Halo Reach $49.99
Forza 3 Ultimate $39.99
Force Unleashed II $49.99
EA Active $59.99

Walmart

Clearance Gaming Event Select titles $10 Wii, 360, PS3

By Lone_Prodigy From inocent on RFD

Future Shop

All trades from list (futureshop.ca/usedgames for list)

Xbox 360

Batman AA, Assassin's Creed 2 & Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 each
Wireless Controller - $39.99
Wireless Headset - $39.99
Wireless N Adapter - $79.99

PS3

PS3 with GT5, MGS4 and Batman AA for $299.99 Nice bundle
LBP2 - Trade 2 Get it for free
PS Move Games - Buy one get one free
PS3 Intec Wireless Racing Wheel (G7896) - $99.99 or Trade 3 get it for free

Dead Space 2 (with Dead Space Downfall Movie) $59.99 .. Trade 2 Get it for free (360/PS3)
Two Worlds (with Conan Movie) $59.99 .. Trade 2 Get it for free (360/PS3/PC)

DSi XL - Trade in your old NDS Lite and get DSi XL for $100. Must be good condition and include power charger and accessories.
(Excludes Vaughan, Winnipeg, Richmond Hill, Markham, Nanaimo, Kelowna)

Best Buy

All trades from list (Bestbuy.ca/tradeingames for list)

Xbox 360

Slim 4GB with Splinter Cell Conviction $199.99
Kinect Games Buy 2 Save $20
Wireless Controller $39.99
Wireless Headset $39.99
Wireless N Adapter $79.99
Tritton AX 180 Headset $59.99

PS3

LBP 2 $59.99- Trade 2 get it for free
PS Move Games - Buy 2 Save $20
DS3 Controller - Buy 2 Save $25
PS3 with GT5 for $299

Dead Space 2 $59.99 400 RWZ points Jan 25-27 .. Also Trade 2 Get it for free (360/PS3)
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle (PS3/Wii) $59.99

Wii $209.99 with $20 Giftcard

Pre-order 800 RWZ Points
MVC 3
Killzone 3
Bulletstorm
Pokemon White

Zellers - nothing

Staples - nothing

Toys R Us

from migo on RFD
LBP GOTY with purchase of 160GB PS3 $299.99

20% off all $19.99 video games (no mention if it's $19.99 or less, didn't see any for less anyway) Until Jan 27th

360 Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition $29.98

Xbox 360 Super Elite FFXIII edition $299.98

Xbox 360 Elite with Lego Batman and Pure $199.98 (very old system)

Wii Speak $19.98

Wii Monster Hunter Tri Bundle $49.99

Wii Classic Controller (non pro version) $19.98

50% off Nunchuk with Purchase of Wii Remote Plus

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for this thread to come around to mention that I saw Pokemon Black/White last week at Amazon.ca for $35 while everyone else had it for $40-45, but now Best Buy not only matched that price but added the $10 rewardzone, nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just registered finally, wanted to say Thanks Zelda :) Not only for this post but in general. Really appreciate this resource you put together every week.

Is there any word on what's actually going on sale at Wal-Mart? I'm hoping for something interesting, but it's probably a pipe dream.

[quote name='bumblebee064']Is there any word on what's actually going on sale at Wal-Mart? I'm hoping for something interesting, but it's probably a pipe dream.[/QUOTE]

well there was a $1 game promotion there so anything can happen. and i hope it is a good sale because i was quite disappointed by my walmart during the $1 sale

[quote name='Renderthal']well there was a $1 game promotion there so anything can happen. and i hope it is a good sale because i was quite disappointed by my walmart during the $1 sale[/QUOTE]

The $1 sale was brutal at my Wal-Mart too. I scored Nier PS3 and I consider myself very lucky. Anything else half decent was long gone by the time I got there. I'm hoping the $10 price point is high enough the people will only buy stuff that interests them. I want there to be good stuff, but the last time Wal-Mart did a "clearance" like this it was basically junk that was reduced everywhere else already.

I'm curious as to what they're dropping to $10 at Wal-Mart. There was a lot of stuff priced at $20 at the Highway 7/Edgeley store that I wouldn't mind picking up at that price.

Bayonetta, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, etc.

