Flyers Oct. 16th-21st Oh Boy Edition [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Oh boy... please tell me Best Buy is using the Future Shop trade in values and FS hasn't lowered everything.

Best Buy

Limited Time Offer.
Trade in 3 get it free, trade in 4 get one more. Valid on PS3, Wii, and 360 games. Maximum free game value $69.99. Applies to titles with a minimum $9 trade value. Games must include boxes. No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded. Games must be in working condition. No dealers please. See in-store for details. Offer expires October 30, 2009. Offer not available in select stores. In calgary credit can only be used on video game products.
Everything in the flyer is regular price.

Future Shop

Trade in Deal. Trade in 3 get one free for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and FiFA 10. Minimum TIV $9.
Borderlands 360/PS3 in flyer at $69.99 but it's $39.96 on website.
NHL 10 360/PS3 $59.99
Tiger Woods 360/PS3 $59.99
Fight Night Round 4 360/PS3 $59.99
Elite 360 with Pure, Lego Batman and Prince of Persia $299.99
Halo Wars $39.99
Gears 2 $39.99
FIFA 10 360/PS3 $69.99 Wii $59.99

Walmart

Borderlands $39.96 Shows 360 version
Forza 3 $64.83 Release Oct. 27th (cheapest I've seen)
Harvest Moon DS Harvest moon cute 2 for $30 with a plush cow.

RCSS (Ontario)

Coupons:
Spend $250 get $25 gift card
Free Wii Motion Plus with the purchase of a Wii console.
Neilson 1L Milk .99 cents

Zellers

PS3 slim with Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Resistance 2 $319.98
Wii Fit Plus bundle $89.99 Save $10
Wii with Wii Sports resort $269.99 Save $10

off topic
TSC Store Daisy Buck BB gun $29.99 (Limited to existing inventory)
I have the Red Rider BB like this one. A BB gun and a package of Daisy self-adhesive airgun targets with the colour effect is a lot of fun.
Air guns are not toys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that BB deal is insane, but how many $9 games are there? But then again even if you spent $20 for each qualifying game you'd only spend $40 for each game.

Wow @ bestbuys deal. I just took a quick glance at tivs.ca and it seems that alot of games are $8.40 but it hasn't been updated since Aug 28. Hopefully these deals will encourage people to do some updating.

*Gift cards used at Best Buy locations in Calgary can only be used for
other gaming products

*Best Buy stores not currently part of the program include:
Nanaimo, BC
Winnipeg MB
St. Catharines, ON
Windsor, ON
Oakville, ON
Richmond Hill, ON
Markham, ON
Woodbridge, ON
Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON
YOURE OUT OF LUCK IF YOU LIVE THERE!

[quote name='gamer602']*Gift cards used at Best Buy locations in Calgary can only be used for
other gaming products

Nanaimo, BC
Winnipeg MB
St. Catharines, ON
Windsor, ON
Oakville, ON
Richmond Hill, ON
Markham, ON
Woodbridge, ON
Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON
YOURE OUT OF LUCK IF YOU LIVE THERE![/QUOTE]NOOOOOO WAAAAY. I'm in windsor. ;( ;(
Guess it's just borderlands than.

So the BB deal is if you trade 3, get one new release game free, trade in 4 games, get two new release games for free??

edit: took a glance at the RFD thread, seems to be the case! Awesome deal! If I can find some fodder at my local EB I might snag Fallout 3: GOTY Edition and LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Best Buy has been doing trade-ins for about 4-5 months here in Edmonton so the people actually know how to process everything in a pretty timely fashion. Do you guys know if only certain titles apply for the free games?

That Best Buy deal is unreal. I'll definitely pick up Brutal Legend, and maybe Fallout 3:GOTY. I really want the new Ratchet game, but that isn't released until the 27th.
Maybe I'll do the first combo of Brutal Legend and something else then Ratchet and Tekken 6 on the 27th...
This could be incredible!

Does BB's TIVS=Future Shop TIVS?

[quote name='lustyhitter']Just those three days from October 20-22.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I get paid on the 22nd and if this game is any good, I'll definitely pick it up. Hopefully some of the reviews start being released.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
RCSS (Ontario)

Coupons:
Spend $250 get $25 gift card
Free Wii Motion Plus with the purchase of a Wii console.
Neilson 1L Milk .99 cents
[/QUOTE]

Our flyer is different out here.

