it. Says 50+ hours of game play, but I wouldn't doubt if it's around 80 with all the content.

The only ones I've seen are Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, and Sully - All loose and bagged. That's about all they've had for DI for the past year.

Went by the local 5 Below... they had both Moshi Monster games (3DS), Poptropica (3DS), and I Spy Castle (Ds).  No Cut The Rope for me ...  or even Angry Birds SW... or games for other systems (though they did have some movies.   I feel like this was a positive because the first time I visited this store it was a very new a store and they didn't have any games or movies.  So maybe they'll get more stuff in later.

Nothing new at my 5 below. Cut the Rope (3ds), Angry Birds: Star Wars (3ds), and X1 PES; no other games at all.

store by me had tons of those horrible playmation figures, I guess this is more of a warning to anybody who doesnt know any better, but dont be fooled like I was because they look kinda cool, I grabbed an iron man from target on clearance for around 2 bucks and feel like I got ripped off, they are the cheapest, low quality junk, and I cant imagine paying full price or even 5 for these

They had 3 hardcover 'Guide' books...

Gears Of War: Judgment Collector's Edition Strategy Guide (Signature Series Guides) - I picked this one up...

Assassin's Creed?

Final Fantasy?

I figured out what happened to some of the better games from our 5 Below... people bought them then trade them in to Walmart because Walmart's used shelf at one of my stores is overflowing with many of these games marked up to around $13 each.  I wanted to grab a copy of cut the rope for $5... not $13.  Oh well.

I figured out what happened to some of the better games from our 5 Below... people bought them then trade them in to Walmart because Walmart's used shelf at one of my stores is overflowing with many of these games marked up to around $13 each. I wanted to grab a copy of cut the rope for $5... not $13. Oh well.
The only Cut the Rope game I see on Walmart's trade-in website brings $1.68, so I doubt people are flipping them.

Joliet/Plainfield IL store had hardcover guides in for:

Call of Duty Ghosts - Limited Edition
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Collector's Edition
Sims 4 w/ some DLC (PRIMA computer)

At least 6+ of each

I figured out what happened to some of the better games from our 5 Below... people bought them then trade them in to Walmart because Walmart's used shelf at one of my stores is overflowing with many of these games marked up to around $13 each. I wanted to grab a copy of cut the rope for $5... not $13. Oh well.
Nobody is flipping Five Below games.

Nobody is flipping Five Below games.
A decent flip is possible, but rare. A couple years ago there was a DS game (forget the title... Maybe by Atlus?) that was worth $16 at Best Buy. I remember flipping three to get Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) for cheap.

I might have to go and pick up some of those Dimensions kits, still waiting to find the game itself for a decent price though. Prototype 2 is BC on the XB1 isnt it? I have it for PS3 but ill pick it up for 360 if its BC

Mine are usually 2-3 weeks behind any post on here about a new game, but we do get the strat guides pretty timely.

Much as I love Sour Patch anything, 2 pounds?  I think that would kill a man.

I'm gonna be near a Five Below tomorrow.  I've never been to one.  Hoping for anything to make the stop worth it.

Should check out my local 5° when I'm on the west side of town again, spending time with Mom. She loves bargain stores like that. Wish it was possible to check to see what games are stocked on their website, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I went to the Bloomington, IL location.  Absolutely shit for games.  Two or three different 3DS games, total.  One was Wipeout.  One was Angry Birds.  Don't remember the other.

I didn't see any of the strategy guides others mentioned at Five Below locations.

bread's done
Back