Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Usually at the stores by me the games are on a wall, hanging up, way in the back right corner... Not near electronics, or dvds.  So yeah, definitely need to check the whole store, haha, but it's one of those stores worth going in now and then just to look around.

Ollies is my favorite "look around" store though.

Usually at the stores by me the games are on a wall, hanging up, way in the back right corner... Not near electronics, or dvds. So yeah, definitely need to check the whole store, haha, but it's one of those stores worth going in now and then just to look around.

Ollies is my favorite "look around" store though.
Speaking of Ollies do you ever find games there. I have only been once or twice and did not see anything.

The one I went to yesterday had them in a rack near the front of the store.  it's a new one so they might have a different layout.  Only saw Battleborn and Starhawk.  Did pick up a few Bob's Burgers magnets and a wiffle bat and ball so not a complete loss.

The one by me (Joliet/Plainfield IL) is awash in BL:The Pre-Sequel for both PS3 and 360.  Didn't see the 360 versions mentioned in the thread before.

Don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but saw today for the first time:

:3ds: Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!

:3ds: Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-Bit Land

So I'm checking out the ad I got yesterday.  It's advertising Guitar Hero Live (with guitar) for WiiU, 360, and PS3 on Thanksgiving day and black Friday.  Also lists Lego Dimensions Fun Packs 2 for $5 on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Five Below today and they had enormous stacks and stacks of Guitar Hero Live for Xbox 360 and Wii U. There was a handful of PS3 ones. If anyone wants those, I'm sure they're overstocked at all locations. I don't think they carry it for other systems.

Also saw Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon and Lego Chima for 3DS, as well as mass quantities of the other previously mentioned games they've had for months and months. How many copies of Battleborn do they have???

The only good thing I have found at any of these stores was candy lol.

I thought I might have found something good with the section of Baltimore Orioles shirts and stuff. Nothing in my size, so I picked up some candy and walked to best buy lol.

The only good thing I have found at any of these stores was candy lol.

I thought I might have found something good with the section of Baltimore Orioles shirts and stuff. Nothing in my size, so I picked up some candy and walked to best buy lol.
Yeah the only reason I ever go there anymore is for the unique candy and treats and shit they tend to have, or cheap portable chargers/USB cables for travel. Seems like the game sections at mine is always shit, the best finds I ever had were some CE strategy guides that ended up being worth like 3-4x on Amazon.

Five Below sucks for games, but it's a great place to catch up on older Marvel Legends figures. I picked up the 3 3/4" Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor two packs and a few of the Captain America 6" wave for $5 each there the other day.

I saw a stack of GH's at my store today - grabbed 2. Also saw Magic the Gathering board games so grabbed one of each there too.
Might have to stop by my local 5 Bellow. Is the Guitar Hero Live guitar controller compatible with older Guitar Hero games? Might give the entire series a second chance, especially when it's on the cheap.

It won't work with older games. This version of the guitar has 6 buttons, 3 on each row compared to 5 buttons across 1 row on the old games.

I bought the Wii U version 2 weeks ago (I wanted it for PS3 but both locations in my area were sold out). It has a learning curve with having to move to the different rows or push a button on 2 rows at the same time especially because I am used to the old setup but I think it's worth trying for $5.

This is Guitar Hero Live WITH the guitar, yes? I don't think they make a standalone game version...but just checking. Seems too cheap for the whole set! :p

This is Guitar Hero Live WITH the guitar, yes? I don't think they make a standalone game version...but just checking. Seems too cheap for the whole set! :p
Yes, with the guitar. 360, PS3, and Wii U versions only (based on their ads and what my local stores all have)

All the Guitar Hero Live sets seem to have been bought up.....for now.

Saw tons of Assassins Creed III (Wii U) on the shelves. Seems pretty random that they have so many of that game at all stores now.

Saw a few Skylanders Land Racing Packs, which were quite rare at one point, but now are suddenly everywhere.

Did they trash the Guitar Hero Live bundles or something? The stores around me all had a bunch for 360/PS3/Wii U and now that I feel like getting one, they’re ALL gone >_

Assasin’s Creed 3 for Wii U and the 360 and PS3 versions of Borderlands Presequel were all that I saw currently... I mean - other than the copies of Battle one still lying around...

I saw the battleborn PS4 at 5 below near me in 14221 along with Assassins Creed 3 for the Wii U for $5.  

I bought a signed copy of Jim Gaffigan's "Food: A Love Story" for $3.  That was neat

Never heard of this store & didn't realize there's one less than 6 miles from me. As soon as I get my car fixed & find a job, I'll have to check it out (if it's still there at that point).

Never heard of this store & didn't realize there's one less than 6 miles from me. As soon as I get my car fixed & find a job, I'll have to check it out (if it's still there at that point).
Rip dude, those are some good priorities and I hope they work out for you. Five Below is like Dollar Tree for millennials instead of old people. Lots of bright colors, headphones and t-shirts. Always high school girls in my way when I go there.

Rip dude, those are some good priorities and I hope they work out for you. Five Below is like Dollar Tree for millennials instead of old people. Lots of bright colors, headphones and t-shirts. Always high school girls in my way when I go there.
I never thought about it but this might be the most weirdly accurate description of five below I have ever read, at least in my experience.

Also.... I picked up Battleborn for $2.98 on clearance from Target months ago.  Still haven't opened and played it.  So don't go for $8 copies, wait for cheaper!

Well wishes much appreciated. Now that you mention it, it's very near a local High School, like within walking distance. Still sounds cool with the content they have. I have certainly shopped at Dollar Tree & Family Dollar, but no way i make special trips for games, because I've never seen games there at any other time. This place seems to stock them as a normal practice (which may be the case for those other stores now, but my mind is set on those), so that alone makes it worth checking out for me.

Found:

Wii U:
Assassins Creed III
Mass Effect 3:Special Edition

PS3:
Star Trek
Falling Skies: The Game
COD:Ghosts

And LEGO Chima 3DS

Also.... I picked up Battleborn for $2.98 on clearance from Target months ago. Still haven't opened and played it. So don't go for $8 copies, wait for cheaper!
You do know battleborne is an always online game, right? When the servers go down, that game you have there is less useful than a coaster.

You do know battleborne is an always online game, right? When the servers go down, that game you have there is less useful than a coaster.
That's why I traded it in this past weekend as part of a group during the +70% trade-in promo. I was looking at it realizing I would now not get to it any time soon and cut myself free...

Mass Effect 3 for WiiU at $5 seems to be a decent deal.  Especially now that WiiU games are drying up everywhere.

bread's done
Back