Flyers March 12th-18th The 360 Arcades are $129 edition [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Yes, the arcades are on sale everywhere!

Future Shop

360 Arcade $129.99
60GB Live starter Kit (60GB HD, Head set, 3 months xbox live and a 6 foot HDMI Cable $99.99
360 120GB holiday bundle 09 with Lego Batman, Pure, Fable II, Prince of Persia and assassins creed $299.99
Wireless controller $47.99
Wireless headset $55.99

Assassin's Creed 2 360/PS3 $39.99

GOW III $59.99 Trade in 2 game deal Visit website for details
FFXIII $59.99 Trade in 2 game deal Visit website for details
inFamous $29.99
PSP 3000 Core System with GOW PSP $169.99

Best Buy

GOW III $59.99
Save $15 on the GOW collection ($29.99) when you purchase it with GOW III
Midnight opening first 100 people get a Kratos T-shirt. There will be 25 free T-Shirts minimum to other stores without midnight openings.
Trade in 2 for GOW III see website for details
inFamous $29.99
MAG $39.99
2 for $40 select PS3 Greatest Hits games: Resistance, Rachet, Uncharted, Motorstorm, GT5:p, and Warhawk
Yakuzza 3 $59.99
PSP 3000 Core $149.99 save $20
Final Fantasy Dissidia PSP $19.99 save $15

360 Arcade $129.99
60GB Live starter Kit with 60GB HD, Head Set, and 3 months xbox live $79.99
DSi $159.99 when you purchase Pokemon Gold/Silver DS

$5 gift card when pre-ordering Splinter Cell Conviction, Red Dead Redemption, Super Street Fighter IV.

RCSS Ontraio

360 Arcade $129.99
$10 off Pokemon DS games Platinum, Pearl, Diamond, Mysteries Dungeon Mysteries of the sky.
Save $20 when you purchase a DSi and Pokemon Gold/Silver DS

Walmart

360 Arcade $128
Xbox 360 family bundle games Banjo-Kazooie, Scene it?, You're in the movies $39

GOW III $59.83
GOW collection $29.83

Toys R Us

Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver with figurine (if you preorder), $39.99
Wii or DS games at $19.99 are now 25% off, $14.99
DSi with free pokemon stylus, $179.99
20% off DS and DSi accessories (does that include DSi point card?)
Xbox 360 Arcade, $129.99 (as if you guys don't know already)
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360 and PS3), $59.99
God of War 3 (PS3), $59.99
$10 off when you buy two select Xbox 360 accessories (wireless controller, wireless adaptor, live gold card and messenger kit) or PS3 accessories (wireless controller, blu-ray remote, bluetooth headset or hdmi/usb cable)

Nothing really amazing...

Oh and Sears has the Xbox 360 Arcarde also for the same price... Maybe they'll have some older versions for those who are looking around.

Zellers

Saturday and Sunday Only 120GB PS3 with the GOW Collection $309.98 Save $20
1 week only! Available March 13th! 360 arcade $129.99 Save $70

Staples

March 12th-19th 360 arcade $129.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong, but I have the feeling that one store started it and all the others followed so they wouldn't have people PMing the systems for even cheaper. Kinda like what happened with Batman AA and Borderlands.

My guess is that with GDC happening right now, they are trying to get rid of the old arcardes "no HDD" model before some new configuration comes out. 250gb elite standard? Some configuration with Natal included? Who knows, but a $130 backup Xbox 360 is a good deal... especailly if you have an older non-jasper / non-HDMI version at home waiting to RROD.

From RFD:

FS:
XBOX 360 Arcade ($129.99)
Infamous PS3 ($29.99)
Assassin's Creed 2 XB/PS3 ($39.99)
PSP 3000 Core System /w Free GoW: CoO ($169.99)

BB;
MAG PS3 ($39.99)
Infamous PS3 ($29.99)
PS3 Greatest Hits (2/$40)
PSP 3000 Core ($149.99)
Final Fantasy Dissidia PSP ($19.99)

RCSS:
$10 off various Pokemon DS games (Platinum/Pearl/Diamond/etc.)

WM:
XBOX 360 Arcade ($128)

Went to walmart here in ste-dorothee and they were already on sale.

I couldnt find one with a lot number low enough to not have the lite-on drive.

But yea, already on sale.

Good luck fellas!

