Flyers April 30th-May 6th

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Future Shop

Mass Effect 2 - $49.99
Bioshock 2 - $39.99
Halo 3 ODST - $39.99
Buy 2 of the above and save an additional $10
$45 trade in value for Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii
XBOX Live 12 Months Gold - $39.99

Best Buy

12 Months Live $39.99 (you'll want to do a in-store pick up)
Halo ODST $39.99 (Reach beta starts Monday!)
2 for $40 PS3 games: Uncharted, GT5:p, LBP, inFamous, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, GOW Collection
Logitech wheel DF GT $119.99 Save $50
PS3 controller reg. $54.99 save $10 when purchased with any PS3 game
360 Elite spring bundle $298.99
EA Active $49.99
EA active More workouts $29.99 Save $15
Ubi Softs Your Shape $49.99
biggest loser $29.99
DSi XL with Brain Age 2 $199.99

Trade in deals select game $45 TIV. shows: FFXIII, GOW III, MW2 PS3, Bioshock 2 360, Super Mario Bros. Wii. details www.bestbuy.ca/tradeingames for list

Blu Rays:
Saving Private Ryan $27.99
Doctor Zhivago $29.99

Shoppers Drug Mart

20% off selected Nintendo accessories. No detail yet and their flyer starts Saturday not Friday.

Walmart

Super Street Fighter 4, $44.83
Halo OSDT, $48.83
Dead to Rights: Retribution, $59.83

Maxi & Cie / RCSS QC flyer

Nintendo DSi with Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story $179.99
Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports, Remote and Nunchuk $209.99

Toys R Us

25% off $19.99 games (all systems)
$14.97: Brain Age, etc.
Free Price is Right game with purchase of DS/DSi (not XL)
$10 GC with PSP 3000 Core
Hannah Montana PSP $129.97
Halo 3 ODST $49.99 (looks like a universal price drop)

Zellers

DS Lite with both Brain Age 2 and Big Brain Academy $149.99 Save $40

Also this Saturday is free comic book day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us

25% off $19.99 games (all systems)
$14.97: Brain Age, etc.
Free Price is Right game with purchase of DS/DSi (not XL)
$10 GC with PSP 3000 Core
Hannah Montana PSP $129.97
Halo 3 ODST $49.99 (looks like a universal price drop)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']
Halo 3 ODST $49.99 (looks like a universal price drop)[/QUOTE]

It's part of a new XBOX bundle. I grabbed it and Forza 3 brand new from ebay for $25 in total. I assume people are still selling the bundled games without the system.

Shoppers Drug Mart

20% off selected Nintendo accessories

Walmart

Super Street Fighter 4, $44.83
Halo OSDT, $48.83
Dead to Rights: Retribution, $59.83

Nothing fascinating...

Shouldn't new game prices be on par with the USD now that our dollars are close to parity? I'm looking for a $39.99 SSF4 instead of $44.99.

Unless I'm understanding economics incorrectly, there's no reason why there should be parity. The US has a much, much larger economic base, and thus can afford to price items cheaper; buy in bulk, and you save money. Why would Canada get the same bulk discount as the USA when the USA's population is 10x that of Canada? Additionally, the operating costs might be more expensive in Canada than they are in the States, which could also account for a lack in parity. If paying $44.99 + tax is no good, get it from Amazon.com (where it's $36.99) and have Goomba send it to you. There's your parity!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Unless I'm understanding economics incorrectly, there's no reason why there should be parity. The US has a much, much larger economic base, and thus can afford to price items cheaper; buy in bulk, and you save money. Why would Canada get the same bulk discount as the USA when the USA's population is 10x that of Canada? Additionally, the operating costs might be more expensive in Canada than they are in the States, which could also account for a lack in parity. If paying $44.99 + tax is no good, get it from Amazon.com (where it's $36.99) and have Goomba send it to you. There's your parity![/QUOTE]
Just to play devils advocate, most of the big box stores are American anyway. Hence they should still have a lot of pull with bulk discounts.

Not much for Maxi & Cie / RCSS
(Note this is the QC flyer just in case...)

Nintendo DSi with Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story $179.99
Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports, Remote and Nunchuk $209.99

That is sadly all...

[quote name='solendad']Shoppers Drug Mart

20% off selected Nintendo accessories[/QUOTE]
Does it say which accessories? Or how about points cards? I don't think any Shoppers near me sell video games, let alone peripherals.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Just to play devils advocate, most of the big box stores are American anyway. Hence they should still have a lot of pull with bulk discounts.[/QUOTE]

This is true, which I was thinking as well, which leads me to believe that the operating costs could be higher in Canada, or there's some ancillary cost with doing business in Canada that prevents price parity. It's strange how some copies adhere to parity (Sony 1st-party games, for example) and others don't.