RCSS (BC)
Coupon: Spend $175 get 1.8kg of Halloween candy
Fifa Soccer 10 PSP $44.99 Wii $59.99 360/PS3 $69.99
Jillian Michaels 2010 $34.99
Coupon: Free Wii Motion Plus with the purchase of a Wii console.
Transformers (Tuesday only) $18.47 2-Disc $22.99 Blu-ray $29.99

I will have to print out a list of $9+ games at FS for Wii/PS3/Xbox360 and go see used prices at local BBV to see which games can be cheap for the T4G2 deal... seems like crazy stuff.

Thanks for sharing, I have Prototype to trade at BBV, hope to use some credit from it to buy games to trade back to Bestbuy.

Think I wanna get Borderlands, definitely want to read a bit more about it before buying it though. Sounds like an intesnse time consumer.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I have the Red Rider BB like this one.[/QUOTE]

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid. :)

The BB trade deal is potentially hot if you can score games with a tiv of $9+ for cheap. If the list is the same as FS, there may be very slim pickings.

[quote name='gamer602']*Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON
YOURE OUT OF LUCK IF YOU LIVE THERE![/QUOTE]

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I'd SO do LBP and Magna Carta 2.

[quote name='gamer602']*Gift cards used at Best Buy locations in Calgary can only be used for
other gaming products

Nanaimo, BC
Winnipeg MB
St. Catharines, ON
Windsor, ON
Oakville, ON
Richmond Hill, ON
Markham, ON
Woodbridge, ON
Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
You've crushed my dream of trading in games for Fallout 3 GOTY & Demon's Souls

Trade 4 get one more is for new releases only right and not preorders in addition?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
You'll shoot yer eye out, kid. :)[/QUOTE]
C+

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Sounds like an intesnse time consumer.

[/QUOTE]
I hope so. I think I read there were only 30 main missions. No idea how long those are, though. I put in an order at Best Buy, if reviews are negative I can always return it for a refund.

other gaming products

Nanaimo, BC
Winnipeg MB
St. Catharines, ON
Windsor, ON
Oakville, ON
Richmond Hill, ON
Markham, ON
Woodbridge, ON
Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON

I was just at the Kanata location and the dude working the video game section said they didn't have their permit yet and to periodically check the website for confirmation. He said they hoped to have the permit before the month was over, which means there's still a slight chance to take advantage of the promotion since it runs until Oct. 30th.

Also one more copy of Valkyria Chronicles ($39.99 - PS3) on the floor. Pretty stoked to play this game. Hopefully it's as awesome as everybody says it is.

[quote name='Jamaal23']I was just at the Kanata location and the dude working the video game section said they didn't have their permit yet and to periodically check the website for confirmation. He said they hoped to have the permit before the month was over, which means there's still a slight chance to take advantage of the promotion since it runs until Oct. 30th.

Also one more copy of Valkyria Chronicles ($39.99 - PS3) on the floor. Pretty stoked to play this game. Hopefully it's as awesome as everybody says it is.[/QUOTE]

*prays to god they get permit in time*

Man, i can't believe that ALL THE BEST BUYS IN OTTAWA dont take in trade-ins at the moment. Makes me so very sad i cant abuse it (even just a little)

[quote name='Azumangaman']So, is this Best Buy deal as good as it sounds?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is. 2 new games for 4 of yours is a pretty good deal (way better than T3G1 but harder since $9 minimum is harder at BB)

Toys R Us

DS game duo pack (Imagine + Ener-G shovelware) $29.99
Get $5 off 2800 points card with purchase of Halo ODST or FIFA 10
Get $5 off Bluetooth Headset with purchase of LBP GOTY or Uncharted 2

$10 GC with purchase of any 2 of these games: Cars Wii/DS, Littlest Pet Shop, Charm Girls Club
Buy 2 save $10 or buy 3 save $20 on any $19.99 DS game
$5 off any Wii/DS Petz game
NiGHTS free with Wii Console
Wii Fit Plus game only $19.99

Who knows, some of those Imagine/PETZ games might be $9+ at Best Buy! :D

ummm small snag with the trade 4 deal.

I went to BB in Hamilton today and the 69.99 maximum is actually the combined value of the new games. In the flyer it says Maximum new game value 69.99 or something to that effect.

When I got there he told me they hadn't figured out how to do it so while i was there they sorted it out and realized that it's a 69.99 combined value. Since he told me i would get it before they realized the truth about it, they gave it to me but said they were going to post correction notices for future customers.

I traded Metroid 3, Fallout 3(360), Banjo Kazooie N+B and Riddick(360) for Fallout 3 GOTY(360) and Uncharted 2

[quote name='Rabid']ummm small snag with the trade 4 deal.

I went to BB in Hamilton today and the 69.99 maximum is actually the combined value of the new games. In the flyer it says Maximum new game value 69.99 or something to that effect.