[quote name='IceCreamTaco']I couldnt find one with a lot number low enough to not have the lite-on drive.
[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why would one not want a console with a lite-on drive? Is the other drive faster? Quieter?

[quote name='ass-assassin']In the ad it says save $15 on GOW Collection when you purchase GOW3. Since the price listed, $29.99 is the regular price now, does that mean you'll be able to pick up GOWC for $15?[/QUOTE]

plus the game LAUNCHED at $40, so 30 isnt saving 15 even if they were calling the 30 a new price

[quote name='ass-assassin']In the ad it says save $15 on GOW Collection when you purchase GOW3. Since the price listed, $29.99 is the regular price now, does that mean you'll be able to pick up GOWC for $15?[/QUOTE]

Answered my own question, according to RFD, GOWC will in fact be $15 with GOW3. What I am still unclear about is if this deal will only be during the Midnight launch, and if it will only be at those specific locations. Hopefully this week's flyer will clarify.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Out of curiosity, why would one not want a console with a lite-on drive? Is the other drive faster? Quieter?[/QUOTE]

Maybe so , but i want an older drive.
I dont know if i can discuss the "why" answer to that question here =P

Toys R Us
Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver with figurine (if you preorder), $39.99
Wii or DS games at $19.99 are now 25% off, $14.99
DSi with free pokemon stylus, $179.99
20% off DS and DSi accessories (does that include DSi point card?)
Xbox 360 Arcade, $129.99 (as if you guys don't know already)
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360 and PS3), $59.99
God of War 3 (PS3), $59.99
$10 off when you buy two select Xbox 360 accessories (wireless controller, wireless adaptor, live gold card and messenger kit) or PS3 accessories (wireless controller, blu-ray remote, bluetooth headset or hdmi/usb cable)

Nothing really amazing...

Oh and Sears has the Xbox 360 Arcarde also for the same price... Maybe they'll have some older versions for those who are looking around.

[quote name='icecreamtaco']maybe so , but i want an older drive.
I dont know if i can discuss the "why" answer to that question here =p[/quote]

yarrrrrrr!

[quote name='ass-assassin']What I am still unclear about is if this deal will only be during the Midnight launch, and if it will only be at those specific locations. Hopefully this week's flyer will clarify.[/QUOTE]

According to a reply by "BestByMck" on RFD, the deal is available everywhere. Just that those 7 stores will have a midnight launch.

Just to clear up any confusion, it is just 7 stores for the midnight launch (Coquitlam, BC and South Edmonton, AB are two different stores... that will be fixed ASAP).

Final list is:
Cambie Street, Vancouver
Coquitlam, BC
South Edmonton, AB
Deerfoot Meadows, Calgary
St. James Street, Winnipeg
Bay & Dundas, TO
Heartland, Mississauga

Those 7 stores will each have 100 of those T-shirts to giveaway as a gift-with-purchase. All other Best Buy stores will be open at their regular time the next morning and each of those stores will have 25 T-shirts to give away.

We couldn't do all stores because of tight timing and costs. And we can never do stores in the province of Quebec because of laws governing retail store operations.

The game looks very intense... so enjoy!

Are they doing similar 360 Arcade sales in the states? What with everyone and dog doing this deal, you'd think it was a permanent price drop or a clearance.

[quote name='miriamleo']Do I not see any Pokemon Silver/Gold deal anywhere? (expect RCSS selling OLD pokemon games for cheap)[/QUOTE]

The best deal is the trade-in one at EBgames. Trade one title 8$ TIV, or above and receive the game for $14.99. Or trade two and get it for 'free'.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Are they doing similar 360 Arcade sales in the states? What with everyone and dog doing this deal, you'd think it was a permanent price drop or a clearance.[/QUOTE]
From what I've seen, there are also several sales on the 360 Arcade (and a few other bundles). But, their's aren't discounted as much as ours. More like $150-160.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TKO236']So GOW Collection is $15 if bought with GOW III?[/QUOTE]

Yes. However, it could make GoW3 $45. Depending on if you get the t-shirt and what monetary value you place on it, you're value proposition could be even more diverse.

Truly amazing, what times we live in.