RFD is reporting 2/$40 PS3 greatest hits games at BestBuy starting Friday. Crap, I want GoW collection, but that's it... Any local CAG want something else from th GH collection? As close to Woodbridge as possible please.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Just to play devils advocate, most of the big box stores are American anyway. Hence they should still have a lot of pull with bulk discounts.[/QUOTE]

Most of those big box stores have their big main warehouses in Ontario or maybe by chance in BC. From there, they have to get trucked or flown a couple times a week to other provinces.

Transportation costs take a huge chunk out of the price for Canadian goods.

[quote name='Mr.']Does it say which accessories? Or how about points cards? I don't think any Shoppers near me sell video games, let alone peripherals.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it doesn't say anything more than that. So, I have no idea what accessories are part of the selection.

[quote name='Mr.']Does it say which accessories? Or how about points cards? I don't think any Shoppers near me sell video games, let alone peripherals.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well - I'd be up for a 20% discount on Nintendo point cards, it's been a while since stocking up. Guess I'll have to swing by a store and check it out.

Thanks to solendad for adding this!

Most Canadian games have french manuals though, meaning they have to be shipped separately and go through a mildly altered manufacturing process.

[quote name='game_fanatic'] It's strange how some copies adhere to parity (Sony 1st-party games, for example) and others don't.[/QUOTE]

I think that has to do with the company's willingness to eat the extra cost. Sony can absorb the extra however many cents per unit without taking too big of a hit to their bottom line. End result, happier customers. Cost of doing business.

Besides, I bet they're making it up by gouging Europe. Have you seen what those people pay for video games? Madness.

It's a complicated and probably intricate process trying to determine Canadian retailer costs of importing items. Maybe it is more expensive due to smaller market, taxes, labour costs, etc. But we have Free Trade agreements with major trading partners like the U.S. and even in individual U.S. states the taxes and import costs probably vary.

I think what it boils down to is, Store A prices a game for $50.00, Store B across the street prices the same game for $60.00. We ask, "Why is the same game more expensive at Store B?" Store B has a right to price their product WHATEVER the hell they want, but common sense would dictate they set their prices competitively, right?

Now let's rename Store A = U.S. and Store B = Canada. It will be the pressure & the "bad optics" of cross-border shopping that will get Future Shop or other Canadian retailers to lower their prices back to parity. "Bad optics" takes time.....

It comes down to taxes people. We're taxed higher here. That and most stores will keep things priced as high as people are willing to pay for them.
Look at sportchek and adidas.com/ca websites for example. Their prices are WAAAAY out of whack vs. the US prices.
I highly doubt adidas has to "translate" their clothing like a game manual...

[quote name='janlazer']Dangit...I just bought LBP:GOTY at FS for $29.99 and now THIS deal at BB pops up..[/QUOTE]

You could try to get the deal if you pick up another game and it was withing 14 days that you purchased it (I think).

I'm doing an ISPU for LBP and GOW Collection, a friend wants LBP and I'll get GoW :)

From GAF

Future Shop
Mass Effect 2 - $49.99
Bioshock 2 - $39.99
Halo 3 ODST - $39.99
Buy 2 of the above and save an additional $10
$45 trade in value for Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii
XBOX Live 12 Months Gold - $39.99

For the xbox live 12 month cards is there expiry date which you need to activate the cards. ie. 10 months after purchase. Or it adds on to the total remaining months.

Future Shop

PlayStation 2 with free MLB 08: The Show - $99.99
DSi XL with Free Professor Layton - $199.99

UNADVERTISED: Trade 3 games, get Avatar & Lord of the Rings blu-ray. Same FS restrictions applies. $9, PS3/360/Wii only, no DS/PS2/PSP games.

Good to see Future Shop advertising PlayStation 2 systems. Giving away a free sports game that alot of stores still have lingering around is good too! Now I wonder how many PS2s will sell this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like I'm going into my overdraft this week to get the XBL Gold card. I hate that I have to as I'm trying to stick to a budget.

[quote name='retro.elite']For the xbox live 12 month cards is there expiry date which you need to activate the cards. ie. 10 months after purchase. Or it adds on to the total remaining months.[/QUOTE]

I haven't purchased a physical card in a long time, so I'm not sure if they expire or not, but the codes DO stack (i.e. if you bought Two 2-Year Cards and enter them both at once, you would get 2 years of Xbox Live Gold). So you might as well activate them as soon as possible, unless you plan on using them on a different account later on.

Everytime I see a 2/$40 PS3 GH sale, I wonder about GT5 Prolouge. But then I think about that GT5 maybe, just maybe might come out soon. Then I end up with no GT at all :(

Does teh 45 bucks trade in promo at BB only apply to those games? I ask because I want to trade in my PS3 copy of bioshock 2 and im sure lots of people want to trade in their 360 copy of mw2.