I want to know too. I actually went there in the morning, but I haven't noticed anything that's newly $10. Walmart's budget stands are still half empty from the $1 mania.

[quote name='bloodwings']I did the DS Lite trade-in at futureshop, thanks Zelda.[/QUOTE]
But 3DS is coming in a couple of months, there's bound to be price drops soon.

Did anyone get anything at the Wal-Mart sale? Got back from mine and was told they had been cleared out right away. I'm just wondering if I missed anything significant.

I picked up couple of 2800 points card from RCSS. Back in November RCSS had the 1400 points for 14.99. I hope these sales are normal occurrence, not that I spend the points like crazy.

[quote name='Mr.']But 3DS is coming in a couple of months, there's bound to be price drops soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that the XL will drop to $84.99 when the 3DS comes out. I'm also pretty impatient :) Why buy anything at all when the price of everything may drop some day. I don't mind giving up the Lite for an upgrade.

yeah i got a bunch of stuff. not cream of the crop mind you but some nice things imo. check the walmart $1 thread for my pics

Can anyone post the link to the list of qualifiers for the trade 2 LBP2 deal at FS? I know it was on futureshop.ca/usedgames but I can't find it now.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='bumblebee064']Can anyone post the link to the list of qualifiers for the trade 2 LBP2 deal at FS? I know it was on futureshop.ca/usedgames but I can't find it now.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't find it either. I need to know if Fallout 3 GotY still applies! It did last week, but I wanna trade it towards Dead Space this week.

[quote name='Griptor']Yeah, I can't find it either. I need to know if Fallout 3 GotY still applies! It did last week, but I wanna trade it towards Dead Space this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw before that Blur was on the list. It's a little sneaky, but I was hoping I could pick up Blur at the EB/GS deal of the day on Thurs and use that as one of the qualifiers. Maybe they're on to me.

[quote name='bumblebee064']Yeah, I saw before that Blur was on the list. It's a little sneaky, but I was hoping I could pick up Blur at the EB/GS deal of the day on Thurs and use that as one of the qualifiers. Maybe they're on to me.[/QUOTE]

Surprised Blur was on there...I traded in my copy of it last week for LBP2, in hopes of re-buying it for 5 bucks this week. Great game but I couldn't resist it being (technically) worth 30 bucks in trade-in.

Hope I can get it this week before it's sold out...I do have work so it's likely that it will be all out by the time I get there.

[quote name='Griptor']Surprised Blur was on there...I traded in my copy of it last week for LBP2, in hopes of re-buying it for 5 bucks this week. Great game but I couldn't resist it being (technically) worth 30 bucks in trade-in.

Hope I can get it this week before it's sold out...I do have work so it's likely that it will be all out by the time I get there.[/QUOTE]

I'm located in Ottawa as well. I have no problem picking up a copy for you. I just wish the sale was on the PS3 version as well, so I could have a copy to own. Anyway, let me know if that works for you, then we can arrange to meet up.

[quote name='bumblebee064']I'm located in Ottawa as well. I have no problem picking up a copy for you. I just wish the sale was on the PS3 version as well, so I could have a copy to own. Anyway, let me know if that works for you, then we can arrange to meet up.[/QUOTE]

That's nice of you. I'll let you know, I might be able to get into work a bit late to grab one :D

Would you mind if I waited until Thursday (I think that's when the Blur sale is) before lunchtime to send you a message about whether I got a copy?

[quote name='Griptor']That's nice of you. I'll let you know, I might be able to get into work a bit late to grab one :D

Would you mind if I waited until Thursday (I think that's when the Blur sale is) before lunchtime to send you a message about whether I got a copy?[/QUOTE]

Thursday before lunch is fine. Just PM me to let me know.

[quote name='Griptor']FYI, the list of applicable games for the "Trade 2 for" Dead Space 2 (and I guess Little Big Planet 2 as well?) is back up at Futureshop's site.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/used-games/27603.aspx

Blur still applies, and so does Fallout 3 GotY :D[/QUOTE]

I saw that, thanks. I may need to know if you need me to get you a copy of Blur a little earlier than lunch though. If I PM you my cell number, would you be able to text me?

Yup, absolutely. I'll know sometime in the morning (around whenever the Bayshore one opens) if I got a copy. If I do that I can also grab something for you if you can't make it!

bread's done
Back