Flip Successes and Flip Flops

[quote name='kleptodathief']do u guys have that bbv min game tiv of 10bux per turds? sorry im a n00b here :)[/quote] I don't think BBV takes turds in trade.

[quote name='fazfznz']someone help me get into the flipping game. I'm ready to accept the all the pro's and cons.

[PM me Please!][/quote]

No one's going to spoon feed you anything. Buy low, sell high on eBay. That's the whole gist of this thing. This thread is already providing people with a shit load of flips so read through a couple of the pages and you should have a good foundation of what the hell you are doing.

[quote name='fazfznz']I'm still trying to find out what games are rare and what not, so i can make a profit[/quote] Sorry, but no one is going to tell you. You just have to learn on your own like everyone else did.

As others have said, it's not hard. No one can help you, short of buying the games for you, selling them, and then sending you the money. Look for cheap games and then find out if they are worth something. If they are worth a considerable amount more than the asking price of the place you saw them at, buy them and sell them. Not that hard.

Haha oh man. The Playstation Network adaptors... I sold my PS2 with a network adaptor to a friend for $40. Shitsucks. But now that I know I can ask for it back/ get more.

Awesome.

I'm new to this part of CAG. Seems right up my alley.

Anyone want to fill me in on the last few good deals that may still be active? I'll of course be reading the thread but a short list of current things to look out for would be pretty awesome.

Also, do GS employees get fired for buying games and stuff? Seems kind of wrong...

Thanks!

3 noobs in 1 day is that a record? Another reason why nobody will jump right in to help is that most of you have no indication on where you live...people are reluctant to help if your in their area.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']3 noobs in 1 day is that a record? Another reason why nobody will jump right in to help is that most of you have no indication on where you live...people are reluctant to help if your in their area.[/QUOTE]

Well you just gotta hope one day they figure it out and find the most epic flip and post it..... just gotta stay positive.... all in all it seems like many of the flips are drying up or just not selling for as much.....

sounds like that economy... lol

cheers
bug_nuts

[quote name='fazfznz']i'm sure someone will help me through the process ;) but i'll have to do majority of the work.[/quote]

[quote name='fazfznz']I'm still trying to find out what games are rare and what not, so i can make a profit[/quote]

There, now your post guides you through the process of flipping, but still lets you do the majority of the work.

[quote name='bug_nuts']Well you just gotta hope one day they figure it out and find the most epic flip and post it..... just gotta stay positive.... all in all it seems like many of the flips are drying up or just not selling for as much.....

sounds like that economy... lol

cheers
bug_nuts[/quote]

Not quite epic but could double or triple your money easily.

Another good craigslist bundle I typically find is searching for "Leapster". Alot of parents will sell the kids bundle for $30-$60 which probably includes the unit ($7-25 depending on color, pink high in demand), games ($10-$16 even if loose, Junie B fetches $35-$45 on ebay loose, more complete) and you might get lucky and get the battery charger ($25-$35). What I normally do is strip the leapster of all its goodies, like the blue screen protector for the rectangular unit (which sells for $15-$17 on its own)and sell piece by piece.

Does anyone here flip movies? I've had better luck with movies lately, plus I always have something interesting to watch.

Movies are notoriously hard to flip, because of the general market saturation. Your best bet for movie flips are to hit up pawn shops for newer blu-ray movies... that's where I've had the best luck...

BlockBuster has been running alot of clearance sales lately. Yesterday, I picked up:

Freaks & Geeks Complete Series and Undeclared The Complete Sereis on their 2 for $20 deal. I also got Paprika, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, & The Corporation for $4 each and Season 2 of OZ for $2. They had another copy of both Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared that I could have picked up.

I haven't flipped dvd movies for a long time (i do collect though) but now i think it would be even harder to do it because

1. DVD's are outdated now that blu-ray is out
2. alot of pawn shops and trade in places will only give you 1 or 2 dollars a piece

The best potential movie flip I ever saw was when GameStop was doing the B2G4 on used DVDs. If you could find enough boxsets or newer Blu-rays, I guess you could have made out pretty well.