Aww I've been wanting to pick up GTA4 and Fallout 3 for PS3 for a long time and was waiting for a greatest hits 2 for $40 sale, and it finally comes but it's only select greatest hits I don't want :(

[quote name='WillGabriel']Are they doing similar 360 Arcade sales in the states? What with everyone and dog doing this deal, you'd think it was a permanent price drop or a clearance.[/QUOTE]

Hey! I found out about this site from you! :D

I don't think it's a perm drop. This is all speculation, but the flyer from Staples last week had the price drop advertised. Like someone else said, this is most likely all the competitors making sure they don't get left behind in the rush. I've got a friend in the states who asked me to send him one, since they're so much cheaper here, than down there.

Also, this may only be specific to one store, but Futureshop in downtown Edmonton is selling Refurb pro's for $99.99. Personally, I think the better option is Arcade+starter kit from Best Buy, but a $99 xbox is a pretty slick deal.

Ugh... I can't decide if I should pick one up or not. I mean it is probably the best chance to get a 360 on the cheap. But I have a big backlog on my ps3 and won't be getting a chance to play much on it for a bit anyways.
But still...$129. I did just sell my DJ hero though to make some money towards this though...

[quote name='strife18']Ugh... I can't decide if I should pick one up or not. I mean it is probably the best chance to get a 360 on the cheap. But I have a big backlog on my ps3 and won't be getting a chance to play much on it for a bit anyways.
But still...$129. I did just sell my DJ hero though to make some money towards this though...[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, it is such an awesome price and all. I have PS3 only, but really I don't think I can keep up with one console enough to be willing to spend money on a second brand, nevermind the peripherals, games, etc.
It's not really the money for me, just the time to play the couple of XBox exclusives I'd be interested in...

[quote name='Lockescythe']got lucky then flier says ds games only.[/QUOTE]

I had to have the clerk punch in the discount manually, and he didn't actually have the deal in his binder.. so it might be a big YMMV on the 'DS title only'. I'm not sure they look at the fine print too well in regards to anything outside of value and expiration date of the deal.

well i broke down and bought one from FS. I'm busy for the next 2 weeks so in that time I will keep it sealed and ponder my decision and whether I will stick with it or not. I was tempted with the $70 60gb starter pack, but figured if I was to get a hd with it i'll just make my own.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I feel the same way, it is such an awesome price and all. I have PS3 only, but really I don't think I can keep up with one console enough to be willing to spend money on a second brand, nevermind the peripherals, games, etc.
It's not really the money for me, just the time to play the couple of XBox exclusives I'd be interested in...[/QUOTE]

If I can say, I am in the exact same situation as you guys, but I still bought a 360 when it was 150 + 50$ HD. Looking back, it was kind of a waste of money. I haven't played much with it.

My 2 cents

It looks like the 60GB Starter pack is $79.99 WITH the purchase of the Xbox 360 unit. If you add the Starter Pack separately it comes to $109.99, but once you add the 360 it drops to $79.99.

So few questions,
Is EBGames selling 360 for 129.99 as well?
Also, which version of the 360 is better to get? Jasper, lite-on drive? Im confused.

Thx

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']20GB Refurb 360's are $100 at FS. Shows $200 online but they scan at $100 in-store. Source RFD.[/QUOTE]

What is the warranty on a refurbished 360? Do they offer the same three years that come with a new one?

[quote name='onemorechanc']What is the warranty on a refurbished 360? Do they offer the same three years that come with a new one?[/QUOTE]

I read on RFD that they do NOT come with a three-year RROD warranty, only a one-year manufacturer's warranty (Not sure the truth in that or not). Might be better off just getting an Arcade and snagging an HD from someone off CAG/RFD, at least that way you'll get a newer chipset revision and the 3-year RROD warranty.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So few questions,
Is EBGames selling 360 for 129.99 as well?
Also, which version of the 360 is better to get? Jasper, lite-on drive? Im confused.

Thx[/QUOTE]

Yes, and depends on whether you want to "alter" your console in any way.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I read on RFD that they do NOT come with a three-year RROD warranty, only a one-year manufacturer's warranty (Not sure the truth in that or not). Might be better off just getting an Arcade and snagging an HD from someone off CAG/RFD, at least that way you'll get a newer chipset revision and the 3-year RROD warranty.[/QUOTE]

Buy a refurb 360, trade that into EB for an Arcade. Total cost $100 + 20 = $120 for a new Arcade and 20GB HD.

Heh, RCSS has the $25 coupon on. So 360 Arcade +FF13 +Metroid collection = $250. -coupon -staff discount -kellogg coupon = $195 for the lot. I'm pleased :) Now I just need to get rid of my first gen 360 at EB for a new DS or something.

bread's done
Back