Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Stopped by the 5 Below near me. Still had Beast Quest for the PS4 and a new edition:

Surviving Mars for the X1.

I would have picked that up for the PS4 but no love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local 5-Below's only games this weekend were about 6-7 copies of Beast Quest for PS4 and about 15-20 for Xbox One.

Someone bought all the copies of Starfox from my local 5 Below and is selling them on Facebook for $10. Glad I got one first, but still. So lame. 

Local store has

Dead Space 2 for 360
Boarderlands pre-sequel ps3
Infinite Warfare xb1
StarFox Zero Wii U

Someone bought all the copies of Starfox from my local 5 Below and is selling them on Facebook for $10. Glad I got one first, but still. So lame.
Yeah, someone must have done that here as well. I have a feeling they are going to be sitting on those a good long while.

I already owned Starfox Zero from when it went on sale shortly after it came out and I still had GCU, but I did pick up an extra copy at Five Below. Sucks that someone bought them all up at your location to attempt to make a small profit. Star Fox Zero could potentially go down as one of the least valuable Nintendo games of all time.

Metroid Other M and Star Fox Zero are average games at best when compared to their predecessors. They’re still worth at least $5

Indeed. These are the same saps who I often see at used book stores who throw all the games into their carts, huddle in a corner and proceed to sit there scanning every game. Eventually, they'll put back almost every game they took.

Idiots. Even as a self-proclaimed bookworm/comic reading nerd growing up -- seriously, get a life.

The local five below has open a new “wing”. This new wing has items priced up to $10.00.

There was a wired PS4 controller and several LEGO dimensions sets in the new section. Looked like a knock off gaming keyboard too.

The local five below has open a new “wing”. This new wing has items priced up to $10.00.

There was a wired PS4 controller and several LEGO dimensions sets in the new section. Looked like a knock off gaming keyboard too.
Guess they can't be called Five Below anymore, can they?

I was out and about and saw a store now carrying NBA2K18 for PS4/XB1
Thank you! I was close to a Five Below when I saw your post -- they had multiple copies of both versions. Grabbed a PS4 copy.

I've been looking for a cheap, physical copy of NBA2K to upgrade from my copy of 2K14.

I’ve got NBA 2k19 listed in the Xbox digital trade forum if anyone wants newer & digital for the same great price!
Or Minecraft.

Shameless plug over.

Happened to see some on twitter were finding 3DS games, mainly:

• Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
  • Yo-Kai Watch
  • The Legend of Zelda Tri-force Heros 
Has anyone else come across this yet?

• Yo-Kai Watch
Awesome deals. I wouldn't be surprised if Bravely Second, Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Sushi Striker eventually appeared as well.

Any chance some of those $5 amiibos are still in stock at someone else’s store? All that’s at mine are the Animal Crossing ones, but I was hoping to find Ryu, Samus and/or some of the others that had been mentioned before. I’d heard unconfirmed reports of Mega Man and Falco also being randomly seen, but nothing like that is around me.

Any chance some of those $5 amiibos are still in stock at someone else’s store? All that’s at mine are the Animal Crossing ones, but I was hoping to find Ryu, Samus and/or some of the others that had been mentioned before. I’d heard unconfirmed reports of Mega Man and Falco also being randomly seen, but nothing like that is around me.

It's been almost a year since I've seen the Smash Bros Amiibos. My store has plenty of Animal Crossing ones. I bought an Isabelle one to use on Smash.

Ryu is the only one I had seen recently, but that was about 2 months ago.

What kind of Lego Dimensions are $10? I want to guess they're the level pack or story packs. I wouldn't mind a $10 wired PS4 controller. Might have to check my local 5 Below to see if they have that section.

• Yo-Kai Watch
Oooh! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for Animal Crossing. I spotted Yokai Watch a few days ago at one in a mall by me.

What kind of Lego Dimensions are $10? I want to guess they're the level pack or story packs. I wouldn't mind a $10 wired PS4 controller. Might have to check my local 5 Below to see if they have that section.
I didn’t pay that close attention to the contents. LD is not something that has interested me so I tend to not register the details.

I’d be interested to hear if other stores have expanded.

Oooh! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for Animal Crossing. I spotted Yokai Watch a few days ago at one in a mall by me.
Check your local Walmarts as well for Animal Crossing, seen several for $3.

Just checked a 5 Below near me and found Happy Home Designer, would be willing to trade for Tri-force heros (trying to get two more)

On Reddit I saw someone mention the Lego Dimensions items were PS3 and 360 Starter Packs.
Just started playing Lego Dimensions on PS3. I only had the PS4 version and got a PS3 disc from Gamestop. For $10, I'd probably buy one of each just to have the other versions of the Batmoblie and the boxes.

Just started playing Lego Dimensions on PS3. I only had the PS4 version and got a PS3 disc from Gamestop. For $10, I'd probably buy one of each just to have the other versions of the Batmoblie and the boxes.
Didn't know they had different batmobiles..

Or do you mean like... the three different vehicles you can build with the included set? I only picked up the XB1 version to play with the stepson, didn't even consider the other consoles

Clifton, NJ Five Below only has Legend of Zelda Tri-Force Heroes.  About 20 copies.

Willowbrook Mall, NJ Five Below only has PS3 Starter Sets for Lego Dimensions. 3 copies.

Not sure how widespread stock goes at Bargain Hunt stores, but our local one just got a bunch of Lego Dimensions and Starlink starter packs for all three consoles.  Starting price is $12.

Yokai Watch is an insane value at $5.  I put in over 150 hours in that game.  Its very addicting to try and catch all the Yokai.

Store had a good amount of Animal Crossing, Destiny 2 and some random PS4 racing (I think) game I can't recall the name off.
Destiny 2 discs are going to become obsolete on Oct. 1. The base game will go F2P so you can play the game without a disc, so disc would only be necessary for someone that wants to play the game before then.

Didn't know they had different batmobiles..

Or do you mean like... the three different vehicles you can build with the included set? I only picked up the XB1 version to play with the stepson, didn't even consider the other consoles
The different vehicles/models. Yeah, you're right there is only one batmobile.

I was back in the neighborhood so I checked out the 5 Below again.

They had NBA 2K18, the Zelda game mentioned above, yokai watch, LD starter kit for the PS3 and 360, Guitar Hero Live for the WiiU.

Kind of off topic but Five Below related does anybody use their phone cases for the newer iPhone models? I’m picking up an XR and wanted something to use till the Otterboxes for that model get a little cheaper.

Thanks

A store that just opened in the last month of so only has Animal Crossing Amiibos and Surviving Mars (PS4/XBox One).

bread's done
Back