Thack, I picked up those some of those same DVDs. I grabbed Oz S. 1 & 2 (I think 3.99 on season 1), Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared and The Shield S1 (was 1.99 for that).

I did do quite a bit of Flipping of DVDs and traded many blu-rays when Gamestop had that 70% off (80% with edge). I wish we could find another store doing that on a large scale :p

[quote name='neiname']Not quite epic but could double or triple your money easily.

Another good craigslist bundle I typically find is searching for "Leapster". Alot of parents will sell the kids bundle for $30-$60 which probably includes the unit ($7-25 depending on color, pink high in demand), games ($10-$16 even if loose, Junie B fetches $35-$45 on ebay loose, more complete) and you might get lucky and get the battery charger ($25-$35). What I normally do is strip the leapster of all its goodies, like the blue screen protector for the rectangular unit (which sells for $15-$17 on its own)and sell piece by piece.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize those were in such high demand. Searched my craiglist and found a guy selling 3 of the portable consoles (2 with the screen protector) and 4 games (including Junie B) for $100. I might hit him up and see i had them and buy one of the consoles and Junie B for $40.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Didn't realize those were in such high demand. Searched my craiglist and found a guy selling 3 of the portable consoles (2 with the screen protector) and 4 games (including Junie B) for $100. I might hit him up and see i had them and buy one of the consoles and Junie B for $40.[/quote]

Saw that cl ad, STAY AWAY FROM THE OLD TRIANGLE SHAPE LEAPSTER, you are much better offer with the pink one he has for sale. He's asking $40 for a console and game so would probably do $25-30 or include another game if you asked. Here is a link to what you should be looking for: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330298883387 a rectangular leapster (not old triangle one) with games and other accessories. The case is a nice addition as you can sell for $8-15 and makes a good holder when you ship.

[quote name='omg itz adam']why criterion?[/quote]

They hold their value extremely well as there are always people looking to complete or augment their collection (it's all about the spine numbers). Some are OOP and worth more but most will sell between $10 and $25 each used, type "criterion dvd" in ebay completed listings.

Another flip is when I can get season sets on the cheap, anything like the simpsons, lost, arrested development, family guy, etc. When I say cheap I mean less than $5 a season.

[quote name='omg itz adam']why criterion?[/quote]

Criterion collection DVDs typically have very limited print-runs, and thus, become highly desirable. If I remember correctly the Criterion collection version of "This is Spinal Tap" routinely sells for $50+

i have alot of out of print vhs tapes, not common movies either. Thrift store is a great place to find out of print dvd's and tapes

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']i have alot of out of print vhs tapes, not common movies either. Thrift store is a great place to find out of print dvd's and tapes[/quote]

Never could wrap my arms around oop VHS in terms of what is valuable and worth selling.

Yeah, I wouldn't even begin to delve into VHS selling (or even DVDs, really) but that does bring to mind a nice, though completely unintentional, flip success I had several years back (which I'll summarize now since this thread was originally about reporting past successes and failures and not really about finding new ones ;)). Back in the 90's when Ren & Stimpy was a big deal I had a few VHS copies of various episode collections. I have no idea how much I paid for them - $10-$15 I'd imagine. I bought one to send to my father but I never got around to it and he really wasn't that into it anyway. I found it one day (this was late 1999 I believe) still sealed and figured I'd take a chance on eBay. Much to my surprise it shot up over $50! Of course this was back when fees were minimal (3%-5% at the most) and buyers paid mostly with money orders (so no PayPal fees either). I still have my own opened copy of it. Maybe I should look into what that gets now.

bought re 5 ce ps3 from the web. the action figurine and the one of the flaps that holds the game manual was broken so i wrote an email. a few more emails exchanged and then next thing i know, they send me a email with a tracking number. i go home and a second copy was at my door. sold to a friend for what i paid for it. not really an official flip but damn i was lucky and this interesting deal was sweet!