When I got there he told me they hadn't figured out how to do it so while i was there they sorted it out and realized that it's a 69.99 combined value. Since he told me i would get it before they realized the truth about it, they gave it to me but said they were going to post correction notices for future customers.

I traded Metroid 3, Fallout 3(360), Banjo Kazooie N+B and Riddick(360) for Fallout 3 GOTY(360) and Uncharted 2[/QUOTE]

It worked for me at that location. It just took a bit of time for people to figure it out. I am pretty sure the guy working there is wrong.

[quote name='Rabid']ummm small snag with the trade 4 deal.

I traded Metroid 3, Fallout 3(360), Banjo Kazooie N+B and Riddick(360) for Fallout 3 GOTY(360) and Uncharted 2[/QUOTE]
Haha, I used to work there.
I'll have to go to Ancaster.

other gaming products

Nanaimo, BC
Winnipeg MB
St. Catharines, ON
Windsor, ON
Oakville, ON
Richmond Hill, ON
Markham, ON
Woodbridge, ON
Kanata, ON
Ottawa East, ON
Ottawa West, ON

STAND UP LONDON, ON! :applause::bouncy:

[quote name='Jamaal23']Valkyria Chronicles ($39.99 - PS3) on the floor. Pretty stoked to play this game. Hopefully it's as awesome as everybody says it is.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Valkyria Chronicles, does anyone know if FS carries it? I don't see it listed on their site, but then again, the game seemed to slip into and then out of most stores surprisingly quickly so I'm not sure if they ever carried it to begin with.

does anyone know if we can get gift card value for these? or can we use them towards pre-orders? i'd really like to take advantage of the bb promo, but i don't know if i want 2 new wii games that i don't already have... i'd much rather wait for NSMBwii or something else.

Gift card: No, it rings in as "Full price minus TIV value minus discount". So if you return it, you should technically only get the TIV value back on a gift card.

Pre-orders: No, must pick games in stock.

Exchange within 30 days: Obviously no one's tried this yet since the promo just started.. some people have been told they can, others told they cannot.

[quote name='Jamaal23']I was just at the Kanata location and the dude working the video game section said they didn't have their permit yet and to periodically check the website for confirmation. He said they hoped to have the permit before the month was over, which means there's still a slight chance to take advantage of the promotion since it runs until Oct. 30th.[/QUOTE]

Baaaahh. Oh well.

[quote name='inconspikuous']does anyone know if we can get gift card value for these? or can we use them towards pre-orders? i'd really like to take advantage of the bb promo, but i don't know if i want 2 new wii games that i don't already have... i'd much rather wait for NSMBwii or something else.[/QUOTE]

I have traded in 8 games so far and have gotten gift cards, both times. At one location they said I couldn't get a it as in store credit but if I brought back the sealed games I could then get them as in store credit. I said getting the in store credit now just cuts out the middle man but the employee just looked at me blankly. So I left, went to another bestbuy and got my $159 credit at that store.

didn't work like that 4 me -- the ppl just gave me 2 games for my 4.

but besides that, this deal worked _EXCELLENTLY_. i really appreciate the heads up CAGers. =) thanks!

well, for one, i'm in toronto. =/ lol. and the other thing is they wrote 'no refunds' on my receipt. so yeah, wouldn't work the same -- but i'm still happy with the deal.

[quote name='telepathy']*prays to god they get permit in time*

Man, i can't believe that ALL THE BEST BUYS IN OTTAWA dont take in trade-ins at the moment. Makes me so very sad i cant abuse it (even just a little)[/QUOTE]

According to their website, the Gatineau store is doing it.

[quote name='inconspikuous']does anyone know if we can get gift card value for these? or can we use them towards pre-orders? i'd really like to take advantage of the bb promo, but i don't know if i want 2 new wii games that i don't already have... i'd much rather wait for NSMBwii or something else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat... T4G2 is awesome but without a 360/PS3 I don't feel like I'm getting all $140 worth with just Wii games. Even with EB's T3 I'll go for a GG game or do T2+$10.

I don't think you can get giftcard value, they are supposed to do a trade-in on giftcard using "original" trade values, and after doing a "coupon xray" or something in that nature to buy the 2 games with giftcard and use a promo code to pay the rest of the game.

I did the deal 2 times for total 4 games: Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Dirt 2, Fallout 3 GOTY... great deal!

i think i'm gonna head in on wednesday to pick up beatles rock band and uncharted 2. with fallout 3 goty last week and smackdown 2010 tomorrow, i'm gonna be set for the next few weeks.

bread's done
Back