Anyone know for sure?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']You could try to get the deal if you pick up another game and it was withing 14 days that you purchased it (I think).

I'm doing an ISPU for LBP and GOW Collection, a friend wants LBP and I'll get GoW :)[/QUOTE]

Hm...I guess I should pay more attention to Futureshop's Price Protection policy....Hopefully I still have the bloody receipt somewhere. :| Thanks!

[quote name='thegamecubist']Everytime I see a 2/$40 PS3 GH sale, I wonder about GT5 Prolouge. But then I think about that GT5 maybe, just maybe might come out soon. Then I end up with no GT at all :([/QUOTE]

Hehe, same here.

[quote name='Kill Phil']I haven't purchased a physical card in a long time, so I'm not sure if they expire or not, but the codes DO stack (i.e. if you bought Two 2-Year Cards and enter them both at once, you would get 2 years of Xbox Live Gold). So you might as well activate them as soon as possible, unless you plan on using them on a different account later on.[/QUOTE]

Or you give them away as presents to friends / family...

[quote name='thegamecubist']Everytime I see a 2/$40 PS3 GH sale, I wonder about GT5 Prolouge. But then I think about that GT5 maybe, just maybe might come out soon. Then I end up with no GT at all :([/QUOTE]

I bought it and regretted it. Gladly traded it in after for a trade in 3. It felt like paying $20 for a beta. But this is from someone how's spent a lot of time with Forza 1-3. Isn't there a GT time trial still available on the PSN? Try that out and have a close look at the car list on the disc if there's any cars you really want to drive.

[quote name='Myv']Anyone know how low Nintendo Wii Motion Plus has been before? $24.99 seems overpriced :s[/QUOTE]
I've seen it for $19.99 on sale. Also seen it bundled with some games before as well. I think it comes with Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I've seen it for $19.99 on sale. Also seen it bundled with some games before as well. I think it comes with Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.[/QUOTE]

Hmm okay thanks :) Guess I'm going to have to wait for $19.99 sale or something, I was thinking of price matching with Amazon.ca at BB but it's possible they attach shipping fee on top of it since its below the $39 free shipping price :roll:

Oh just remembered I need to pick up a Classic Controller Pro, maybe they will let me price match it after all.... seems like online stock shows no White version of classic controller pro though :cry:

[quote name='Myv']Hmm okay thanks Guess I'm going to have to wait for $19.99 sale or something, I was thinking of price matching with Amazon.ca at BB but it's possible they attach shipping fee on top of it since its below the $39 free shipping price

Oh just remembered I need to pick up a Classic Controller Pro, maybe they will let me price match it after all.... seems like online stock shows no White version of classic controller pro though [/QUOTE]
I didn't realize the Classic Controller Pro was out yet. I hate the current one and do play a decent amount of WiiWare/VC games. Good to know!

Edit: Actually, I recall seeing some place having a 20% sale on Wii accessories this week. I'll go see if I can find where.
Edit II: Hmmm can't find it, maybe it was last week. Sorry.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I didn't realize the Classic Controller Pro was out yet. I hate the current one and do play a decent amount of WiiWare/VC games. Good to know!

Edit: Actually, I recall seeing some place having a 20% sale on Wii accessories this week. I'll go see if I can find where.
Edit II: Hmmm can't find it, maybe it was last week. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Ah yea you are right, I do remember something about accessory sale. Bah must have missed it.

One thing I wish they included with the CC Pro was the ability to play GC games, I've got WindWaker my only GC game, but to play it I need a GC Controller and Memory Card sigh.... :( I'd have to spend around $20? Just to play it -____-

[quote name='Myv']Guess I'm going to have to wait for $19.99 sale or something[/QUOTE]
Costco used to have it for $20 regular price. Haven't checked lately so not sure of the current price.

Got LittleBigPlanet and Killzone 2.
Almost gave up on LBP for inFamous because I couldn't find one without the ugly red box - until I found one (with normal box) hidden behind a bunch of games.

I hope these companies know their ugly Greatest Hits box do scare people away from their game. I am one of them.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']$45 for super mario bros wii, i'm doing that. I ended up not getting into this game at all, something about it turns me off, i loved the DS one.[/QUOTE]

Play with others. I know the game was designed for one player but it's really an entirely new game with friends. Plus Coin Battle is loads of fun.

Shopper's has 20% off Nintendo accessories but not sure if they carry the CCPro yet.

Is it clear what accessories the Shoppers sale applies to yet? I ask because from the flyer itself, it looks an awful lot like the accessories that are actually on sale are things like "DS 300-piece accessory sets," handlebars for your Wiimote and other such crud.

[quote name='miriamleo']
I hope these companies know their ugly Greatest Hits box do scare people away from their game. I am one of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are ugly but now that I have 2 already, I kinda want more so they seem normal on my shelf. PS3 games already have inconsistent labels.

bread's done
Back