[quote name='io'] fees were minimal (3%-5% at the most) and buyers paid mostly with money orders (so no PayPal fees either)[/quote]

Those were the times of (nearly) straight profit..too bad I was in middle school back then :( blah

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Those were the times of (nearly) straight profit..too bad I was in middle school back then :( blah[/quote]

That's no excuse. I've been selling on eBay since April 1999 and I was in fifth grade then. I remember selling a first edition Charizard Pokemon card on there for $375.00. That's what got me into the wonderful world of eBay selling. Ten years later and I'm still doing it.

Wow. I just realized I've been on eBay for 10 years now. That's crazy.

I miss the 3.25% fees and lenient feedback system so much.

[quote name='io']It will be 11 years for me this Sept. But I started when I was in my late 20's... :cry:[/quote]

Wow, I've had my eBay account almost as long as you have. I hit 11 years this coming Nov. I've only used it in spurts though since I've only gotten 112 feedback in that time.

[quote name='Doomstink']That's no excuse. I've been selling on eBay since April 1999 and I was in fifth grade then. I remember selling a first edition Charizard Pokemon card on there for $375.00. That's what got me into the wonderful world of eBay selling. Ten years later and I'm still doing it.

Wow. I just realized I've been on eBay for 10 years now. That's crazy.

I miss the 3.25% fees and lenient feedback system so much.[/quote]

I was in 6th grade and I actually thought about selling pokemon cards...but my parents thought ebay was a scam. :roll:

I've only started up with ebay 5-7 months ago (not a big time seller, just occasionally) and I'm almost up to the blue star. :) I am however starting to get pissed at buyers who don't leave any feedback, I mean how hard is it to click two buttons?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I was in 6th grade and I actually thought about selling pokemon cards...but my parents thought ebay was a scam. :roll:

I've only started up with ebay 5-7 months ago (not a big time seller, just occasionally) and I'm almost up to the blue star. :) I am however starting to get pissed at buyers who don't leave any feedback, I mean how hard is it to click two buttons?[/quote]

I've started inlcuding strips of paper in the package thanking them for their purchase, hope everything was 5 star, let me know if any problems, striving for 5 star yada yada and that seems to have helped. I periodically send out messages that I see their item has arrived (as I send everything out with DC directly with paypal ($0.18 for DC), which if you are not using it is the absolutely easiest way to ship on ebay) and ask if they leave feedback. Some people just don't care so I give up after one or two tries. Also I always use to hold back leaving feedback back when you could neg buyers for obvious reasons but now I just leave it after they pay.

On a side note, if you're interested in doing a social group I think I can contribute some pretty nice flips that are not related to gaming.

I am so annoyed by the seller spam concerning "5 star". I get notes with my packages, repeated emails, ebay messages, etc. As a previous power seller, I understand how frustrating it is when buyer don't leave feedback, but this is ridiculous.

[quote name='Zing']I am so annoyed by the seller spam concerning "5 star". I get notes with my packages, repeated emails, ebay messages, etc. As a previous power seller, I understand how frustrating it is when buyer don't leave feedback, but this is ridiculous.[/quote]

If you're not currently selling on eBay perhaps you don't understand how much reliance eBay has put on those god damn stars.

If any of your ratings fall below a 4.6 (which is hilariously easy due to the unbalanced weighting of low versus high ratings) you're listings drop from the new "best match" search, your powerseller fees fall dramatically (from 20% - 5%) and you can lose your powerseller status as a whole.

eBay does not explain to buyers that four stars is as bad as giving a seller a negative feedback. To the average user four stars seems good -- its not. As a seller, I have to spam buyers with pleas for five stars just to get this point across. Also, buyers will leave less than five stars without contacting me, I want to make sure that they contact me with any complaints before leaving feedback. It pisses me off so much when a buyer leaves me feedback without contacting me (and gives me a low communication rating to boot).

Short story - majority of customers on eBay have no idea how important those stars are to sellers. To some of them they mean the difference between 1000s of dollars of additional revenue.

Don't get annoyed by the sellers for spamming their five star pleas at you, get annoyed with eBay for placing such a huge reliance on them.

On another note, if someone sets up another flip group that isn't so closed (doesn't look like I'll stand a chance to get into the current one, despite having a legitimate new flip). Please let me know and I will gladly reveal my flip in there. I'm a bit weary about sharing it through messages because I don't want it to accidentally leak out to this thread (and to the lurkers).

Wow, I had no idea RE2 spiked up to $40+ on practically all versions. I've got three copies of the PSX version just sitting in my closet (yard sale finds I had set aside for trading or possibly selling at a con for $15).

And I hadn't checked this thread in a while...I'm really glad I did! This really changed from a story-swapping thread to a more consummate "where to get the most for X" for flipping.

On that note -- I have a brand new DDR Mario Mix. The outer seal is broken, but the game and mat are both sealed. I haven't had much luck on eBay (BIN/BO at $179 and later $149)...should I just hold on to it at this point, or drop the price?

I've been with holding 2 flips as well, but apparently being a member of CAG for 2.5 years with hundreds of posts, and posting a few flips in this thread wasn't enough for an invite to the cool kids club.

I'll make a new group, as it doesn't look hard to set one up if people are interested. PM me.

Side note, a store showed up as having a Network adapter and I stopped by on my way to class this morning...low and behold they had 3...im guessing someone gave up their ps2 modding business.

[quote name='Doomstink']If you're not currently selling on eBay perhaps you don't understand how much reliance eBay has put on those god damn stars.

If any of your ratings fall below a 4.6 (which is hilariously easy due to the unbalanced weighting of low versus high ratings) you're listings drop from the new "best match" search, your powerseller fees fall dramatically (from 20% - 5%) and you can lose your powerseller status as a whole.

eBay does not explain to buyers that four stars is as bad as giving a seller a negative feedback. To the average user four stars seems good -- its not. As a seller, I have to spam buyers with pleas for five stars just to get this point across. Also, buyers will leave less than five stars without contacting me, I want to make sure that they contact me with any complaints before leaving feedback. It pisses me off so much when a buyer leaves me feedback without contacting me (and gives me a low communication rating to boot).

Short story - majority of customers on eBay have no idea how important those stars are to sellers. To some of them they mean the difference between 1000s of dollars of additional revenue.

Don't get annoyed by the sellers for spamming their five star pleas at you, get annoyed with eBay for placing such a huge reliance on them.[/quote]

On leapster stuff I sell I normally just do free shipping to make sure I at least get the 5 stars there. Only costs $1 to send out. Also, when I print postage via paypal I never list how much I actually pay.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I've been with holding 2 flips as well, but apparently being a member of CAG for 2.5 years with hundreds of posts, and posting a few flips in this thread wasn't enough for an invite to the cool kids club.

I'll make a new group, as it doesn't look hard to set one up if people are interested. PM me.

Side note, a store showed up as having a Network adapter and I stopped by on my way to class this morning...low and behold they had 3...im guessing someone gave up their ps2 modding business.[/quote]

I picked up an adapter today that was put on hold for me. The woman couldn't find it and I spotted a few on the back of the ps2's they had on display, like 3 or 4 of them. She was nice enough to let me unscrew one but would not sell me the rest.

[quote name='neiname']I picked up an adapter today that was put on hold for me. The woman couldn't find it and I spotted a few on the back of the ps2's they had on display, like 3 or 4 of them. She was nice enough to let me unscrew one but would not sell me the rest.[/quote]

She is probably trying to unload them with the ps2 bundles, and just testing them. I showed up to a store that said they had one online (another store said it had 4-6) and they actually had 7. That was a good day :)

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Wow, I had no idea RE2 spiked up to $40+ on practically all versions. I've got three copies of the PSX version just sitting in my closet (yard sale finds I had set aside for trading or possibly selling at a con for $15).

And I hadn't checked this thread in a while...I'm really glad I did! This really changed from a story-swapping thread to a more consummate "where to get the most for X" for flipping.

On that note -- I have a brand new DDR Mario Mix. The outer seal is broken, but the game and mat are both sealed. I haven't had much luck on eBay (BIN/BO at $179 and later $149)...should I just hold on to it at this point, or drop the price?[/QUOTE]

If you sell on Amazon, try listing your DDR Mario Mix there. There are currently only 7 new ones listed there with the cheapest being $175. Put yours around that price or a little below and it will probably sell eventually.

bread's done
Back